Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:49 am

Torin pours the ale and grumbles to himself.

Owen sits with Zylo again and starts sipping the ale.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Feb 08, 2019 7:24 pm

I finish my ale off slowly too not get to out of mind.

"Ill see you soon Owen. We need to do this more while I am here. I am going to go visit this Harold character you spoke of."

I wave bye to Owen.

I leave the Tavern in hopes to seek out Harold.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:30 am

Zylo: As you stand up form your chair, Owen pipes up, "Mr. Zylo, I was actually thinking you might be able to help me. If you are interested, since you are new to the island, I figured you might need a bit of coin to further your search for the strange fellow you are looking for."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:34 am

My ears perk up and I turn to hear what Owen has to say.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:39 pm

After finally receiving my hefty beverage, I slowly walk over while sipping the head at the top of the large stein (quite a professional pour). I place myself down slowly at Owen's table - keened in to what he is about to say.

"Thanks for that, sir. You seem to be the owner of this establishment? What is your name?"

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Feb 09, 2019 4:28 pm

Ord: "You can call me Owen, Sir, I am the owner of this tavern. Apologize for my man at the bar, his information has a hefty price sometimes. What might I call you?"

Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:51 pm

"I understand. Business is business - no worries. My name is Ordrak, sir, but you can call me Ord."

I continue to sip my ale.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:51 am

I stand there....watching Owen talk to this dragon....waiting on him to tell me what he wanted to tell me.....

"Sooo....Dragon, you say your name is Ordrak?", I put out my hand," Zylo is meh name. Nice to meet you!"
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:09 am

He seems nicer than his outer appearance would let on. I shake his hand and reciprocate:

"Nice to meet you too, Zylo. Yes, Ordrak is my name but you can call me Ord."

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Feb 10, 2019 5:52 am

"Mr. Ordak -- excuse me, Ord, would you both be interested in doing some work for me as well? Zylo, lad, come sit back down. Don't be in such a rush." He stands up, "If eother of you are interested, come to my office for us to speak."
    Owen heads to his officen "Bring your ale if you want, Ord, I don't mind." He chuckles.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:08 pm

I grip the dragons hand.

A firm handshake...he could definitely be of help on my quest. I greet him in such.

"It is nice to meet ya Ord. You coming? Interested in what Owen has to offer?"

I follow Owen to his office.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:38 pm

I see this scruffy lad as possibly one of the comrades I've been looking for to aide me on my quest.

"Of course! Let's go!" As I bring my ale in tow.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:05 pm

"You drink hefty my friend. I think I found a new drinking buddy." I say admiring the giant ale Ord is heaving.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:39 pm

You both follow Owen into his office. Ord's size makes the small space seem even smaller. There are various knickknacks sitting around on shelves. A few maps pinned to the wall. Several books and baubles scattered on the modest desk. Owen seats himself on the plush chair behind the desk. He looks at the two of you and smiles. "Shut the door would you, Ord." he pulls open a drawer and brings out a scrap of paper. "I have here a description of a man." He looks at it. "I need this man to come to this tavern and sell me his drink..." He closes his eyes and leans back in his chair. "It is created by the Zealots in the Southeast. He is the only merchant that can get it, Gods know how."

Owen sighs. "I hear he is in the east part of the city at the more...costly establishments. I want you two to find him and bring him here...unharmed." He scoots the paper to the edge of the desk. "I'll give you each 50 gold along with anyone in your team, assuming you have a team. This man, will be in the city for a week. so you have until then to get him to me."

I want you to meet with one of my associates in the eastern market. His name is Ragnar. Giant fellow, a Goliath. Strong as an elephant. He should have more information on the whereabouts of this man."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:48 pm

"Well....you did treat me to a good time and I got nothing better to do...so this might be beneficial to me in ways undiscovered. I will gladly do my best to bring this "man". Could you perhaps, name said man to help with endevor or will this giant have all the information we need?"

"Also....this drink he has that you want so dearly....how good is it?"

I ask with extreme curiosity...
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:00 am

I think that this is a huge amount of gold that could be very useful with the inclusion of 2 possible party members.

"That's very generous! We would both be delighted in helping you sir, a man of great hospitality. Is there anything else we should know about this Goliath named Ragnar - a descriptor of such, just in case he's not the only Goliath?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:06 am

"I don't know the man's name. All I have is this description. If he isn't the only Goliath, then that would be an issue. He is 8' tall. So you should be able to spot him in a crowd. He has a great axe that he carries with him everywhere."
    Owen sighs. "As to the drink, I have only had a small glass at an acquaintance's home. It is heavenly. Sweet like wine, smooth as it goes down. Then hits you hard. I could sell a cup for a gold!"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:02 am

"Alright, I agree to your request, but under one more condition on my end. WHEN we make this happen and you get this heavenly drink, I want 5 cups.....that size." I point to the size of Ords giant ale mug. "With you and this big guy of course to commemorate a job well done. What do you say?"

I put out my hand to make the deal.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:28 pm

"That's a fair point. That did cross my mind but I just wanted to make sure. It's a deal! That drink does sound nice too..."

I place my hand out to Owen to confirm the verbal agreement.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:24 pm

"When he sells to me, you can drink here for free." Owen smiles a devilish smile. "Off you go now", he waves you out of his office.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Feb 11, 2019 11:27 pm

"SCORE!!!!" I say as I walk out.

"Hey Ord, lets go find this giant being. 8 ft tall...that is too tall for me. I mean why would you want to be that tall...I know some people can not help it but still...maybe size does matter..." I drift off into my own thoughts as I walk out of the tavern.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:24 am

"Thank you kindly, sir."

As we walk out of Owen's office: "In man's world you learn to make due being wide as well..." I move out of the doorway sideways.
    "One more drink before we head out?" I ask Zylo gesturing towards my giant empty ale-stein.

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:23 am

Owen sticks his head out of his office and flails his arm around, the scrap of paper in his hand. "don't you gents need this?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:27 am

"Aye, but I will have to drink a little softer than you though", Gesturing to my size and frame compared to his.

"I need to sober up, you I'm sure could drink two more of those and be still raring to go. When we have some down time, I'll try to find your limit."

I look at the flailing arm of Owen. "oh..", I take the sheet of paper", what is this again?"

Looking at the paper dumbfound-like.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:59 pm

The paper reads "Human black hair, medium length, silver necklace with square pendant - always on, light grey eyes - spooky, dresses lower than his station, dark clothing."

You realize that this is the description of the man you are looking for.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:57 am