Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:59 am

Sid, Zorra, and Bryan each experience their own unique Hell as they are bound, gagged, and transported. To where, they would not know, their heads covered with a hood made of coarse cloth. At some point they road in a wagon, another time they were forced to shuffle along on foot, and two days ago - maybe? - they were thrown into cells in a cold, dank space. Their hoods finally removed, their eyes were ill-equipped to handle the bright torches of the guards, and it would take some time to acclimate to their new surroundings.

Separated each in a different cell, just large enough to stoop in, and curl into a ball, with no blanket, cot, or anything of comfort save some straw scattered loosely on the floor. The voice of the guards here, unlike those of your captors, was more familiar to you - the harsh, broken accent of the men who had beaten you on the roads giving way to the more soft sounds of the other islanders you knew. Here you come to find out that you are sequestered in a stockade in Skocor, held as brigands - else why would you attack the guards of Skocor Mine?

Your trial is in the morning, and it's a foregone conclusion that you'll be found guilty and summarily executed. Probably before lunch.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:01 pm

I raise my head, up a groggy and ill mess, pissed off mostly. "By the Old One what shite is this...give me guidance master.." I look around to see if my companions are nearby and what else is around me.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:45 am

I take in my surroundings, what kind of lock is on the door? anything on the floor? whats the guard situation like?
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:37 pm

I look around taking in everything I see. I look to see all that I can see and determine what is in my cell, the kind of cage I am in. Any guards in my vision or hearing range.

Perception +0
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:46 pm

None of you can really make out ant detail in the minimal light. You can hear Bryan talking to himself,though."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:32 am

I say in a hushed voice. "Bryan, ye there?" as I groan a bit as it hurts to speak from my wounds.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:57 am

"Yea I'm here..wherever this is. Zorra? You there pal?" I say in a whisper.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:47 pm

"If we are here, he most likely is as well, probably still knocked out. Brian, use your special gift to communicate so peeping ears won't hear us."

I feel around for any useful objects in my cell, or what kind of cage bars my exit, and if there is a padlock, or if it is built into the cage.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:58 pm

I whisper "I am glad yeh not dead. Any idea what this place could be? Worhal's prison?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:05 pm

"Talley's," came a gruff and familiar, if weak, voice. Roffram.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:00 pm

I let out a sigh of relief at Roffram's familiar voice. "You're late for yer delivery, Roff. Why'd they lock your old wrinkled arse in here?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I let out a sigh of relief at Roffram's familiar voice. "You're late for yer delivery, Roff. Why'd they lock your old wrinkled arse in here?"

You are answered with a spasm of coughs. Then the old man wheezes out, dryly, "Oh, didn't you know? Questioning 'High King' Talley isn't allowed these days."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:14 pm

"High King? Did they get you on the road? We saw a wagon. We came to look for you, got into a scuff with some daft lads with odd accents. There were too many of them for us to take, I think one of them dropped dead. Bryan and his magic. That landed us in 'ere."

(any info on our cages and if there is a lock?)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:07 am

Tolr'ax wrote:"High King? Did they get you on the road? We saw a wagon. We came to look for you, got into a scuff with some daft lads with odd accents. There were too many of them for us to take, I think one of them dropped dead. Bryan and his magic. That landed us in 'ere."

(any info on our cages and if there is a lock?)

(Sorry I missed this)

By answer, Roffram coughs, then you hear the sound of him spitting. "Bah, thugs! One of his hill clan allies, come down to bend the people to his will. There is real war these days, lads. Worrall's raiders hit the mine twice during the winter, killed the foreman, collapsed part of the mines trapping dozens down in the bowels. All the while, Talley has been making noise of being the overlord of these lands, and just days before the raid Talley had come down and collected 'his due' - a quarter of the ore and revenue! So, yeah, I cursed his name as a thief and a scoundrel and not worthy if he can't protect 'his own'... his clansmen arrived two weeks later, and I've been locked up here since." He sounds weak, but defiant. "I was on my way to warn you boys when they caught me, named me a traitor, thief - on account of having company gold to buy from you boys - and runaway. They keep telling me I'm to be executed, but it's been days. In the meantime...," he sighs, "what day is it? What month? I know not these things."

(As you can tell at a cursory inspection, your cells are as I described. Tiny, cramped, devoid of anything but bits of refuse and a thin pile of straw. The door is solid wood with a small metal grate at 'eye level' which is a hunched eye level, so maybe four feet up in the five foot door. The lock, as it appears, is only accessible from the outside. Beyond that, there's a strip of metal across the top third of the door, and the bottom third of the door, to bind the wood planks together, and perhaps a three inch gap beneath the door to the dirty stone ground.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:20 am

I let Roffram know the current time of year, day (as best I know), "I figure we will be executed tomorrow. What kind of slop have ye' been gettin' to eat in here?"
    "Zorra, Bryan, check your doors for weak spots...we might get lucky."

I push on the door in different areas to see if it is weak at all. (Perception +2)

Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:09 am

I check the doors to see if my acid breath could melt away any part of the door that will set me and my mates free. I also try to see what is tethering me down whether it be shackles or restraints. (Perception +0)
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:38 pm

Tel to Sid, "I could try to blast my way out, but it would cause some noise..I'd be dead quick." I wiggle the lock on my cell, to see if it might be loose.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:45 pm

Tel back to Bryan, "If it comes to that, we will do it. If your animal speak could help us out on this one, like getting a spider to pick the lock" I chuckle to myself.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:14 pm

Tel to Sid, "Not likely, spiders are dicks. They only do anything if it benefits them.." I look around for any creatures I can communicate with...even spiders.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:54 am

tel back to Bryan, "then benefit them"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:03 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I let Roffram know the current time of year, day (as best I know), "I figure we will be executed tomorrow. What kind of slop have ye' been gettin' to eat in here?"
    "Zorra, Bryan, check your doors for weak spots...we might get lucky."

I push on the door in different areas to see if it is weak at all. (Perception +2)

The door is sturdy as far as you can tell.

Dook wrote:I check the doors to see if my acid breath could melt away any part of the door that will set me and my mates free. I also try to see what is tethering me down whether it be shackles or restraints. (Perception +0)

Well, your acid breath is definitely corrosive. So... maybe?

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Tel to Sid, "I could try to blast my way out, but it would cause some noise..I'd be dead quick." I wiggle the lock on my cell, to see if it might be loose.

It is not loose. Not even a little bit.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Tel to Sid, "Not likely, spiders are dicks. They only do anything if it benefits them.." I look around for any creatures I can communicate with...even spiders.

You saw a rat earlier, but it's not around right now seems like. No insects either, not that insects of that limited size might understand you.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:51 pm

I whisper to Sid,"I can use my acid to try and get us all out. Stealth might be key since we got our arse's handed to us."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:39 pm

Whispering to Zorra, "Aye, that would be a good idea. Be quick about it. Get Roff's free too." I move back as far as I can from the door waiting an acidic escape.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:45 pm

I use acid breath on my door to see if it is what we all hope for.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:36 pm

Your breath attack corrodes not just the lock, but also the door, hinges, and stone below. After a few minutes, and fuming, noxious clouds, the door weakens visibly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 6:36 am