Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:40 pm

"That seems like a good idea, still though, where did these bugs come from if that slab was blocking the entrance?" I pick up 2 beetles and make my way to the other end of the room to search for another pathway.
    Dook
    Dook

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Dook Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:46 pm

I look at Orydis and I sir next to her. I cross my legs and place my hands on my knees and begin to meditate to calm my nerves and steady my thoughts. Deep breaths.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:08 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"That seems like a good idea, still though, where did these bugs come from if that slab was blocking the entrance?" I pick up 2 beetles and make my way to the other end of the room to search for another pathway.

They squirm and writhe and try to claw you to get free.

Dook wrote:I look at Orydis and I sir next to her. I cross my legs and place my hands on my knees and begin to meditate to calm my nerves and steady my thoughts. Deep breaths.

Deep Thoughts.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Annoyed with the creatures I drop them, "I will use my lantern if light is needed, these bugs are not worth killing for a small light, I don't enjoy disrupting nature anyways when it's unnecessary." I continue between the pillars towards the other end of the room.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:48 pm

*I take two beetles, rip the heads off of them, stuff them in my pack and continue to investigate the area to a trail to continue on*
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:13 pm

Orange Dots = Lantern Beetles
    Red = Tunnel entrance
    Black are the columns and walls and what you can see. Thanks to the lantern bugs, you can see multiple off-shoots from this chamber. As well as two alcoves on the far side.

The room appears to be largely free of rubble or rubbish, though it is clearly lived in with these beetles.

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 14 Cathed10
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:27 pm

I go to the investigate the alcoves.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:34 pm

I wonder aloud "the door disappears but when does it reappear...." To everybody "I think it best if we don't get too separated. A'mryl my friend, I see several openings. Perhaps together we can peer down them to find us a way out"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:43 pm

"Let us look down the first tunnel on the left." (Investigate)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:47 pm

*still meditating with Orydis*
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:41 pm

"Agreed Olo, we must get an idea of where we are and are still pressed for time, but perhaps this room holds a clue for the best path. I will check the two rounded areas over here."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:49 pm

I take several of the bugs (11) and pinch their heads. One of them I hold and ask "Dark One, you know of these creatures? Are they a source of food as well as light?"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:10 am

"They are not poisonous, if you desire to eat them. However, I cannot guarantee their taste."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:10 am

"I will test it haha! Possibly light and food! What a glorious creature" I chew one up and swallow it.

I hold one up to Taryn. "Young One, would you like a bite?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:10 am

"Tolr'ax, why not give the young man some real food." I toss him a half-day's ration from my pack. "Take half and give some to Taryn, "looking at the boy, and apology for when we first met, and for helping with the magic door."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:00 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I go to the investigate the alcoves.

19 Investigation

The one to the north - pretty sure it's north, anyway, hard to tell underground - is a simple semi-circle enclave. The walls here, as with the columns, show some slight ornamentation, but nothing absurdly intricate. The walls have been colored somewhat, though it's faded and dusty. There are benches along the walls, simple stone, and above these benches are small busts of faces unknown to you. They have clear Elvish features, however, though different from the Elves you know. Below these faces are small plaque-like altars. Simple short flat ledges, about a foot long, and a few inches wide. There are little baubles, a few coins, dried out flowers or herbs or somesuch scattered along the various altars. There are 12 busts, 12 altars. In the centermost point of the back, there is a huge full statue, not just a bust. It is more than life-sized, rising near 14 feet high. It is in amazing detail compared to the others. The figure, with an intricate clothing, and arms outstretched, one holding a lantern, one a spear, is formed from the wall itself, but as though stepping from it. In front of this statues is an altar upon the ground, the size of a small bed.

The southern alcove is an armory, pure and simple. All manner of weapons, though there are far more spears, curved axes-that-look-like-swords, and javelins than anything else, though there are a few bows, quivers, and so forth. All are bronze. Not one piece of iron among them. The wooden hafts are all dried out to the point of brittleness, and some have crumbled to near dust.

The armor, such as it is, seems to be mostly comprised of leather-bound bronze studs or discs or scales. The leather, too, has dried to the point of disintegrating. A few solid pieces, like helmets or breastplates, hang along the wall, equally covered in dust. Again, all bronze, no iron.

A'mryl wrote:"Let us look down the first tunnel on the left." (Investigate)

It is an uneven corridor, also accommodating plenty of lantern bugs. It cuts at an angle to the left, then back to the right out of sight. Along the way there seem to be a couple of rooms on both sides. It is more of the same. Simply fashioned stone walls, dusty floors, and stale air.

Dook wrote:*still meditating with Orydis*

It is quiet except for your breathing. Yet her perfume fills your nostrils. Your zen is elusive, and your meditation largely broken.

Tolr'ax wrote:"I will test it haha! Possibly light and food! What a glorious creature" I chew one up and swallow it.

I hold one up to Taryn. "Young One, would you like a bite?"

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Tolr'ax, why not give the young man some real food." I toss him a half-day's ration from my pack. "Take half and give some to Taryn, "looking at the boy, and apology for when we first met, and for helping with the magic door."

The young man merely nods and takes a bite. He doesn't seem to want to explore overmuch, though isn't wandering back to Oridrys. Indeed, he seems to be sticking close to you.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:08 am

"Exotic food is better than dried rations, Pocket Patter. Tolr'ax tries all new foods while on his travels. But the Young One can eat what he wishes." I go over to the armory and look around to see if any of the armor has any salvageable hardware (studs, rivets, buckles) and to see if any of the weapons are usable, especially focusing on the javelins.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:10 am

I grab the leather armor, "Perhaps this could be restored.." I say to myself and put it in my pack, "we seem to be in some type of ancient temple..." I relay the rest of the info to the others, "weapons and armor if any of you are interested."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:12 am

I also want to move to the large statue and see if I can recognize the race it is portraying.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:26 am

"It's simply best to keep strength up goliath, but you do you. Do you recognize this shrine? It's elven but obscure from anything I know of. (If there is any kind of bronze shortsword or dagger I want to grab one)
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:30 am

*I hear Jamros talking about the shrine, I walk over and consider it (investigate)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:43 pm

"I suggest we rest here for a short time. Gather our strength, tend to our wounds, we are out of the sand and heat. I wonder how your Aunt and Air Kicker are fairing...I will go and check on them...Young One, would you like to accompany me?" I look to Taryn and smile and hold out my hand.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:56 pm

I slightly grin at the smell that feels my nostrils. My mind wonders and imagine thoughts NSFW. I then think to myself, Father would be disappointed with me, but Mother would laugh and smile at her child's immaturity. It feels me with happiness imagining her smile. I miss my mother, hope she fairs well in the after life. Tears fills my eyes.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Exotic food is better than dried rations, Pocket Patter. Tolr'ax tries all new foods while on his travels. But the Young One can eat what he wishes." I go over to the armory and look around to see if any of the armor has any salvageable hardware (studs, rivets, buckles) and to see if any of the weapons are usable, especially focusing on the javelins.

The metal is fine. The wooden hafts and leather all come to pieces as you touch them.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I grab the leather armor, "Perhaps this could be restored.." I say to myself and put it in my pack, "we seem to be in some type of ancient temple..." I relay the rest of the info to the others, "weapons and armor if any of you are interested."

The leather rips apart immediately, sloughing to the ground in an unquiet heap.

Tolr'ax wrote:I also want to move to the large statue and see if I can recognize the race it is portraying.

You do not. It is an elf. To you, elves all look alike - small and frail.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"It's simply best to keep strength up goliath, but you do you. Do you recognize this shrine? It's elven but obscure from anything I know of. (If there is any kind of bronze shortsword or dagger I want to grab one)

Sure, there's a dagger. Enjoy.

A'mryl wrote:*I hear Jamros talking about the shrine, I walk over and consider it (investigate)

It is a statue, as described. Large, imposing with outstretched arms in a stance of authority. Androgynous, like most things Elven. You discern little else. Was there something specific you were looking for?

Tolr'ax wrote:"I suggest we rest here for a short time. Gather our strength, tend to our wounds, we are out of the sand and heat. I wonder how your Aunt and Air Kicker are fairing...I will go and check on them...Young One, would you like to accompany me?" I look to Taryn and smile and hold out my hand.

Taryn steps back from your hand. "Nah. I'm good here." He shuffles over to the weapons and pulls out one of the sword-axe-things, looking at it in some measure of awe.

Dook wrote:I slightly grin at the smell that feels my nostrils. My mind wonders and imagine thoughts NSFW. I then think to myself, Father would be disappointed with me, but Mother would laugh and smile at her child's immaturity. It feels me with happiness imagining her smile. I miss my mother, hope she fairs well in the after life. Tears fills my eyes.

Why your randy thoughts lead to your mother, Oridrys will never understand. Were there an Oedipus in this world, you'd have a complex.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:03 pm

*I just was checking to see if there was anything I may have recognized... Being an elf race I knew or had read about.*

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 11:20 pm