Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Thu May 25, 2017 8:13 pm

Seeing the winds die down, I take aim with my arrow and shoit at this new, giant horror that has arisen.
    eiznof

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by eiznof Thu May 25, 2017 9:08 pm

Eiznof casts bane. Giant bug must make a charisma save. If it fails it must subtract a D4 from any attack rolls for the next minute
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri May 26, 2017 10:03 am

Round 1 - FIGHT!

A'mryl 10/10 - Fires Arrow. 20 attack hits, 6 damage as the arrow punctures the creatures carapace.

Olo 11/11 - Casts Firebolt. 21 attack hits, 9 fire damage as flames spill out over the creature. It screeches in pain and fury as black smoke rises from its wounded shoulder. It is indeed on fire.

Jamros 6/10 - Fires Arrow. 15 attack hits, 9 damage as another arrow punctures its toughened hide.

Tolr'ax 14/15 - The quickly sun-burning barbarian charges in, because why wouldn't he? Who needs a greatsword? Tolr'ax 14 & 20 + 3 (Guidance) = Tolr'ax 23 vs Bug 22 Strength Contest. The Bug is Grappled and cannot move.

Dook 10/10 - 11 & 6 attacks, both miss.

Giant Ugly Bug - The Bug does not seek to escape the grapple, and instead attacks Tolr'ax in full force. 11 and 14 claw attacks miss, but the creature's bite Crits as its mandables close on Tolr'ax's torso. 15 damage. Tolr'ax, however, is damage resistant while raging and sustains only half damage. 8 damage incurred. The attack staggers the nude Goliath, but he retains his grapple on the creature... though that might be a bad idea considering the wound he has sustained. But hey! The fire hasn't gotten you!

Eiznof 10/10 - Casts Bane. Charisma save of 14, Bug saves on 17.

Round 2 - FIGHT!

A'mryl 10/10 -

Olo 11/11 -

Jamros 6/10 -

Tolr'ax 6/15 - Raging.

Dook 10/10 -

Giant Ugly Bug - Burning.

Eiznof 10/10 -

State your actions.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 26, 2017 10:29 am

Reaction roll 1d12+(3 Con Mod) to shrug off damage.

I pick up the bug and try to rip in in half. Yelling the entire time.

(Responding to Jamros) "I'LL TRY THOUGH, POCKET PATTER!"

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Sat May 27, 2017 10:19 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri May 26, 2017 11:02 am

I grit my teeth in anger "How in the hell did I miss a stationary target!! I must have looked like a fool!!" I once again try the same thing with a bit more ferocity. US:1d4 + Dex 2. BA: 1d4 + Dex 2.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri May 26, 2017 11:35 am

"Tolr'ax! You aren't going to win this battle with a bear hug!!" Looking at the now burning creature, I take a flask of oil and poor some onto an arrow, I take aim at the creature's head and fire the oil soaked arrow in hopes of make the flames catch and burn it worse from the inside while dealing the piercing damage.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat May 27, 2017 10:47 am

I shoot another arrow at this burning monstrosity, taking careful aim not to his the naked goliath that has it in a headlock...
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Sat May 27, 2017 12:19 pm

I pull out my fiddle and begin playing a tune worthy of the site I see before me.

Bardic Inspiration on Tolr'ax 1d6
    eiznof

Post by eiznof Sun May 28, 2017 10:10 pm

I cast healing word. On jamros. 1d4 + 4(my spellcasting modifier).
    I yell to tolrax, "you are possessed with the disposition of a drunken mule and you would just waste my healing"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue May 30, 2017 9:42 am

Round 2 - FIGHT!

A'mryl 10/10 - Longbow shot, 23 flies straight and true. 6 Damage as the arrow seems to flower from the creature's armored skull.

Olo 11/11 - Bardic Inspiration for Tolr'ax.

Jamros 6/10 - Bow shot, 6. I guess the oil fumbled your fingers and the shot goes wide.

Tolr'ax 6/15 - Raging. AND Inspired by the brisk cadence set by Olo's musical prowess. 25 Athletics vs 13. You successfully struggle the Bug off its feet, but by no means are able to lift it over your head or rip it to shreds. Indeed, all you've really managed to do is perform a take-down. The bug crashes down, you atop it. The impact deals 3 damage to the bug.

Oh, and you shrug off a whopping 13 hitpoints of damage. More, in fact, than you actually took. You feel great.

Dook 10/10 - The bug is prone! Somehow, though, perhaps due to the rapid descent of the creature, you miss one attack, but your second thunders into the side of the creature's head. 6 damage.

Giant Ugly Bug - Burning, takes 2 damage from the flames. Attempts to scratch and bite Tolr'ax. It can't get at you at this angle except to bite, and manages a (relatively) feeble snap. Tolr'ax is resistant, takes only 4 damage.

Eiznof 10/10 - Healing word on Jamros for 8 damage, more than he was damaged for. Jamros feels great! Since Healing Word is merely a bonus action, something occurs to Eiznof, and he casts a free cantrip - because why not? Sacred Flame - the bug fails it's dex save and takes 7 radiant damage.

This bastard has taken (24) + 22 damage thus far and is still screeching and flailing. It's pissed off, but if the burns and black ooze from its wounds are any indication, it's not faring too well at the moment.

About this time, Taryn calls out to you all. "Hurry friends, Oridrys is almost finished. If you are on this side of the cave when she casts her spell, you'll be blocked out in these merciless sands with those creatures!"

You probably have time to finish off the bug. But then again, maybe not. There are more chittering sounds coming from the sandy winds now.

Round 3 - FIGHT!

A'mryl 10/10 -

Olo 11/11 -

Jamros 10/10 -

Tolr'ax 11/15 - Raging.

Dook 10/10 -

Giant Ugly Bug - Burning.

Eiznof 10/10 -

State your actions.

Last edited by Troyer on Tue May 30, 2017 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 30, 2017 10:09 am

I pick up my greatsword from the ground and hold it high above my head and let it swing down upon the giant bug. After I attack, I make my way back to the cave, hoping my blow and the other's attacks are enough to kill or at least incapacitate the creature. "This creature is no match for our strength" I look to Olo, "Your song makes Tolr'ax fight better, Small Sock"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue May 30, 2017 10:14 am

I take several steps back into the mouth of the cave and let the last arrow I am willing to dispense on this creature. After loosing the arrow, I step inside the cave and inside the protection of Oridrys's chanting.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue May 30, 2017 2:18 pm

"Well I'm certainly not proud of that attempt.." I say as my arrow flies astray, "but well done everyone else. Eiznof, thank you for mending my wound!" I step back next to Oridrys and take a defensive position with my rapier and wait to counter any offense that may come our way or try to interrupt her. I look towards Taryn and Oridrys and nod proclaiming, "If you are our last resort, we must not let it fail."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 30, 2017 3:31 pm

After Tolr'ax drops his massive sword on the creature, I jump on his shoulders to propel myself higher in the air. I use gravity to bring my body down and at the last second, I spin, to add more force, and slam my heel on the massive creatures head.

I look at Tolr'ax," Sorry I used you to maximize my attack, but I'm sure you can understand under the circumstances. Plus, it felt pretty cool to tag team!" Hahaha

I make my way back to the cave in hopes that it did the trick.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 30, 2017 3:53 pm

Dook wrote:After Tolr'ax drops his massive sword on the creature, I jump on his shoulders to propel myself higher in the air. I use gravity to bring my body down and at the last second, I spin, to add more force, and slam my heel on the massive creatures head.

I look at Tolr'ax," Sorry I used you to maximize my attack, but I'm sure you can understand under the circumstances. Plus, it felt pretty cool to tag team!" Hahaha

"Next time, I will throw you" I smile
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 30, 2017 4:04 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Dook wrote:After Tolr'ax drops his massive sword on the creature, I jump on his shoulders to propel myself higher in the air. I use gravity to bring my body down and at the last second, I spin, to add more force, and slam my heel on the massive creatures head.

"Next time, I will throw you" I smile

Yes!!
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue May 30, 2017 4:40 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I pick up my greatsword from the ground and hold it high above my head and let it swing down upon the giant bug. After I attack, I make my way back to the cave, hoping my blow and the other's attacks are enough to kill or at least incapacitate the creature. "This creature is no match for our strength" I look to Olo, "Your song makes Tolr'ax fight better, Small Sock"

Crit. 18 damage. Your blade cleaves the creature nearly in twain. Good for you.

Acrobatics Check. 7+2+2 = 11. You jump onto Tolr'ax's head, missing his shoulders, and slipping down awkwardly into the goo that is the now-dead giant beetle. Luckily the entrails broke your fall, so no damage suffered. That's what you get, Macho-Man.
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Tue May 30, 2017 4:42 pm

In spite of the seriousness of the situation, I can't hold back a smirk at this scene.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 30, 2017 4:52 pm

I laugh at the sight. And go over to theothers in the cave and hold my sword ready for more fighting. "Keep your guard" I say still steaming with rage. I look around trying to determine if and where the next attack will come from.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue May 30, 2017 4:56 pm

I walk back to the cave, head down, pride broken...
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Wed May 31, 2017 8:48 pm

I will also back into the cave...
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:30 am

Eiznof fucks off back to the cave. Yay, you're all there.

Oridrys completes her spell, whatever it was, and suddenly the opening to the cave turns opaque, and there's a soft light coming from... somewhere.

"There. Longest minute of my life. We are protected from intruders and the elements for several hours. I cannot, however, move from this location else the enchantment dissipates instantly. For the time being, though, we have a sanctuary from harm in all directions. You may come and go from this vicinity freely. Hmm. Perhaps you should explore our new home," she says while gesturing towards the darkened interior of the complex.

Those of you with Darkvision can see it goes back quite a ways. A'mryl can see it goes farther than even you know.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:06 pm

"That was exhausting, but we should not linger, this cave may lead to a path where we can move around those creatures out there without another encounter. That doesn't mean we are safe in here either. A'mryl, if I could borrow your superior vision, come with me and I can search for traps and corridors, but if you see anything suspicious beyond my sight it would help."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:14 pm

I go out and drag the bug's corpse into the enclosure and start pulling off it's mandibles and fashioning them into swords. "Bug thing's jaws are almost enough to hurt Tolr'ax, they will come in handy for weak enemies."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I go out and drag the bug's corpse into the enclosure and start pulling off it's mandibles and fashioning them into swords. "Bug thing's jaws are almost enough to hurt Tolr'ax, they will come in handy for weak enemies."

You step out into the raging winds once more, and are confronted with an unpleasant sight. There are over 30 of the oversized Ants entering the cave mouth. They are all armed, and they all see you. They begin chittering excitedly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 7:37 pm