Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:26 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:We load up the meat and the containers of blubber. "We are all cursed upon this island with the Lords in a feud. Bryan, quit with that shite. You know how Roffram is when you start talkin' of the Old Ones."

I finish loading the supplies. And calculate up the cost [To DM, you can determine how much penguin meat and blubber costs]

"Well, I wish you well on your journey back, Roffram, we'll send a wagon to the mine in a fortnight with another order if you'd like."

Comes to 84 gold pieces for the meat, and additional 12 for the blubber. 96 total - that's including the preferred customer bulk discount.
    It also basically wipes out your stores of meat, though you still have many casks of blubber, and your hides are plentiful, as are your bone stocks.

Roffram pays and merely mumbles about hopefully not needing another order sooner.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"I don't like the idea of people stealing from our customers, good as it may be for business. Any idea where these bandits ran off to with your food? I'd be inclined to pay them a visit, and "persuade" them not to show their faces again." I grin, fiddling with my lucky silver coin. It is strung on a small chain wrapped around my wrist; this also happens to be my arcane focus.

"Bandits or no, I'm not going to tangle with the Lords and their games. Talley's men, though..." he pushes back his hat somewhat and looks off into the distance, not really *at* anything. "Being that they bothered to take from us, I'd say they're either sending a message and skulked back into the Wood, OR they've taken it to fuel their own supplies heading north against Worral's lands. Course, why Talley bites the hands that feed his mines, I'll never understand. As I said, I don't get on with their games none." And with that he pulled his horses around and left with a wave of his hand.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:43 pm

"I like Roffram's thinkin'. As long as it doesn't bother us here, we have no reason to pursue the men. Now, we have much work to do! Roffram took most of our stores. Get yer arses to work. The penguins need feeding, the eggs should be hatchin' soon....and don't forget the shite in the barn."
    I head over to the barn to start feeding the penguins.

[To DM: do we have a farmhand NPC? Someone that can kinda take care of the day to day stuff if we choose to go on a supply run or other short term journey?]
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:50 pm

"I'll tend to the eggs. For some reason, they trust me with them. Send Bryan to clean the shite in the barn. The smell of prostitution and shame doesn't sit too well for meh."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:27 am

I holler out to the other guys, "I think its time that we hire a farmhand to help us out. We have been doing a good deal of business, and if we are going to start going out fishing, or if we need to travel to make a supply run."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:12 pm

"Well I don't suppose you have any ideas on where to find one close by? Perhaps someone from Pegrenfyfe? Or Roffram might spare us a mine worker."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:56 pm

"Or we can just hire one of your shameful lady friends....or men, Bryan" I say with a bellow of a laugh.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:14 pm

"We could go to Sweetwater Run and hire someone. We would have the best chance there...and we can take a wagon of blubber and pelts to sell as well. But someone would have to stay behind and tend to the flock."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:49 pm

"I vote the socio stays. Bryan doesn't really do well with people. When we do go though, we need to prepare for the worst. With this damn feud, it might be best for all of us to go. Pengu took out the last bloke who trifled on our farm. So it could be fine."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:31 pm

"Do watch your tongue Zorra, I would hate to make you grovel in pengu refuse. I have no argument with staying except you may need a better diplomat. Someone who can really get in the enemy's head." I say as I twirl my coin around.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:37 pm

"Ahhhhh, don't get your knickers in a knot. It's all good and fun my friend," I send a wink his way. "But I digress, you are not wrong. We should all go. All our skills maybe useful in this piss of a time. Oh look, at meh, I'm Talley, let meh show off how much of a cock I am. Pfft rubbish."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Making fart noises and a wanking motion, I make an illusion of Talley picking his nose and looking stupid.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:55 pm

I clap and laugh at his shenanigans. "What a wanker. This other guy, Worrell?? What do we know of this other count?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:00 pm

"It's a little under 30 miles to either Sweetwater or Pegrenfyfe, gunna take a couple of days at least to get there and back. Can't leave the 'guins to themselves for that long. We can take the wagon and fill it with our goods and then sell it in town, find a farmhand, gather up some other supplies, and then head back. I would say max 3 days, barrin' any troubles."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:07 pm

"An' Worrell? He's a cunt just like Talley, both of 'em been fuckin' 'round for years, their families have been in charge for so long no one can really say why they hate each other, besides they both wan' ta control the island." I growl. "They got too much coin in the coffers to know what to do with, so they spend it on soldiers to fight each other. Just like all the rich folks do when they get bored, use the small folk to make war, givin' their lives for a "noble cause" *I use air quotes as I say it*." I spit on the ground. "I'd like to see what they would do without the vast amounts of gold."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:10 pm

"Be easier if they somehow died. Wouldn't that be fun, eh?" I shake me head as I make my way to load the wagon for our trip.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:24 pm

"Aye, but then someone worse could take power. They aren't too bad. Every couple years they get bored and want to start warrin'. Better than slaughterin' the small folk for fun. Cuttin' off fingers an' such. Heard of one bloke got his cock n' balls cut off, as well as some fingers and toes." I ponder to myself for a bit. "Eh, I'm sure Pengu can take care of any intruders if we leave. Let's load up the cart and head to Pegrenfyfe. It will be the easiest travel, and less likely to run into any of Talley's boys."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:00 pm

"Aye, two against one. Pegrenfyfe it is. If anyone gives us trouble, they die. End of story. Any dispute?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:15 pm

"Let's make haste then boys, I've been gettin bored here anyways!" I pack my supplies and hop in the wagon.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:16 pm

"No dispute from me. This farm is my life. I'm not about to give up anything. I'll give them an arrow to the eye if they try to take our supplies."

I set enough food out for the penguins to eat for the next few days and lock everything up tight.
    The boys and I gather up our stocks and load them into the wagon and get our horses ready.
    I gather up 200 gp from the farm's stash (for supplies and what not for our stay in town) and hide it in the wagon's secret compartment. "No one will find it here."
    "Lets go boys"

We set out to Pegrenfyfe!!!! Our Journey begins!!!
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:19 pm

[DM] We are ready for traveling!
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:50 pm

"Tally-hoooo!"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:08 pm

Jolly good.
    You make good time. The miles pass easily, the roads still good this time of year.
    It is uneventful. There are no signs of The current political drama along the road.
    The sky taunts you from behind a veil of grey, yet never quite letting go of whatever she horses there.

You arrive in the mid afternoon. The sun is low in the sky (you are very far north, and it's closing on winter) when the town comes into view. For several miles you have passed fields of corn, gourds, and other such crops.

The town itself sits upon a cluster of low-lying hills. A community of a few thousand souls. It's a nice, quaint little place.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:46 pm

"A nice view and a sweet breath of fresh air. The ride wasn't as long as we expected but I can't wait to jump off and stretch my wings" as I take a few puffs of my pipe.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:00 am

"Ah, Pegrenfyfe, I'm goin' to head to the marlet and see if I can sell off these goods. You two can search for a good farm hand. Might wanna get a couple of potentials and let me interview 'em"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:02 am

We head out to our respective tasks. But before I do I say "Bryan, no horny bastards either. Zorra, make sure he staus outta trouble"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:46 am