Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:24 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Esnach, is there anyone here that knew your father? Somebody had to know he had that watch, even in his grave."

He seems nonplussed. "I... well, um. All I really know is that a miscreant stole the watch. I've got a sort of name to go on, and based on that I've been pointed here. It's not much, but it's what I've got."

Tolr'ax wrote:Are there any people around that we could ask for information?

[Such as? You agreed to this, so it's up to you to come up with a plan.]
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:50 am

"Man, that's not much. Someone stole your watch and we have to get it back.. alright. Let's find this guy." I turn towards the guys,"so we beat everyone in this town until we get some solIid information or we ask kindly like a couple of wankers."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:14 am

"Esnach, wat does this watch look like? Maybe someone around knows it?"

Is there ANYONE around. At all. Looking for anyone that we can ask anything other than Esnach.

"Zorra, can't go beat the life outta people over a damn watch. We'll get a group o' thugs after us that way, 'specially in a wealthy area as Hemeld. We gotta be smart 'bout this."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:35 am

"Jokes is all. Get a good laugh once in awhile. No wonder you always look so green." I laugh at the comment.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:43 am

"Ok that's super helpful...What was your father's name? And when was the watch taken? It could be long gone for all we know."
    I look and study the area around us.
    "Digging a grave is messy work, pay close attention to their hands and shoes. Could still have dirt and mud on them."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:54 pm

Dook wrote:"Man, that's not much. Someone stole your watch and we have to get it back.. alright. Let's find this guy." I turn towards the guys,"so we beat everyone in this town until we get some solIid information or we ask kindly like a couple of wankers."

Esnach laughs, clapping you on the shoulder. "Dragonfriend, I like your humor!"

Tolr'ax wrote:"Esnach, wat does this watch look like? Maybe someone around knows it?"

Is there ANYONE around. At all. Looking for anyone that we can ask anything other than Esnach.

"Zorra, can't go beat the life outta people over a damn watch. We'll get a group o' thugs after us that way, 'specially in a wealthy area as Hemeld. We gotta be smart 'bout this."

"Oh! Silly me! It's a hair shy of four digits round, the face is an emblem of the sun and moons, the reverse some words my father used to say. 'It's times like these time and time again.' Funny old man, with his words." Esnach, still with that quirkly smile, is oblivious to having not divulged this fact before.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Ok that's super helpful...What was your father's name? And when was the watch taken? It could be long gone for all we know."
    I look and study the area around us.
    "Digging a grave is messy work, pay close attention to their hands and shoes. Could still have dirt and mud on them."

"Well now..." he sucks his teeth in thought, "must be going on about four years now. He's not my father, might as well be, though. In a way. His name was Arland. Arland of Seykor."

You fellas with History Proficiency know Seykor. It's an island nation far to the east, supposed to have drowned in the ocean centuries ago. In its heyday, Seykor was the preeminent empire in the Northern Ocean and ruled a great swathe of the mainland, and rumors persist of lands even farther across the ocean. It was ruled over by the Dawn Elves, an extinct ancestor of the High Elves... so they say. Fucking Elves. Elves aren't loved in the North, precisely because of Seykor's history. So this revelation should sound alarm bells in your heads.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:08 pm

"Seykor? Your father was a bloody high elf, an ancient one at that. I have a feeling this is no ordinary pocket watch we're searching for fellas." I look at Esnach and get close to him, "If you are hiding anything else from us I suggest you spill it, what is so special about this watch?" (Intimidate)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:49 pm

"Eh, fancy watch that some rich fuck will want. Lets just start knocking on doors haha"
    I start walking over to the closest house.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Seykor? Your father was a bloody high elf, an ancient one at that. I have a feeling this is no ordinary pocket watch we're searching for fellas." I look at Esnach and get close to him, "If you are hiding anything else from us I suggest you spill it, what is so special about this watch?" (Intimidate)

Esnach looks at you as though you've lost your mind. "What?! Do I look like an elf?" He touches his ears momentarily, as it to reassure himself. He then digs around inside his vest and pulls out a small wad of green, you realize it's mint. "Here, friend, if you're going to be in my face, I'd prefer you chew on this first." He does not, however, take a step back. "I've explained about the watch. It belonged to him. I swore I'd return it."

Tolr'ax wrote:"Eh, fancy watch that some rich fuck will want. Lets just start knocking on doors haha"
    I start walking over to the closest house.

You're in the nicest quarter of the city. Those on the street with you, fewer now as night has descended in full - with the cold - are dressed in fine garments and usually mounted. Everyone has a footman, it seems, or a guard nearby. The houses have slate rooftops, fine brick walls, and high walls for their private gardens. As you walk over, a guard steps from the shadows blocking your path. "I'd rather you didn't." He has a hand on his belt, not quite on a mace at his hip, and another chap behind him leans casually on a spear. The first one speaks again. "If you've business with the Cruhains, you'd know how to conduct yourself and wouldn't be here after dark. Or, if you're a favored guest and expected, then I'd know you were coming. Since I don't, then you don't, and you need to go. There's a good halfbreed." There's no rancor in his voice, merely stating facts as he sees them.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:21 pm

"Don't even know the name. Maybe you boys could help a half breed like me out. My friend back here is lookin' fer a fancy watch, got suns an' moons on the face o' it. Seen anythin' like that hangin' from anyone's person, eh?"
    I stand back a bit from the men.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:46 pm

I lean in towards Bryan," the disrespect. I have half a mind to show some manners."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Don't even know the name. Maybe you boys could help a half breed like me out. My friend back here is lookin' fer a fancy watch, got suns an' moons on the face o' it. Seen anythin' like that hangin' from anyone's person, eh?"
    I stand back a bit from the men.

The guard looks at you, as if trying to decide whether to believe you or call the Town Watch. "Tradecourt's got the merchandise. Hemeld Square's private residences. And you're here, uninvited, at night. Understand?" Still non-threatening, merely matter of fact. "If you're after some specialties, I think Ruhdair's got the marketshare on that. True, his makings are in every home in the Square, but if it ain't his and it's in town, he knows it."

The other guard laughs, "Like you know a bloody thing about his gold and trinkets, eh, Lord Eachann?!" He laughs again, pleased with his mockery.

The guard who must be Eachann merely turns his head and says, in the manner of suffering the inept with his wisdom, "Gille, if you shut your trap about girls and listened to your betters, you'd pick up plenty. Same way I know Coinneach Todt's going to be very handsomely rewarded for the, ah, 'mishaps' befallen Boggis." He turns back to you, slight smile clinging to the shadow of his lips, as if to say 'that'll shut up the young'un.' He leans in a drops his voice a little, "Such things, they tend to favor friends of Caelbir, I hear." He straightens, "So you should to Master Ruhdair, I think. Best guess, this time of night he's in his pillows like the rest of them that ain't work for a living." His chainmail rattles as he steps back to his post.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:14 pm

"Thanks for the info friend, and I know Caelbir fair 'nough; we trade a good bit, are ye' friends with him?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:18 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Thanks for the info friend, and I know Caelbir fair 'nough; we trade a good bit, are ye' friends with him?"

He chuckles. "Everyone is, until they're not."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:21 pm

I try to recall everything I know about Caelbir.
    "Aye, I guess that's true. He can be a pain in one's side if he wants. That's why I always visit him in the market first. You boys enjoy penguin meat?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:24 pm

I take the mint from Esnach and chew it with a smile, "Apologies, an odd day to say the least, thanks for the fresh breath." I look to the guards and Sid.
    Tel. to Zorra, "Let's keep our heads down, I can draw their attention away from us if we need to sneak out of here, but we don't need the city guard after us.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:45 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I try to recall everything I know about Caelbir.
    "Aye, I guess that's true. He can be a pain in one's side if he wants. That's why I always visit him in the market first. You boys enjoy penguin meat?"

The younger guard feigns retching.
    The older guard snarls his nose. "Those shit birds? Nah."

As to Caelbir... he's a powerful broker on the island, and enjoys a healthy loyalty in the midlands - indeed, most folk who don't fancy Worral or Talley flock together in the midlands. As with most of the not-quite lords on the island, there's a constant back and forth of influence, ambition, and morality. Caelbir has the respect he does for a reason - he's tenacious in his quarrels, both in defense of his allies, and in his market competition with rivals. He's not a murderous cur, but no one's a saint either.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:22 pm

"So we seek this 'master Ruhdair' character. At least we got a lead to go by, eh? Darkness has fallen. . .How would we like to proceed?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Dook wrote:"So we seek this 'master Ruhdair' character. At least we got a lead to go by, eh? Darkness has fallen. . .How would we like to proceed?"

Esnach shrugs and smiles. "I'm just tickled that you fine folks are so helpful!"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:47 pm

I look at Esnach and can't help but smile at his carefreeness. I chuckle and pat him on the back.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:08 pm

"We could go wake Mr. Rudhair, not like he's busy as the guard said."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:13 pm

"Aye, well thank ye' fer the information. Sorry do disrupt yer night."

I walk back over to the others in a low voice, "Did ye hear all that? Sounds like we will have to pay this Ruhdair a visit tonight."

I sigh. "Old man, you better be worth it...." I glare at Zorra with 'this better not be a waste of my time' look.

"Oi! Eachann is it?" I yell to the guard. "Any idea where this Ruhdair lives?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:23 pm

"Aye we heard, let's get going, we'll need sleep soon as well."
    Tel. To Sid, "His cheerfulness is weird, I'm not against letting this one go, plus this watch has been missing for years, how do we have a chance to find it?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:31 pm

Tel response to Bryan: Eh, might as well try. It's been pretty fun so far. And I want to see this watch, hell, if it is as valuable as it sounds, we might just take it, sell it, and leave this cheery fuck to cry over the watch.

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:17 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    "Oi! Eachann is it?" I yell to the guard. "Any idea where this Ruhdair lives?"

"Tradecourt, above his shop."

[You're familiar enough with the town you know where to go.]

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:28 pm