Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Cold Ambition - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:34 pm

Where to, gents?

Cold Ambition - Game Thread - Page 17 Map10

Last edited by Troyer on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:47 pm

"Vaca, take lead on the water source, I trust ye' not to flood the place." To Brian I say "we should follow the path to the mine, Roff wouldn't stray from it. He's the only one who comes that way it seems."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:35 am

Tolr'ax wrote:"Vaca, take lead on the water source, I trust ye' not to flood the place." To Brian I say "we should follow the path to the mine, Roff wouldn't stray from it. He's the only one who comes that way it seems."

She nods and finishes with her project, then scoops up Comgha and heads out to the location. All in all, she's gone within about 15 minutes, leaving you three to walk wherever you're going. Or sail - your little dinghy is more seaworthy now than ever, thanks to Comgha.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jul 19, 2018 12:35 pm

The psychopath, the dragon, and the whore stood sweating in the sun, as if frozen in time and space.

Somewhere, far above, what one might call a demon prince gazed upon a land he was on his way to conquer.

In the east, a slumbering power wakens as the voice of a Titan booms from beneath the waves.

And just a few miles down the road, a man languishes in prison for speaking of the evils he now suffers.

For a brief moment, a Cold chill drifts upon the air, and the trio give out a collective shiver.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:15 pm

"Let us sail around, going inland could have too many roadblocks and distraction to our destination." I say as I begina to fill canisters with any fresh water, and grab some blankets to keep us warm.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:35 am

As I gather 3 days supply of food I yell over to Brian in response, "Yeah faking idiot, we can SAIL to Skocor, its in the middle of the bloody island!"I slap him on the back of the head 3 Stooges style.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:54 pm

"We should walk the path to Skocor mines. If Roffram doesn't come, we won't have any money, we need him gold, no sailin' round the damn island for shits and giggles, and Brian, don't give me the shite about your dark one tellin' ya shite about it, I ain't listenin' to it. Simple survival off this damn farm."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:41 pm

I wipe the sweat from my brow and look at Sid. "Can weh jest go someweh with a 'ittle excitement? You know what I saying, right?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:59 pm

"Aye, maybe we can find some sort of excitement on this little island"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:58 pm

"My master cares not about what we do my friend! You know I don't bother with lay of the land. Walk we shall. By the way I learned a new trick!" I cast beast speech to talk to one of the pengu, "Hello there my flappy friend!"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:17 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"My master cares not about what we do my friend! You know I don't bother with lay of the land. Walk we shall. By the way I learned a new trick!" I cast beast speech to talk to one of the pengu, "Hello there my flappy friend!"

"Don't try to fuck me like you fucked Jerry!"

(That's a thing now. You fuck penguins. Because HA!)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:12 pm

"Aye, find a squirrel and see if it has seen the old man along the path the last few days. Maybe you could be of some use other than a laugh now." I say with heavy sarcasm.

I start heading towards the road, "let's get this going, I've grown bored."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:35 pm

"Oh dear this one is mental. But yes let's move on and I shall find a creature down the ways to help our voyage ya dick." I grab my gear and follow along with Sid.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:24 pm

And off you fuckers go, I guess. It's midday ish by now, and the spring warmth is bearing down. It's a blistering 70 degree day, for fucks sake. The road is clear.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:44 am

(Anything you boys want to do on the way? You're free to fuck around or I can skip you to your destination.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:58 am

I want to scout ahead of the other 2 about 70 ft stealthily and check for anything out of the ordinary, scanning the tree line the entire way. I will have my bow at the ready in case I see any small game.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:43 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I want to scout ahead of the other 2 about 70 ft stealthily  and check for anything out of the ordinary, scanning the tree line the entire way. I will have my bow at the ready in case I see any small game.

As the others follow more conveniently upon the road, you press ahead. A bright sun and a clear sky make the day’s travel pleasant and peaceful. Twice, however, the road fords shallow, sluggish seasonal streams whose shaded banks are choked with weeds. The heavy rains of Spring are still a few weeks away, but the winter's melt turns much of the countryside to soft soil and pop-up rivulets. As a result, portions of the road are muddy quagmires, but there's no sign of Roffram or wagon; not that you receive many visitors. Otherwise, it is uneventful - you manage to snipe two hares, however, but miss a deer. After perhaps an hour of walking, the road forks - the northward road heading towards the Western Tower, the High Road to Skocor or Pegrenfyfe; the eastward road heads up into the hills and forests surrounding the Skocor Copper Mine.

What route do you take?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:58 pm

I take the path towards the mine, marking an arrow in the mud towards my path for the two following me to easily be able to tell which way I went.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:56 pm

I follow behind Sid's trail, are there any animals nearby?
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:23 pm

I enjoy myself to the air around me. Taking puffs of my pipe and not having any care in the world. Blissfully waiting for us to reach our destination.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:06 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I follow behind Sid's trail, are there any animals nearby?

Of course, you're in the wilderness for all intents and purposes.

You all continue along, and after another hour or so of more difficult travel - those same snow melts have muddied the steeper paths in the hills - you come across an overturned wagon. Nearby, in the lee of a large tree, hangs haphazardly a standard two-person tent flapping gently in the breeze, its mooring having come loose. There are no pack animals or humanoids around that you can see.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 pm

I walk over to the wagon and look for any other signs of struggle or what may have done this. (Investigation +4)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:40 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I walk over to the wagon and look for any other signs of struggle or what may have done this. (Investigation +4)

(14) From the look of it, seems to be merely the slippery slope that did the wagon in. No blood as you can see. It's possible the driver unhitched the horse or mule and road off. It has rained since then, however, so you can't tell much beyond conjecture. If this were Roffram's wagon, he may have gone back to the Mine.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:35 am

Can I recognize the wagon as Roffram's or does it have any distinct markings that might indicate who it belongs to? I want to check the tent as well, see if there are any signs of who was there, or how long ago, and for how long. (Investigation)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:44 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Can I recognize the wagon as Roffram's or does it have any distinct markings that might indicate who it belongs to? I want to check the tent as well, see if there are any signs of who was there, or how long ago, and for how long. (Investigation)

(17) You are unsure if it's Roffram's specifically. No doubt the Mine has several wagons to choose from, so it could be his. Or not. The tent reveals merely an empty bedroll, some personal effects, and a small campfire. It looks several days abandoned. There are horse hooves nearby, and they appear to ample up the trail.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:10 pm