Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon May 15, 2017 9:19 am

Per 13
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Mon May 15, 2017 9:38 am

Perception 16
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon May 15, 2017 9:42 am

(Rolled Crit Fail Perception Crying or Very sad )
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Mon May 15, 2017 10:35 am

Chalk me up for a fail also
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon May 15, 2017 11:08 am

Perception Crit 20!!!!!!
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon May 15, 2017 11:36 am

Eiznof rolls 11; still NPC'd till he shows up.

Tolr'ax & Olo & Eiznof & Jamros
    You are mostly focused on the cave. And the heat. Damn, it's hot!

Dook & A'mryl
    You hear a strange chittering noise in the sand. It's unusual, but steady.
    Dook Only
    Rhythmic, even. Almost like there's a pattern to the noise. You notice Oridrys is no longer smiling.

As you reach the overhang, Oridrys frees her hand from Dook's, catching Taryn and holding him behind her. She positions herself where the rock walls narrow to about 10 feet apart. She calls out to Dook, "Master Agalian, if I may request your services!" She has to yell over the rushing wind reverberating in the cavern. "I need one minute, can you buy me that?"

Without waiting for a response, she begins chanting, holding onto a bead of her necklace with one hand, while the other she holds towards the opening, and the wall of sand.

Suddenly a... creature bursts out of the sands. It stands roughly 5 feet tall, and has the appearance of a giant ant, with bulbous eyes, antennae, and carapace. It bounds towards you, it's 4 arms clacking with claws. Two more such creatures emerge shortly behind.

EVERYONE ROLL INITIATIVE (+Dex)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon May 15, 2017 11:42 am

21 Initiative
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon May 15, 2017 11:43 am

I look at Oridrys and revert my eyes to the giant insect. I take my stance.

Initiative 17 (+2Dex) = 19
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon May 15, 2017 11:45 am

Initiative 12
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon May 15, 2017 11:46 am

I drop the little ones and ready my greatsword for battle. Smile and exclaim to all "These beasts are no match for Tolr'ax!"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon May 15, 2017 12:00 pm

I ready my fists and glance over at Tolr'ax. "Don't take all the fun away." I smile as the battle starts
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon May 15, 2017 12:14 pm

I step back behind Tolr'ax and Dook, drawing my bow I yell, "I will stay back and cover you!"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Mon May 15, 2017 1:46 pm

Initiative 10 (shutters)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon May 15, 2017 2:38 pm

"I hope you are ready for a fight, little ones!" I yell as the creatures move closer.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Mon May 15, 2017 5:59 pm

17 initiative
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon May 15, 2017 7:22 pm

"Be ready as they could attack any moment now!"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue May 16, 2017 8:07 am

ROUND 1 - order of action; the monsters rolled poorly and go last...

Tolr'ax
    Dook
    Olo
    Eiznof
    Jamros
    A'mryl
    TK1
    TK2
    TK3

State your actions and whatever rolls that apply. I'll work through the chaos as we go in order,
    but you can declare your actions before it's your "turn" and I'll handle it. If you're casting a spell,
    know the actions.
    If you have any questions, I'm here as always. Text or message or whatnot.

Last edited by Troyer on Tue May 16, 2017 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 16, 2017 9:36 am

I enter a rage (bonus action) and move within range of the closest Ant. I attack with my Greatsword (Rolled 19 attack, 16 damage [9 roll + Str{+5} + Rage {+2}])

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Tue May 16, 2017 1:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue May 16, 2017 10:35 am

I draw my arrow back and take aim at the furthest creature, aiming directly for it's chest I take my shot. (Rolled 16 Attack, 6 Piercing Damage [4 roll + Dex{+2}])
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 16, 2017 6:07 pm

I size up my enemies and take note of what creatures the others are aiming for. I lay my sights on 2nd Giant Ant. I charge in for the attack and follow up with an additional strike. (Rolled 19 attack, 5 bludgeoning [3 roll + Dex +2] Bonus action: 6 Bludgeoning [4 roll + Dex +2]
    eiznof

Post by eiznof Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Eiznof casts sacred flame on the second creature. They need to make a dex save higher than 12 or take 1d8 damage. He strolls right up close to the second ant and looks at it right before casting the spell, he's plenty close already but he wants to smell the ant before the spell so he knows the scent for later.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Thu May 18, 2017 10:04 pm

Diaval begins to mimic the chittering sound from under my hajib. So I step back, take my long bow and shoot the ant creature to me (22 attack, 11 damage)
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Sat May 20, 2017 1:23 pm

I will (finally, I'm sorry!) cast Vicious Mockery on the ant that Tolr'ax is hitting.
    Wisdom saving throw or 3 psychic damage and disadvantage on next attack
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat May 20, 2017 2:03 pm

ROUND 1 - order of action; the monsters rolled poorly and go last...

Tolr'ax - Raging. 19 Attack hits for 16 Damage. TK1 is cleaved deeply by the huge barbarian's sword, carapace broken and spilling blood and bile. It slumps to the ground without a sound.

Dook - 19 attack hits, 5 + 6 = 11 Damage. The ant is rocked by the blows and is knocked prone, apparently unconscious.

Olo -  Casts Vicious Mockery, redirected to TK3, since 1 is dead and 2 cant hear. Ant crit fails, takes 3 psychic damage.

Eiznof - Casts Sacred Flame, TK2 is prone and auto-fails dex saves. ((Curiously, it doesn't say what kind of Dex Save, so I assumed against your Spellcasting DC. That's 8 + Prof (2) + Wis (4) for you. Other classes may not use Wisdom, but Charisma or Intelligence.)) The creature takes 5 Radiant damage and dies. The ant smells faintly coppery, but with a definite antiseptic scent, like soap.

Jamros - Ranged attack 13 (Disadvantage in High Winds, due to surrounding sandstorm), hits for 6 damage. The ant chitters violently and collapses, twitching and unconscious.

A'mryl - Ranged attack 8 (Disadvantage in High Winds, due to surrounding sandstorm), fails to hit.

TK1 - Dead.

TK2 - Dead.

TK3 - Unconscious.

You all hear chittering from the sands; 4 more giant ants emerge from the tempest, and some carry weapons in their claws. From the louder chittering, there are clearly more ants out of sight in the tempest.

ROUND 2

Tolr'ax - Raging.

TK4 -

Dook -

Olo -

Eiznof -

TK6 -

TK5 -

Jamros -

TK7 -

A'mryl -

TK1 - Dead.

TK2 - Dead.

TK3 - Unconscious.

[b]State your actions. To save time, I'll do rolls and apply appropriate effects. If you're using a special ability, such as the Lucky Feat, let me know.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat May 20, 2017 2:31 pm

I charge to the closest Ant and yell "You die today you beast!" and swing my greatsword aiming to slice it's head off. I shout "The winds will take your arrows, use a sword!" Then I yell wildly with blood-boiling rage into the air at the thrill of slaying the ants.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:44 am