Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+2
Dook
Troyer
6 posters

Green Dragon Inn

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Green Dragon Inn Empty Green Dragon Inn

Post by Troyer Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:32 pm

This should be your first stop on your adventures. Stop in for a pint, say hi, and introduce yourself.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Green Dragon Inn Empty Re: Green Dragon Inn

Post by Troyer Fri May 05, 2017 5:17 pm

Posted for the Barbarian, who doesn't understand civilized forums.

Tolr'ax wrote:I am Tolr'ax Skullcrusher of Clan Ogonth-Elanok. Goliath Barbarian Far Traveler.
    My hulking body is 7'10" tall and weigh in at 335lbs. I have ash-white skin and no hair on my head. I have tribal tattoos wrapping around my arms and chest. My dark brown eyes are remorseless. My arms and legs look like they were carved from the mountain with hands large enough to grab an average sized head and squeeze it in to a pulp. Scars mark my body from years of nomadic living in the mountains. My voice is deep and thunderous, but soothing in a way.

I left my position as Clan Leader to seek knowledge of the little silly people of this world to better my people's standing in the mountains.
    I know the little ones cast looks my way no matter where I go, some have challenged me, none have survived.

Anyone who decides to be part of my party must carry his or her own weight and do their part, or risk being culled.
    You're standing with me is determined by your actions I witness and the stories of your previous achievements you care to share.

I fight for my people in all things I do, and never back down from a challenge.

I care not for magic, it is an advantage over your true strength, use it if you must, but I will judge you to be weak.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun May 07, 2017 11:59 pm

Dook's the name and fighting is my game. Aasimar Pugilist Far Traveler. I stand at 6'9" tall and weigh 195lbs. I have long silver curls, short, trimmed beard and an almost alabaster looking skin color. My deep green inviting eyes sooth the heart of any mistress that cross my path. I have a sculpted body that some would say God-like. Healthy body does a man good.  My voice is soft and caring, alluring to any ear who catches me talking about my travels and experiences. I wear a white, open jacket, bearing a hood that covers my face to avoid unwanted confrontation. Leather black slacks that go down above the ankle. A necklace made from my father, given to my mother, lays around my neck. This is most precious to me.

Son of an Aamisor mother and a human Master monk who teaches his knowledge to those who seek it. Mother died at childbirth. Was always looked at as a disgrace for the Aasimar blood running through my veins. Within my clan, it was forbidden to mate with any outsiders but our own, but that can't stop what that heart wants, right? *Winks to audience*

Left my clan to prove to myself that I am more than what they said I was. Wandered from town to town joining fight clubs, surviving from the teachings of my father. The only coin I made were from the high bets place on my fights because of my foreign look. Everyone wanted to test the strength of the smug outsider.

I search for new challenges to test my strength on equal terms for honor. I'm very adventurous in more ways than one which gets me in trouble. I have an exquisite eye for exotic beauty and find myself distracted admiring these women.

I fight for a sense of self worth and will take on any who oppose my party. If it sounds interesting, count me in!

Last edited by Dook on Fri May 12, 2017 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon May 08, 2017 8:10 am

Dook wrote:Dook's the name and fighting is my game. Aasimar Pugilist Far Traveler.

Pugilist? Is that some unearthed arcana?
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon May 08, 2017 11:17 am

It is a homebrew class varient of a monk. I can send you all the stuff I have on the class.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon May 08, 2017 11:25 am

Dook wrote:It is a homebrew class varient of a monk. I can send you all the stuff I have on the class.

Oh, no homebrew. Can't trust any of it to be properly balanced. I'm not even accepting all Unearthed Arcana.

By the by, how'd you find this place? I set it up for some personal friends. Not that you aren't welcome!
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon May 08, 2017 11:29 am

Troyer wrote:
    Dook wrote:It is a homebrew class varient of a monk. I can send you all the stuff I have on the class.

Oh, no homebrew. Can't trust any of it to be properly balanced. I'm not even accepting all Unearthed Arcana.

By the by, how'd you find this place? I set it up for some personal friends. Not that you aren't welcome!

He is friend of Tolr'ax. Common name Jordan.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon May 08, 2017 11:34 am

Oh. The one I didn't expect to make a peep. Righto then. Damn, there are a bunch of us now.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon May 08, 2017 2:15 pm

Hello, I am Jamros Mageblood.
    I am a Half-Elf of average build, 5'9" tall and 180lbs. At 121 years old I am aged yet still move swiftly with each motion. My skin is light and healthy with few scars or blemishes. I have smooth blonde hair that is kept short and swept back, silver eyes that seem friendly but are constantly studying your every move. I voice is calm but firm with most as authority has no power with me.

I was born of an Elvish father and Human mother. Elron, my father, wanted nothing to do with me, I was simply born from an affair that lasted a few days before he left for his homeland. My mother, Mary, died when I was 20 years old. I left the town I was in and Joined a small village militia, making a name for myself as a Scout, learning how to wield small weapons and strike fast, moving along terrain with ease even in the harshest conditions.

I later made my living as a thief, and assassin on occasions when the money was worth it. I learned only to rely on myself and do only what is neccessary for survival.My friends have become few outside of my military company, my enemies are ever growing. I have gone wandering for challenges, to make my claims, and to perhaps find something worth fighting for again.

Help me or stay out of my way, I care not for leadership, and will do what is needed to reach my goal, so I hope you can keep up.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Green Dragon Inn Empty A'mryl the Drow

Post by A'mryl Mon May 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Greetings, I am A'mryl. I am a female Drow elf ranger of a fair age of 242. I care nothing for my family nor do I show compassion for my Drow kind. They have forsaken me and disgusted me with their backwards ways and Lolth worship. I'm petite, standing 4'11" and 75 pounds. My skin is charcole in color and my eyes are opalesant with very similar silvery white hair. My haughtiness is often misleading, I am genuinely a kind and curious soul. Though I am judged for being Drow, I try hard in proving I am not like the rest of them. However, I do struggle with feeling superior to most. I am a traveling with a dear friend, Olo the Bard and my trusted pet raven, Diaval. Let's be adventurous and discover, but please do not be condescending. My smugness will only get worse just to unnerve you. Oh and if you find any red berries I WANT I WANT I WANT!
    eiznof

Post by eiznof Tue May 09, 2017 8:41 am

Hey,
    I'm eiznof, tinkerer and meandering layabout. Im a wood elf standing 5' something. I have no family to speak of and my only worldly possessions are my tinker tools, my leather armor which I wear at all times draped over my shoulder, and a box that belonged to my parents which I've never been able.to open.
    I serve sune(goddess of light and beauty) and she guides some of my daily activities but that's really of no interest to you. If you need something made there may be a price, but it can usually be done.
    I'd prefer to spend my days sleeping till the sun is high, and also don't touch my hair.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 2:38 pm

eiznof wrote:Hey,
    I'm eiznof, tinkerer and meandering layabout.  Im a wood elf standing 5' something.  I have no family to speak of and my only worldly possessions are my tinker tools, my leather armor which I wear at all times draped over my shoulder, and a box that belonged to my parents which I've never been able.to open.
    I serve sune(goddess of light and beauty) and she guides some of my daily activities but that's really of no interest to you. If you need something made there may be a price, but it can usually be done.
    I'd prefer to spend my days sleeping till the sun is high, and also don't touch my hair.

Love the last line.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 2:40 pm

I'm gonna touch his hair.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri May 12, 2017 8:17 am

Hmm, you'd think our Bard would have more than enough to say. Never heard of a quiet bard before...

A'mryl, how's she doing with the website? Still problems on mobile and stuck to using desktop?
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Fri May 12, 2017 8:23 am

I believe she has just had a busy work schedule the past few days. (She did tell me last night that she took over 70 calls in 38 minutes so...)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri May 12, 2017 8:32 am

A'mryl wrote:I believe she has just had a busy work schedule the past few days. (She did tell me last night that she took over 70 calls in 38 minutes so...)

Sweet Lord of Light. That's ridonculous. Tell her no worries and no rush.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Fri May 12, 2017 8:34 am

Not an uncommon occurance in our workplace.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:39 am

Hey kiddos, so I have this idea, and it might address the lengthy wait times we have and potential loss of interest that is the deathknell of games.

Basically, there are 5 of you running the main campaign - Sands of the South. That means often you'll be waiting on other folks for a while. Which slows things down. A lot sometimes. - And yes, I know I'm a guilty party in this.

So I was considering running one or two smaller scenarios just to keep you guys busy while the main campaign waits on others to catch up. It would be new characters and new settings, not a full-fledged campaign, but just something fun to do.

Let me know what you think!
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:34 am

Troyer wrote:Hey kiddos, so I have this idea, and it might address the lengthy wait times we have and potential loss of interest that is the deathknell of games.

Basically, there are 5 of you running the main campaign - Sands of the South. That means often you'll be waiting on other folks for a while. Which slows things down. A lot sometimes. - And yes, I know I'm a guilty party in this.

So I was considering running one or two smaller scenarios just to keep you guys busy while the main campaign waits on others to catch up. It would be new characters and new settings, not a full-fledged campaign, but just something fun to do.

YES!!! Lets do this shit! I will be a farmer. A penguin farmer. I will farm Penguins. Not a Penguin that farms.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Troyer wrote:Hey kiddos, so I have this idea, and it might address the lengthy wait times we have and potential loss of interest that is the deathknell of games.

YES!!! Lets do this shit! I will be a farmer. A penguin farmer. I will farm Penguins. Not a Penguin that farms.

Awesome! I want to be a Xioalin warrior, a bald one, who can't speak English well and doesn't get slang at all. I have a pet baby dragon named mushu. Also, I don't like robots...
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:42 pm

Dook wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:

Awesome! I want to be a Xioalin warrior, a bald one, who can't speak English well and doesn't get slang at all. I have a pet baby dragon named mushu. Also, I don't like robots...

https://youtu.be/vgHLpkcG6xg?t=2m6s
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:10 am

Right, then. I've got a scenario in mind for you.

You're penguin farmers. You've got meat, blubber, skins, and bone with which to trade.

Go nuts.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:03 am

Troyer wrote:Right, then. I've got a scenario in mind for you.

You're penguin farmers. You've got meat, blubber, skins, and bone with which to trade.

Go nuts.

I construct a meat man. I love my meat man. I call him Steve. Steve doesn't talk much. I go to my penguin flock and lay down in the middle of them. I start talking about how much Steve means to me...my meat man. I look at Pengu the Penguin. I caress his face and say "Oh Pengu, when you grow older, I will harvest your meat and skin to repair Steve, my meat man". Pengu looks at me, a little tear rolls out of his penguin eye. He is honored. I get up and go to Steve. "Steve" I say, "You need to talk more". Steve just looks at me with his same ole expression.
    Not saying anything. "Steve, you cunt." I say. Ripping his head off and throwing it into the penguin pen. Pengu starts pecking at Steve's head. Then I go to the shed, lay down, and take a nap. I mudder "Fuck Steve and his dumb face...cunt"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:24 pm

Fuck. Steve.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:10 am

I walk up to my fellow penguin farmer and look at his disgruntled napping.. "Is this about Steve again? "

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:27 pm