Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Troyer Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:10 pm

It does not give.
    Dook
    Dook

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 22 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Dook Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:47 am

I stood there in silence, intrigued and interested in the story the Elf proclaimed. As he finishes, I tense up and have a strong urge to take on this quest. I look at the others, waiting to see if they are ready as well.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:26 am

I kick the wall, seeing if it will give at all.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:35 am

Several fist-sized rocks fall away. And you hear something faintly shift.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am

Can I see if there is anything on the other side? Is it a hidden room or pathway?
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:54 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Can I see if there is anything on the other side? Is it a hidden room or pathway?

It is a wall. You see rock.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:39 pm

I give up on the wall and continue down the path.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:29 pm

As you walk on, another couple of rocks fall. And then a couple more.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:40 am

I pay the wall no mind. And continue down the path.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:28 pm

The last rocks you heard fall echo distantly down the corridors.

You continue on through a short tunnel that opens into a large chamber, nearly the size of the Cathedral, though less opulent and lower ceilings. It is well over 100 feet long, and the darkness shrouds most of it from sight. To your right the wall curves away from you out of sight, but across from you in that direction about 40 feet away is another tunnel, and from there you hear water dripping again, but in what is clearly larger amounts than the small pond behind you. To your immediate right is a small antechamber that you can see leads into a larger room.

Something clicks there.
    Several somethings.
    As you peer into the darkness there, several Thri-Kreen emerge with weapons drawn.

ROLL INITIATIVE!
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:53 pm

*sigh* Initiative Roll = 5
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:00 pm

I start a rage as soon as possible.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:12 pm

ROUND 1 - FIGHT

TK1 - Charges Tolr'ax with a spear. Rolls 5. Misses badly. Must be the sudden light from the torch. Yeah, that's it. I'm sure he squawks that excuse to his buddies, too.

Eiznof 22/22 - Rushing forward and to the side, Eiznof pushes his hands forward and shouts. Fire springs forth in a wave. The flames arc towards TK2, 3 & 4. Two dodge, one doesn't, suffers 9 fire damage. With a hissing screech, it falls back, blackened and unmoving.

TK2 - DEAD.

TK3 - Charges Tolr'ax with a spear. Its aim is true and the spear embeds deeply into Tolr'ax's thigh. 6 Damage.

TK4 - Moves around and throws a weird ninja start thingy at Eiznof. Eiznof uses his Reaction to trigger his Light Cleric Warding Flare feature. Suddenly blinded by the divine light, the attack is at disadvantage. Rolls 6. The thrown weapon goes wide and clatters down the hallway.

Tolr'ax 28/34 - RAGES! Raging is a Bonus Action. You may now declare a standard action!

TK5 - Crit Fails Initiative. Trips and falls. No action this turn, because he's clumsy and lame.

ROUND 2 - FIGHT

TK1 -

Eiznof 22/22 -

TK2 - DEAD

TK3 -

TK4 -

Tolr'ax 28/34 -

TK5 -
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:21 pm

When TK3 digs his spear into my leg, I stand unflinching at him, I slam my fist straight into his little ant face. (I have on my fist weapons 1d2) and then move back into the hallway to gain tactical advantage and ready my greatsword.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 19, 2017 7:53 pm

You smash him good. 7 damage. He staggers, but does not fall. Moving back provokes an attack of opportunity. From two enemies. One misses, one hits for 3 damage.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 19, 2017 11:04 pm

I swing my greatsword at the neck of the Thri-Kreen that hit me for 3.

I work myself into a frenzy.

And for a bonus action, I will slice the next closest one through the chest.

While I do so, I scream "I AM TIRED OF BUGS IN THIS LAND!"

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:50 am

ROUND 2 - FIGHT

TK1 - Missing Tolr'ax twice, figures third time's a charm. Stabs with his spear towards the Goliath. Roll 11. Nope!

Eiznof 22/22 - Sacred Flame on TK3, because a punch to the face didn't do him any favors. TK fails Dex Save and gets blasted with Divine energy. He crumples without a sound.

TK2 - DEAD.

TK3 - DEAD.

TK4 - Rushes forward, blades sticking out of his hands, swinging like a whirlwind. He focuses in on the Goliath as well, because apparently his idiot companions can't do their jobs. Multiattack. Two attacks barely miss, but the last strikes meaty Goliath flesh. Another 7 damage, half resisted; only 4 incurred.

Tolr'ax 21/34 - Raging. Roll 24. Smash TK1 with your sword; he crunches loudly and collapses. Roll 26. Hit TK4 for 7. The creature doesn't seem to notice his wound and Reacts with an additional counterstrike, which misses.

TK5 - Gets up from his embarrassing fall, rushes Eiznof. Crit Fails... again. Doofus drops his spear in the pitiful thrust.

ROUND 3 - FIGHT

TK1 - DEAD

Eiznof 22/22 - Snatches up the spear, leaving the Thri-Kreen unarmed save for its natural claws. Casts Sacred Flame on TK5; Fails Dex Save. Suffers 4 Divine Damage. Seeing its position, it turns to flee. Opportunity attack from Eiznof; Warcaster Feat. Casts Sacred Flame again on TK5; Fails Dex Save. Divine energy engulfs the creature; it screeches and slams facefirst into the stone wall in its flailing. It falls to the ground and doesn't move.

TK2 - DEAD

TK3 - DEAD

TK4 - Continues it's barrage against Tolr'ax. First attack misses, other two hit (Rolls 18 & 20). 9 Damage dealth, only 4 incurred due to Rage Resistance.

Tolr'ax 17/34 - RAGING! FRENZY!

TK5 - DEAD
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:14 pm

I look at Dook who just stares rudely, and speak up, "While I hate speaking for others, I believe Dook and Olo will be ready to take on the task, lets move out then, Kip, would you lead the way, we should find this Lorximon in the Cave of Guardians. His power would be very useful." With that I ready my gear and prepare to go.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:20 pm

"If we can catch up to Tolr'ax we should, perhaps Diaval could reach him?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:19 pm

I shove the Thri-Kreen to the ground and make a bonus attack with my sword, bringing the heavy blade down upon it's weak ant body.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:36 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I shove the Thri-Kreen to the ground and make a bonus attack with my sword, bringing the heavy blade down upon it's weak ant body.

Your Athletics beats the Ant's Dex. He is thrown down to the ground. Your bonus attack brings your greatsword down hard. The Ant takes 11 damage. It isn't dead, but it isn't getting back up either.

Combat is, essentially, over.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:41 pm

I grab the Thri-Kreen by the head and look at it in the eyes, I turn it around to face it's dead brethren.

"You are no match for us" I squeeze his head until it pops.

I want to inspect the bodies and search for any gold, food, water, weapons, and valuable items.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:46 pm

A'mryl wrote:"As blundering as he is, the goliath needs to join us if we are going to stand against these Snakes." *To Abraxas* "Is there a chance our group could be reunited? We are stronger when we stand together."

Dook wrote:I stood there in silence, intrigued and interested in the story the Elf proclaimed. As he finishes, I tense up and have a strong urge to take on this quest. I look at the others, waiting to see if they are ready as well.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I look at Dook who just stares rudely, and speak up, "While I hate speaking for others, I believe Dook and Olo will be ready to take on the task, lets move out then, Kip, would you lead the way, we should find this Lorximon in the Cave of Guardians. His power would be very useful." With that I ready my gear and prepare to go.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"If we can catch up to Tolr'ax we should, perhaps Diaval could reach him?"

Abraxas speaks up. "Or, well, I suppose you could take the SkyWays." He points to the tunnel at the back of the room, the only other exit from the room excepting the one you entered. "It is a steep climb, and once above... I cannot say what you might find. It has been sealed for decades."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:51 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I grab the Thri-Kreen by the head and look at it in the eyes, I turn it around to face it's dead brethren.

"You are no match for us" I squeeze his head until it pops.

I want to inspect the bodies and search for any gold, food, water, weapons, and valuable items.

No gold. Just some more bronze items, a leather belt pouch sort of thing. Some small grub bugs, tubers, and a little water. Apparently that's what these guys subsist on.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:16 pm

I want to take them all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:02 am