Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 3:55 pm

A'mryl wrote:perception 9 for hearing/smelling

The wind off the sea ebbs, and you hear a faint screech - that of some beast - to the south.

Tolr'ax wrote:] relay the information to the others. "The tower is the only man made thing I see...other than that, only nature to be explored" I look down at Oridrys and Taryn and ask "Do you know this land,  Face Smacker?"

She shakes her head as she too looks around from the ground.
    Dook
    Dook

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Dook Wed May 10, 2017 4:30 pm

"Tolr'ax, you said you might have seen a human-like creature to the south? Could that be our best bet to find some answers?"

I look at Oridrys as I wait on an answer. I cross my arms and lean back on the rock "So what about you Oridrys, what troubles are you leaving behind?" I speak in Celestian.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 4:37 pm

"I think the ship would be worth looking into, I want find the bastards that did this. It may also provide shelter, again this open area makes me anxious."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 4:55 pm

"Pocket Patter, the ship is on the way to the tower, we shall head that way." I start moving that way.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 5:01 pm

I follow Tolr'ax, hesitantly. I'm sure Olo will not be far behind me. We don't venture far from one another, but I'm unsure of myself without her about me.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 5:10 pm

I pause for a moment before continuing and say sternly, "If you wish to follow, I will not stop you, but you all will have to do your part. I will not protect you from danger. Your lives matter not to me. Numbers will help us find somewhere safer than this beach, but if you become close to death, you were not strong enough to live." I pull out a pickle and take a bite and start walking.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed May 10, 2017 5:21 pm

I nod my head toward Tolr'ax in agreeing to his words. "To the ship it is. It might hold more answers to this predicament we are in." I follow closely beside him to ensure that I'm on board with his perspective. But I feel he cares more than he let's on.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 6:12 pm

"Heh, this may prove to be exciting after all." I say as I prepare my equipment and route my path. "I will run ahead and check the area, stay aware, and watch yourselves.." I sprint off towards the ship.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 10, 2017 6:17 pm

"We won't bury your corpse if you should die." I yell to Jamros as he sprints away. I turn to the others and say "I do not trust the Pocket Patter. Watch yourselves around him."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed May 10, 2017 6:57 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"We won't bury your corpse if you should die." I yell to Jamros as he sprints away. I turn to the others and say "I do not trust the Pocket Patter. Watch yourselves around him."

"You might not trust him, but that thrashing that elf gave him was quite entertaining" , I laugh "Jamros can be more entertaining, but I agree. Keep your belongings close."
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed May 10, 2017 7:57 pm

What are these little cactus And tuber like things? Maybe that can provide sussinance on our journey.

Survival roll 22
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 10:37 pm

Dook wrote:"Tolr'ax, you said you might have seen a human-like creature to the south? Could that be our best bet to find some answers?"

I look at Oridrys as I wait on an answer. I cross my arms and lean back on the rock "So what about you Oridrys, what troubles are you leaving behind?" I speak in Celestian.

In lieu of answering she says, "It's the troubles ahead I'm more concerned with at the moment.

Dook wrote:I nod my head toward Tolr'ax in agreeing to his words. "To the ship it is. It might hold more answers to this predicament we are in." I follow closely beside him to ensure that I'm on board with his perspective. But I feel he cares more than he let's on.

Oridrys stops you, pointing now in the direction Tolr'ax places the ship. "See that line of rocks - how traversable do you think those jagged slopes to be? Is the wreck worth risking it? I'm in agreement that there may indeed be clues, but I don't trust that terrain." She looks into your eyes, "Do you?"

A'mryl wrote:What are these little cactus And tuber like things? Maybe that can provide sussinance on our journey.

Survival roll 22

While not tasty, they are suitable for eating. With little in the way of foodstuffs from the ship, these will go a long way towards feeding your party. And there seems to be plenty in the area, of you look well enough.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 11:42 pm

I keep moving along towards the ship, I take in my surroundings and study the terrain, and keep an eye out for anything out of place that could mean trouble. My pace is brisk but cautious. (Perception 14)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 8:36 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I keep moving along towards the ship, I take in my surroundings and study the terrain, and keep an eye out for anything out of place that could mean trouble. My pace is brisk but cautious. (Perception 14)

Are you stealthing?
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu May 11, 2017 9:29 am

Yes, if it's possible to stay put of sight I do so.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu May 11, 2017 9:30 am

Stealth 16
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 9:59 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Stealth 16

You're a sneaky bastard. The terrain here is still relatively open, but there is enough scrub, stones, and rolling hills to limit skylining yourself. You advance ~100 feet ahead of the others, presuming they all follow.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu May 11, 2017 11:46 am

I try to determine the time of day and how long until nightfall, I then continue forward to find the wreckage, staying hidden.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Thu May 11, 2017 12:06 pm

I will put some cacti in my pouch. As we walk along I will speak with the raven (forest gnome) and see if he can tell me if the bipeds are in fact humanoid
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 12:53 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I try to determine the time of day and how long until nightfall, I then continue forward to find the wreckage, staying hidden.

The sun is not yet to its zenith. You have several hours of daylight left.

Olo wrote:I will put some cacti in my pouch. As we walk along I will speak with the raven (forest gnome) and see if he can tell me if the bipeds are in fact humanoid

(Hmm... roll me a Wisdom Animal Handling check)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu May 11, 2017 12:53 pm

I pull out another pickle and start chewing on it. "We need to find meat soon. These green sticks and roots will not fill Tolr'ax for long." I begin looking for small prey (15 Survival)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu May 11, 2017 12:54 pm

I look into Oridrys's eyes and see the sincereness in her words. I relay the information that to the group that is still around (aka everyone but Jamros)... "The terrain would not be a problem for me, I am confident in my abilities to traverse, but there are more survivors at the beach still. Also, darkness could be falling soon and would inhibit most of us. It could be foolish to head out now. We honestly should make camp, have our fill of food and make a solid plan. When we are rest and energy full, we would be more efficient."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 12:57 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I pull out another pickle and start chewing on it. "We need to find meat soon. These green sticks and roots will not fill Tolr'ax for long." I begin looking for small prey (15 Survival)

There are ample critters about. Anything from desert finch to horned lizards, even scorpions if you want to try your luck.

Dook wrote:I look into Oridrys's eyes and see the sincereness in her words. I relay the information that to the group that is still around (aka everyone but Jamros)... "The terrain would not be a problem for me, I am confident in my abilities to traverse, but there are more survivors at the beach still. Also, darkness could be falling soon and would inhibit most of us. It could be foolish to head out now. We honestly should make camp, have our fill of food and make a solid plan. When we are rest and energy full, we would be more efficient."

Oridrys pats your arm with perhaps more familiarity than she should.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Thu May 11, 2017 12:59 pm

Dook, I have more than adequate vision in darkness. No need to worry with the day. Let us find protection from the sun, night will be safer and more tolerable to travel.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu May 11, 2017 1:05 pm

"Taryn, what says you on the situation? ThoughThoughts concerns, growling of the stomach?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:04 pm