Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:46 pm

*In Giant* "This guy, right here, too infatuated with the elf girl. Can't even kick a bug! Wants to do all this acrobatic shit and falls on his face, damn this guy. Cant speak a phrase right"
    I glare are Dook, brow furled and frowning. *In common* "Good job, Air Kicker"
    Dook
    Dook

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 13 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Dook Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:*In Giant* "This guy, right here, too infatuated with the elf girl. Can't even kick a bug! Wants to do all this acrobatic shit and falls on his face, damn this guy. Cant speak a phrase right"
    I glare are Dook, brow furled and frowning. *In common* "Good job, Air Kicker"

The barbarian can't really hide his feelings with his grumpling, intent glare, and frown. I can tell that he is frustrated with my performance. I think to myself that I need to prove myself to this barbarian. I need to gain some respect from him because I will not be looked down at. Without looking at him I say "Thanks." I pull my hood further over my face.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:07 pm

I smile a big grin, crooked teeth showing. "What is the plan to get the other out of her bubble safely?" I say as I watch the door react.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:05 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I smile a big grin, crooked teeth showing. "What is the plan to get the other out of her bubble safely?" I say as I watch the door react.

"I can use my increased speed and my Step of the Wind technique to make a quick escape." Throwing out a suggestion.

*Troyer check to see if that's a thing*
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:29 pm

The celestial script glows.
    The central elvish 3 glows.
    The entire slab...
    It slab vanishes.
    No grinding, rolling, squeaking. Just... Gone.

What you all now see is a tunnel behind what was the slab. It is about 15 feet wide and stretches about 40feet into the distance.

Otherwise, the hall is clear, the stone even somewhat polished.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:40 pm

"A'mryl, what do your​ elf eyes see?" (Ha!)
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:51 am

I look down the hallway to see if there is anything significant about these smooth, nearly perfectly polished stones. (Precep)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:57 am

"Scout ahead, Pocket Patter and Dark One. Air Kicker, I am sure you want to check on the Elf" I bend down to Taryn "What language did you speak, Little One?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:01 pm

"Alright, I see how Orydis is doing and let me know when a plan is made. If we need to make a quick escape, I can use my techniques to carry her out swiftly away from the bubble." I walk back towards where the elf is.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:42 pm

"Do not begin giving orders now Tolr'ax, if you had taken this situation seriously we would not have to make this quick escape. Regardless I will go, but before I do, can anyone detect magical defenses? It is not wise to step forward into the unknown behind what was a magic barrier."
    eiznof

Post by eiznof Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:36 pm

I cast detect magic. Will detect if something is within 30 feet of me "Whoa this is spooky, slate disappearing? I'm not scouting. So if there's magic it better be within 30 feet cuz someone else is going to need to go ahead to see further."
    I'm also rolling investigate to see if any of this vanishing slate is left over.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:04 pm

eiznof wrote:I cast detect magic. Will detect if something is within 30 feet of me "Whoa this is spooky, slate disappearing? I'm not scouting. So if there's magic it better be within 30 feet cuz someone else is going to need to go ahead to see further."
    I'm also rolling investigate to see if any of this vanishing slate is left over.
    "No worries, I suspect there will be much worse past that, but behind us isn't anything worth staying for either, so whether or not I scout ahead, you probably shouldn't fall far behind me." I prepare myself and wait for his spell to take caution if needed.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:21 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Do not begin giving orders now Tolr'ax, if you had taken this situation seriously we would not have to make this quick escape. Regardless I will go, but before I do, can anyone detect magical defenses? It is not wise to step forward into the unknown behind what was a magic barrier."

I stare at this small Half-Elf and get right up in his face. "Shall I say it again, Pocket Patter? Scout ahead, run back if anything threatens you and Tolr'ax will take care of it. I see no one else offering any course of action." I say with stern force and no smile. A vein starting to pop on my forehead, clearly frustrated with everything that has happened.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 am

I look at Tolr'ax dead in the eyes without flinching, "I will repeat myself as well, YOU DO NOT GIVE ORDERS. You need to earn respect, we are not your clan. We will wait for Eiznof to search for magic, and then I will do my work. Until then I suggest you get out of my face a stand down." (Intimidate)
    eiznof

Post by eiznof Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:16 pm

"everyone needs to calm down and sit on it."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:00 am

Olo wrote:"A'mryl, what do your​ elf eyes see?" (Ha!)

(I see what you did there)
    Spoiler:

A'mryl wrote:I look down the hallway to see if there is anything significant about these smooth, nearly perfectly polished stones. (Precep)

They are polished by a civilized hand. Or a powerful magic. Maybe both. The texture is smooth and uniform, though shows some minor wear from the ages. No telling how long it's been here, and the amount of sand on this side of the slab is minimal. Almost as if only the minuscule dust from the stone itself had drifted down over the years. There are no tracks in said dust upon the ground. There is nothing ornate, no coloration that you can discern. Merely a cave-turned-serviceable tunnel.

Your Drow eyes can see the end of the hallway opens into a larger chamber. Mostly everything just smells... stale. As if untouched for a long, long time.

Tolr'ax wrote:I bend down to Taryn "What language did you speak, Little One?"

He looks at you blankly, eyes wide as saucers, unseeing. He mutters something about the ancients, then shakes himself and recognition comes to his eyes. "Uh, it's an old, obscure thing. I, um, I read a book on it once..." he trails off, and about this time the Half Elf yells at you for being a bully, and you forget all about Taryn.

Dook wrote:"Alright, I see how Orydis is doing and let me know when a plan is made. If we need to make a quick escape, I can use my techniques to carry her out swiftly away from the bubble." I walk back towards where the elf is.

She's sitting where you left her, eyes closed in what might be meditation. Elves rest in a Trance. Maybe that's it. Her magical bubble is still there, though the opacity has waned a bit, giving a foggy vision of the exterior. There's still movement, but the not-thuds against the shell have all but halted.

eiznof wrote:I cast detect magic. Will detect if something is within 30 feet of me "Whoa this is spooky, slate disappearing? I'm not scouting. So if there's magic it better be within 30 feet cuz someone else is going to need to go ahead to see further."

The hall is 40 feet, and your magic tells you that there is no other magic for the first 30 feet of the tunnel.
    There is not a trace of the magical door slab. It is simply gone.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:43 am

I look over to the others and let out a sigh, "Let's just go, I'm ready to be done with this land." I step away from Tolr'ax and begin moving through the tunnel, staying low and stealthy, "Stay light on your feet and focused." I tell the others and move forward, holding my lantern in front of me.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:54 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I look over to the others and let out a sigh, "Let's just go, I'm ready to be done with this land." I step away from Tolr'ax and begin moving through the tunnel, staying low and stealthy, "Stay light on your feet and focused." I tell the others and move forward, holding my lantern in front of me.

22 Stealth. You're one sneaky bastard. You step through the short tunnel and arrive into a large chamber, approximately 200 feet long and 70 feet wide. You can tell this, even in the dark, because there are objects up ahead scattered all over the damn place giving off a soft orange-y glow. Each object casts the soft light in a 20 foot radius, and there are hundreds of such lights. So just about the entire chamber has a soft glow to it. The ceiling is about 40 feet up or more, and dotted down the length of the room are several columns running the length of the room. Each column is about 8 feet thick.

There does not appear to be any sign of life.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:08 am

I take my tattered travelers clothes and put on the pants. Offering Olo's sock back to her.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:22 am

Tolr'ax wrote:I take my tattered travelers clothes and put on the pants. Offering Olo's sock back to her.

Yes, it is much cooler underground. The sock no longer fits.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:36 am

Looking back I wave the group to come through, and make my way into the chamber, I put my lantern away and make my way over to the closest orange objects and investigate it.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:55 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Looking back I wave the group to come through, and make my way into the chamber, I put my lantern away and make my way over to the closest orange objects and investigate it.

3 Investigate. It's a bug and it's belly glows. It's about 8 inches long.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:26 pm

Following the Jamros' lead, I walk into the cavern and also investigate these strange orange lights/bugs
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:03 pm

A'mryl wrote:Following the Jamros' lead, I walk into the cavern and also investigate these strange orange lights/bugs

21 Investigation

These are a variant of a beetle you're actually somewhat familiar with from the Underdark. In all other respects, they are simple beetles and largely docile. They are herbivores and typically feed off of fungus, lichen, and the like. To your knowledge, they are not poisonous. Indeed, beyond being meals for larger creatures, they are known only for their lantern-like bellies. Indeed, they are highly prized by miners and other travelers of the Underdark. The thorax of a lantern beetle continues to glow, after being severed from the body, for several days.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:32 pm

"I know of these beetles, or similarly enough. Everyone should take,it,upon themselves to grab a clutch of them. It may provide useful if we should become separated. I know the goliath dislikes the dark..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:38 pm