Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Troyer
    Admin

Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Troyer on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:18 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I want to take them all.

You're now walking around with several spears. Your collection of junk is growing cumbersome and awkward to carry.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:33 pm

I drop all but one spear. I look at Eiznof who seems to have one in his hands (I cant tell since its dark). I pick my torch back up and explore the room a bit, getting the lay of the land.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:16 am

To the left, from which the Antfolk came, is a tunnel into a larger chamber beyond. You can just make out some natural light coming from somewhere on/near the surface.

To the right, as you step farther into the room, you can see down the tunnel to your right from where you heard the water. You see a pool there, also showing a little natural light from above, wherever the water is coming from.

Before you is a large chamber, deep into the darkness. Down that way you can just make out yet more offshoots from the room, their tunnel entrances bathed in shadow.

Just to the right of the tunnel from which you came is another winding pathway leading upwards. There is natural light there, and smells of water and greenery.

Eiznof picks up the ninja star thingy thrown at him, mutters something about Dook, and then looks at you bleeding. "We should take a rest, sir. You don't look so good. Maybe we should head back, look for the others and regroup?"
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:35 am

"That is a good idea. While Tolr'ax could face this wretched place himself, he does want to rest...for a long while. Maybe the others have found Pocket Patter.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:37 am

Tolr'ax wrote:"That is a good idea. While Tolr'ax could face this wretched place himself, he does want to rest...for a long while. Maybe the others have found Pocket Patter.

Eiznof leads you back to the Cathedral. Take a nap.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:41 am

I pull out my bed roll and take a little nappy poo. I chew on one of the tubers and drink a bit of water before I fall asleep.
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:52 pm

I look to the others, "When you are ready, follow after us and let's do this. Kip, you and I can prepare the area ahead, show us to the SkyWays." I walk with the Kobold towards the exit.
    Olo

Post by Olo on Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:14 am

I will follow. "We must find the others. We are stronger as one"
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:09 pm

*to my companions* "Let's get on our way, then."
    Dook

Post by Dook on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:14 pm

To my eager friends. "Tally-ho!" I say in a passive tune.
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:37 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I look to the others, "When you are ready, follow after us and let's do this. Kip, you and I can prepare the area ahead, show us to the SkyWays." I walk with the Kobold towards the exit.

Olo wrote:I will follow. "We must find the others. We are stronger as one"

A'mryl wrote:*to my companions* "Let's get on our way, then."

Dook wrote:To my eager friends. "Tally-ho!" I say in a passive tune.

Abraxes takes you through to the other side of the chamber. Inset into the wall here is another tunnel, but at staggered intervals throughout are barricades, reinforced with bronze pikes and bronze studded plates. They face the direction you are walking. The lighting doesn't penetrate too much from the well-lit larger chamber behind you, but up ahead there is a room - a gatehouse as you near it - occupied by a couple of Kobolds, and lit from several torches around the room. It's about 10 feet by 20 feet, and leads only one way - into another chamber with a huge bronze portcullis. The grounds around the gate and beyond have been littered with all manner of debris. And waste. Abraxes looks somewhat abashed.

"We do what we can, but this is our only real option for dumping rubbish. I apologize for the smell." He leads you around the edge of the room to a smaller doorway - a sally gate for those who know of such things - and the two Kobold guards came forward to fight against the various bolts and chains and reinforcements of the door. "We have not had need of the SkyWays for some time... and while the gate and the rubbish are deterrents, we don't want to make a small entrance welcoming to any wandering, ah... curiosities." He smirks oddly in the darkness. "You came through a magical gateway to enter our city, yes? We never had need of them inside our cities. Now we've lost the knowledge of how to create them. Ironic, no? So we've had to make do with this."

Once the door is wretched open - with a shrill screech of metal long dormant - Abraxas stands clear. The far side of the gate is similar to this side, though with far less rubbish. The pathway angles upwards. "This used to be little more than a freight hallway from the upper levels. You'll have no light for some time, I'm afraid, unless you can make your own. If memory serves, you'll reach the surface plaza in just a few minutes, really. Or... if you face no opposition. Good luck."

The Kobold Kip shrugs and grunts, then scampers ahead. You almost instantly lose sight of him in the dark as he seems to become one with the shadows. A voice barks out, "Don't just stand there, come on!"
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:34 am

Tolr'ax wakes up from his very long nap. Feeling refreshed and healed and happy as a clam.

*Yawns* Collecting his things, he looks to Eiznof, "Lets go explore some more" We head back down to the room where the Thri-Kreen attacked and explore it in full, inspecting all the nooks and crannies.
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:48 pm

"Well you heard him, lets get going." I follow Kip into the shadows and stay hidden while keeping up with the thug.
    Olo

Post by Olo on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:41 pm

Before we leave I would like to inquire to Abraxas as to why everything is done in bronze and whether it holds some significance to them
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl on Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:47 pm

*I cast dancing lights and hesitate as Olo questions Abraxas*
    Dook

Post by Dook on Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:29 pm

I stop between A'mryl and Jamros to listen for the answer Ambraxes gives. Head faced towards the quick kobold who vanished in the the darkened path. I think to myself that I'm lucky to be able to see in the dark, thinking about how our Goliath friend is doing. . . I miss his goliath shinannigans
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:21 am

By some mystic phenomenon I feel like the monk is thinking about me. I say to myself "Haha, Air Kicker"
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:31 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Well you heard him, lets get going." I follow Kip into the shadows and stay hidden while keeping up with the thug.

Olo wrote:Before we leave I would like to inquire to Abraxas as to why everything is done in bronze and whether it holds some significance to them

A'mryl wrote:*I cast dancing lights and hesitate as Olo questions Abraxas*

Dook wrote:I stop between A'mryl and Jamros to listen for the answer Ambraxes gives. Head faced towards the quick kobold who vanished in the the darkened path. I think to myself that I'm lucky to be able to see in the dark, thinking about how our Goliath friend is doing. . . I miss his goliath shinannigans

JAMROS, OLO, A'MRYL, DOOK & KIP
    Abraxes stares at you for several seconds of silence, then slightly shakes his head with creased brow. "I... don't understand the question. It is the most serviceable metal. There's only so much one can do with stone." He seems puzzled by the question.

Tolr'ax wrote:Tolr'ax wakes up from his very long nap. Feeling refreshed and healed and happy as a clam.

*Yawns* Collecting his things, he looks to Eiznof, "Lets go explore some more" We head back down to the room where the Thri-Kreen attacked and explore it in full, inspecting all the nooks and crannies.

TOLR'AX & EIZNOF
    Well... there's the corridor from which the TK came, there's the continued dark tunnel running ever eastward, and then there's the shafts to the south, one spiraling right around the corner from which you enter.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:55 am

Did I notice anything different about the crumbly wall when I walked by it?
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:42 pm

No. It is still mildly crumbly.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax on Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:37 pm

I want to give it a punch as I go by and say "Stupid crumble wall" and then I want to go where the TK came from. I tell Eiznof "Maybe this will lead to the surface. The others are probably dead, we should move on and try to find a city if there is one on this gods-forsaken place."
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood on Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:41 am

As I wait ahead for the others I too think of the goliath..he sure does love pickles I think to myself. This reminds me of an old friend I once had, name was Rick, ate so many of those sour treats we joked he would turn into one.  "Pickle Rick!" we would call him. I sure do miss the crazy bastard. My focus goes back to the path and I continue forth.
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl on Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:45 am

*to my companions* "Perhaps we should press on, maybe we will find the goliath on our way..." (I'm struggling with the decision to press on or asking Kip to guide us to the goliath and elf, my inner struggle is visible on my face)
    Dook

Post by Dook on Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:59 pm

" Yes, lets move on. I'm sure the Goliath is ok. That arse is too stubborn to die on us and I'm sure he will show up foolishly some how. Plus, the elf is protecting him if he does something idiotic." I follow into the darkness after Kip.
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Yesterday at 9:14 am

As I am 'splorin I practice my sword swingin'
    I hum a little tune as I am swing swongin" my sword.
    It goes a little like "just swingin' my sword around waitin' to find something neat to look at or kill" but no words, just hums.
    As I walk I kick up the dusty ground and ask Eiznof, "I wonder why the ones who used to live here abandoned it. This place has not been touched in a very long time, look around, the only signs of life are where we have walked around and fought. It is eerie that NOTHING has been in here. Either there is something dark going on here, or all the creatures that inhabit this damned place fly....I don't trust flying things."......I look at Eiznof who is just following with a blank stare, occasionally coming his hair and doing a weird gesture with his hands (finger guns...but Tolr'ax doesnt know about guns).
    "You are a strange one....your magic makes you strong....I don't believe that magic is a fair tool in a battle of strength." I flex my bicep. "True strength is what should determine leadership. But, I have been traveling trying to change my people's views on this....to reach the far corners of the world and find a way for my people to thrive, not just survive." I glance back at Eiznof, who looks as though he has not been listening at all. "You are a good ear to bend...you don't talk to much. You might be the best companion I have ever had." I smile at Eiznof and start swingin' my sword in the air again, practicing loping off heads.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:35 am