Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 09, 2017 4:42 pm

"This land is too friendly with the sun" I say as I dash towards the tor.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Tue May 09, 2017 4:57 pm

Wait, giant. Before we get too far I have my raven, Diaval that has been circulating the area. Let me see if there Is a chance he has seen anything helpful.
    (Animal handling roll 24)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 09, 2017 5:52 pm

I notice that she avoided my question, so I feel she is hiding more than she is letting on. I let it go for the moment, but keep it on the backburner. "The name was given to me from my late mother. It's short and sweet. Easy for you to remember", as I say with a soft smile.

In an attempt to calm Taryn, "I'm sure the half-elf is jumping to conclusions, but if there are any enemies around, they will not be a problem with me around" looking with confidence toward Taryn. (Persuasion 19)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 09, 2017 6:26 pm

I stop dead in my tracks and turn slowly. I walk over to the Drow Elf, bend down and get my face inches away from her's. My brow furled and a frown on my face. "I AM NO FUCKING GIANT! I AM TOLR'AX SKULLCRUSHER OF CLAN OGOTH-ELANOK! WE GOLIATHS HUNT GIANTS!" I stand up and collect myself, staring into the sky looking for the Raven and in a calm voice, "Use your bird Raven Keeper. I need to get out of this place, you small ones live in strange places." I walk over to where I smashed the barrel and pick up anther pickle and take a bite. "But your food is good" I smile showing sand and pickle bits stuck in my teeth.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 09, 2017 6:34 pm

"Hey there my tall friend", I speak with a welcoming tone walking towards the Goliath. "You seem like a interesting fellow. The names Dook." I reach down for 3 pickles. Two for Taryn and Oridrys and one for myself. Wiping off the sand before handing over the food. "Any place you can see that could be advantageous with our predicament?"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue May 09, 2017 6:36 pm

My apologies. No need for the brutal yelling, its already too hot and bright for that. However, in comparison to my size, most others are "giants" to me.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue May 09, 2017 6:39 pm

Dook, is it? If you would be patient enough to wait my raven is on his way down and I shall ask him if there are any dwellings or places for cover nearby.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 09, 2017 6:43 pm

I look in admiration at the Drow elf as she talks to the goliath. "That it is, my dark mistress. May I inquire your name? Also, some clothes? I don't think that sail around you will be beneficial on our soon to be trek."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 09, 2017 6:47 pm

"I know not of this place. All I see are hills and beach" I point to the tor. "That is the only place I see to get a better view of this forsaken place." "Unless the Raven Keeper's bird can speak to her." I chomp down on another pickle.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"I know not of this place. All I see are hills and beach" I point to the tor. "That is the only place I see to get a better view of this forsaken place." "Unless the Raven Keeper's bird can speak to her." I chomp down on another pickle.

"Well, let's hope we can get some where, some place soon."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue May 09, 2017 6:55 pm

"I grow impatient of waiting for this bird."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 09, 2017 6:56 pm

I get up and search the crates for anything interesting (Investigation 20)
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue May 09, 2017 7:26 pm

I appriciate your concern Dook, but my armor suits me as well as anyone else's. But, if I do not find protection from this sunlight soon, this sail is the only thing that is keeping my head and eyes from becoming blind or burned.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 09, 2017 7:38 pm

A'mryl wrote:I appriciate your concern Dook, but my armor suits me as well as anyone else's. But, if I do not find protection from this sunlight soon, this sail is the only thing that is keeping my head and eyes from becoming blind or burned.

"I am sorry for my ignorance. It seems I need to culture myself in the Drow in more than I already know", I say with a laugh.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue May 09, 2017 7:38 pm

I walk closely to the woman and child, I quickly attempt to search her for anything that might tell who she is. (Sleight of Hand 21)
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 pm

I walk to the rest of the group. "Forgive my tardiness. A'mryl I am happy to see you safe my friend" to the others "I am Loleela Ephrenia Jopel Timberly. But you may call me Olo. I took the time to be sure my precious instruments were well. I agree with the large oaf that we should move from this beach quickly"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue May 09, 2017 9:45 pm

Olo, Diaval is decending. He will possibly be able to communicate with me if he has seen any hospitable coverage for us.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 09, 2017 9:50 pm

I look at Olo with disdain. "You think me oafish? I am on a quest of knowledge for my people, they struggle with surviving our mountainous homeland." I look to the ground sullenly. "I seek the knowledge to help them survive. The orcs attack us with great numbers, and we are few, but strong. They are never ending."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 09, 2017 10:36 pm

I feel for the compassion that the goliath has for his people. "If you say they are strong, they will survive until you return with the knowledge you seek. I knew a goliath on my past travels, wanted nothing but death in his wake and skulls to collect for his pride, but with you, I see you have changed my perspective. You seek something more valuable."

I formally bow to the bard. "A pleasure to meet you. Dook Agalian is my name."
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue May 09, 2017 10:43 pm

Goliath, what is your given name? I understand what it means to be judged upon appearance. I know the sun is hot but let us not allow that to heat tempers between us.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 09, 2017 11:07 pm

"Tolr'ax is my birth name, I was given the name Skullcrusher by the former chieftain Orilo Heart-stopper when I killed 20 Orcs with only my hands." I smile victoriously. "Raven Keeper, I harbor no ill will towards you. Your raven is most helpful to us." I look up and wonder how much longer it will take to descend.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 pm

"My apologies Tolr'ax. I mean no offense to your situation. In fact I look forward to hearing more about your homeland. Dook it is a pleasure to meet you as well. I look forward to the opportunity of entertaining you all with the stories I have collected in my travels." While we're waiting for the raven I inquire again whether any survivors know what happened
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 12:00 am

"Some kind of attack on the ship, stab wounds in the crew show sloppy blade work, but intent to kill no less. Besides that it seems the events happened so quickly it left everyone disoriented."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed May 10, 2017 7:15 am

A'mryl wrote:Wait, giant. Before we get too far I have my raven, Diaval that has been circulating the area. Let me see if there Is a chance he has seen anything helpful.
    (Animal handling roll 24)

Through whatever nonmagical familiarity you've obtained over your time with this creature, you make yourself somewhat understood to the raven. You get a vague impression that it, at least, prefers it's chances on the beach, rather than the interior.

Dook wrote: I notice that she avoided my question, so I feel she is hiding more than she is letting on. I let it go for the moment, but keep it on the backburner. "The name was given to me from my late mother. It's short and sweet. Easy for you to remember", as I say with a soft smile.

In an attempt to calm Taryn, "I'm sure the half-elf is jumping to conclusions, but if there are any enemies around, they will not be a problem with me around" looking with confidence toward Taryn. (Persuasion 19)

Taryn is unimpressed.

Tolr'ax wrote:I get up and search the crates for anything interesting (Investigation 20)

Sodden silks, waterlogged books, and sundry foodstuffs.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I walk closely to the woman and child, I quickly attempt to search her for anything that might tell who she is. (Sleight of Hand 21)

Roll a Dexterity Save.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed May 10, 2017 8:32 am

Dex 19

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:41 am