Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Tolr'ax

Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:11 pm

What kind of personal effects? (I might pick some of them up if they are worth anything, or could give a clue) I will scout ahead again the way that the hoof tracks go, again keeping an eye out for any animals for prey or anyone along the trail (stealth)
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:24 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:What kind of personal effects? (I might pick some of them up if they are worth anything, or could give a clue) I will scout ahead again the way that the hoof tracks go, again keeping an eye out for any animals for prey or anyone along the trail (stealth)

A book of some fantastical moon monsters, a pocket mirror, small pouch of some herbs, things such as this. Nothing inherently of "value" except to one who might find it useful or fascinating.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:41 pm

I'll scoop it all up before I continue on the journey. "These might come in handy" I say to the others.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:23 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I'll scoop it all up before I continue on the journey. "These might come in handy" I say to the others.

Neat. The road further up isn't so bad elsewhere, and in the distance you can see the edges of civilization as the sprawling mining camp's buildings and palisades come into view.

Brian and Zorra are about 60 feet behind you, and you are - presumably to stay stealthy-ish - a few feet inside the treeline on the side of the road. You see up ahead, about another 40 feet, four armed men at various states of rest, talking among themselves.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:47 pm

I want to see if I can tell any affiliation of the guards from their colors or anything else that might give note of who they are, also, can I hear anything they are saying?
    Once I have collected any information, I want to double back to my friends and relay the information I gathered to them.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:40 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I want to see if I can tell any affiliation of the guards from their colors or anything else that might give note of who they are, also, can I hear anything they are saying?
    Once I have collected any information, I want to double back to my friends and relay the information I gathered to them.

(16) You seem to recall that Talley's colors were green of some sort, and Worrall's yellow. These chaps don't seem to be flying any colors. You crit fail to eavesdrop, luckily were not so clumsy as to be found out by them.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:55 pm

What kind of weapons and armor do they have? And how far are they from the mines? Do I have any knowledge of the mine's security, like how many guards they normally have posted, if any?

I meet the boys back on the road and relay the info to them, "Four, armed with ____. Probably guards for the mine.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:19 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:What kind of weapons and armor do they have? And how far are they from the mines? Do I have any knowledge of the mine's security, like how many guards they normally have posted, if any?

I meet the boys back on the road and relay the info to them, "Four, armed with ____. Probably guards for the mine.

You do not know the security situation.
    The mine complex itself is about 3 miles away.
    They are armed with your typical assorted gear. Some leather, some chain, some swords, spears, etc. One fella definitely has a bow.
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:41 pm

I catch up to Sid, "What do you see friend? Trouble ahead?" I lean in close whispering.
    Dook

Post by Dook on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:05 pm

I have the pipe hanging from my mouth as I approach Sid. I take in the environment and what lies ahead, trying to determine our next course of action should be.

Perception
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:39 pm

Dook wrote:I have the pipe hanging from my mouth as I approach Sid. I take in the environment and what lies ahead, trying to determine our next course of action should be.

Perception

From your vantage, you see merely a slightly winding road that gently climbs up away from you. You hear some sort or birdcall. Otherwise, you must tell on Sid's report.
    Dook

Post by Dook on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:41 pm

"Sid, any information you want to pass to us", I say waiting patiently.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:40 pm

I let them know about the 4 armed men. "Nothing special, we can take em. Easily. One of us could walk up to distract while the other two take them out from afar if they cause trouble."
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:53 am

"Fair enough, give me just a moment.." I wave my hands around myself casting Disguise Self to make myself appear in the armor of the guards, and a foot taller to appear large and muscular. I then walk over towards the guards before shouting, "You lot there! What in the hell do you think you're doing!?"
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:42 am

As Brian disguises himself, I sneak over to the left side of the path and get in a good view with my bow ready to fire at anyone who tries to harm him.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:37 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Fair enough, give me just a moment.." I wave my hands around myself casting Disguise Self to make myself appear in the armor of the guards, and a foot taller to appear large and muscular. I then walk over towards the guards before shouting, "You lot there! What in the hell do you think you're doing!?"

One man jumps up to attention at the sound of your voice. Or rather, the volume of your voice. The other three, however, look at you curiously. One man, a stocky, scarred brute, steps forward and punches you in the face. Or rather, where your Disguised Face should have been. Stepping back, he screams "Wah doos!" And draws his axe.

Behind him, the other three also draw weapons.

Tolr'ax wrote:As Brian disguises himself, I sneak over to the left side of the path and get in a good view with my bow ready to fire at anyone who tries to harm him.

(Is this your ready action?)
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:34 pm

Troyer wrote:(Is this your ready action?)

(Yes, let my arrow fly as soon as my turn comes about, I should have advantage since it would be a surprise attack, my target will be the one that punched Brian in the face. +2 to my range attack for my Archery fighting style)
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:30 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:

(Yes, let my arrow fly as soon as my turn comes about, I should have advantage since it would be a surprise attack, my target will be the one that punched Brian in the face. +2 to my range attack for my Archery fighting style)

(Surprise confers no advantage. Surprised is merely a condition whereby the surprised critter doesn't get a turn, basically. Read more in the PHB.)
    Dook

Post by Dook on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:00 pm

I charge down the hill with axes in hand to come to Brian's aid.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:16 am

Troyer wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:

(Surprise confers no advantage. Surprised is merely a condition whereby the surprised critter doesn't get a turn, basically. Read more in the PHB.)

(Gotacha boss)
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:08 pm

ROUND 1
    Brian stands alone in front of the four armed guards on the road, all of whom are now on alert to this nonsense.
    Sid is hiding in the treeline among the foliage attempting to get the drop on said guardsmen.
    Zorra charges ahead with axes drawn, dragonwings flashing and scales glimmering in the light.

Zorra (24/24) -
    Brian (19/19) -
    Sid (21/21) -
    Guard S1 -
    Guard M -
    Guard AC -
    Guard S2 -

ROUND 2

Zorra (24/24) -
    Brian (19/19) -
    Sid (21/21) -
    Guard S1 -
    Guard M -
    Guard AC -
    Guard S2 -
    Dook

Post by Dook on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:27 pm

I rush to Brian's side and try to help him in his nonsense.
    (I move as close as I can get in a turn)
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:57 pm

Dook wrote:I rush to Brian's side and try to help him in his nonsense.
    (I move as close as I can get in a turn)

(Using the Dash action, you can double your movement. I forgot to label the map by rows and columns, so for now just describe 'northwest of Brian' or 'two squares east of the northern guard' or whatnot. I'll label the guards too.)
    Dook

Post by Dook on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:34 pm

I use the dash action to get to the square above brian
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm

"Oh dear, that was terribly rude! Yet it was also hilarious! Didn't you think so?" I say with a smirk as I cast Tasha's Hideous Laughter on the guard diagonally left to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Dec 15, 2018 5:40 pm