Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:39 pm

Hmm, I wonder if we could use those orcs to our advantage.."What if we could stir up that army down there, perhaps it would draw the Snakes' attention."
    Dook
    Dook

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 25 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Dook Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 pm

"I like the way you think Jammers. It would be advantageous for us if all parties are distracted. Now the question is, how would we execute this idea? I say make a preemptive attack to make a ruckus! We could make a make shift molatov that will cause fire and smoke to attract the snakes to the orcs."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:04 pm

"That's...actually what I was thinking. I have a flask of oil, if you have some cloth, stuff it in here, light it and I'll throw. Stay down and move once I do." I get everything prepared with Dook, and get ready excitedly.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:08 pm

I hand over the cloth with excitement in my eyes. I feel like a young pup playing with fireworks! I watch him make the makeshift vial of destruction and ready myself to make a move.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:14 pm

"This will either work, or look real stupid...let's find out." I grin as tie the cloth to the flask with string, part of it soaking in the oil, the other end I light and throw towards a camp down below.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:15 pm

"Hopefully the latter will happen." I smile as I watch the flask flies.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:39 pm

"No! What are you doing?!" *I watch the flames soar into the air* "May the gods you know have mercy on you. You have put us all in grave danger."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"HAHA, good choice, my little companion!" I follow him up the ramp. My blood-lust noticeably plastered on my face. "I hope we can fight something soon. I grow bored of trekking around these tunnels."  

Eiznof 'huffs' audibly. "Mister T, think you can maybe cool it a bit? I ain't exactly looking to start fights I don't want." You both exit the ramp onto another terrace. Looking up, down, all around, there are dozens of these things. To the north and west, the farther away you look, the more of those humanoids there are, most of which are clustered in the city-scape overlooking the Orc camp. You can even make out fighting down on the two major causeways into the city. The orcs, clearly, are trying to get in. And the humanoids, whatever they are, are clearly not interested in that option.

Dook wrote:I take in the scenery one last time then follow the sneaky bastard and the grizzled kobold towards the ramp. I throw my hood over my head covering it. I can't wait to find a pub and some decent food, I think to myself. Can't die in a place like this, got to have the taste of some mead before I let that happen.

Your tummy growls and your nascent alcoholism is already nagging at your subconscious. The Kobold's head is starting to look a little like a tankard. Full of tasty, rich Dwarven ale.

You then realize that's ridiculous and do a good job of not tripping over your typically clumsy feet. At one point, just shy of the nearest ramp, Kip stops and turns to check on your party. He is startled to find you, slipping up so silently, within 4 inches of his draconic nose. After a start, he nods. "Angelface. You sneaky. But get off Kip's tail, eh?" As if to punctuate that, his tail whips past your face, and he moves on.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Tell me Kip, how easy is it to drop a Snake without others knowing? The less there are, the more chance we have of traversing this city without notice." I say as my hands itch to wield my new blade.

Dook wrote:"Would it be unwise to pick a fight with these "Snakes"? Asking Kip.

"Depends on the Snake. Them that looks like you, they fall easy enough. Them that don't, the true-blood Snakes... they, ah... hmm." He stops again, and looks at you, deadly serious. "One of their she-beast Snakes got into my clan's tunnels once." He pauses. You don't know dragon faces, but the emotion is so plain on his that you can't miss it. "I'm the last of my people. They all died that night." And he moves on much farther ahead without another word. In the fading light, he's just a shadow amongst shadows.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Hmm, I wonder if we could use those orcs to our advantage.."What if we could stir up that army down there, perhaps it would draw the Snakes' attention."

Dook wrote:"I like the way you think Jammers. It would be advantageous for us if all parties are distracted. Now the question is, how would we execute this idea? I say make a preemptive attack to make a ruckus! We could make a make shift molatov that will cause fire and smoke to attract the snakes to the orcs."

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"That's...actually what I was thinking. I have a flask of oil, if you have some cloth, stuff it in here, light it and I'll throw. Stay down and move once I do." I get everything prepared with Dook, and get ready excitedly.

Dook wrote:I hand over the cloth with excitement in my eyes. I feel like a young pup playing with fireworks! I watch him make the makeshift vial of destruction and ready myself to make a move.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"This will either work, or look real stupid...let's find out." I grin as tie the cloth to the flask with string, part of it soaking in the oil, the other end I light and throw towards a camp down below.

Dook wrote:"Hopefully the latter will happen." I smile as I watch the flask flies.

...alright.
    You make a super nice *Molotov cocktail. Even though in this world no such person exists. Goddamn Nazi.
    You strike a flame super easily. The cloth lights, and the bottle is thrown really rather well. It fucking soars.
    Perhaps in the dimming light, with the vast and sprawling vistas, you failed to realize the distance to yon Orc camp.
    It's over a mile away. So while your nice pitch takes the vessel well out over the cliffside, it falls short by, oh... about several hundred yards.
    It smashes down in the dusty sands somewhere. The small amount of flame that does flare up dies within seconds, or is obscured from view.

A'mryl wrote:"No! What are you doing?!" *I watch the flames soar into the air* "May the gods you know have mercy on you. You have put us all in grave danger."

Luckily, with the commotion over at the Causeways, no one notices. No one over the other side of the city, anyway.

Kipjang springs from the darkness, a steel-studded gauntlet smashing into Dook's face, sending him sprawling.
    Before he can blink, Dook feels a sudden white-hot pain in his unmentionables and folds to the ground with a whimper.
    The Kobold, with teeth bared, raises a blade gleaming red in the sunset light. "Do. Not. Do. That."

"Perfectamundo! I was beginning to think you were dead meat." Eiznof pops up out of the nearest ramp and smiles, even in the darkening light his pearly perfect teeth shine, and his unmistakable eyebrow nudges for the ladies. "Oh, and Trollcakes his here, too." He points to Tolr'ax just a few steps behind him.

FAMILY REUNION!
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:41 pm

"Well..what a waste..sorry I let excitement get the best of me. A major flaw of mine, it won't happen again." I give Dook a hand up, "Yeeaaa, he hits hard." I look at Eiznof and Tolr'ax, "Ah! This just got better, good to see you weren't beetle food. Find anythinginteresting on your path?" I move forward, embarrassed but luckily not regretful of that incident.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm

*I'm glad to see thr punch and the return of our friends* "Jamros, perhaps its time for you to take your stealth to your advantage and venture out in the direction that Kip has indicated we are going."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:28 pm

*rub my face and gain my composure.* I deserved that...probably. "I'm excited to see friends among the wretched darkness in this place. Anything exciting happen on your venture?"
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:54 pm

I make a bomb exploding motion with my hands and quietly mouth "boom!".........I turn towards Tolr'ax and nod in greeting
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:16 pm

"I figured you all dead!" I smile, clearly glad to see my companions. "I see that the little one and his aunt are not with you....the magic door has returned...she is most likely gone. The ants, we killed a few more, they got into the tunnels. They might have gotten to them...." I look to Dook, "I am sorry my horny friend, but she might be dead.."

I then notice Kip. "What in blazes is that? A new friend?! I bend down to greet him with a big smile at the sight of a new friend. "and where did you come from?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:35 pm

"Yeah yeah, maybe it's better this way. No distractions as we, you know, adventure." I come up and nod my head in a way I'm glad he is back with us "This is Kip, he is a kobald... (I continue and fill him in on everything up to this point.)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:02 pm

Kip stares at the Behemoth in front of him, face impassive. "You... came from there? That is where we need to go. You saw only ants?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 pm

"Yes, Tiny Dragon, only ants. Dead ones now. We followed their path to here. So there may be more around." I look at Kip. "So there is a town in this Mountain? Hot food? Do you have a blacksmith? My blade is a bit damaged and needs repair."

My eyes widen and a dumb hope plastered on my face. "ALE?" A bit of drool drips from my lip.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:45 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Yes, Tiny Dragon, only ants. Dead ones now. We followed their path to here. So there may be more around." I look at Kip. "So there is a town in this Mountain? Hot food? Do you have a blacksmith? My blade is a bit damaged and needs repair."

My eyes widen and a dumb hope plastered on my face. "ALE?" A bit of drool drips from my lip.

"After. We go back where you came. There is a temple." Kip looks vaguely excited. "We go, all of us, down here." And he scuttles off down the ramp, rounding down into the tunnels from which Tolr'ax and Eiznof came.

Eiznof pipes up. "Smith? I have some tinker tools. I can fix anything. Ey! Man, that little lizard dude is fast." Eiznof follows, pulling various files and things from his pack.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:51 pm

I hand my giant sword to Eiznof. (It is roughly as tall as him and half as thick)
    "I would be very grateful if you could fix what the bug did"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:52 pm

"Well...tally hoe!" Says I. I follow them down from which they went.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I hand my giant sword to Eiznof. (It is roughly as tall as him and half as thick)
    "I would be very grateful if you could fix what the bug did"

Roll 16. "Ey, looks pretty good!" Loses -1. "That's one more thing you owe me."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:19 pm

I'm sure my debt to you will even out by the end of our journey, Tinkerer.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 pm

"Always nice when the path is made easy, thanks Tolr'ax and Eiznof. Let's go then, he mentioned a temple. Perhaps the one where the elves' friend is." I hurry down the tunnel with Kip
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:50 am

"Lets be off then" I take a moment to look at the view, take it in. "Reminds me of the view from my home...you can see everything."

I follow the others back the way we came.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:23 pm

MOVING ALONG

You all arrive back down the ramp-to-interior tunnels rather quickly. With the light failing outside, none of the critters above noticed you - so far as you know - and enjoy catching up on events while you were apart. Tolr'ax (and Eiznof) destroying the Antfolk again, and the tall tale told by Abraxes. By the time you arrive to the scene where Tolr'ax (and Eiznof, he keeps having to interject) defeated the Antfolk, you are all thoroughly informed on one another's particulars.

Yay.

Now, here you are. The tunnels you came down leading north. The tunnels that lead back to the Cathedral to the west. This is as far as Tolr'ax (and Eiznof!) progressed before heading to the surface.

The chamber from your vantage point extends to the east into a larger corridor of shadows, south perhaps another 40 feet with what appears to be a store room, and a passage on the right-hand wall that descends deeper into the complex. A small rivulet of water dripping from above runs down this corridor.

Kipjang walks over to it with clear trepidation. "Here. We follow the water." He turns to you. "If it breathes, kill it." And off he goes down into the dark.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:11 am

I turn to my fellow adventurers, "How does one kill breathing water?" I smile at my joke, and follow into the darkness with my newly honed and sharpened sword at the ready.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:23 am