Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:56 am

Tolr'ax wrote:I make my way to Southromp. I spy Bryan and Zorra with a woman and a man with a staff.

"Aye, whats been takin' ye two fools? Done already sold all the goods te Caelbir, went te the Inn, and had a few drinks. What's takin' ye so long? We are on a schedule. Are these the ones yer wantin' for the farm?" I walk over to the woman, I notice the carcass and the expert dressing. "Ye can certainly dress an animal, eh? Told these boys to find some good workers for our farm. Have they made ye' an offer? You are clearly the most capable one 'round here."

"You sound like the man in charge. Good. These two can't seem to make a decision." She continues working on her project, whatever it is. "I can dress any farm animal - aye, even a penguin I'll wager - faster than anyone in Pegrenfyfe, and I'd wager to that too. It's not pride, it's fact. This one-" she gestures to Bryan, "insults me with a silver a day to tend a farm. If I'm to do the bulk of the work, that's two gold. If I'm splitting the chores, then one gold is fair. I'll do what needs doing, and I won't complain, and you can trust me to it. I don't dally with men, I don't drink spirits of any kind, and my hobbies are the sort that create revenue or are practical for any situation. Basketweaving, knitting, cooking... what else do you need? Looks to me you boys would benefit from a woman's guidance alone on the farm. Now, "she finally turns to you, "I didn't come asking for this, but it's a worthwhile opportunity, so I won't beg or plead, but I'm not going to work for slave wages either. A gold piece a day, and some share of the produce, and I'll consider it fair. You don't like me after a fortnight, I'll pack my things and come back here." She stares at you, hands on hips, clearly ignoring your companions.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:09 am

"The silver a day was his idea." I scoff and walk to the soldier boy, "Evening, looking for work by chance?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:10 am

"Fortnight's a good testing time, It'll be all four of us workin' 'round the farm, just need a bit of help and someone to watch over things when we make a supply trip. Might even see if a couple more lads 'round town would be willin' to work. Gold a day is a fair price for that, eh? Won't be askin' ye to do anythin' I wouldn't be doin' myself. Name's Sid." I hold out my hand, waiting for her acceptance. "Penguin meat is one of the best meats ye can eat, and we got plenty."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:17 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"The silver a day was his idea." I scoff and walk to the soldier boy, "Evening, looking for work by chance?"

"Depends. What kind of work?" The scrawny guy analyzes you, alongside his bird, eyes studying you.

Tolr'ax wrote:"Fortnight's a good testing time, It'll be all four of us workin' 'round the farm, just need a bit of help and someone to watch over things when we make a supply trip. Might even see if a couple more lads 'round town would be willin' to work. Gold a day is a fair price for that, eh? Won't be askin' ye to do anythin' I wouldn't be doin' myself. Name's Sid." I hold out my hand, waiting for her acceptance. "Penguin meat is one of the best meats ye can eat, and we got plenty."

She shakes your hand. "You heading back in the morning? I'll be ready." And then she forgets you exist, back to her work, like a machine.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 am

I turn my head quickly to Bryan, "I would have thought you could recognize someone worth more, I gave ye a topper of a gold a day, I expect ye to know how to negotiate."

I turn back to the woman, carving away at the carcass..."Meet us in the Tradecourt, couple hours after sunrise."

I walk over to Zorra and the man, "What's your story?" I ask the man.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:59 am

"Sokituem farm is look to hire some helping hands, if you're capable with that sword.." I look at his hawk, "and your friend here. We need a guard to watch the farm. Too much word of bandits going around to leave it with just the workers. Think you would be up for it?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:47 am

I explain to Sid who He is, what his benefits are and what he can bring to the table. Also what the task needs to be done.

"I have agreed to help Esnach return this item to its owner. I know good work when I see it." I take another puff and blow it into the air. "Now the downfall is that we don't know where to go. Looking for some "slug"? I figured since the dark is setting in, everyone is probably at the tavern having there fill. Questions can be ask there. Maybe that merchant friend of yours. The husky guy. He likes to talk."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:02 pm

"Aye, if you can get a word in between his chattering, haha!"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:13 pm

I chuckle at the comment.

I look towards Esnach. "You ready to return that item? We are going to the tavern to fetch information." I gesture towards Sid and Esnach to head to the tavern.

I yell at Bryan,"Meet back at the tavern when your do e. Don't get yer self killed!" I wave a hand.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:14 pm

As we walk towards the Inn, I strike up a fun conversation topic with Zorra. "So ye think he's gunna try to fuck em?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:47 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I turn my head quickly to Bryan, "I would have thought you could recognize someone worth more, I gave ye a topper of a gold a day, I expect ye to know how to negotiate."

I turn back to the woman, carving away at the carcass..."Meet us in the Tradecourt, couple hours after sunrise."

I walk over to Zorra and the man, "What's your story?" I ask the man.

"I'm not so good at stories; I'm no gleeman. I'm merely looking to return a watch."

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Sokituem farm is look to hire some helping hands, if you're capable with that sword.." I look at his hawk, "and your friend here. We need a guard to watch the farm. Too much word of bandits going around to leave it with just the workers. Think you would be up for it?"

"Depends on the pay, I suppose." He pats his sword with a heavily scarred arm. "Do you need a demonstration?"

Dook wrote:
    I look towards Esnach. "You ready to return that item? We are going to the tavern to fetch information." I gesture towards Sid and Esnach to head to the tavern.

I yell at Bryan,"Meet back at the tavern when your do e. Don't get yer self killed!" I wave a hand.

Esnach follows along, odd little smile on his face. Does anything get this guy down?
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:12 pm

"You seem to have seen your share of battles, I trust you're plenty capable. One gold piece a day while I and my partners travel and run our supplies. You will have two others working the farm. By the way I didn't get your name. I am Bryan Morbrine, the only one of his name."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:23 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"You seem to have seen your share of battles, I trust you're plenty capable. One gold piece a day while I and my partners travel and run our supplies. You will have two others working the farm. By the way I didn't get your name. I am Bryan Morbrine, the only one of his name."

"Comgha. Where's this farm? How long you need me?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:30 pm

As we get to the Inn, we walk in and find Caelbir. I slam my hand down on the table trying to get his attention. "Caelbir, you remember Zorra right? An' this here is Esnach, he's lookin' fer a fella by the name Stadi or Stevy, name's ring a bell? Possibly got a real nice pocket watch, know anything 'bout it?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:37 pm

"Sokituem is Southwest of here on the coast. As for time I can't say for sure. Could be days at times, or weeks. We have a lot to take care of with winter coming. You will be given food and a bed to sleep of course." I look to the hawk, "Some meat for your friend as well of course."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:40 pm

Answering to Sid's question,"honestly can't tell you with that guy. Perverted lot he is." I eagerly wait for Caelbir's re ply.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:As we get to the Inn, we walk in and find Caelbir. I slam my hand down on the table trying to get his attention. "Caelbir, you remember Zorra right? An' this here is Esnach, he's lookin' fer a fella by the name Stadi or Stevy, name's ring a bell? Possibly got a real nice pocket watch, know anything 'bout it?"

He doesn't look especially happy to see you right this moment; You've interrupted him speaking with a comely lass. "What's that you say? Slaid? Stein? Don't know em. Sounds like a mainlander name. Folks want watches will be up in Hemeld. They've got the monies for trinkets like that. Now, eh... I'm going to forget you exist, you get me?" He winks and turns back to the curvy blonde he's got half in his lap.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Sokituem is Southwest of here on the coast. As for time I can't say for sure. Could be days at times, or weeks. We have a lot to take care of with winter coming. You will be given food and a bed to sleep of course." I look to the hawk, "Some meat for your friend as well of course."

"I've got nothing in particular keeping me here. Need a hunter? If you got a bow, I can do that too."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:12 pm

"I'll see to it we get you a fine one, extra furs and meat would do us well since it seems we're running out of stock lately. We leave at sunrise tomorrow from the Tradecourt. See you then Comgha." I make my way towards the tavern to catch up with the others.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:04 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"I'll see to it we get you a fine one, extra furs and meat would do us well since it seems we're running out of stock lately. We leave at sunrise tomorrow from the Tradecourt. See you then Comgha." I make my way towards the tavern to catch up with the others.

He merely nods. You catch up to the others as Caelbir related his suggestion.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 pm

I walk over to Sid and the others, "Aye! It's about time we finished that businesses. Heard the big boy mention Hemeld, Northside does seem like the place to find something shiny. Let's go then!" I say excitedly, "Oh! First a drink..bartender! An pint of ale that could please the gods!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:56 pm

We make our way to Hemeld and scope out the area.
    Specifically are there any street urchins lurkimg around on our way over there?
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:22 am

I, along with Bryan, have my fill of mead and food before we leave. Not enough to be uneasy but just for the taste. Shame, it's not the time to have a good time.

We follow Sid to Hemeld and scope out the area. I view the area and take it in. Looking for anyone in that stands out.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:33 am

Tolr'ax wrote:We make our way to Hemeld and scope out the area.
    Specifically are there any street urchins lurkimg around on our way over there?

[35][5] - You find none of them. Odd, isn't it? Even this town should have a couple lurking about. But then, Southromp was rather busy, and near the whole region seems to have descended on the Inn. Night is calling fast, mayhaps they simply aren't out in this corner of town yet?
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:48 pm

"Esnach, is there anyone here that knew your father? Somebody had to know he had that watch, even in his grave."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:47 pm

Are there any people around that we could ask for information?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:40 pm