Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Dook

Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook on Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:56 pm

"I once was a slave, long ago. Broken free from the shackles of meh master" hinting towards the shackles around my limbs and necks. "Reminders of a former life and how I will not go back teh it"

Shoshana catches my eye and I give her a weird ass look as I mouth the words subtly "what the fuck" then pan my attention towards the "gatekeepers".

"So why do us any harm... to someone who was just like yeh?"

I look at them and try to determine if our words would matter, whether they intend to attack regardless of what we say or do. (Insight +2)

Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Sat Sep 22, 2018 2:10 pm

Delrun - "Bargain?" the Masked voice says. "Your friend seems to have a desire to bargain with my large friend there." The mask turns silently towards Shoshana. The figure flows over to the dying man. "This one's bargain was....lacking. One can only hope that your's will be less disappointing."

Shoshana - the large beast of a man looks at you. His eyes are small and there is not much there in the critical thinking department. He lets go of his weapon on his back. "Pretty," he says is an unimaginably deep and hushed voice that only you seem to be able to hear at this distance. He shuffles his feet slightly and waits. His face turns a shade redder.

Zylo - You seem to think they are only wanting a trade, but after the masked one's statement towards the dying man, you aren't sure what they are wanting. At your words, the masked figure is suddenly in your face. You see into the eye holes of the mask, bright green eyes with red veins snaking their way around. "You are nothing like us, boy" the voice whispers to you in a sharper voice.
    You realize that he/she is standing on your horse, with you. They slip off your mount and glides away.
    "State your offer."
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:12 pm

Shoshana's hand will reach out and gently fondle the beads in the giant's beard. "A horse," she calls out to the Masked One, not taking her eyes off the giant's own eyes. "For you and each of your men. Tack and saddle, too. For our safe passage." (Persuasion +8 )

She then drops her voice and leans in towards the giant. "And I want you to come with us."
    Dook

Post by Dook on Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:23 pm

My temper sky rockets and I clinch my fist with claws bearing into my palms. I think to myself how dare he have the audacity to say that to my face. I went through hell more than what they did and still dealing with repercussions of my past. I bite my tongue so I do not utter something I know will be offensive. I lean up against Jory's horse and see what this woman doing with the giant. She is giving him this weird unsettling look.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:38 pm

The masked one glides to Shoshana, "I accept the horses and supplies," The mask twists to the giant man. "Do you wish to go with her, Yanta?" The masked voice is even softer than usual.

The large man, that you all figure is Yanta, smiles "Yes, Gridi."

The voice behind the mask chuckles, "Well since we are free, you may do as you wish. Release the horses and set the supplies aside. Yanta, we will miss you."

Banmila sits atop her horse with her mouth agape and a few tears welling up in her eyes. She flips her hood up and hunkers down in the saddle.

Jory and his father unhook horses from the others and lay the supplies beside them. The other gate keepers gather it up and take the horses aside. Yanta grabs the wheel to the gate and pulls hard and the first gate starts rising up.

Gridi, the Masked One, moves to Zylo. "You seem rattled by my words, boy."
    Dook

Post by Dook on Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:27 pm

"More irritated then anaythin. In another time, I could see you as meh rival. I hope teh see yeh again on different terms."

I put my hand on his shoulder and lean in close as I pass by, whispering "And don' call meh boy, I am too beastly for that trivial title."

I pat his shoulder as I walk by.

I think to meself "Gridi...I hope to see you again so I can punch that stupid mask off your face." I smile with frustration as this passes through my mind.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Smiling a sly smile, Shoshana will nudge her horse through the gate, then turn and wait for her retinue to pass before taking up the rear.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:26 am

Dook - As you move your hand towards Gridi, and touch the robe, you feel nothing solid under the clothing. it were just clothes hanging in the wind. The bright green eyes lock with yours. You suddenly see only a black void. You have been blinded.

Gridi's voice rings out, "You should learn to keep your hands to yourself."

Everyone - you see Zylo reach down and tap on Gridi's shoulder. The mask faces him immediately. A green shine comes from Gridi and Zylo's eyes gloss over.

Gridi turns to Shoshana, "Your friend will be fine, the effects will only last a minute. He should learn to behave like a gentlman."
    Dook

Post by Dook on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:19 am

"Oh what the fack! I can' see!!" I run around in a blind panic and then run into something. I find myself something I am quite acquainted with...the ground. On my back and hands on my eyes ,"Nope,, I take back everything I said. Your a dick."

I reach out for assistance,"Delrun, Shoshana, help a pup out?"

Do I know any knowledge of this voodoo he cast or if it was magic he cast...does it feel familiar? (History -2)
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:20 pm

"He said it will last a minute, let it last. Ger yer arse back on ya mount when it's done lest you end up like the lad broken and beaten!" I look to Gridi, "Should we look to trouble further ahead? Any of ye freed ones looking to turn road bandit perhaps?"
    Dook

Post by Dook on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:13 pm

"Delrun, I didn' have a horse! I walked beside the wagon. Tie a rope around meh hand so I don' get lost or give out a series of kaws and ka-kaws to know which direction teh go!" I say half seriously.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Sighing, Shoshana merely rolls her eyes. Calling to the crude and rash one whose name she couldn't be bothered remembering, she says, "Follow my voice, pup. Come along now."
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:27 pm

Dook wrote:Do I know any knowledge of this voodoo he cast or if it was magic he cast...does it feel familiar? (History -2)

You know nothing of it. All you know for the moment is the black void that you can see.

Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:34 pm

Dook wrote:"Delrun, I didn' have a horse! I walked beside the wagon. Tie a rope around meh hand so I don' get lost or give out a series of kaws and ka-kaws to know which direction teh go!" I say half seriously.

(You did have a horse. The Stable keepers let you have one for a couple gold or something. So you can just get back on it.)

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"I look to Gridi, "Should we look to trouble further ahead? Any of ye freed ones looking to turn road bandit perhaps?"

Gridi pauses, "We have not let but a few common folk out the gate. Most that came to us are dead, they had nothing to offer. But, I suppose they could attack on the road....but since I have not been out of these walls in several years, I would not know the dangers that await you, Dwarf."

Yanta finishes opening the other two gates, your path is clear, the large man locks the gate in the open position and walks over to Shoshana. "You leader?"

Banmila sniffles in her saddle.

The stable keepers start heading out the gate with a few horses fewer than before.

What adventures will await you in the island of Grath? Soon you shall see!!!
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:37 pm

I am also going to level you guys up. LVL 2 baby!!!
    Y'all have avoided most confrontations without a fight, and diplomacy matters. So level your characters, bitches!
    Dook

Post by Dook on Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:00 pm

I follow Shoshana's voice to help me on my stead I suddenly remembered I had.

When I get close to Shoshana I say,"That mask one is not human..." I relay the information that I learned about Gridi upon touching him.
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:22 pm

"Hmmph" I grumble a bit, happy only to be leaving. "Let's go then lads n' lasses!" I ride my horse forward, looking out at the horizon ahead, (Perception +2)
    Dook

Post by Dook on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 am

I also look out to the horizon (perception -100)
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:40 am

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Dook wrote:"Delrun, I didn' have a horse! I walked beside the wagon. Tie a rope around meh hand so I don' get lost or give out a series of kaws and ka-kaws to know which direction teh go!" I say half seriously.

(You did have a horse. The Stable keepers let you have one for a couple gold or something. So you can just get back on it.)

Shoshana will toss a rope to the blind moron, and lead him along with the caravan.

Yanta finishes opening the other two gates, your path is clear, the large man locks the gate in the open position and walks over to Shoshana. "You leader?"

Looking over her companions, Shoshana shrugged. "I suppose so."

Banmila sniffles in her saddle.

It does not go unnoticed, but tensions in the air require Shoshana's attentions until they were clear.

The stable keepers start heading out the gate with a few horses fewer than before.

Tolr'ax wrote:I am also going to level you guys up. LVL 2 baby!!!
    Y'all have avoided most confrontations without a fight, and diplomacy matters. So level your characters, bitches!

(Charisma for the win.)

Dook wrote:I follow Shoshana's voice to help me on my stead I suddenly remembered I had.

When I get close to Shoshana I say,"That mask one is not human..." I relay the information that I learned about Gridi upon touching him.

"Shocking," she says with mild annoyance. "In the future, perhaps you don't antagonize individuals with a murderous posse behind them, for there must be a reason the posse is behind them. Still... that is unnatural."

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Hmmph" I grumble a bit, happy only to be leaving.  "Let's go then lads n' lasses!" I ride my horse forward, looking out at the horizon ahead, (Perception +2)

Shoshana will bring up the rear.

(Take stock of horses & supplies now. The giant newcomer, what's his name and equipment? Is he going to mount or walk alongside?)
    Dook

Post by Dook on Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:34 pm

Dook wrote:I follow Shoshana's voice to help me on my stead I suddenly remembered I had.

"Shocking," she says with mild annoyance. "In the future, perhaps you don't antagonize individuals with a murderous posse behind them, for there must be a reason the posse is behind them. Still... that is unnatural."[/quote]

"Unnatural is...underwhelming word to say teh least for that fellow...but I will be more mindful on our travels. Ima still a young pup needing to learn new tricks." I say as an excuse to get by with my dumb decisions at the moment.

I get on the mount and lay upon the beast and close my eyes...since they don't work anyway.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:09 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Hmmph" I grumble a bit, happy only to be leaving.  "Let's go then lads n' lasses!" I ride my horse forward, looking out at the horizon ahead, (Perception +2)

You see the mountain range where you have your hole that you stay at for the majority of the year, when you aren't digging for ore. The green mountains fill you with a sense of warmth and home.

Dook wrote:I also look out to the horizon (perception -100)

You start gaining your vision back once you make it past the large iron gates. You see a blurry green wall somewhere in front of you. A familiar blue blanket hangs above you. You realize that it is a mountain and the sky.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:15 am

Troyer wrote:
    Shoshana will bring up the rear.

(Take stock of horses & supplies now. The giant newcomer, what's his name and equipment? Is he going to mount or walk alongside?)[/quote]

The gatekeepers took 4 horses and enough supplies for the horses, and some food. You all still have about a week's worth of supplies, which if you travel at a moderate pace, you will reach Aentar in 8 days.

Your new giant compan-man is names Yanta. He is a human as far as you can tell, his body is hard as stone, muscles rippling everywhere, he has no armor. He carries a maul with a larger stone head on it, just looking at it, you could assume that it weighs more than most of the party could lift. He is simple and not wordy. He has scars and hair covering his body, presumably from fighting or torture. He has no coin pouch that you can see. He is too large to ride a horse, so he jogs alongside the caravan with ease.

The day is still young and the sun is high. A road stretches south. Presumably towards your destination. Jory leads on his prized steed. "It begins" he says in a hushed tone.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:40 pm

The gatekeepers took 4 horses and enough supplies for the horses, and some food. You all still have about a week's worth of supplies, which if you travel at a moderate pace, you will reach Aentar in 8 days.

Your new giant compan-man is names Yanta. He is a human as far as you can tell, his body is hard as stone, muscles rippling everywhere, he has no armor. He carries a maul with a larger stone head on it, just looking at it, you could assume that it weighs more than most of the party could lift. He is simple and not wordy. He has scars and hair covering his body, presumably from fighting or torture. He has no coin pouch that you can see. He is too large to ride a horse, so he jogs alongside the caravan with ease.

The day is still young and the sun is high. A road stretches south. Presumably towards your destination. Jory leads on his prized steed. "It begins" he says in a hushed tone.

Riding to the front to flank Jory, Shoshana offers her apologies. "Master Jory, I hope I did not cost you and yours too much in that exchange. Considering the 'guards' there, and being outnumbered as we are, I saw no other way without bloodshed, and I would not bet favorably on the odds we all would continue breathing."

Last edited by Troyer on Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:42 pm

As we ride down the road with my "home" in sight, my voice deepens and chest puffed out, a song is sung to raise morale and pass the time.
    "The smoke and fire at foot doth I see..
    Sky above hidden by tall oaken trees..
    A picture appears in the ember stacks.." my eyes go back to Banmilla, "Well little lass? What doth one see in the stacks? Come now let's hear a sweet voice!" I wink to her.
    Dook

Post by Dook on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:28 pm

I smile to the deep voice of the dwarven song. Brings back subtle memories of a simpler time.

I take a deep breath and slowly let it out.

I need to get back on the trail. I must find "him". But these cast of characters might help me with me mission if I hang around them, for as of right now....my trail is cold..., I say to myself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:49 pm