Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax

Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax on Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:16 pm

The woman raises her hands again quieting down the crowd. "We are a people, but we will take this town and make it ours! Replace slavery and imprisonment with justice!"
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:22 pm

What does Shoshana know of the local authorities. Who is likely to respond to this revolt... With force?
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:16 pm

Shoshana is familiar with the local guards, there are roughly 200 members of the guard. They are paid by the slave masters and the jailers. So without the backing of the slavers, they have little authority, other than 200 spears and cudgels. They are basically a mercenary force that the slavers and jailers paid for to keep their businesses in line, without financing, who knows what will become of them.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:18 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana is familiar with the local guards, there are roughly 200 members of the guard. They are paid by the slave masters and the jailers. So without the backing of the slavers, they have little authority, other than 200 spears and cudgels. They are basically a mercenary force that the slavers and jailers paid for to keep their businesses in line, without financing, who knows what will become of them.

Where can they be found? And does Shoshana see a horse or mule and cart?
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:51 pm

I look to Shoshana with a firrowed brow, " I see nothin wrong wit these ones bein a free people." I point back towards the alley, "though there be lurkin in tae shadows, an somthin more sinista now roams."
    Dook

Post by Dook on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:19 pm

I look to the shadowy figure and try to get a better look. Perception +2

"You there! Why so distant, come have a word with me."
    I start walking towards said alley way
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I look to Shoshana with a firrowed brow, " I see nothin wrong wit these ones bein a free people." I point back towards the alley, "though there be lurkin in tae shadows, an somthin more sinista now roams."

"I never said otherwise. But... I'm sorry, your accent garbles Common. I don't have a clue what you're saying. Are you drunk?"
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Mon Jul 02, 2018 5:25 pm

"I'm soberin up ya proper donkey!....What's someone like you doin here anyway?"
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:18 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"I'm soberin up ya proper donkey!....What's someone like you doin here anyway?"

"I could ask you the same, dwarf."
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:58 am

Troyer wrote:Where can they be found? And does Shoshana see a horse or mule and cart?

shoshana - You know that their headquarters can be found in the Eastern District, you currently are in the Western District.
    Your knowledge of the town grants you the insight that the Western district is the poorer part of town, and the Eastern District is the richer part of town.

You see a farmer's cart nearby, the ass that was pulling it has been slaughtered and lays in a heap still attached to the cart. Some cabbages still remain in the cart from what you can tell, a few rolled on the ground.

Zylo- You peer into the dark alley, you see a silhouette, but not much else.

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:10 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dook

Post by Dook on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Troyer wrote:Where can they be found? And does Shoshana see a horse or mule and cart?

shoshana - You know that their headquarters can be found in the Eastern District, you currently are in the Western District.
    Your knowledge of the town grants you the insight that the Western district is the poorer part of town, and the Eastern District is the richer part of town.

You see a farmer's cart nearby, the ass that was pulling it has been slaughtered and lays in a heap still attached to the cart. Some cabbages still remain in the cart from what you can tell, a few rolled on the ground.

Zylo- You peer into the dark alley, you see a silhouette, but not much else.

"You there! Why so distant, come have a word with me."
    I start walking towards said alley way eager to know why he is being so secretive and creepy..
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:18 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:

"Shameful waste of life," Shoshana hissed. This is why there is equality and order, but you cannot have one without the other. "Dwarf, it's only a matter of time before this rioting spreads, and the town watch will be of little use once their purses empty. No slavers, no wages. I would suggest you find an exit from this town."
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:00 pm

Zylo - as you walk into the shadow, you realize that the shadowy figure is much smaller than you first thought, about 3 and a half feet, the figure pulls back the hood shrouding their face. You see that this is a gnome woman, she has cropped wavy blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes, much like your own. Her skin is rough and pink, like she is familiar with hard work. Her square face is twisted into a frightened expression, you recognize it as fear for her life. "Please don't hurt me, I. (Her hands start waving around) I never wanted to hurt anyone, it....(she rambles incoherently to herself as her hands flutter about with every other word)...I just thought I could get rich off it and..(rambles too fast to understand her hands basically speaking for her)...I don't want to die, by Garl Glittergold (she grabs her own face) I do not want to be slaughtered in the streets!" She looks at you with tears in her eyes, "I never hurt any of them, I was kind to them, yes the chains were there, but that was just so they wouldn't run away or anything" she looks down, "I always dreamed of being a slaver, just because I saw how good they had it...I just...I just wanted some gold..." (She throws her hands in the air)
    She looks up at your face, tears are streaming down. "I never even liked it, I always felt bad, but this town (she gestures around), it makes you do things! Things that you don't want to do!!! Things that...oh shhhh-Garl! Oh GARL I AM GOING TO DIE! PLEASE DON'T!!!!" she crumbles to a heap on the dirty alley floor.

Shoshana and Delrun - a burst of cheers ring out at another of the woman's lines ending with "Freedom!". The crowd starts rustling a bit chants of "Freedom!" are loud and plenty, people are bumping against you, some are breaking off. The woman stands with a smile on her face, she yells out "I, Freedom and my sister Hope will keep you safe, my children! Go forth and finish the masters. Finish them off, this town will be ours!"

The outer edge of the crowd start breaking away, most headed towards the Eastern District.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:11 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana and Delrun - a burst of cheers ring out at another of the woman's lines ending with "Freedom!". The crowd starts rustling a bit chants of "Freedom!" are loud and plenty, people are bumping against you, some are breaking off. The woman stands with a smile on her face, she yells out "I, Freedom and my sister Hope will keep you safe, my children! Go forth and finish the masters. Finish them off, this town will be ours!"

The outer edge of the crowd start breaking away, most headed towards the Eastern District.

"Past time to go, Master Dwarf. Are you coming or going?" Shoshana gestures towards the crowd's movement. She starts pushing the other way, looking for an exit.
    Dook

Post by Dook on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:12 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Zylo - as you walk into the shadow, you realize that the shadowy figure is much smaller than you first thought, about 3 and a half feet, the figure pulls back the hood shrouding their face. You see that this is a gnome woman, she has cropped wavy blonde hair, and piercing blue eyes, much like your own. Her skin is rough and pink, like she is familiar with hard work. Her square face is twisted into a frightened expression, you recognize it as fear for her life. "Please don't hurt me, I. (Her hands start waving around) I never wanted to hurt anyone, it....(she rambles incoherently to herself as her hands flutter about with every other word)...I just thought I could get rich off it and..(rambles too fast to understand her hands basically speaking for her)...I don't want to die, by Garl Glittergold (she grabs her own face) I do not want to be slaughtered in the streets!" She looks at you with tears in her eyes, "I never hurt any of them, I was kind to them, yes the chains were there, but that was just so they wouldn't run away or anything" she looks down, "I always dreamed of being a slaver, just because I saw how good they had it...I just...I just wanted some gold..." (She throws her hands in the air)
    She looks up at your face, tears are streaming down. "I never even liked it, I always felt bad, but this town (she gestures around), it makes you do things! Things that you don't want to do!!! Things that...oh shhhh-Garl! Oh GARL I AM GOING TO DIE! PLEASE DON'T!!!!" she crumbles to a heap on the dirty alley floor.

I kneel down and put a hand her shoulder.

"I see tat you 'ave been holdin' dis burden fer a while. I will not hurt you. What is yer name?"
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:02 pm

"Aye, no argument from me, let us go." I follow Shoshana looking for an opportunity out of the chaos.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Zylo - "My name?" Squeaks the little Gnome. "I am Banmila Elphina Elwyse Fensys! Banmila is my great great great grandmother's name, Elphina was a great gnomish leader who conquered our honeland, Elwyse was just pretty sp my parents picked it, and Fensys well thats my family name!" She smiles up at you, she is shaking a little from her fright. "I have to get out of here before my former slaves murder me, I don't fight, you see, I don't have very much muscle (she flexes her scrawny arm), so I don't think I would last long in any kind of fight. (She pulls a out a small blade) I only use this to cut my bread, never anyone else, I don't even know why I carry it, I can just rip bread."
    She starts rambling about her knife, nothing of import. She then looks up at you. "I need out of here".

Shoshana and Delrun - you both move out of the crowd with ease, none of them seemed concerned. You come to a safe spot away from the crowd's movement. Around you is a smith shop, an alchemist, and a tannery. There are half a dozen people walking around cautiously, none former slaves.
    Dook

Post by Dook on Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:11 pm

I feel her words are sincere and I look down to her. "Stay close to me and I will get you out of here. Do you have anywhere else to go, a safe place from here? If not follow me, I might know someone who can help" I say as I recollect the woman from before, remembering she went of toward the loud chanting.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:36 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana and Delrun - you both move out of the crowd with ease, none of them seemed concerned. You come to a safe spot away from the crowd's movement. Around you is a smith shop, an alchemist, and a tannery. There are half a dozen people walking around cautiously, none former slaves.

To those within earshot, Shoshana gives guidance: "Look to your homes and your family. This isn't over yet, and you should all prepare yourselves."

She then heads towards the tannery.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:52 am

Zylo - "I have my house, but that's not safe anymore, that's where all the slaves, I mean former slaves, are going, they are going to kill anyone that has been a slaver, and I told you that I owned some slaves, but I never hurt them, so why would they want to kill me? Well I guess the shackles are a reason, so I guess no, I don't have a SAFE place to go." The gnome woman rambles. "You know someone? Who? You don't look like you are from here." She points to your odd clothing. "How am I to trust you, sir? Other than you didn't kill me? Maybe you want to take me and rob me? Although I don't have much money, just a few coppers. You should be more careful about who you talk to in dark alleys, sir (she wags a finger at you). You could have been killed, say, whats your name anyways?

Shoshana - Your words reach the people, 3 of them nod in understanding and move along, the other three look at you. One man takes a few steps forward. "An' who the fak are ye' to be tellin meh what to do?" He is a burly man, his shirt is too small to cover his belly, his facial hair is scraggly, you see that he only has 4 fingers on his left hand. "I'll do what I want, miss!"
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:04 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana - Your words reach the people, 3 of them nod in understanding and move along, the other three look at you. One man takes a few steps forward. "An' who the fak are ye' to be tellin meh what to do?" He is a burly man, his shirt is too small to cover his belly, his facial hair is scraggly, you see that he only has 4 fingers on his left hand. "I'll do what I want, miss!"

"That you shall, brother, and if that ends with you endangering merely yourself then all may be well with the world. Good day." And she continues to the shop.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:37 am

Shoshana - You enter the shop, the smell of leather fills your senses. A wrinkled man stands up aiming a crossbow at you. "Ye here to buy somethin', miss? Or ye here to die?"
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sat Jul 07, 2018 9:53 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana - You enter the shop, the smell of leather fills your senses. A wrinkled man stands up aiming a crossbow at you. "Ye here to buy somethin', miss? Or ye here to die?"

"Calm yourself, brother, I am no vandal." (Persuasion +8 )

Last edited by Troyer on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dook

Post by Dook on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:43 am

[quote="Tolr'ax"]Zylo - "I have my house, but that's not safe anymore, that's where all the slaves, I mean former slaves, are going, they are going to kill anyone that has been a slaver, and I told you that I owned some slaves, but I never hurt them, so why would they want to kill me? Well I guess the shackles are a reason, so I guess no, I don't have a SAFE place to go." The gnome woman rambles. "You know someone? Who? You don't look like you are from here." She points to your odd clothing. "How am I to trust you, sir? Other than you didn't kill me? Maybe you want to take me and rob me? Although I don't have much money, just a few coppers. You should be more careful about who you talk to in dark alleys, sir (she wags a finger at you). You could have been killed, say, whats your name anyways?

"Meh name is Zylo. I am capable of taking care of mehself and I don' have any interest in yer money. Yeh don' have to trust meh and it seems yeh situation is the same whether yeh come with meh or not. So, what will it be?" I start walking away, towards the direction that woman went, using a gesture from my hand that indicates to her to follow.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:20 pm

Shoshana - The man lowers his weapon, "What are ye here for, friend? Armor? (he looks at your chain mail) Waterskins? A place to duck your head till this whole shite blows o'er?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:07 pm