Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Fri May 12, 2017 1:58 pm

Saying aloud. "Diaval, go ahead and look if the beasts you spoted earlier are headed our direction..."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 7 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri May 12, 2017 1:59 pm

I jump up, wondering what could be happening, onto the hill I run, and survey the surrounding areas to see if I can find the source. (Perception 15)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 12, 2017 2:09 pm

I pull out my Greatsword and exclaim "HAHA I have been yearning for a fight since I woke on the beach!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 12, 2017 2:41 pm

"It is too bad I lost my armor in the sea. It would have provided a bit of protection from this sun."
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Fri May 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Olo, when Diaval returns, ask him if they seemed similar to what he saw earlier.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri May 12, 2017 2:55 pm

I stand with a devilish smirk on my face and my eyes toward the sound in the distance. Fists clenched. Ready.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Fri May 12, 2017 3:02 pm

"Can you tell what direction the sound is coming from? Perhaps we should move toward Jamros and see what he has found"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri May 12, 2017 3:37 pm

A'mryl wrote:Saying aloud. "Diaval, go ahead and look if the beasts you spoted earlier are headed our direction..."

The bird flies off, and returns within moments, acting nervously. She burrows into your hair.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I jump up, wondering what could be happening, onto the hill I run, and survey the surrounding areas to see if I can find the source. (Perception 15)

A wall of anger is coming. Black clouds and a towering wave of sand stretching for miles. You've never seen a sandstorm before... you don't care for it.

A'mryl wrote:Olo, when Diaval returns, ask him if they seemed similar to what he saw earlier.
    Olo wrote:"Can you tell what direction the sound is coming from? Perhaps we should move toward Jamros and see what he has found"

Northwest. It comes. Run, Hide!

Dook wrote:I stand with a devilish smirk on my face and my eyes toward the sound in the distance. Fists clenched. Ready.

Fists won't help.

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 7 29155_520551_197603

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 12, 2017 3:48 pm

"Even Tolr'ax cannot defeat that." I put away my greatsword and pick up my javelins and clothes, shoving them in my pack as fast as possible, then start running towards Jamros's location hoping he has found some cover.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri May 12, 2017 4:37 pm

In a last ditch effort to alert the group, I fire an arrow high into the sky towards the mesa, then I begin my sprint towards it to take it's shelter!
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri May 12, 2017 4:39 pm

*face palm* *sigh* "Didn't expect this." I say under my breath. "Hurry! Let's go!" I grab Oridrys's hand and run behind Tolr'ax. "Taryn, get a move on!!"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Fri May 12, 2017 5:02 pm

I tighten my hijab to secure Diaval, grab the biggest piece of wood from the ship that is not too heavy to shield myself with and run towards the direction of Jamros, grabbing Olo's hand with my free hand.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 12, 2017 6:00 pm

I scream to Jamros "HAVE YOU FOUND SHELTER?!"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri May 12, 2017 6:47 pm

I yell back "YES THIS WAY! HURRY!" as I make my towards the structure, looking for any cave entrance or spot that would block the storm from us.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 12, 2017 8:29 pm

I look back at the little ones scurrying behind me and realize they are slow. I run back and scoop up Olo and A'mryl and start running towards Jamros again.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Fri May 12, 2017 8:46 pm

*appriciates the free ride but is even more thankful she grabbed that bar of soap.*
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Fri May 12, 2017 9:06 pm

"I....am....grateful...for you.." (in between bumps)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri May 12, 2017 9:42 pm

*Ahead now, I make my way towards Jamros's location with Oridrys in hand and Taryn beside*
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat May 13, 2017 9:01 am

"I would be unfair for you to die in the storm. Nature is no match to living creatures." I say while running and carrying the A'mryl and Olo. "One should only die if they are not able to do compete on a fair playing field"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat May 13, 2017 4:11 pm

Dook wrote:*face palm* *sigh* "Didn't expect this." I say under my breath. "Hurry! Let's go!" I grab Oridrys's hand and run behind Tolr'ax. "Taryn, get a move on!!"

As you take off, you hear Oridrys giggle. She actually giggled. This stately lady of calm and confidence just giggled. Yup.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I yell back "YES THIS WAY! HURRY!" as I make my towards the structure, looking for any cave entrance or spot that would block the storm from us.

The location you saw earlier was a simple overhang, that looked adequately sized to protect your party from the heat of the day. As you bound across the rocky soil, you see that the overhang is part of a deeper cave as the shadows deepen towards the rear.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat May 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Even with the danger still near I am excited with relief and shout "CAVE! THERE!" arm flailing towards the overhang. I see the dark cloud coming closer and dash as quickly as possible hoping to reach it in time.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat May 13, 2017 4:30 pm

Tolr'ax, to the cave! That environment is much more fitting for me!
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat May 13, 2017 4:34 pm

*Running towards cave*
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat May 13, 2017 4:50 pm

I make way for the cave "We will be safe from the storm in there, but be ready for whatever hides in this darkness."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon May 15, 2017 8:42 am

EVERYONE

The wind and sand is now whipping around you. But at least you're in the shade...

Jamros makes it to the overhang in sight of the others. There he sees that there is easy clearance for all of them through to the deeper recess in back. Though Tolr'ax will have to stoop a little.

ROLL PERCEPTION

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:17 am