Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

5 posters

Brethren of Grath - OOC

Oxander
    Oxander

Brethren of Grath - OOC - Page 3 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - OOC

Post by Oxander Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:16 pm

Hello?
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 am

Raakz & Gordy are leveled up. Nothing special. Except INFUSIONS! Artificers are strange critters, but I think it fits Raakz very well, all other D&D options considered.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:03 pm

For the record, I think Raakz is an asshole, too. I'm just his scribe and translator.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:19 pm

I mean, he is Rick Sanchez, who is an asshole to the nth degree.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:26 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I mean, he is Rick Sanchez, who is an asshole to the nth degree.

The funny thing? I didn't intentionally come up with a name like Raakz to sound like Rick. I just googled "Goblin names" and saw a lot had double vowels, rs, ks and zs. So there ya go.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:51 pm

You're character chart doesn't say anything about Raakz skin color, only Gordy's, so I assumed he was green, since you know, he's a goblin. What is his skin color?
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:02 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:You're character chart doesn't say anything about Raakz skin color, only Gordy's, so I assumed he was green, since you know, he's a goblin. What is his skin color?

No worries. D&D goblins aren't your Warhammer style greenskins. I believe I described him as having "dusky skin." So bronze-y skinned.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:23 am

Ah, cool. I've never played before so I'm still figuring it out as I go.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:46 am

Hey fellas, a couple things I've been wanting to say.

Faceless voices on the internet and black and white words lose their nuance, so it's really easy to see this person and immediately identify them as a piece of shit. It doesn't take much to be misunderstood, or miss something in the tone and lose something in the translation.

For example, Raakz is a dick. And there's nothing lost in the translation there. He is a dick. You all know the inspiration there, but at the same time, Rick Sanchez isn't a team player. D&D is by necessity a team game. So I'm trying on my end to sorta... temper that attitude. Once I get a character in my head, it resists, but just know that I'll be self-aware and tone down his in-your-face shit.

Secondly, and it's been bothering me since I first brought it up Zylo's Race and was summarily rebuffed. When I comment on something about your class/race/whatever, it's not me trying to undermine you, question your abilities, or any of that. But I'm attentive to detail, so if something seems strange or weird or incomprehensible to me, then I'm asking so that I might better understand it. And if there's more to it than simple misunderstanding, then there could be a dialogue so that all might better understand moving forward.

But my asking, especially on homebrew content, is so that it's clearer for all. Hell, I played a bard for 9 levels before a friend explained something about them I didn't know, and it helped tremendously. That's why I mention it. And it's the same for newer players too. I am *not* lording anything over you; I'm offering an outside viewpoint and experience. The important thing is fun, of course, but clarity helps, too! Please don't think me a jerk when I do so.

Like now!

Zylo, you've got a lot of your werewolf stuff on there (got a link for that race?), but not much at all of your Pugilist class. So I was curious and went looking. Because it's homebrew, there's obviously a bunch of versions out there. So here's what I found. It's worth the read, I think.

Old Pugilist Version: https://imgur.com/gallery/DhsCvdO
    Discussion of Pugilist: https://www.reddit.com/r/DnD/comments/6moyfs/5e_pugilist_homebrew_class_balanced/
    New (free) Pugilist Version: https://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1494/22/1494225938820.pdf
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:59 am

Moo.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:01 am

Don't forget you guys are Blessed
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:02 pm

Other than finalizing prepared spells, I think Raakz and Gordy are ready.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon May 04, 2020 5:02 pm

Hey guys, I added a map for Grathport in the almanac. You should be able to find it.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue May 26, 2020 11:44 am

Yo!

Seeing as how we're going into a little quest, make sure your sheet is updated for Level 3.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:54 am