Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:39 pm

"A bloody masajsh...kilbasa...." I lose my words from being inebriated and tried, "De slaves fakin bashed em right. Who be gettin em out though?" I finally say clearly enough. I look to the hairy man, "So dae ain't after just anyone like us, dae be killin tae rich." As I see the dead bodies, I look the yelling woman and walk towards her. Waving I shout, "Oi lass!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 3 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:53 pm

She looks at you scared, and doesn't listen to you. She runs off into the night. (you rolled low)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:06 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"A bloody masajsh...kilbasa...." I lose my words from being inebriated and tried, "De slaves fakin bashed em right. Who be gettin em out though?" I finally say clearly enough. I look to the hairy man, "So dae ain't after just anyone like us, dae be killin tae rich." As I see the dead bodies, I look the yelling woman and walk towards her. Waving I shout, "Oi lass!"

She's busy shouting at others to cease and desist. "Be the change you want in the world!" High idealism. (Persuasion +8 )

Tolr'ax wrote:She looks at you scared, and doesn't listen to you. She runs off into the night. (you rolled low)

Shucks. (No need to explain)
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:22 pm

"What in heavens is goin on in this bloody (literally) town?" I say to myself. I go over to the blood mural and try to remember if I know what the picture refers to. (Religion +2)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:40 pm

I see the drunkenness is still with the dwarf. I sigh.

"I tink the slave owners are te targets, everone else is cannon fodder. Me only question what finally spiked te rise?"

I think of a few reasons pertaining to my personal goals.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:38 am

Shoshana - Everyone within earshot becomes slightly more inspired by your words of encouragement. Warm fuzzies fill their hearts and they know that they can be the change the world in their own little way.

Delrun - you hear the shouting woman's words and you're drunken stupor makes you feel like taking on the world...and working on your ax throwing aim. As you look at the blood mural you recognize that it is a bloody mural on the wall of a rider on a winged horse...maybe you should buy a horse to keep you company in your hermit hole. You do notice however that there is a hooded figure lingering in the nearby alley way to the south, seemingly watching you.

Zylo - You hear the woman's inspiring words and feel like you should have risen up against your masters all those years ago, and that you will try to right the wrongs of your life. You catch some slight movement from the alley way to the south.

ALL - the streets are clearing up now that most of the people have moved on from this area.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:45 am

All three of you hear loud shouting, chanting one could say, coming from the east.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:46 am

I look towards the alleyway to see what is stirring. "He looks suspicious," I say under my breathe not really caring who hears it.

My ears are then flooded with chanting words.

"What te 'ell is dis now?!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:44 am

Dook wrote:

"I tink the slave owners are te targets, everone else is cannon fodder. Me only question what finally spiked te rise?"

What the hell is a cannon?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:45 am

Zylo - you see a shadowy figure duck into the alley as you look that way. And you hear the chanting still. Sounds like it is just around the corner to the East.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 30, 2018 10:36 am

Tolr'ax wrote:All three of you hear loud shouting, chanting one could say, coming from the east.

Shoshana will attempt to discern the origin, and meaning, of the chants. (Perception +6)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 11:23 am

Shoshana - You can tell that the chanting is coming from the North Eastern direction, East down the street and around the Northern corner. It sounds like it is some rally cry, some inspiration, maybe it is a large group of people? It doesn't sound too threatening to you.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:04 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana - You can tell that the chanting is coming from the North Eastern direction, East down the street and around the Northern corner. It sounds like it is some rally cry, some inspiration, maybe it is a large group of people? It doesn't sound too threatening to you.

Shoshana turns towards the noise. "Niko, Petras. I think it's time you find your families. Keep them safe!"

She then unlimbers her shield from her pack, and buckles it into place protecting her left side. She does not, however, immediately arm herself with mace or morningstar.

To the Dwarf and the Human, she shouts, "You'd best find somewhere safe, gentlemen, I do not believe this is done yet."

And off she goes towards the sound of the chants.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:44 pm

Niko and Petras nod in understanding, they head off towards what can be assumed the direction of their houses.

Upon turning the corner, you see a large gathering of people, commoners and slaves as far as you can tell. You know this area to have a platform for the herald of the town to speak the news. You can see a single figure on the platform. A woman, you can tell that she has dark skin, almost gray in hue, her features are all slightly pointed. She has white hair that contrasts her skin. She would be considered beautiful in most circles. The crowd is calling out "Freedom! Freedom". She is soaking up the attention. Her smile gives you a warm pleasant feeling.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Niko and Petras nod in understanding, they head off towards what can be assumed the direction of their houses.

Upon turning the corner, you see a large gathering of people, commoners and slaves as far as you can tell. You know this area to have a platform for the herald of the town to speak the news. You can see a single figure on the platform. A woman, you can tell that she has dark skin, almost gray in hue, her features are all slightly pointed. She has white hair that contrasts her skin. She would be considered beautiful in most circles. The crowd is calling out "Freedom! Freedom". She is soaking up the attention. Her smile gives you a warm pleasant feeling.

Shoshana will join the edge of the crowd. Freedom was a wonderful goal, but what was this dark elf (?) woman's message? Shoshana will continue to listen.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:59 pm

The crowd continues to chant "Freedom! Freedom!".
    The woman smiles and raises her hands, the crowd quiets down.

"Now that you have been freed, we see the chaos of slavery. We as a people cannot enslave one another, even if the rich slavers try to do so!" Every sentence ends pointed. "You have taken back your freedom now. Your faces mark you as slaves to the ones that want to look down upon you and use you to their gain." She holds up a fist and then opens her hand, you see a few gold coins fall to the ground. "Gold and greed has trapped you in shackles, but steel has freed you... I have freed you. I am FREEDOM!"

The crowd goes wild. Screams of "Freedom!!!" can be heard through the crowd.

Back at in front of the tavern, Delrun and Zylo both hear a uproarious "Freedom!" Coming from where the armored woman trotted off to.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:44 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Now that you have been freed, we see the chaos of slavery. We as a people cannot enslave one another, even if the rich slavers try to do so!" Every sentence ends pointed. "You have taken back your freedom now. Your faces mark you as slaves to the ones that want to look down upon you and use you to their gain." She holds up a fist and then opens her hand, you see a few gold coins fall to the ground. "Gold and greed has trapped you in shackles, but steel has freed you... I have freed you. I am FREEDOM!"

The crowd goes wild. Screams of "Freedom!!!" can be heard through the crowd.

Shoshana tilts her head, studying the woman. Was this the mastermind of this little uprising? What did she mean about their faces marking them? (Perception +6)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:48 pm

Shoshana - You glance around the crowd and see that the majority of the people have tattooed faces. You know this island's practices and recognize them as slaves...well former slaves now. You realize that these people will always be marked as slaves, even if their masters have all been killed.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana - You glance around the crowd and see that the majority of the people have tattooed faces. You know this island's practices and recognize them as slaves...well former slaves now. You realize that these people will always be marked as slaves, even if their masters have all been killed.

Well that's fascinating. Surely, though, there is some way to remove these tattoos? (General Intelligence Check? +3)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:10 pm

You think back to your knowledge about slaves and their markings. You know that they are cursed markings that only the most powerful magic could remove. Such magic has not been known to be on this island. At least not for several millennia.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:00 pm

No, that's not right. She thought. Someone ought to right that injustice. This woman, though... Any Insight (+4) on what she says would be useful.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jun 30, 2018 8:51 pm

I run over to the shouts of "freedom", and join the armored lady at her side. "My my this be a sight indeed. They aint as violent once ye givem a chance."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:05 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I run over to the shouts of "freedom", and join the armored lady at her side. "My my this be a sight indeed. They aint as violent once ye givem a chance."

"Once all their masters are dead, you mean."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:00 am

"Aye, though it be hard ta feel pity for de shite that ran this place. Whatya suppose these folk do now?"
    I look at the leader speaking and try to recall any knowledge of her.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Jul 01, 2018 2:08 pm

Shoshana - You realize that this woman is the mastermind behind the revolt. She is genuine in her words, she cares for these people.

Delrun - you can tell that this woman is a leader. She has some elf in her, most likely Drow according to her skin.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 3:32 pm