Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 15 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Troyer Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:35 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana: Jory nods, "I guess you're right." he sighs. "My home is in shambles now..." He looks to his horses. "These are all we have now. We will have to sell them to pay for a new home. It is funny how life can force you to be uprooted. Ms. Shoshana, you and the others are sent from the Gods to help us." He smiles. "My grandmother will not live much longer, a year at most." He pauses for a moment. "I just want her to die peacefully."

Shoshana merely nods. "Malcolm, in his wisdom, puts us where we are needed. Get some sleep."
    Dook
    Dook

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 15 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Sat Dec 01, 2018 3:47 pm

I come back to the site carrying all that I collected. I do not really pay mind to the others.

"I will have food ready in a few. You can eat if you want, sleep if you need it."

I start making a contained fire and start cooking. I have made many a meal on my own, traveling from place to place. I start thinking that I consider myself a good cook...but when your hungry, you think anything is good. I've never been accepted anywhere since my pack got eradicated, so I'll keep to myself for now since I have done such a great job lately, I think sarcastically.

"It will take time to make. Water is here if you need it." I gesture to the group who is awake still.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:24 pm

Shoshana: Jory yawns. "I hope you are right about your God." He goes to his tent and disappears into it.

Zylo: Banmila and walks over and grabs a skin of water. "How did you come to be here, wolf?" she says under her breath so only you can hear. Her face has a slight smirk on it.

The night is still. Two hours pass. The only movement you see are bugs flying in your face.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:35 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana: Jory yawns. "I hope you are right about your God." He goes to his tent and disappears into it.

The night is still. Two hours pass. The only movement you see are bugs flying in your face.

Shoshana continues her watch, nibbling rations and silently meditating on Malcolm's words and deeds.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:50 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:

Zylo: Banmila and walks over and grabs a skin of water. "How did you come to be here, wolf?" she says under her breath so only you can hear. Her face has a slight smirk on it.

My adrenaline sky rockets from the word wolf but make no gesture or sign of it doing so.

"No need for name calling, I know I smell like a stray. I am a simple traveler. As a former slave I never got to explore the world. I make do with what I find and find work where I can. Like herding a bunch of horses and a family to where they need to be." I say without giving her any inclination of what she said.

Do I know this dwarf prior?
    (History Check)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:52 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:

My adrenaline sky rockets from the word wolf but make no gesture or sign of it doing so.

"No need for name calling, I know I smell like a stray. I am a simple traveler. As a former slave I never got to explore the world. I make do with what I find and find work where I can. Like herding a bunch of horses and a family to where they need to be." I say without giving her any inclination of what she said.

Do I know this dwarf prior?
    (History Check)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:07 am

Zylo: You do not know her prior to meeting her on this adventure (she is a gnome). She grins a bit more. "There are no native wolves on this island. I have had dealings with your kind before." She takes a swig of water. "I have been watching you and your mannerisms since we met. But I believe you to be a werewolf...at first it was your chains, those are used for imprison beings that can transform. You refer to yourself as a pup a lot, all those things were what made me suspicious...but the howl a little while ago....that was you."

She looks you dead in your eyes. Her voice drops quieter, you barely hear her words "Shar is the God of Darkness. But also the God of unrevealed secrets. He lead me to this conclusion." As she spoke, she gestured with her index finger extended. You realize that she knows your secret.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:43 pm

I clinch my fists and then slowly release. I say," it might be best to let it go. Some secrets are best left alone and kept to oneself."

I then look at her.," But how have you dealt with "my kind" before..." saying in a serious quiet tone.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:32 pm

Shoshana: The dead quiet of the night is broken by a far off snap of a twig to the East.

Delrun: Banmila had gotten up after she spoke to you and headed over to Zylo and sat down.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:50 pm

Zylo: Banmila gives a slight chuckle, "Don't worry, I have not harmed any wolves. I was a slaver before the riots." She shrugged. "Werewolves fetched a high price..if you could tame them enough to fall into servitude. You being a former slave should know how hard it is to keep a wolf in chains." She laughs to herself. "I never owned a wolf, so you know. I had a fellow trader that was here for a while, he trafficked wolves sometimes. Around a dozen that I know of, probably more. He was an eerie soul. Like he had an aura of pure evil around him. Most likely why he could tame the lycans." She sipped some more water and wiped her face. Her blue eyes meet yours. "Last I saw him was three months ago. But that is how I know what you are. He showed me his inventory when he got new ones...I think he hunted them himself."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:26 pm

My heart started to race as she told me this. Is this the man I have been searching for all this time?! But, 3 months ago....he could be anywhere now. The good news thought, my info was not faulty. I am getting closer...closer to the monster.

I look at Banmila: "Thank you for the tip. Could you though, keep what you know to yourself. No need for everyone to know unneeded information."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:33 pm

Zylo: "Your secret is safe with me, Zylo. I just wanted to confirm my suspicions with you. I understand why you hide yourself, the people on this island enjoy collecting prizes like yourself."

All:As the wind blows, a soft noise hangs on the soft caressing wind. Zylo, Delrun, Banmila, and the Stable keepers all fall unconscious.

Shoshana: Your eyes are heavy but you are awake, the noise is soft and pleasant. Like a mother's lullaby to her child. You notice all of your companions have dropped to the ground. You can tell that they are still alive. When suddenly the whiz of an object sails by your head and finds itself lodged in the cart.

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:14 pm

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:52 pm

Delrun must have been so tired he didn't notice little one leave...either way Zzzzzzz as the dog says. Perhaps the rest will bring me out of the fog my mind has been in.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:02 pm

The night is silent as the world waits.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:29 pm

Well gee, I guess Shoshana will use logic and take some shelter behind the cart while she attempts to find the source of said would-be-murderous arrow.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:20 pm

Zylo is still asleep by the fire. He kicks as if he is running.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:34 pm

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 15 Cleari11
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:57 pm

A1
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:23 pm

Dook wrote:A1
    Is this where you are??
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:25 pm

Naw, I'm just messing. Just wanted to see reactions is all.

I'll be next to the fire.

Fire: L10
    Zylo: K10
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:58 am

You also have horses and a cart. Jory and his fam have a tent that I will place.
    I will wait for everyone to input where things should go.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Zylo: Your eyes spring open, you are in an unfamiliar place...you are standing alone in a field. Short grass spans the ground as far as you can see. The sky is dark and filled with stars, but no moon that you can see. You feel as if the stars move when you are not focused on them. You feel light and heavy at the same time. All of your equipment is with you. Suddenly, a figure appears before you. You recognize an oddly familiar face. The dwarf you have been travelling with, Delrun.

Delrun: Your eyes snap open. Zylo is in front of you. You see a span of field that seems to have no end. A starry sky hangs above. The air is still. You do not recognize the area. It is not where you last remember being. You still have all your equipment.

Both: There are no signs of anyone else around. There are no landmarks. Just an endless field.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:06 pm

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 15 Firesi10

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:32 pm

Shoshana: As you duck under the cart and try to determine where the arrow came from you can tell that it came from the northern treeline of the clearing, you spy some movement in the trees, but not more than a shifting in the shadows (R4).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:27 am