Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Dook
    Dook

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Dook Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 pm

"Talley-ho!! Let's get this done!!!" I walked towards the destination
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 pm

I walk along side them, humming a tune and fiddling with my coin to keep myself a bit more awake.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:53 pm

We make our way down town, walking fast.
    We make it to his shop. I walk up to the door and start banging on the door calling his name.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:53 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:We make our way down town, walking fast.
    We make it to his shop. I walk up to the door and start banging on the door calling his name.

There's an immediate ruckus inside, and a small glow illuminates an upstairs window... And two or three other Windows in nearby shops. A window above opens, and a voice calls out.
    "Stop that nonsense this instant! Who are you? What do you want?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:03 pm

I use minor illusion to make a replica image of the pocket watch in front of the man. "We're looking for something like this, and were told you're the man to see about it. Perhaps you come down instead of yelling out the window? Or big boy here remodels your door for you." (Persuasion)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:06 pm

*I lean on the door to make Bryan's words more convincing* I whisper,"I hate it when you use my size to your advantage. ."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:29 pm

"Well I could make something like you appear, but it wouldn't be near as monstrous. It's a compliment I assure you. " I wink at my scaly friend.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:06 am

"C'mon now. We ain't got the time fer ye to doddle 'round."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:40 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I use minor illusion to make a replica image of the pocket watch in front of the man. "We're looking for something like this, and were told you're the man to see about it. Perhaps you come down instead of yelling out the window? Or big boy here remodels your door for you." (Persuasion)

Tolr'ax wrote:"C'mon now. We ain't got the time fer ye to doddle 'round."

The small voice from above stiffens. "I run a magical trinkets and specialty jewelry shop; that door is reinforced with enchanted mithril, so good luck with that. I am closed, sirs, so if you've got business, come back in the morning!" The window slams shut. By now there are several other folks looking out windows, and a couple of shopowners have come to their doors.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:58 am

I use minor illusion, and with a knocking motion create a loud banging as if on his window.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:07 am

"The longer you take to help us, the more these fine shop keepers have to deal with. You don't want to keep them awake do you?" I continue the knocking sound.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:41 am

"We can do this all night, sir" I yell at him. "Yer door might be enchanted, but what 'bout yer wall. Or yer winders. Eh? Yer keepin' yer neighbors up. All we need is a little bit of information that ONLY you can give us, and we need it tonight."

I look around at the people standing in their doorways, "Aye, you all want him to open up and help us, right? As soon as he gives us what we want, ye can all forget this ever happened, and get some nice rest."

Back to the closed window "Cmon now! You are keepin' everyone from gettin' a good night's sleep. YOU are doin' this, not us."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:23 pm

I pull meh wings out and glide up to the window with a little tap. "C'mon man, only you can help us. The faster you do the faster we are gone. Maybe we can make worth something to ya."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:26 pm

"Aye, we can leave him alone. That will be worth it to him! C'mon now. Yer neighbors are gunna hate ye if ye don't help us out." (Persuade)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:33 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I use minor illusion, and with a knocking motion create a loud banging as if on his window.

That's just rude.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"The longer you take to help us, the more these fine shop keepers have to deal with. You don't want to keep them awake do you?" I continue the knocking sound.

Seriously. Rude.

Tolr'ax wrote:"We can do this all night, sir" I yell at him. "Yer door might be enchanted, but what 'bout yer wall. Or yer winders. Eh? Yer keepin' yer neighbors up. All we need is a little bit of information that ONLY you can give us, and we need it tonight."

I look around at the people standing in their doorways, "Aye, you all want him to open up and help us, right? As soon as he gives us what we want, ye can all forget this ever happened, and get some nice rest."

Back to the closed window "Cmon now! You are keepin' everyone from gettin' a good night's sleep. YOU are doin' this, not us."

One of the larger shops in the area is down the street to the north, a smithy with bellows and furnace in full sight. The blacksmith, a burly man as wide across the chest as he was tall nearly, steps across the street. His forging hammer in hand. The head of said hammer is the size of a small anvil. "That's my friend, Orcling. He said he's closed. I'd suggest you listen to him."

He is joined by what appear to be his two apprentices, and other shopkeepers are stepping out of their homes with lanterns in one hand, and some sort of other implement in their other hands - the butcher has a cleaver, the tanner a cleated hooked instrument, the carpenter a hand axe. They are starting to talk to one another, asking what's going on, who were these loud people, and so forth. You hear one of them ask, "Where's the Town Watch?"

Dook wrote:I pull meh wings out and glide up to the window with a little tap. "C'mon man, only you can help us. The faster you do the faster we are gone. Maybe we can make worth something to ya."

You do not glide anywhere. You're Dragonborn, not a Dragon. Your wings are for show, like a T-Rex's arms. Instead of gliding, you flap them quickly, as if to fly. It makes for a sort of impressive display, like you're stretching and readying yourself. Which just makes you more menacing and looking less likely to be open to listening to reason. But then, you three are all CHAOTIC, so... sort of fits.

Tolr'ax wrote:"Aye, we can leave him alone. That will be worth it to him! C'mon now. Yer neighbors are gunna hate ye if ye don't help us out." (Persuade)

[14] He's unconvinced. The window does open again, however, and the short man behind the glass has a crossbow locked and loaded, pointing at you. "Looks to me like you boys don't have manners or sense. You've got 3 seconds to up and go or this quarrel will be planted in your eye. I work with jewels - my precision is exact. Do you doubt me?"

Esnach just stands there. Eyebrows raised and wide eyes looking around, both at you and your strategy, and at the growing crowd...
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:26 pm

"All we ask is if you know of a watch with suns and moons on it, and who might have it. My friend here (gestures to Esnach) is on a quest to find it. I'm a tradesman like all of you (gestures to the growing crowd) we all know we help our friends as best we can. So, now that we have everyone's attention. Do any of you know the watch we seek?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:31 pm

Once again I make an illusion of the watch, a very big one so everyone can see, while make a motion of a clock hand going around. "It's of high value to this man, belonged to his father who's grave was robbed. Unfortunately without it we can't really leave."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:57 pm

I shake meh head and just sit on the ground. I pull out meh pipe and light it up. "Well this escaladed didn't it?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:02 pm

"Yea, unlike you."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"All we ask is if you know of a watch with suns and moons on it, and who might have it. My friend here (gestures to Esnach) is on a quest to find it. I'm a tradesman like all of you (gestures to the growing crowd) we all know we help our friends as best we can. So, now that we have everyone's attention. Do any of you know the watch we seek?"

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Once again I make an illusion of the watch, a very big one so everyone can see, while make a motion of a clock hand going around. "It's of high value to this man, belonged to his father who's grave was robbed. Unfortunately without it we can't really leave."

This Ruhdair shouts back. "No. I don't. You touch my glass or door again and you'll be sorry!"

The rest of the crowd is still grumbling, none really giving any indication of the watch themselves, but arguing that if Ruhdair says he doesn't, then you need to leave and let folks get back to sleep. "Stop being such blackhearts!" Things of that nature. Generally a universal 'fuck off' sentiment is drifting towards you with increasing agitation.

Esnach points to three men in tabards fast approaching, each with a torch, each armed and armored. Their tabards display the crossed plough-and-scythe of Pegrenfyfe's sigil. This, my good friends, is the Town Watch.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:07 pm

"Aye! Guards! Wonderin' when ye be showin' up!"

I look to my companions. "We might just have a little fun tonighr boys."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:33 pm

"Alright, about time things got fun." I take one last puff before I put out meh pipe and tuck it away. I stand up and stretch out real nice like.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:35 pm

"Ay now, what's going on here?" asks the lead Watchman.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:09 pm

"Oh thank goodness you're here! We were being harassed this man who started yelling and pointing his bow at us. Obviously we took offense as we are simply trying to help our friend here who has had a precious memento stolen from his father's grave!" I bring Esnach in close and side hug him, "Isn't that right my good fellow?" (Deception?)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:12 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Oh thank goodness you're here! We were being harassed this man who started yelling and pointing his bow at us. Obviously we took offense as we are simply trying to help our friend here who has had a precious memento stolen from his father's grave!" I bring Esnach in close and side hug him, "Isn't that right my good fellow?" (Deception?)

[10+3+2=15]
    The guardsman is clearly unsure what the devil is going on, but he does look up at the man in the window. Sure enough, there's a crossbow and he's looking quite agitated. The guard is about to call down Ruhdair... When all the other townsfolk start clamoring that, no, you and your friends are the problem. Some racial slurs follow, about the Dragonborn and Halforc.

"Shut it! The lot of you!" Said guard is done with the nonsense. "Something was stolen? By Master Ruhdair? Or someone else? Come now, spit it out! We're going to get this handled so these fine folks can sleep, but then you-" he jabs a gauntleted finger in your direction "-get the fuck out and back to wherever you're staying. Tradecourt is closed, eh? Now, what the devil is this about?!" By the end his voice was thunder, and all the assembled crowd looked a lot less energetic about the prospect of violence.

By this point, two more guardsmen arrive from the other direction, and push through the press of the crowd, which by the by is filling the street. One, a greybeard, calls over. "Connar, we sorted?"
    The first guard responds, "Just starting." and points to you three.

"Any of you. Speak up."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm