Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 11 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Troyer Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Shoshana stirs to the smell, eyes peeking open slowly. She was quick with her devotionals, admittedly lazy still in her bed. Rolling out, her pale skin and small clothes disappear in a flash of modesty underneath her tunic and justacorp. She takes a plate and thanks her hosts.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 11 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Delrun wakes from his slumber and wipes the drool from his face, he rises not so gracefully and rubs his grumbling belly. "It smells delicious, oh and mernin to ye all!" I say with a toothy grin as I go over and slop some grub onto my plate, almost forgetting to say thank you to the host and sit beside Banmila. "Suppose the chaos has settled today, my question is someone coming to clean it all up?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:59 pm

Banmila looks at Delrun with a slight frown. "This chaos will not just be 'cleaned up', Mr. Dwarf. This town has been ravaged by the islanders before, the guards usually kept things pretty tame...but as Jory and his family could attest, there has been much bloodshed in this little town. But if the slavers are gone, then the guards have no reason to try to clean anything. They are mercenaries more than guards. The group yesterday, you saw how the older ones cared little about their lives. They only cared for gold."
    A small tear falls from her eye. "This is the start of something that will not be stopped....not easily at least."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:35 pm

"There there lass it's alright, we should head out of town as you're right about other attacks bound to come once weakness of the city is discovered. I plan to head towards Cranjis, trade be good, transport down the river from there. Bit of a journey ahead that's fer sure." I finish my breakfast and go to feed and ready my horse for the trip.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:45 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:Delrun wakes from his slumber and wipes the drool from his face, he rises not so gracefully and rubs his grumbling belly. "It smells delicious, oh and mernin to ye all!" I say with a toothy grin as I go over and slop some grub onto my plate, almost forgetting to say thank you to the host and sit beside Banmila. "Suppose the chaos has settled today, my question is someone coming to clean it all up?"

Shoshana scowls, but says nothing.

Tolr'ax wrote:Banmila looks at Delrun with a slight frown. "This chaos will not just be 'cleaned up', Mr. Dwarf. This town has been ravaged by the islanders before, the guards usually kept things pretty tame...but as Jory and his family could attest, there has been much bloodshed in this little town. But if the slavers are gone, then the guards have no reason to try to clean anything. They are mercenaries more than guards. The group yesterday, you saw how the older ones cared little about their lives. They only cared for gold."
    A small tear falls from her eye. "This is the start of something that will not be stopped....not easily at least."

Finishing her meal, Shoshana finds a cup of water to rinse her plate. Taking the rest of the water, she pulls a small wood-handle boarhair brush from her pack, along with a small vial of soda and crushed mint, and brushes her teeth. Spitting discretely, she rinses her mouth out. She then tends to her new horse, which she had decided to name Shennx, preparing saddle and oats. She hefted her saddle into place, and filled the saddlebags with her effects, strapping her shield to the pommel, the mace and morningstar behind the cantle, and belting the haft of one of the guards' spears for immediate use while riding. She took the other spear and shield from the fallen guards and approached the stable-owners. "Brothers, Sister, I fear for the future uncertainty of this town, and one must look to protection. I offer you these items for your defense, and a prayer if you'd like. Once the pillage is over, people will remember that human flesh is not all that there is, and they'll come for the horses; I'd suggest you quit this place as fast as you can."

Turning to include the others, she said, "For myself, I am leaving this morning, with all speed. Any of you are welcome to join me. But have a care with your words and deeds, a quiet escape is preferable." She then buys a horsebrush, a few spare horse shoes, some more oats, says a prayer with the stable-owners, and mounts her horse. "I am Shoshana, by the way."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:24 pm

Shoshana - Jory looks at you, "take what you will for your journey. You have granted us safety and wisdom. We will take the remainder of our gold and set off for Aentar. We know of a horse breeder there. We will have good work." He then turns to his family, "Let us start to gather our things." All three start to gather up their most valuable and useful items.

Banmila walks next to Shoshana, "I would like to go with you, Miss Shoshana, if you would have me. I can offer my companionship on your journey." She throws her arms around wildly as she speaks to you, obviously excited for the opportunity.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:59 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana - Jory looks at you, "take what you will for your journey. You have granted us safety and wisdom. We will take the remainder of our gold and set off for Aentar. We know of a horse breeder there. We will have good work." He then turns to his family, "Let us start to gather our things." All three start to gather up their most valuable and useful items.

Banmila walks next to Shoshana, "I would like to go with you, Miss Shoshana, if you would have me. I can offer my companionship on your journey." She throws her arms around wildly as she speaks to you, obviously excited for the opportunity.

To Banmila, "Of course."

To the Stablehands, "How do you plan to transport near twenty horses?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:03 pm

Jory smiles, "I guess I hadn't thought about that too hard." He pauses for a moment, a puzzled look on his face. "We could use some help moving our horses. Would you all be up for it?" He smiles a toothy grin. "We could pay you in horse or gold for your help?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:59 pm

Shoshana glances at the other two, the hairy one and the dwarf. "Do either of you have a way with animals?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:00 pm

"Aye, my new friend here will do well as payment for some work, plus some food and ale during the trip. Am no expert but I'm not untrained in a bit of herding. Where do ye plan to move em?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:10 pm

I have a little howl and stretch as I wake up. Curl out of my little ball I made myself into. "I feel much better after meh puppy nap. Did I miss anything?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 pm

Dook wrote:I have a little howl and stretch as I wake up. Curl out of my little ball I made myself into. "I feel much better after meh puppy nap. Did I miss anything?"

Exasperated, Shoshana says, "The part where you introduce yourself. And consider bathing." She wrinkles her nose. Even among horse stalls.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:13 pm

Troyer wrote:
    Dook wrote:I have a little howl and stretch as I wake up. Curl out of my little ball I made myself into. "I feel much better after meh puppy nap. Did I miss anything?"

Exasperated, Shoshana says, "The part where you introduce yourself. And consider bathing." She wrinkles her nose. Even among horse stalls.

"It just seems yeh never smelled a true man befere." I laugh patting Delrun on the back for support.

"I am Zorro.." I say as I stand up and bow to the company in most gentleman fashion. "I am sorry fer the upset last night that I caused last night. Hope that it did not cause too much trouble fer yeh," referring to the family only.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:19 am

Zylo's misdirection with his name is obvious. The whole room can tell he made the name up on the spot.

Banmila's face curls in question of the lie. "Did you just make that name up?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:48 pm

"...right. On second thought, we could always try to sell your horses to make the trip far quicker and less taxing."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Zylo's misdirection with his name is obvious. The whole room can tell he made the name up on the spot.

Banmila's face curls in question of the lie. "Did you just make that name up?"

"Sorry, I had a morning curfuffle. My name is Zylo" I say with a yawn.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 13, 2018 5:27 pm

Shoshana - "Aye, sellin' them would fetch us some travel funds. We have 18 left from the ones you two bought..."
    Banmila tugs Jory's pant leg, "I'll purchase a horse from you, Jory."
    "Make that 17" Jory chuckles.

Zylo - the stablehands and Banmila look at you side eyed... Banmila still confused squeaks out, "Okay, weirdo."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:25 pm

I chuckle, "Did you suspect meh to be normal? Just look at meh." I gesture to my appearance and strange clothing.

"If yeh need help transferring horses, yeh don' have to pay me not one coin. Just this beauty." I gesture to the magnificent horse I was eyeing earlier. "Since the owner wont come lookin anyway."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:26 am

Banmila rolls her eyes and under her breath you can hear "Foreigners."

Jory walks over to the War horse and pats him on the neck feeding him a carrot. "Your decision making skills might get him killed...."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:41 pm

"I should think that, this being their prized warhorse, it should be the first to be sold. It is their investment and thus their proceeds, after all. Further, tell me, Master... Zylo, what experience do you have in riding a horse bred for war? They are not amicable beasts, and for some of the best are quite literally worth considerable acreage. Enough, for example, to rebuild their lives."

To Jory, "Sell him a nag, it will serve him just as well."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:22 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Banmila rolls her eyes and under her breath you can hear "Foreigners."

Jory walks over to the War horse and pats him on the neck feeding him a carrot. "Your decision making skills might get him killed...."

"How about this then. If I prove meself to yeh while we travel to the destination, how about considering it?," I put my hand out to Jory for agreement,"Tis all in yer judgement?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am

Troyer wrote:"I should think that, this being their prized warhorse, it should be the first to be sold. It is their investment and thus their proceeds, after all. Further, tell me, Master... Zylo, what experience do you have in riding a horse bred for war? They are not amicable beasts, and for some of the best are quite literally worth considerable acreage. Enough, for example, to rebuild their lives."

"I shared the same community with them fer most of meh life. Riding is second nature to meh. Oh and lass? yeh know, if yeh stopped judging me befere yeh get teh know meh, yeh might not sound so much as an ass." I chuckle as I give her a wink. "A little consideration can go a long with meh if yeh give it, you just got teh give me a reason yer not like those other humans.." I say as a flashback flows through my mind and an expression on my face that shows I thinking of a certain kind of people.

I look back up at Shoshana,"But I will leave that fer you teh decide fer yerself."

I get up and walk towards the dwarf and hold out my paw.
    "I'm Zylo, I want teh thank yeh fer helping meh out there yesterday. I might 'ave been another corpse out there if not fer yeh." I say out of sincere gratefulness.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:43 am

Dook wrote:
    Troyer wrote:"I should think that, this being their prized warhorse, it should be the first to be sold. It is their investment and thus their proceeds, after all. Further, tell me, Master... Zylo, what experience do you have in riding a horse bred for war? They are not amicable beasts, and for some of the best are quite literally worth considerable acreage. Enough, for example, to rebuild their lives."

"I shared the same community with them fer most of meh life. Riding is second nature to meh. Oh and lass? yeh know, if yeh stopped judging me befere yeh get teh know meh, yeh might not sound so much as an ass." I chuckle as I give her a wink. "A little consideration can go a long with meh if yeh give it, you just got teh give me a reason yer not like those other humans.." I say as a flashback flows through my mind and an expression on my face that shows I thinking of a certain kind of people.

I look back up at Shoshana,"But I will leave that fer you teh decide fer yerself."

"Where was the judgement in my suggesting that these master of horseflesh profit from their greatest horse, rather than giving it away?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Troyer wrote:
    Dook wrote:

"Where was the judgement in my suggesting that these master of horseflesh profit from their greatest horse, rather than giving it away?"

"I was talking about meh, I know fer some reason yeh don' like meh, but hopefully I will earn yer respect soon enough.. or at least crack that stern attitude of yers."
    I turn back to Delrun eagerly waiting for his reply as he sits there mouth gaped open drool pouring out...awkwardly staring into...God knows what.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:26 am

I shake Zylo's hand and then wipe mine on my pants leg, "Thanks be unnecessary, yer life was spared. If you plan to travel with us I'll not argue and welcome ye as an ally, but only if ye follow the rules. No looting those you don't kill, no killing those who have no quarrel, and pull yer weight. Now lad maybe the kind folk could give you a good steed instead of the one that almost got ye killed?" To the group, "Sorry to be in my own head this morn, I'm Delrun Forgeheart, old, bold, heart of gold, that's what me father would say at least........right that's it for now, where we headed?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:31 pm