Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:10 pm

*I aim and loose another arrow*
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:36 pm

"Kobolds! Are you guys done out there? Got more company!" Rolled 14
    eiznof

Post by eiznof Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:37 am

Rolled a 13. I'll save tol'rax, but I say we let him sleep for awhile, we could use some quiet while we kick this bugs ass.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:22 am

eiznof wrote:Rolled a 13. I'll save tol'rax, but I say we let him sleep for awhile, we could use some quiet while we kick this bugs ass.

You don't have to roll. And yeah, Tolr'ax has time.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:10 am

I cast fire bolt on the momma bug
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:24 am

rolled 8
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:31 am

In my incapacitated state, I grumble angrily, everyone can tell that I am still pissed off as hell...even when I am not able to move.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Jun 12, 2017 12:31 pm

I notice Jamros's tribulation. "Kinda busy with a big ass beettle! Hold out you sneaky bastard! I believe your agile will persevere until we can take care of this!"

I perform another blow on the giant beetle and follow up with another kick.

Unarmed strike + Bonus Strike: Unarmed Strike.
    (I have 1 more ki and 1 more lucky fyi)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:52 pm

I lay on the ground. Unmoving. Silent. Shallow breath. Blood dripping out of my body.
    eiznof

Post by eiznof Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:28 am

Eiznof casts spiritual weapon. Does 1d8 damage + 4(wisdom) on giant bug. As a bonus action I'll cast healing word on tolr'axs bleeding ass, 1d4 + 4 healing.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:40 am

BEETLE MOMMA - ROUND 3 - FIGHT

Tolr'ax 0/23 - Fails Death Save. 2 Remaining.

Momma Bug - Strikes at Dook; Multi-attack. The beetle lashes out with its claws, missing your nimble moves. The bite, however, catches you, dealing 6 damage.

Dook - One attack misses, the other lands (with some Luck). Deals 9 damage total. The beetle staggers back. You still have 1 Ki.

A'mryl - Hunter's Mark. Longbow Attack. The arrow plants deep into the creatures neck. Orange-y goo is now spilling from the creature in half a dozen wounds. (Being that the beetle has moved back into its room, you have to move to get a shot; does not impact your action.)

Eiznof - Casts Spiritual Weapon. Spiritual Weapon misses the beetle. Healing Word heals for maximum, 8 HP to Tolr'ax.

Olo - Casts Fire Bolt. Critical Strike. 14 damage total. The beetle lets out what can only be called a whimper and falls backwards onto its haunches. Congrats. The Queen is dead. (You, too, had to move to get a good shot; no impact on your action.)

The other lantern beetles stop flashing their lights, and indeed their lights diminish and all but extinguish. As a wave, they all crawl by you all, into the room with the fallen mother beetle. It is now extremely dark in the halls and rooms, save for the soft glow coming from the hatchery.

You hear a cacophony of shouts and screeches. The echoes belie the direction of origin, though some of it at least is undeniably from the tunnel Jamros crawled into. Something is not happy.

KOBOLD CRAWL - ROUND 1 - FIGHT - being fought concurrently with the above combat.

Kobold Skink 1 - Attacks with Club. Misses.

Kobold Thug - Cheap Shot. Normally requires a Con-Save from the target... but this attack crits. So no Con-Save. The target, being Jamros, "becomes incapacitated until the end of the Kobold's next turn."

Jamros 17/17 - Incapacitated. Shucks!

Kobold Skink 2 - Scrabbles forward and pulls free your weapons and pack; you are now disarmed.

Well that was fast, eh? Between the Skinks and Thug, you are bound and gagged, and they begin dragging you down the tunnel. After a time, you'll regain consciousness and are free to make checks to free yourself and/or look around.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:51 am

"Finally, the mammoth of a bug is down! . . Wait, . . .where is Jamros?" I ask to the people who are arouND and conscious.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:03 pm

Waking up from my little nap I exclaim wildly "IRON AND STEEL ARE WEAK AGAINST THE BEST!"

Then I look around and see the dead beetle. "Well useful knowledge if we come across another"

I walk over and pluck my javelin from it's corpse.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:12 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Waking up from my little nap I exclaim wildly "IRON AND STEEL ARE WEAK AGAINST THE BEST!"

Then I look around and see the dead beetle. "Well useful knowledge if we come across another"

It was in the beast too long and has corroded badly. Beyond use.

Same with A'mryl's arrows.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:44 pm

Troyer wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Waking up from my little nap I exclaim wildly "IRON AND STEEL ARE WEAK AGAINST THE BEST!"

It was in the beast too long and has corroded badly. Beyond use.

Same with A'mryl's arrows.

I walk up to Tolr'ax and pat his back. "It was a good javlin. It's time to put it to rest and find pocket patter."
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:25 pm

*I cast dancing lights in the absence of the bugs* "Let's go get Jamros."
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm

In the light I look hurriedly towards the tunnel. "Jamros?" To the others "He sounded in distress, does anyone see him?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:26 am

A'mryl's light orbs fill the room with a soft glow. Everything is visible, even for Tolr'ax.

There is no sign of Jamros.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:01 pm

"POCKET PATTER!!!!!!!!" I yell as loud as a Goliath can. "Anyone know where he might have gone? He wasn't in here when we slayed the bug, not that I saw that is...he is one sneaky bastard."

I check the room for any signs of him. (Particularly any foot prints in the bug poo that might show where he might have gone)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:58 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"POCKET PATTER!!!!!!!!" I yell as loud as a Goliath can. "Anyone know where he might have gone? He wasn't in here when we slayed the bug, not that I saw that is...he is one sneaky bastard."

I check the room for any signs of him. (Particularly any foot prints in the bug poo that might show where he might have gone)

Your hands have poo on them. Congrats.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:16 pm

When I wake up I stay quiet and study the kobolds and my surrounding.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 23, 2017 3:16 pm

I walk over to Dook and give him a pat on the back, but secretly wiping the poo on him.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:13 pm

"He was yelling from that direction" I point toward the tunnel. I go to the tunnel. Can I see anything that may help?
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:13 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote:When I wake up I stay quiet and study the kobolds and my surrounding.

You're still being dragged along a long tunnel. Hallway. Sort of. There are intermittent lights around, torches and whatnot, but everything is still rather dim. You can make out that the architecture seems to be mostly that of the other portions of the complex you've seen... but a pale comparison, almost. As if done in a hurry, or after the fact by someone trying to emulate the original. So you haven't, apparently, been taken too far away.

However, that's where the similarities stop. Everything here is cluttered. Cluttered with... junk. And rubble. And the lived-in smell is like nothing you've ever encountered. And the dozens of creatures around explain why. You are quite literally surrounded by a sea of Kobolds, all of whom seem to be both angry with you, but curious about you - they are scrabbling over one another to get a look at you.

You don't understand a thing they're saying.

Olo wrote:"He was yelling from that direction" I point toward the tunnel. I go to the tunnel. Can I see anything that may help?

Marks in the dusty, dingy floor showing something was dragged away.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:38 pm

"These appear to be drag marks! Something has taken him"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:19 am