Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:09 pm

*I say loudly enough to it reverberates* "Echo?"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 12 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by A'mryl Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:09 pm

*my eyebrows raise and I say loudly enough for it to reverberate*"Echo?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:10 pm

"Ah, I was thinking a specific phrase needed to be echoed, but this works as well."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Nothing happens.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:14 pm

I try in Elven "Echo!"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:14 pm

"Olo, suggestions?" *I tell her what I can read if she is unable tonread the languages as well.*
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I try in Elven "Echo!"

The Elvish script glows.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:16 pm

"I see, A'mryl, try saying Echo in Undercommon."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:16 pm

Oridrys speaks. "Taryn, take our large handsome friends over to the stone. They are not needed here, and perhaps can help there. I cannot, for I cannot leave this spot. Tolr'ax, Dook?"
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:18 pm

I say "Echo!" In undercommon!
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:23 pm

A'mryl wrote:I say "Echo!" In undercommon!

The undercommon glows.
    The common and elvish are already glowing.

The other 3 are not.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:26 pm

I say "Echo." in Primordial. "That will leave 2 more, but why the 3 in the middle?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:27 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I say "Echo." in Primordial.

The Primordial glows.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"That will leave 2 more, but why the 3 in the middle?"

Why, indeed?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Troyer wrote:Oridrys speaks. "Taryn, take our large handsome friends over to the stone. They are not needed here, and perhaps can help there. I cannot, for I cannot leave this spot. Tolr'ax, Dook?"

I gather my things and head toward the tunnel. Pausing for a moment. I look at Oridrys "I apologize for thinking you weak. This barrier saved us, you are a true warrior. We will return for you.....magic can be useful in times of dire need..." speaking so only she can hear "These others may not be as strong as you..."

I look to Taryn. "Show the way boy."

I follow him down the tunnel.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:15 pm

I put my hand on Taryn's shoulder and say "If you need any training to somewhat defend yourself and your beautiful aunt, I would gladly lend you my expertise."

I then follow him and Tolr'ax to the part of the cave where everyone else is
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:36 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Troyer wrote:Oridrys speaks. "Taryn, take our large handsome friends over to the stone. They are not needed here, and perhaps can help there. I cannot, for I cannot leave this spot. Tolr'ax, Dook?"

I gather my things and head toward the tunnel. Pausing for a moment. I look at Oridrys "I apologize for thinking you weak. This barrier saved us, you are a true warrior. We will return for you.....magic can be useful in times of dire need..." speaking so only she can hear "These others may not be as strong as you..."

I look to Taryn. "Show the way boy."

I follow him down the tunnel.

Dook wrote:I put my hand on Taryn's shoulder and say "If you need any training to somewhat defend yourself and your beautiful aunt, I would gladly lend you my expertise."

I then follow him and Tolr'ax to the part of the cave where everyone else is

Taryn nods to his aunt and leads the others off into the darkened interior. A'mryl's orbs cast a good, clear light easily marking their path. They arrive at the stone slab with the others.

Immediately, Dook notices that one of the scripts is Celestial: "A second I’ll last but there's more than just me"

Taryn stares blankly at the slab for a moment, then murmurs some word none of you comprehend. The other script is now glowing, leaving only the Celestial.

All eyes on you, Dook.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:06 pm

"Dook, if you understand what is says, speak Echo in that language."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:46 pm

"What lies beyond this door....might be worse than the creatures behind us."
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:48 pm

"Surely you are not affraid of the unknown, goliath?" I smirk.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:58 pm

"Not afraid, just warry of this place...it is not right, what would put this door here, to keep out all but ones that know these languages. I am no linguist, and those other than common I cannot read. I find it....odd that at least one of us can read each of these words"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:00 pm

"Ah but surely Tolr'ax the Beast Grappler is not afraid of what lies in the shadows! Besides I don't believe anyone is excited to be here."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:07 pm

"Hahaha, you make a good point, Pocket Patter."
    I ready my sword and stare intensely at Dook.
    "Say the word, Air Kicker"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:30 pm

I look at everyone as they are waiting in anticipation. I nod my head to everyone and say the word "Echo!!"

A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:33 pm

"Say it in Celestial, if you please."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:41 pm

*face palm* "Sorry"... "Echo!!" In Celestial

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 am