Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:59 am

*cantrip dancing lights and cast hunters mark on naked glowing elf chick, shoot an arrow*
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:08 pm

A'mryl wrote:*cantrip dancing lights and cast hunters mark on naked glowing elf chick, shoot an arrow*

Cast Cantrip.
    Cast Hunter's Mark.
    Shoot Arrow.

That's 3 Actions.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:11 pm

(Gera has 3 tests coming up, use those 3 as needed)
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:50 pm

My imagination ran wild with bloodlust of slaughtering the witch, but that will have to come after these overgrown lizards. I look at Tolr'ax, "The enemy can use the environment to their advantage, maybe we could too."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:18 pm

I put my sights on K3 and go to throw him into the boiling lake. I then use my cunning action to disengage, and prepare for the next attack.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:20 pm

*With my actions above, I direct to R1*
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:12 pm

ROUND 1 - FIGHT

A'mryl 26/26 - Casts Dancing Lights. The cavern immediately brightens. Everyone can now see clearly.

Dook 29/29 - Attacks Raptor #1. Hits and Hits, final swing misses. The Raptor takes 9 Damage.

Kip 24/24 - Runs up alongside Dook and Cheap Shots the Raptor. Crit Fails, barely avoiding a vicious talon.

Raptor #2 - Lunges at Kip, striking with its own claws. They puncture deep. Kip takes 8 damage and staggers.

Olo 27/27 - *Bardic Inspiration* on Jamros.

Raptor #1 - Bites at Dook. Misses.

Ooze - *Oozes* all over Tolr'ax. Tolr'ax takes 2 Bludgeoning Damage, 6 Poison Damage (8 total).

Fang Witch - Casts Sleep on Olo. Fails Wisdom save. Olo is now asleep.

Raptor #3 - Charges Jamros with teeth barred. Jamros takes 6 damage.

Jamros 23/23 - Attempted Push... Barely Successful. The Raptor hisses as it plunges over the side into the boiling waters below.

Eiznof 22/22 - Casts Silence on the Witch. She can no longer casts spells with a verbal component. The spell affects a 20 foot area.

Tolr'ax 23/34 - Raging! Strikes Ooze. The blow lands easily, but the Ooze is resilient and merely closes around the blade. When you pull it clear, it has pits and etching in the blade. -1 to Greatsword. Being encumbered in this way, you are effectively Grappled. See PHB for details on movement and effects.

ROUND 2 - FIGHT

A'mryl 26/26 - (will be casting Hunter's Mark)

Dook 29/29 -

Kip 24/24 -

Raptor #2 -

Olo 27/27 - SLEEP!

Raptor #1 -

Ooze -

Fang Witch - Silenced.

Raptor #3 - Boiled.

Jamros 23/23 -

Eiznof 22/22 -

Tolr'ax 31/34 - Raging! Grappled.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:43 pm

I look at my sword...again tarnished. My rage intensifies and I scream at my ancestor "HELP GET THIS THING OFF OF ME!" * Using bonus action to Ooze now has disadvantage on attack rolls against any target but me* My specral ancestor starts kicking dirt up at the ooze, sort of distracting it. I stare at him..."clearly you have not fought in a while" I drop my sword away from the ooze, and I rain down fists upon it. (I just punch once for this turn since I used my bonus action to designate a target for my ancestor).
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:29 pm

They are not as quick as I have anticipated but their hide is nothing to joke about. I throw another hit at Raptor 1 and follow through with the momentum of the punch to give my roundhouse kick a fierce impact.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:43 pm

"Well I've got dinner cooking for us." I then take my new opening and draw an arrow with my bow, and fire it at the witch. Then using my cunning action I dash towards her to get closer with a bronze dagger in hand.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:48 pm

[quote="Troyer"]ROUND 2 - FIGHT

A'mryl 26/26 - Casts Hunter's Mark on the Witch. On future attacks A'mryl deals extra 1d6 damage against creature.

Dook 29/29 - Punch lands, roundhouse not so much. Raptor takes 6 damage.

Kip 16/24 - COWER! Kip drops to his knees with a host of squeaks and screeches. The Raptors are hopelessly distracted by this. Kip's allies gain Advantage on all attacks against enemies within 10 feet of Kip.

Raptor #2 - Attacks nearby Jamros. Misses.

Olo 27/27 - Asleep!

Raptor #1 (-15) - Attacks Dook with savage teeth. Dook takes 7 damage.

Ooze (-Cool - More Dissolving Action! Tolr'ax takes 2 bludgeoning damage, and 4 necrotic damage.

Fang Witch - Silenced! The Nude Elf rushes forwards, some pointy fist weapons pulled from... somewhere and attacks Jamros. The spikey fists hurt like a bitch. Jamros takes 8 damage.

Raptor #3 - Boiled!

Jamros 9/23 - The Witch is up in yo face, so no room for a bow. Instead you strike out at her with the Dagger. You land a critical blow! The Witch takes 9 damage.

Eiznof 22/22 - Rushes up alongside Jamros, casting Cure Wounds. Jamros is healed for 8 damage. As bonus action, Eiznof casts Spiritual Weapon - an ethereal sword appears behind Raptor#2 and the Witch. The sword whips out and strikes the Raptor for 9 damage.

Tolr'ax 23/34 - Raging! Grappled. You strike the Ooze. Critical! It takes 7 damage.

ROUND 3 - FIGHT

A'mryl 26/26 - (will be shooting the Witch)

Dook 22/29 -

Kip 16/24 -

Raptor #2 (-9) -

Olo 27/27 - Asleep!

Raptor #1 (-15) -

Ooze (-15) -

Fang Witch (-9) -

Raptor #3 - Boiled!

Jamros 17/23 -

Eiznof 22/22 -

Tolr'ax 17/34 - Raging! Grappled.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:10 am

I try to pull free of the ooze. My ancestor still kicking dirt on the ooze.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Oct 06, 2017 3:02 pm

"My what big teeth you have." I keep focused on the Raptor who bit me. I hit its stupid face and follow with a spin to hit the Raptor with full force of my elbow.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:30 am

I wait for my opening and slash at the naked witch with my dagger again.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:13 pm

(As time has obviously stood still in the moment of combat, I stare down at the ooze, corroding my foot and think to myself, this damn think is a pain, I am going to kill it dead. and then I am going to scoop it up and throw it in the boiling water over there and make some ooze soup with raptor chunks. Speaking of Raptors, I would love to have a pet Raptor, it would be a great addition to our team. In the timeless moment I imagine myself riding on a giant raptor -basically a T-Rex- and headed into a battle against the Orcs that harm my family back home. What a triumphant victory we would have.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:11 am