Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:43 am

I wake up, unchanged from the dreams of the girl.

"Lets head over to the tavern. Best not to bother Fergus at his home."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:17 pm

You can hear, outside in the courtyard, voices of several men. It is indistinct, but does sound relatively nearby.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:58 pm

I stand up and stretch my wings. I recall the thoughts of the blood soaked girl and wondered who she was. Doesn't seem like anyone I know.

I shrug my shoulders and look at the others.

"What are these voices I'm am hearing outside?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:06 pm

I don my armor and stretch a bit to wake myself up. I go to the door and listen to the men trying to hear what they are saying or doing outside. (being all sneaky sneak as I do it)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:37 pm

*perception(?)*
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:32 pm

I pause in the doorway at the sound of voices, I listen with the others. Perception
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:40 am

You don't have much time really to listen; the voices are virtually at the door.

"...good work, lads! Grab some shut-eye and I'll wake you in a couple hours. I'm so--"

Caelbir opens the door to the cellar and, upon seeing you all, nearly chokes on this words. He spins on his heel back to face the men outside. "Run up and grab some food while I clear out some rubbish down here; it's more cluttered than I remember. Go on, now!" He shoos them away, and steps out of sight for a moment assuring them it was alright, that they had done heroic work, and so on.

He comes back a moment later, face a thundercloud. Just the four of you now.

"Now which one of you penguinfuckers want to tell me what you're doing on my cellar?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:03 am

"Caelbir! Did ye get so drunk last night that ye forgot that ye told us we could stay here for the night?" I say with a smile.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:08 am

"Indeed big man! Lovely cellar by the way, can't believe you've never showed it to me!" I wink at him with a grin. "I believe we all had quite the fill of drink last night, we were worried about a place to sleep and after your trade with Sid went so well you had the most generous offer of your basement for shelter. We couldn't be more grateful." (Deception)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:23 am

I look at Caelbir and wave as I yawn like a dog.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:19 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Caelbir! Did ye get so drunk last night that ye forgot that ye told us we could stay here for the night?" I say with a smile.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Indeed big man! Lovely cellar by the way, can't believe you've never showed it to me!" I wink at him with a grin. "I believe we all had quite the fill of drink last night, we were worried about a place to sleep and after your trade with Sid went so well you had the most generous offer of your basement for shelter. We couldn't be more grateful." (Deception)

Dook wrote:I look at Caelbir and wave as I yawn like a dog.

[Caelbir rolls Insight vs Deception = 1 Crit Fail]

Caelbir looks at you all, slowly, from one to the next as though he's trying to figure out a magic trick. He then shakes his head and puts a grimy hand up to his head, and shakes it with a yawn. You see he's covered in black soot and smells of smoke and ash. "Boyos, I must be more tired than I thought. Been at the Mayor's for hours putting out that fire." He looks up at you, "You must've been dead drunk to not hear the commotion. Whole town is out, talking it about it. Dozens of us helped. No use, though." He stumbles past you all, clearly exhausted, and begins rummaging around in the back, pulling open a trunk and checking a few odds and ends while he talks. He hangs his head again. "Feinoghan's gone. He was a good friend. Wife and girl, too. His boy safe. Least his body, he's been a sobbing, screaming mess since we found him." He pulls the trunk over, filled with clean blankets. "Since you boys slept all night, mind cleaning up after yourselves? I'm letting thems that helped in the fire get some rest down here shortly." On his way out again, he stops and turns to you. "With Fien gone, Worral's going to get bolder. You boyos may want to get back down south before then." He turns to leave again.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:32 pm

"Well that explains the smoky smells, sorry to hear of your friend. We'll clean our mess and be out of your way, thanks again."
    Tel. To Sid, "At least we that covered. Fergus almost screwed us... No telling if that boy saw us, let's get our workers and go back to the farm."
    I start cleaning up the beds and wiping them down from our sweaty grossness.

Last edited by Jamros Mageblood on Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:42 pm

I wait til Caelbir leaves before I speak.

"Did you guys know that this was his basement? I thought this was the innkeepers house. . . *silence* . . WHAT ABOUT THE DAMN WATCH?!" I say with a aggravated disposition...........
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:51 pm

"Damn, that is a shame, don't believe I ever met the man. Aye. We'll clean up. Oh Caelbir! Do ye know when Fergus gets to the inn in the mornings? Made a bit of a fool of myself to him, and I'd like to apologize to him?"

Tel back to Bryan "Aye, we need to speak with Fergus first. He lied to us about where we were staying, almost got us in a fuck of trouble with Caelbir, I'd like a word with him at least. We have done his bidding...we're the only 4 people that know, he will be playing his politics. Might throw us to the wolves if he ever needs to."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:54 pm

I look at Sid with a scowl. "Did he say a girl. . ." I pull out meh pipe and light it. "Still as cold as I remember yeh" I chuckle as I take a drag "remember the time we had that baby bunny and someone over with their wagon? We were furious and picked up our weapons and you kept humming this tune that made us look so bad ass while we were heading to kill this guy." I laugh at the good times. "Poor baby bunny. How I miss him."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Nov 04, 2017 12:58 pm

"Aye I remember the way he looked in my eyes as the blood spilled from his throat....I remember all the faces of the ones I've taken." I look with a blank expression to Zorra. "Poor baby bunny"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:01 pm

"He's a dyed dyad now....." I say in cutesy dragon voice to get a laugh out of Sid.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:02 pm

"Esnach will have to find his watch. We've done enough here. Fergus didn't want loose ends, can't say I blame him. However, you don't deal with demons and try to trick them out of a deal. Let's find him."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:03 pm

I nod in agreement with Bryan. I release a blow of smoke and look at it.... the irony
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:05 pm

"He never promised anythin'....he don't owe us anythin'...but I'd still like a thanks, and an explanation for the lie."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:07 pm

I get up and get ready for us to leave. "Hurry up you peasants, lets find answers!" They can easily tell that have the watch on my mind and not the deception. . . even though I am irritated with the deception. Dragonfolk.... what a complicated bunch
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:22 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Damn, that is a shame, don't believe I ever met the man. Aye. We'll clean up. Oh Caelbir! Do ye know when Fergus gets to the inn in the mornings? Made a bit of a fool of myself to him, and I'd like to apologize to him?"

Tel back to Bryan "Aye, we need to speak with Fergus first. He lied to us about where we were staying, almost got us in a fuck of trouble with Caelbir, I'd like a word with him at least. We have done his bidding...we're the only 4 people that know, he will be playing his politics. Might throw us to the wolves if he ever needs to."

"Fergus?" Caelbir shrugs, either tired or uncomfortable. "He lives at the inn, far as I know."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:19 pm

to Caelbir before he leaves "Aye, makes sense. Thanks again for the lodging, friend."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:31 pm

I let out a snarl.....
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:53 pm

So off you all go, eh? To where?

Sponsored content