Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:12 pm

"Good sirs, we were mearly wanted to ask the kind gentleman in the window a question. Since he is the most knowledgable man in town about rare trinkets, we knew only he could help us. Our dear friend here, his father's one of a kind watch was stolen from his grave. When we came to inquire of it, the...gentleman...in the window drew his crossbow on us. If anyone knows of this watch, it would be him. We need to find it by morning, time is of the essence!" I say with a right proper accent, kind to a rich man. "These folks heard the ruckus and were coming to see what it was all about, we meant no harm to anyone. Bit this watch is a matter of life and death." (Deception)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Good sirs, we were mearly wanted to ask the kind gentleman in the window a question. Since he is the most knowledgable man in town about rare trinkets, we knew only he could help us. Our dear friend here, his father's one of a kind watch was stolen from his grave. When we came to inquire of it, the...gentleman...in the window drew his crossbow on us. If anyone knows of this watch, it would be him. We need to find it by morning, time is of the essence!" I say with a right proper accent, kind to a rich man. "These folks heard the ruckus and were coming to see what it was all about, we meant no harm to anyone. Bit this watch is a matter of life and death." (Deception)

[1-1=0]
    Your accent cracks and falls flat. Your melodramatic whine belies the supposed risk concerning this watch.
    You are heckled before you get through your obvious lie.
    The guard cuts you off. "That's it. Far as I can tell you're either too drunk, too stupid, or too interested in finding trouble. Drop your weapons. You're spending The night in holding to get your heads straight."
    All the guards draw weapons - mix of blades, cudgels, and even a catchpole.

Shall I roll initiative?
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 pm

"Whoa there. We are of stable mind my fellow guards. We are just literally trying to help out a friend, and yes time is of the essence. We are not trying to start trouble and all we need is information. If you can give us any information, anyone here, we will gladly take it and be on our way. So what do you say. Will you put those weapons away and help us? That's all we ask."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:20 am

Ruhdair calls down. "I've answered. And I would've told you the same if you'd not been breaking down my door in in the dark!"

Other voices from the crowd also shout that they have answered or no one knows and so forth.

The guards just look at you. "Seems like you've got your information. Now off with you!"

[Assumed a Persuasion roll, kept the guards from arresting, but that's it.]
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:56 am

"Aye, we'll be off." I start towards the exit of the Tradescourt, bow towards all the townsfolk and guards. "So sorry to disturb yer night."

We make our way to the Inn. Go up to the bartender "Barkeep, I don't suppose ye have any rooms still open, do ye?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:36 am

To Esnach, "Well friend that was exciting wasn't it? By the way, if you're staying with us tonight, I suggest stay away from Zorra sleeping. He has smelly dragon farts." I laugh, and pat Zorra on the back. "By the gods, we haven't even had supper. Barkeep, do you also have any food left to serve? I'll pay a hefty tip for the late service."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:39 am

"It happens one time and you never live it down." I slap the bar in a laughter. "I would also like to have a pint of ale for meh and one for my friend, along with the food." I gesture towards Esnach.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:54 am

I sit at the bar..brooding. Saying nothing. I am clearly upset at the results of the night. I stare at the bottles and the tankards behind the bar. I ignore everyone else. Brow furled, lips pouting with a slight frown. Totally inside my own head. Deep in thought...............I suddenly look to my friends, "Zorra, when dawn breaks, need you to go to the Southromp and find the woman and the man with the scimitar. Let them know that we are delaying our departure a few hours and to meet us at the gate that around noon. Then come find Bryan and I in the Tradescourt. I have an idea."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:42 am

"Alright my man. I know that look. I trust yeh." I stretch waiting on food/ale.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:58 am

Tel. To Sid "What is it you have planned big guy? Today must have lit a fire under ya."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:14 pm

tel to Bryan: "Tomorrow you become a God"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:24 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Aye, we'll be off." I start towards the exit of the Tradescourt, bow towards all the townsfolk and guards. "So sorry to disturb yer night."

We make our way to the Inn. Go up to the bartender "Barkeep, I don't suppose ye have any rooms still open, do ye?"

The guards shadow you to the end of the district, just to keep an eye on you. The Inn's dining area has calmed considerably, with only a fraction of the patrons from earlier still there. Instead of standing room only, there's plenty of seating available. The staff looks tired, the barkeep included. "You'd want Master Fergus. He's the innkeep, I just serve the drinks." He directs you to this Fergus who is busily inspecting his books, checking off columns and writing with incredibly tiny precision various arithmetics. He's seated at a desk around the corner from the side seating area, in what is clearly a private alcove. He's a tiny man with white hair trimmed to the same exactness of his figures, his clothing fine cloth yet of simple make. As you enter, a young man slips past you on his way out. Fergus looks up over his spectacles as you enter, exchanging a couple of words with the Barkeep - whom you've learned is new here, a redhaired man from the western isles, named Govanlir - before setting aside his quill and ink.

"I hear you've caused quite a commotion, birdmongers. Commotion is not good for business." He takes off his spectacles and sets them down. "There's a reason I'm the only Inn and Tavern in Pegrenfyfe, and it's because I don't abide commotion within my halls. Do I have to worry about you boys?"

Jamros Mageblood wrote:To Esnach, "Well friend that was exciting wasn't it? By the way, if you're staying with us tonight, I suggest stay away from Zorra sleeping. He has smelly dragon farts." I laugh, and pat Zorra on the back. "By the gods, we haven't even had supper. Barkeep, do you also have any food left to serve? I'll pay a hefty tip for the late service."

The barkeep calls over a serving girl, and takes your order. She looks you up and down. "What's dragonfolk eat anyway?"

Dook wrote:"It happens one time and you never live it down." I slap the bar in a laughter. "I would also like to have a pint of ale for meh and one for my friend, along with the food." I gesture towards Esnach.

Esnach is rather wide-eyed with the lot of you, and quieter even than usual. He merely nods and sips his ale before taking his leave, saying he'll meet you in the morning. "Maybe somewhere other than the Tradecourt, eh?" And he goes off to his home in Southromp.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:48 pm

My eyebrows raise as I hear Sid's words, Tel. "You always were the ambitious one."
    My eyes up to the server, "Ah you know, livestock, pretty women, so I wouldn't get too close." I wink at her, "However, we'll settle for some mutton stew and bread, make his extra spicy, he likes it hot especially in cold times am I right?" I look to the lizard for approval.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:53 pm

"Bryan, you always know the way to my stomach, but could I also get a cut of meat on the side. Future reference, Dragonborn like to eat meat and sipping on some stew. Spicy mind you. It helps with the stirrings of what bellows inside." I end this conversation with I light of my pipe.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:20 pm

[And the Innkeep is left alone with Sid? The party diplomat should be the guy with the + to Wisdom, Intelligence, and Charisma... no?]
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:38 pm

Tel. to Bryan "We just need your telepathy. We get inside Rhudair's head and see if he is ACTUALLY telling us the truth about the watch. Make him think he is talking to himself....or his God. We just need to apologize to him and maybe some of the other merchants around."

To Fergus "Aye, ye got nothin' to worry 'bout with us, we have had our fill of commotion for the night. Just lookin' for somewhere to lay our heads for the night. We'll be outta town by end of day tomorrow."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:39 pm

A sudden urge makes me jump up and go over to the Innkeep with Sid. "Hello! Sorry yes a bit of a misunderstanding in the Tradecourt earlier. I am Bryan Morbrine, these two giants are Sid and Zorra. The man who left was searching for a stolen keepsake, and we got too excited in our investigation. As you can see we are simply here for good food and bedding. We are more than familiar with your esteemed reputation and will not soil it with our presence I promise." I grab my coins and jingle them, "What is your nightly rate? We will pay upfront for food and room."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:13 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Tel. to Bryan "We just need your telepathy. We get inside Rhudair's head and see if he is ACTUALLY telling us the truth about the watch. Make him think he is talking to himself....or his God. We just need to apologize to him and maybe some of the other merchants around."

To Fergus "Aye, ye got nothin' to worry 'bout with us, we have had our fill of commotion for the night. Just lookin' for somewhere to lay our heads for the night. We'll be outta town by end of day tomorrow."

Fergus eyes you suspiciously over steepled fingers. "I recognize a cold heart; I have one. You've the look of murder about you, and not for the first time." He leans in. "I'll speak plainly. My eyes and ears keep me informed of every mouse fart in the north. One such fart offends my senses and I would like it removed. Were this to happen, I would be most grateful." He merely looks at you, awaiting a response.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:A sudden urge makes me jump up and go over to the Innkeep with Sid. "Hello! Sorry yes a bit of a misunderstanding in the Tradecourt earlier. I am Bryan Morbrine, these two giants are Sid and Zorra. The man who left was searching for a stolen keepsake, and we got too excited in our investigation. As you can see we are simply here for good food and bedding. We are more than familiar with your esteemed reputation and will not soil it with our presence I promise." I grab my coins and jingle them, "What is your nightly rate? We will pay upfront for food and room."

The man looks over this Bryan character. "Friend of yours?" He asks Sid, his previous calculating airs whisked away at Bryan's approach. "Perhaps I misjudged. Simple food and bedding it is, then." He opens a drawer and pulls out a purse, opening it. "That'll be two silver each."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:31 pm

I look at Bryan with an upset frown. "I was conducting business here, Bryan."

I look back at Fergus. "Where might this fart be originating from, sir? I imagine anyone that makes this island a better...'smelling'...island might be in good favor with ye." I say with a murderous grin.

"And we are but simple farmers as ye know. So simple accommodations are good enough for us."

I pull a gold piece out of my purse. "What will a gold get us tonight?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:13 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I look at Bryan with an upset frown. "I was conducting business here, Bryan."

I look back at Fergus. "Where might this fart be originating from, sir? I imagine anyone that makes this island a better...'smelling'...island might be in good favor with ye." I say with a murderous grin.

"And we are but simple farmers as ye know. So simple accommodations are good enough for us."

I pull a gold piece out of my purse. "What will a gold get us tonight?"

He waits a moment before continuing, as if expecting some retort from Bryan.

"The smell wafts from just north of here. You'll know it by its gardens. There are those who feel this smell belongs here. I am not one of them." He pauses. "Ironic that it should smell so, right across from a bathhouse, and I don't mean the Square one."

Now he smiles broadly, "And isn't clean air worth more than gold?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:24 pm

"Aye. Are ye needin' this smell taken care of tonight?"
    I look at the man and a smirk apoears on my face.
    I try to remember what I know of the mayor and his mansion.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Aye. Are ye needin' this smell taken care of tonight?"
    I look at the man and a smirk apoears on my face.
    I try to remember what I know of the mayor and his mansion.

It's a two-story ordeal of hard brick. The oldest such structure in town. It has private gardens in the rear with a brick wall around 8 feet high, most of it covered in foliage of some sort. You've never been invited in, to house or garden, so that's about it.

The man Fergus raises an eyebrow. "Well one tends to sleep more soundly when there's no stench in his nose." He stands, covering a yawn with a handerchief. "It has been... Satisfying meeting you. Both. If you need anything, somewhere to sleep after, ah, your walk, for example, you may fine lodging at my home in Hemeld. He gives you an address, and sees himself out the back. Food and drink are awaiting you at a table, far from the remaining patrons.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:57 pm

I walk over to Zorra and whisper in his "ear" "I hope you aren't too tired. We have a job to do...come to the table" I gesture towards the table. Then walk over and start eating a bit waiting for my friends to come sit."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:22 pm

I sit at the table and eat my meal. "Hmm, yea I'm down for one last moonlit walk with my two wonderful dates."
    Tel. To Sid, "This is a big one, hope you know what we're signed up for."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:30 pm

Tel to Bryan "I figure this Fergus would make a good ally if if this whole fued with the Lords escalates"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 5:09 am