Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:37 am

These creatures follow an elf? A descendant of this underground city perhaps? Elvish "Welcome indeed, am I a guest or captive?" I cough with a dry throat and aches from being bound and dragged.
    Dook
    Dook

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Dook Sat Jul 01, 2017 10:37 am

*I check to see if there is any disturbance or signs of Jamros*
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:05 am

Troyer wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:I want to gather the small stone figures. Tolr'ax admires the craftsmanship.

(Does my danger sense tingle at the sight of this tunnel?)

I go look at the doorway to the left of this tunnel.

There is no other doorway. You entered from the Cathedral, there is a tunnel exiting the room. That is all.

What Danger Sense?

I EXIT this room back to the Cathedral. And go into the doorway on the LEFT of the one I just came out of.

(Danger Sense: Gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells.To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or
    incapacitated.)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:30 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:These creatures follow an elf? A descendant of this underground city perhaps? Elvish "Welcome indeed, am I a guest or captive?" I cough with a dry throat and aches from being bound and dragged.

The Elf leans down, inches away from you. "We shall see." He looks... tired. Not old exactly, but as though a hard life has him stretched thin in his old age. And he is old, that you can tell. Something about him seems impossibly ancient. You're not sure what, though. He is unlike any elf you've ever seen. Dark bronze skin, but not like the black of a Dark Elf, and the blackest hair you've ever seen - all over his face, too - and jade green eyes, bright and piercing, above strong high cheekbones. The only elf you've seen even halfway resembling this guy are the statues back in the cathedral. He sees you examining him and smiles, white teeth behind his black beard.

He straightens and speaks in Draconic to the Kobolds, whom jump to manhandle you upright, cutting free your restraints. One of them pushes a waterskin into your hands. The Thug makes a point of flipping your dagger over in his hands, back and forth. The message is clear - you can look, but don't touch.

Now that you're upright, you can see a bit more of the room. It is all the same as you've seen - intricately carved and decorated, cared for certainly, though not quite opulent. Impressive, and lived in. Around the chamber there are a few partitioned areas, but you can see other elves. Most are lying down, but there are a couple whom are sitting. None, but the one in front of you, are standing. And those whom are sitting, are only vaguely interested in you. The decorations on furniture - real wooden furniture, for once - are equally as intricate as the stonework.

Across the room, to the left, there's what appears to be a small tunnel leaving the room. This, other than the large entrance you just came through, are the only outlets from this room.

The Elf speaks once more. "I am Abraxas Maat Tauret Tiye. How did you come to be here?" There's an oddity to his words, and heavily accented. An accent you have never heard.

Dook wrote:*I check to see if there is any disturbance or signs of Jamros*

Even with A'mryl's lights, you can see only signs of something being dragged.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:43 am

Tolr'ax wrote:
    I EXIT this room back to the Cathedral. And go into the doorway on the LEFT of the one I just came out of.

(Danger Sense: Gain an uncanny sense of when things nearby aren't as they should be, giving you an edge when you dodge away from danger. You have advantage on Dexterity saving throws against effects that you can see, such as traps and spells.To gain this benefit, you can't be blinded, deafened, or incapacitated.)

You exit the room, and turn back towards the doorway. So the waiting room in the middle. You forget which is Left and move to inspect them both.

The western one (closest to the cavern you entered from, now blocked by the riddle door thing again) is a long, dark, narrow tunnel. And small. A normal humanoid might fit comfortably, but you do not.

The eastern one (on the other side of the waiting room, this doorway being closest to the armory alcove) is similar to the waiting room entrance. Not a tunnel, but a wider opening that leads into a room. This room is similar in size to the waiting room, but on the far side there isn't a tunnel, but another doorway to another room, again of the same general size. At the far end of that room is another tunnel.

These two rooms appear... well, sparse. Empty. No seating here, no toys, not anything, really. There was perhaps once some tapestries hanging, but other than the hooks on the wall and the heaps of dust on the ground, there's nothing to see here.

It's eerie, but it seems simply abandoned.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:08 pm

"Hmmm." I sit down on one of the benches in the middle room and pull out a ration, eat a little of it and decide to patch up any of my woulds I can. And take a short rest. I call out to Eiznof. "I want to regain my strength before I continue."

"This place is a maze. We might never see out companions again. It was unwise for us to split up...but Pocket Patter...well."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:28 pm

I look confused, but take sips of water while keeping watching the thug in the corner of my eye. I rub my wrist relieved of the ties, and look back to the elf "Abraxax..I have never heard such a name, I am Jamros. I was traveling on a ship that crashed on the shore not far from here, along with other survivors. We were forced into these caverns seeking shelter from a raging storm..other threats forced us into your home."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:10 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Hmmm." I sit down on one of the benches in the middle room and pull out a ration, eat a little of it and decide to patch up any of my woulds I can. And take a short rest. I call out to Eiznof. "I want to regain my strength before I continue."

"This place is a maze. We might never see out companions again. It was unwise for us to split up...but Pocket Patter...well."

Eiznof nods, finds a spot to sit, and begins brushing his hair. In a few minutes, he's catching a nap.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I look confused, but take sips of water while keeping watching the thug in the corner of my eye. I rub my wrist relieved of the ties, and look back to the elf "Abraxax..I have never heard such a name, I am Jamros. I was traveling on a ship that crashed on the shore not far from here, along with other survivors. We were forced into these caverns seeking shelter from a raging storm..other threats forced us into your home."

The Elf looks both intrigued and skeptical. "So you came seeking shelter? How is it that you gained entrance beyond the fennas?" You recognize that word, not as Elvish, but Primordial. It means Gate, or Gateway.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:35 pm

"Fennas..you mean the fading door? The group was able to figure out it's riddle, I imagine it was you who placed it there?" I look around, "and also the people who built this amazing place. I must ask, what happened here, and why do you keep the company of kobolds?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:50 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Fennas..you mean the fading door? The group was able to figure out it's riddle, I imagine it was you who placed it there?" I look around, "and also the people who built this amazing place. I must ask, what happened here, and why do you keep the company of kobolds?"

"The 'group,' yes. How many are you numbered? Visitors are few in these lands, fewer still who can gain access. This was once a place of my people - he points to your ears - and perhaps some of yours. Though pale you are, and short. So mayhaps not your people." He gestures to the Thug and what you take to be an elder or something. "There was a time we served the Dragons. Kobolds, I'm sure you know, are merely little dragons."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:12 pm

"There would be eight, myself include. However, I am not sure how they fared our last encounter, being the mother beetle. They are strong, not violent..well except perhaps the large barbarian, but even he can cooperate." I sip some more water, and look over at the other elves, " So you serve...them? (pointing at the thug) Is this why they brought me here, they think I'm one of you?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:24 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"There would be eight, myself include. However, I am not sure how they fared our last encounter, being the mother beetle. They are strong, not violent..well except perhaps the large barbarian, but even he can cooperate." I sip some more water, and look over at the other elves, " So you serve...them? (pointing at the thug) Is this why they brought me here, they think I'm one of you?"

Abraxax laughs. It is a rich sound. "No, no. Ah. My people served - worshiped, that is - dragons. They are divine beings and forged us with their fires. The Kobolds, some say, are distant cousins to the dragons, and are devoted followers of them. They have ever been part of our civilization, for they assist us in serving our mutual creators - the dragons. As I said, few visitors reach us here. Certainly no Elves that I recall - typically interloping bug-folk... or the Snakes." He shudders slightly.

He speaks to the Thug in Draconic, points to you, and then back the way you came. The Thug rushes off at a trot, several other Kobolds peeling from the crowd to follow him. All are armed.

"That was Kip. He'll bring us your friends." He purses his lips. "Perhaps I should have told him to be gentle..."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jul 01, 2017 3:59 pm

"I wish to know more, but I am so tired, may we rest while waiting for the others? Also I would like my equipment back, I don't like others touching my things, and it's all I have in these lands."
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:45 pm

*I cease dancing lights when I hear the commotion* "Did you two hear that?" *can I hear the muffled speaking?* perception roll
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:50 pm

A'mryl wrote:*I cease dancing lights when I hear the commotion* "Did you two hear that?" *can I hear the muffled speaking?* perception roll

"Yes, I also here it as well. . . Like a something is coming towards us. . . I hope it's not more tribulations." *I try to make out the commotion. Perception roll*
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:44 am

As Torl'ax is resting I out my drum and starts beating the song of my people.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:19 am

Perception....can we hear or see anything?
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:10 pm

(I swear I posted a reply already... sorry!)

A'mryl wrote:*I cease dancing lights when I hear the commotion* "Did you two hear that?" *can I hear the muffled speaking?* perception roll

Dook wrote:

"Yes, I also here it as well. . . Like a something is coming towards us. . . I hope it's not more tribulations." *I try to make out the commotion. Perception roll*

Olo wrote:Perception....can we hear or see anything?

Dook = 5. You know nothing.
    Olo = 15. Yes. You're being watched. Up ahead, you catch the faintest glimmer of light off of something.
    A'mryl = 18. Your superior darkvision gives you a clearer image. There are figures up ahead, only a few. You know a Kobold when you see one. And hear one. In faint Draconic, you hear something to the effect of 'not to hurt them, but don't be stupid.' And more specifically, a mention of a - you're not sure of the word - 'boss' or leader of some sort.

Tolr'ax wrote:As Torl'ax is resting I out my drum and starts beating the song of my people.

Charisma (Performance) = 2+1 = 3. Eiznof glares at you. The couple of Lantern Bugs still moseying on through hasten their escape. Clearly you did not become a leader of your peers by your musical prowess.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:18 pm

"I see a faint light up ahead. Something is definitely watching us. A'mryl do you see it also?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:06 pm

I try as hard as I might... "I know nothing..."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:18 am

About this time, a small lispy voice barks out. "Stop! You stop! Wait."

A torch light flames to life. Ahead there are half a dozen Kobolds waiting, all armed lightly - slings, clubs, things of that nature. One of them, scales painted blue, gestures with a bronze-capped club. "No weapons forward. The Master, he would see you. He has your elf."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:53 am

I take a much needed nap after my FANTASTIC performance (apparently Goliath music isnt that great for other races, its kinda a niche market) and my long day. I stay alert while I snooze. Ready to fight at a moment's notice, but also resting my little goliath eyes.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:02 am

I unclench my fists and hold my hands up in a fashion that I mean no harm. I comply with the kobolds and take my leave with them.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:55 pm

"Has him in what capacity? Not all of us are so willing to comply so easily."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:21 am

Olo wrote:"Has him in what capacity? Not all of us are so willing to comply so easily."

They all hiss, yet the thug alone speaks. "Gnomes. Such little monsters. The master will not let me do as I would want with you. Know that."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:35 am