Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff


    Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

    Posts : 672
    Join date : 2017-04-12

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Troyer on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:34 pm

    Tolr'ax wrote:I check to see if the bug poop is flammable.

    It is not. It is a strange grainy texture, and mixed with the dust of this place, there's not much use for it. At least out here in the large cathedral. Higher concentrations of it might be more suitable. Who knows.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

    Posts : 908
    Join date : 2017-04-25

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:37 pm

    I look around for any usable material to burn.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

    Posts : 672
    Join date : 2017-04-12

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Troyer on Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:39 pm

    Tolr'ax wrote:I look around for any usable material to burn.

    You find dust, rotten leather, and disintegrating wooden weapon hafts. This room is stone and more stone, and little else.
    Olo
    Olo

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Olo on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:10 pm

    "A'mryl, this statue, it reminds me of tale I've heard in my travels" shakes my head "there will be time for tales later however. We should scout the other tunnels while we await Jamros" I will walk toward Tolr'ax "we are going to check these other tunnels, someone should wait here for Jamros' return"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-04-14

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by A'mryl on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:15 pm

    "Agreed, Olo." *I peer down the corridor closest to the statue alcove* (I think thats the one I haven't looked at yet)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

    Posts : 908
    Join date : 2017-04-25

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:19 pm

    "Young One and I will wait here" I look to Taryn and smile. "Do you know how to make a fire?" I walk over to the ancient pieces of wood from the weapons. I take any spear heads or salvageable pieces of the weapons and put them in my pack. "Always take useful things like these. Even if they are old, they still come in handy. I look at the Sword-Axe Taryn had picked up. "Do you know how to use that weapon?"
    Dook
    Dook

    Posts : 612
    Join date : 2017-05-07

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Dook on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:22 pm

    I walk towards to where everyone is with Tolr'ax and hear what Olo says," I can wait for Jamros, I also have Darkvision and can tell when he comes close."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

    Posts : 473
    Join date : 2017-05-02

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Jamros Mageblood on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:25 pm

    I contemplate my options of going ahead, deciding not to go too far ahead I think, Looks like this may be our best bet, at least not much can follow us through here..perhaps Tolr'ax could break down this debris. I then sneak past the beetle again and make my way back towards the entrance room to tell the others what I have found.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

    Posts : 908
    Join date : 2017-04-25

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:28 pm

    Dook wrote:" I can wait for Jamros, I also have Darkvision and can tell when he comes close."

    "If you can spot the sneaky bastard! HAHA! He molds into the darkness well, he has his uses."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

    Posts : 672
    Join date : 2017-04-12

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Troyer on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:48 pm

    A'mryl wrote:"Agreed, Olo." *I peer down the corridor closest to the statue alcove* (I think thats the one I haven't looked at yet)

    Jamros went that way. You and Olo previously looked down, but did not investigate, the tunnel a little farther west. Would you like to return to that tunnel and properly investigate?

    Tolr'ax wrote:"Young One and I will wait here" I look to Taryn and smile. "Do you know how to make a fire?" I walk over to the ancient pieces of wood from the weapons. I take any spear heads or salvageable pieces of the weapons and put them in my pack. "Always take useful things like these. Even if they are old, they still come in handy. I look at the Sword-Axe Taryn had picked up. "Do you know how to use that weapon?"

    "Uh. Yeah. I can make a fire." He pointedly doesn't answer the question about the axe-sword-thingy, but does sort of awkwardly swing it around a little. That should be answer enough.

    Jamros Mageblood wrote:I contemplate my options of going ahead, deciding not to go too far ahead I think, Looks like this may be our best bet, at least not much can follow us through here..perhaps Tolr'ax could break down this debris. I then sneak past the beetle again and make my way back towards the entrance room to tell the others what I have found.

    On your return trip, there's rustling nearby, and you see the monstrous beetle has moved into the larger room with you. It sees you. And it doesn't like you. It has a multitude of tiny beetles crawling all over it. You've apparently gotten too close to the hatchery...

    It squawks at you. And all of the other Lantern Beetles chirp back.

    Then they begin flickering.

    Flashing.

    Pulsing.

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Tumblr_m6b9u1yNI31qayiwuo1_500
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

    Posts : 908
    Join date : 2017-04-25

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:56 pm

    "You might do better with your dagger for a while. Just stick them with the pointy end." I smile. "But practice with the larger weapon, you will grow strong and be able to take a head off with one swing!"

    I pull out my greatsword

    "Maybe one day you will be able to use one like this"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

    Posts : 908
    Join date : 2017-04-25

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:58 pm

    I take note of the bugs flashing.

    "Something is VERY wrong."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

    Posts : 473
    Join date : 2017-05-02

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Jamros Mageblood on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:21 pm

    "Oh piss...." I say to myself. "Everyone up here! We've got another problem!" Backing up slowly, I draw my dagger, and take an evasive position.
    Dook
    Dook

    Posts : 612
    Join date : 2017-05-07

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Dook on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:28 pm

    I hear Jamros call and rush towards the rave and think to myself I will redeem myself if luck serves me well. Fists clinched and running, I yearn for the fight to come.
    Olo
    Olo

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2017-05-06

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Olo on Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:38 pm

    I will abandon our search and also begin running to the hallway I know Jamros went down
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

    Posts : 908
    Join date : 2017-04-25

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:16 pm

    I draw my sword. "Come young one. We must go save Pocket Patter" I look around at the bugs, "At least it wasn't me this time"

    I head towards Jamros
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-04-14

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by A'mryl on Thu Jun 08, 2017 7:24 pm

    I run towards Jamros, bow and arrow drawn*
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

    Posts : 672
    Join date : 2017-04-12

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Troyer on Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:48 am

    Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Oh piss...." I say to myself. "Everyone up here! We've got another problem!" Backing up slowly, I draw my dagger, and take an evasive position.

    It squawks at you again, repeatedly, tossing its head and edging closer. With each squawk, the lantern lights flash more violently.

    Dook wrote:I hear Jamros call and rush towards the rave and think to myself I will redeem myself if luck serves me well. Fists clinched and running, I yearn for the fight to come.

    Olo wrote:I will abandon our search and also begin running to the hallway I know Jamros went down

    Tolr'ax wrote:I draw my sword. "Come young one. We must go save Pocket Patter" I look around at the bugs, "At least it wasn't me this time"

    A'mryl wrote:I run towards Jamros, bow and arrow drawn*

    The rave is all around you. Literally. The cathedral is bathed in a light show to make the Gods weep, the lantern colors shifting and pulsing. The tunnels through which Jamros disappeared are veritable liquid sunlight, so concentrated are the lantern bug numbers.

    Your eyesight is compromised - especially Tolr'ax - and you proceed half-blind in the jarring light display.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

    Posts : 473
    Join date : 2017-05-02

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Jamros Mageblood on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:53 am

    I put my dagger away and quickly turn to crawl into the tunnel, knowing that fighting the mother bug is dangerous with it's constant blinding light.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

    Posts : 155
    Join date : 2017-04-14

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by A'mryl on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:56 am

    Unable to see from the blinding flash of the bugs, I put away my bow and arrow.
    Dook
    Dook

    Posts : 612
    Join date : 2017-05-07

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Dook on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:58 am

    "MY EYES!! Its like starring into the sun!"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

    Posts : 473
    Join date : 2017-05-02

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Jamros Mageblood on Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:59 am

    "Everyone, if you can hear me be cautious! It's the beetle mother, she's big and angry, but I may have a way out!"
    Dook
    Dook

    Posts : 612
    Join date : 2017-05-07

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Dook on Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:45 am

    Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Everyone, if you can hear me be cautious! It's the beetle mother, she's big and angry, but I may have a way out!"

    "Grear cause I feel fighting in these conditions can be disvantagous"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

    Posts : 908
    Join date : 2017-04-25

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Tolr'ax on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:20 pm

    I forge ahead, saying nothing. My arm up trying to shield my eyes from the lights. Punching at the small lantern bug as I go by.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

    Posts : 672
    Join date : 2017-04-12

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Troyer on Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:58 pm

    Jamros Mageblood wrote:I put my dagger away and quickly turn to crawl into the tunnel, knowing that fighting the mother bug is dangerous with it's constant blinding light.

    You squeeze in and promptly find yourself contorted uncomfortably. But hey, you're oozing slowly between the rocks and rubble, and staying away from the Queen Beetle back there. There are a couple of beetles nearby and their flashing has your eyes unable to adjust in the sudden-dark-sudden-light of your new little tunnel home. You can't discern crap. Good luck out there on your own!

    Dook wrote:"MY EYES!! Its like starring into the sun!"

    Why, yes! Yes, it is!

    A'mryl wrote:Unable to see from the blinding flash of the bugs, I put away my bow and arrow.

    Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Everyone, if you can hear me be cautious! It's the beetle mother, she's big and angry, but I may have a way out!"

    Dook wrote:"Great cause I feel fighting in these conditions can be disvantagous"

    Tolr'ax wrote:I forge ahead, saying nothing. My arm up trying to shield my eyes from the lights. Punching at the small lantern bug as I go by.

    And just like that, you're all batshit lost, bumping into one another, walls, piles of rubbish, and whatnot. Well, crap! Now what?!

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Buggsi10

    Sponsored content

    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Jul 20, 2019 11:01 am