Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Dook
    Dook

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 9 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:44 pm

"Both" I say with confidence.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:02 pm

He points to a man in a sparkling robe. "Bet with him." He points to another man who is rugged and holding a clip board, "get on the fight list with him." He crosses his arms and ignores you like he didn't even know you were even there.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:35 pm

I walk over to the man holding the clip board and tell him to sign me up
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:34 am

He looks at you up and down, "Name?" he gets his quill ready.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:26 am

"Put me down as Wolfsbane."

I almost wanted to say my name was Tazerface just for kicks and giggles. I doubt anyone here would know the infamous name "Tazerface." A strong looking man, but what a stupid name. He only won his fights because the opponent was distracted at laughing at his name when he got announced. But Tazerface died against a small little mutated rabbit that was hell bent on destruction. I don't know what happened to that small rabbit, but I know one thing...if I ever see another rabbit walking on two and carrying a mace...I am turning tail.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:13 pm

He scribbles your name down. "They'll call you when your fight is up. You are fighting Gareth." He motioned toward a brute of a man that rivaled the size of Ragnar, maybe a few inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. He has a few scars on his bare chest and his face had been in a few fights before. His nose was crooked from being broken multiple times. He was watching the current fight.

A scrawny boy against a lean man. The scrawny boy rolled around and hit the man in the kidney a few times and dodged the punches from the man. The crowd went wild as they fought. The boy had the speed. The man has the power. The boy quickly dodged a couple of punches thrown at him and retaliated with some blows to the face. The man was slightly dazed. The boy went in for the finishing blow, but the man ducked and swept his leg and the boy went down. Then the man had a devastating finishing punch to the boy's face, which knocked him unconscious. The crowd went wild and money started being exchanged from the betting.

A few more fights went by, a round man and a dark skinned half orc, the half orc won with a blow to the stomach, a gnome versus a halfling, gnome won with a head kick. An elf and a tiefling battled it out for about ten minutes, ending in a tie as they both collapsed simultaneously.

Money passing through the crowd, a few people left, a couple entered in the hour you were there. Then, the announcer yelled, "Next up! We have a fight with an old face and a new face, Gareth the Bone-snapper is fighting Wolfesbane the newcomer!!!"

Gareth steps into the circle and cracks his knuckles. "Where is my challenger?" he says in a gruff voice. "Hope he can handle a punch."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:53 pm

I walk in the circle and stand before Gareth. I stretch my arms and legs getting limber for the fight. I have fought bigger people than this guy so I am feeling confident I will win this fight. Need to establish a win so I can get better fights.

"You ready, my friend?" I say to Gareth
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:03 am

Gareth laughs. "Might snap you in two!"

The announcer yells, "THIS IS NOT A FIGHT TO THE DEATH, BUT IF YOU DIE, YOU DIE. NO WEAPONS, NO MAGIC! BARE FISTS ONLY!" He moves from between the two fighters. "FIGHT"

Zylo goes first.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:52 am

As soon as I hear the words fight, I close the small gap between us quickly and immediately go for the first strike without hesitation. I know I am much quicker than the average human because of my unique abilities, so I use my momentum from my speed and use all my force to throw into a his face to cause some staggering and to see how he reacts.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:10 pm

He dodges your punch narrowly and then counters with an elbow strike, you catch it in the face and take 2 bludgeoning damage.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:15 pm

As Dook leaves, I venture off to the tavern to meet Tev, I hope I am not too late for our meeting.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Ragnar: you arrive just in time to see Tev leaving the tavern. She sees you and smiles, "Well hello there"
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:20 am

I see Tev as she smiles, "HI" I say back to her
    "You know I only have a couple of hours until I need to meet my friend again, He is over in the fighting pits at the moment. What would you like to do?"
    I ask her as I look into her eyes.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:34 am

I take the momentum of the punch I took to try to deliver a blow to Gareth.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:34 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:I see Tev as she smiles, "HI" I say back to her
    "You know I only have a couple of hours until I need to meet my friend again, He is over in the fighting pits at the moment. What would you like to do?"
    I ask her as I look into her eyes.

She looks around, "We could grab a drink at a more affordable tavern. I know a place." She waves you on and heads towards what you assume is a nicer tavern to get a drink.

Dook wrote:I take the momentum of the punch I took to try to deliver a blow to Gareth.

You make contact with Gareth's side, he grunts slightly at the hit. Then he rears back his fist and lunges it forward, you artfully dodge it (you can describe how you do it). Suddenly, you feel a sharp pain in your stomach, as you look down, Gareth has closed the gap and thrown an upper cut into your stomach, you take 3 damage.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:06 pm

When I dodged, I swiftly turned to my side. But it seems that he still was able to hit me.

With him so close to me and for the big guy that he is, I need to do a devastating blow.

I grab behind his head with both hands and at the same time, jump and pull down with all my force. My knee going straight to his face.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:13 pm

Dook wrote:When I dodged, I swiftly turned to my side. But it seems that he still was able to hit me.

With him so close to me and for the big guy that he is, I need to do a devastating blow.

I grab behind his head with both hands and at the same time, jump and pull down with all my force. My knee going straight to his face.

Your hands slip away from his sweaty head, he slips back out of your grasp and you end up kneeing the air.

(Zylo: HP = 10/15 remaining)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:16 pm

Damn it, I think to myself. That was my chance to do some damage.

I step back to get some distance to assess the situation and condition of my opponent.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Mar 30, 2019 1:33 pm

Zylo investigating Gareth: You see that he has taken a little damage from your hit to his side. He doesn't seem to really be stronger than you. You feel like his is just getting lucky.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:39 pm

The RNGesus Gods I serve are not smiling upon me today. I should not have gotten drunk and revoked them to get with that elf chick on the last island I was on...

I say a little prayer to gain favor with RNGesus.

I close the gap and swing my fist into him.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:30 pm

Zylo: Your fist connects and hits him in the face. He spits out blood and two teeth. He lunges at you and swings his big fist, but it misses you by a foot.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:29 pm

I turn to follow Tev,
    "A drink does sound nice!"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:23 am

As he punches through, I take this opportunity and swing my foot into him.

He is looking tired. Seems like I might have this after all, immediately forgetting about my prayers to the not so faithful normally RNGesus.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:06 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:I turn to follow Tev,
    "A drink does sound nice!"

Tev leads you to a small tavern a couple miles away, you both small talk as you go. The weather is nice, hard day at work, things like that. The small tavern has a sign that reads "The Hooked Salmon" and has a picture of a salmon with a hook in it's mouth. The outside is a little beat up, clearly has been there for a while. As you walk in, things get a little nicer. It is well kept and clean, the old woman at the bar smiles when Tev walks in, "Tev!" she says, she has a couple of teeth missing that you can see. "Strong-wine for you, dear?" the lady asks. Tev answers in the affirmative, then the lady watches you come through the door, her eyes widen "Why hello there, big man." She looks at Tev and raises an eyebrow, "Is he your's?"

Dook wrote:As he punches through, I take this opportunity and swing my foot into him.

He is looking tired. Seems like I might have this after all, immediately forgetting about my prayers to the not so faithful normally RNGesus.

Your leg moves in a flash, everyone gasps. But you don't connect. Gareth sends out a punch that is aimed for your head, but you duck out of the way.

(Zylo: HP = 10/15 remaining)
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:56 am

I eye up the new tavern as we walk in, it isn't nearly as gaudy and fancy as the other, but it is definitely more to my liking. It is a more humble and homey feeling place than the last. I laugh as she asks tev if I'm yours and turn to the snaggle-toothed lady.
    "I would like a cup of your best ale please!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:22 pm