Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 10:02 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Dex 19

As you rudely frisk these strangers, the woman's hand snakes out and strikes your cheek. You take no damage, except perhaps to your pride. She stands there, defiant and glaring, and the young man's nervous hackles have his hand on his dagger again. "And it happens to be you who found these knife wounds, eh?"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 10:05 am

I trust Diaval but lets go towards higher ground. It is not far. If there is nothing that comes of It then we can make the trip back,to the beach. In,the least, there is fodder to be had.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 10:07 am

I make my way towards the tor. Checking to see who is following. "Waste of time bird was"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 10:12 am

Perhaps our patience has been rewarded with our coming to know one another, Tolr'ax. An advantage that is easily overlooked. Lead the way. I'll walk in your shadow, if I may. This bright sun is murderous to my eyes.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 10:17 am

I smile at A'mryl. "Stay close little one. The sun burns my skin as well. It is not as it is in the mountains."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 10:21 am

"You're keen to have caught me, not something an average person could do, and put the knife away boy I mean you know harm. I don't know you, I don't trust you, and to have been on the beach unscathed when even the goliath was knocked out? I just want to know who you are.."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 10:26 am

I yell over to the Jamros "You should have just asked, Drift Wood! If that is the best sneaking you can do, in broad daylight when everyone watches, I am surprised you are still alive"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 10:36 am

Tolr'ax & A'mryl

You pick your way up the slope as the ground transitions from windswept sands to harder packed clay and stone. The color shifts from the lighter sands to a ruddier hue, the not-quite-rust color of an angry sunset. As you climb, it becomes evident to you that this place is not the lifeless desolation at first glance. There are bits of scrub, cacti, and even stubborn tubers hiding in the cleft of rocks. So too are there lizards, scorpions, and birds in some manner of movement all around.

You reach the jutting tor and find it an easy climb. The stacked stones offer plenty of hand- and toe-holds to pull yourself up. Though of many varied boulders, now that you're upon it the largest stands close to 20 feet above the ground at its peak.

Roll Perception - or whatever else you'd like.

Jamros

The woman places a hand on the young man, saying to him. "Let's be on our way, Taryn. What do we say?"
    He responds by rote, "We Rise, Ever Higher."
    Together they step around you and move on, following those who had not sought to take advantage of them.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 10:45 am

Perception 21
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 am

We Rise, Ever Higher, I think on these words and wonder if I've heard the phrase before. While doing so I make my way over to Dook and introduce myself. "Hello, I am Jamros."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 10:50 am

Rolled 6 Perception
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed May 10, 2017 10:57 am

I look this rouge as he introduces himself to me in a disproving tone after his actions, but concluded that he is just. "Hello Jamros, I am Dook." I reach out for his hand and pull him in on a side hug. "You have no thought for personal space. You seem to be too friendly with your hands" I let out a few laughs!
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 11:06 am

A'mryl wrote:Perception 21

(At disadvantage, Dark Elf? Disadvantage due to Sunlight Sensitivity; you roll twice, and take the lower roll.)

Jamros Mageblood wrote:We Rise, Ever Higher, I think on these words and wonder if I've heard the phrase before. While doing so I make my way over to Dook and introduce myself.  "Hello, I am Jamros."

Roll Intelligence - History.

Tolr'ax wrote:Rolled 6 Perception

You are in a desert. This desert is stupid. Hot is stupid. Everything is stupid.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed May 10, 2017 11:08 am

I throw my hood over my face once more and follow A'mryl and Tolr'ax with Oridrys and Taryn. I look at Oridrys," so Taryn is your nephew?" Noticing he is human and she is an elf.

Last edited by Dook on Wed May 10, 2017 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 11:11 am

The drow was mistaken, its actually percep 7.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 11:14 am

20 History
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 11:17 am

I walk over to join the rest of the group.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 11:24 am

Dook wrote:I throw my hood over my face once more and follow A'mryl and Tolr'ax with Oridrys and Taryn. I look at Oridrys," so Taryn is your nephew?"

Oridrys walks along without looking at you, head high. "He is, my sister's son." She glances at you out of the corner of her eye, and a slight smile creeps across her mouth. "Tell me, Agalian, why were you on the ship? What perils were you fleeing?" After a moment, you realize she's speaking Celestial.

A'mryl wrote:The drow was mistaken, its actually percep 7.

You see a bright, bright haze all around. The surface really is unkind to your race.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:20 History
    I walk over to join the rest of the group.

(Not bad)
    Your memory tickles from something past. It's Elven, you are certain, but you can't quite place it. Some sort of motto, maybe?

Tolr'ax & A'mryl
    You may roll perception again; on hearing or seeing.

Anyone Else
    You may climb the tor and look for yourselves.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed May 10, 2017 11:59 am

I smile while keepin my eyes forward. Impressed with her knowledge of the language, I reply in such," I left my home seeking challenges to prove myself. A sense of self worth. " I say with a subtle tone. *Sigh* "But the past is set, and the beauty of the future is that it can be molded into what ever you desire." I say with a more dramtic, excited tone!
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 12:17 pm

"Tolr'ax, do you see anything? I can scout ahead and get a lay of the land on foot and search the area."

Last edited by Jamros Mageblood on Wed May 10, 2017 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 12:18 pm

Rolled 19 Perception on Sight

(Rolled 10 Observant Feat +5, +2 Perception Proficiency, +2 WIS Mod)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 12:46 pm

I ask A'mryl "Raven Keeper, what was a small dark one as yourself doing on the ship?"

I shout to Jamros "Pocket Patter, I see nothing quite yet"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 2:31 pm

Dook wrote:I smile while keepin my eyes forward. Impressed with her knowledge of the language, I reply in such," I left my home seeking challenges to prove myself. A sense of self worth. " I say with a subtle tone. *Sigh* "But the past is set, and the beauty of the future is that it can be molded into what ever you desire." I say with a more dramtic, excited tone!

She inclines her head in what amounts to a nod. The redhead apparently doesn't have a clue what language you're speaking.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Tolr'ax, do you see anything? I can scout ahead and get a lay of the land on foot and search the area."

Tolr'ax wrote:Rolled 19 Perception on Sight

(Rolled 10 Observant Feat +5, +2 Perception Proficiency, +2 WIS Mod)

(Yay! Math homework for fun!)

You have a clear view of the surrounding country, and very little of it is appealing. To the east, towards the sea and the wreckage, the beach stretches north and south straight like an arrow. In the north the beaches stop abruptly in a line of large jagged rock outcrops that jut into the sea. Upon those rocks, perhaps 100 yards into the waves, rests the impaled hull of your ship. Or a ship. It could be yours, but you can't tell from here. It is perhaps half a day's walk up the beach, but the way seems clear, with nothing but low undulating hills (dunes?) running parallel to the beach. Beyond that line of rocks, a mere twig in the distance, is what appears to be some sort of tower. Possibly of stone, but the structure seems off. Definitely man-made, though, as it is rising out of the relatively flat coastal lands. Out in that direction, sea birds wind in the air, and you see some small critter along the sands scooting along.

To the north those dunes dwindle into the same craggy line of rocks that juts so far out into the sea, except inland they grow larger, rising into a rigid escarpment that runs a line more or less east-to-west. Beyond on the plateau you can make out the vague bulges of mountains in the far, far distance. The landscape below the escarpment is a mixture of rocky outcrops like the one you stand upon - only far larger - and a few scattered mesas. In between the land seems to be a mixture of flatlands and gullies, perhaps long-dry creekbeds. Or roads? This expanse would take several days to cross. In the northwest, along one of those flatter piece of ground there seems to be a large beast - large enough to spot easily at this distance - shuffling along. A quadruped, you can almost hear each step it makes.

To the west across the blistering landscape are more folds in the earth, more rocky promontories, more mesas, and two deep-gouged valleys running through the rocks. There, at the farthest extent of the one you can see most clearly lies some sort of oasis. There is ample greenery there, growing into, around, and sprouting from the rocky hills there. It... is possible to get there, but the terrain - fractured and jagged as it is - would require a careful descent and hard travel. Depending on what the terrain is hiding out of sight, it would take several days to reach the oasis. Small creatures - bugs, lizards, the occasional bird - flits into and out of your field of vision.

South of you, the ridge you've climbed to this point seems to continue on for a half day's travel, then seems to drop down the lowlands along the coast. There's a dip in the skyline there which shows the beach wraps around this ridge from the east, curving west and south into less red soils. And... are those trees? There, at the end of the ridge where the stony shelf folds into the soil below, there might be a small copse of honest-to-goodness trees there. And there are creatures there. Several of them, bipeds, down on the flatlands. Possibly humanoid?
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 3:44 pm

perception 9 for hearing/smelling
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 3:54 pm

I relay the information to the others. "The tower is the only man made thing I see...other than that, only nature to be explored" I look down at Oridrys and Taryn and ask "Do you know this land, Face Smacker?"

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Wed May 10, 2017 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:35 pm