Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:27 pm

"Yer a thick pair a nutsacks, a tried to have some mercy tae ya! Well fak ya!" I yell as I drive my pick at the woman's head with a mighty swing.
    Dook
    Dook

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 2 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:10 pm

"Well dis escalated real quick like!" I say as the body flies through the window. I peer outside to see what the chaos outside looks like.

Perception check?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:19 am

Delrun - You're pick swings through the air, just the air, you miss the woman completely, maybe you had a little too much to drink.
    The half orc swings his ax at you again but it catches your shield.
    the woman ducks from your attack and tries to attack you, but it fails critically. The club slips from her blood covered hands and she falls to the ground. She looks up at you with tears welling up in her eyes. She knows that this was a fatal error.

Zylo - You see the chaos outside, there is a large fire on the opposite side of the street. You see people running around and hear their screams. You hear a female voice trying to calm the crowd. You see people darting past the window. The smell of smoke fills the tavern.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:24 am

Some of the other patrons make a run for the door as Delrun distracts the 2 slaves.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:45 am

"It seems dis place will leave us encumbered if we stay here any longer. Stay under te table for yor safety." I say to the women.

I yell at the dwarf "Don't kill dat woman, I 'ave questions fer her!"

I stand and walk towards them. The slave women in particular.

I grab her in a way that she can't move.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:48 am

Delrun - you hear the woman whisper "better to die free than to live as a slave". Then you hear the white haired stranger from the other side of the room yell not to kill her.

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:49 am

Zylo - the halfling woman isn't paying any attention to you she starts crawling toward the window, trying to make her escape.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:52 am

I shake my head at the halfling, no longer interested in her safety. She'll do what she will and might die. Not my business. My business are with these slaves.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:55 am

"Now be waitin just a moment the both of yous. Ya ain't ma slave and I ave no need fer un. I offered tae let you go and you try to bash ma head. So at least give an answer tae what the farse is appenin?? A revolt is it?" I look to the half-orc, "And you, I hit you once already but if ye dun stop you kill yourself."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:02 am

I pick up my hands axe out of the dwarf I mistakenly murdered and put it back on my belt. I go to the crawling woman and offer her a hand to help her up.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:08 am

The half orc, covered in his own blood, opens his mouth to speak and the dead dwarf's friend caves in his head and he falls to the ground dead. "Fark you fer tryin to kill my friend!" Then he eyes Delrun. "WHY IN THE NAME OF THE GODS DID YOU HELP THIS SHITE KILL MY BROTHER!" His face red and gripping his hammer about to attack.

Zylo - you have the woman by the throat, but she can speak still. "Might as well kill me, bastard" she looks at you with a stern unmoving face. "I am as good as dead anyways"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:17 am

"Whoa! I aimed for him (pointing to the half-orc) but the ale I had threw me off!...I'm sorry, but right now there be other threats and I think we ought be leavin."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:21 am

I look at her with an unnerving, piercing look (Intimidation) "Well, as a former slave, I can relate to ye. But do not give meh dis shit about death. Live for yeself cause if yeh don't, yeh been dead well before yeh met meh."

I am straight with my words and my eyes not moving from hers.

"What de hell is all dis? Why cause dis destruction? Who is leading dis revolt? Tell meh!" I demand in a way that she knows I have no tolerance for bullshitting around.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:24 am

The dwarf looks at you. You see a tear well up in his eye "that doesn't excuse you murdering my brother!" He says in an exasperated voice. A little spittle flies out of his mouth. He charges Delrun, warhammer drawn.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:31 am

Zylo - she spits in your face, clearly not intimidated. "You know the taste of freedom. Freedom is leading this fight. Freedom and hope. You should know just as well as me that it is better to live free for minutes than live years as a slave."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:32 am

"Sigh, no I suppose it dun. Still, I just want tae go home!" I say as I run outside to escape the conflict.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:39 am

I am not angry from her words, but I do not tolerate her actions.

I wipe the spit from my face and grip her throat tighter, claws slowly penetrating her skin.

"...you did not answer meh question...WHO IS BEHIND THIS!!" I shout in her face, teeth shown and gritted.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:14 am

Zylo - her face turns red from less circulation, blood starts trickling from her neck, "Freedom." She chokes out. You realize that this is the truth. You have the sense that there she knows nothing important.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:59 pm

Delrun - you out run the dwarf, you look back as you go through the front door and see him just stop and fall to his knees, giving up the fight. You smell smoke and blood. From your many travels to this town, you know that it smells of blood usually, but not this blood. This is different. This is fresh blood.

There are half a dozen bodies laying about the street, all wearing more expensive clothing and accessories.

There are people running around, you spy a few slaves, armed with simple weapons.

A few buildings are on fire, the sky is filled with smoke.

One of the buildings has a body sitting at the wall, you see a mural painted in blood (most likely from the body) raggedly smeared upon the wall. As best you can tell it seems to be a human mounted upon a winged horse.

To the North you see a group of 20 towns guard putting people in manacles and trying to extinguish the revolt...and the fires.

To the South, you see just a couple more bodies, the area is pretty much devoid of anyone standing.

To the West, you see a human woman trying to calm the commotion.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:48 pm

I let go of the woman and look at her. I say,"Live while yeh still draw breath."

I walk out the front door and observe the commotion on the outside. I see the dwarf looking more sober now. I take in the situation and observe the environment to determine my next move.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:15 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:To the West, you see a human woman trying to calm the commotion.

"Stop that! Put that down! Put her down!" She shouted to some of the nearby looters and ransackers.

The woman was adorned in a richly embroidered crimson justacorp, buckled over a simple chainmail hauberk, both of which flared at the waist to end around the knee. Her shoulders had simple chain pauldrons, and her forearms were clad in leather bracers. Her cream-white leggings, such as they could be seen, were cropped into knee-high boots of supple black leather. Her hair was dark as the night, and shorn at the nape of her neck, bound in silver chains, and a cone-shaped pointed hat of curious design rested between her shoulder blades hanging on the chin-strap still around her neck. Her eyes were blue as the noon-day sky, her complexion that of one who had traveled far and often beneath the sun. At her waist was a simple studded cudgel, and across her back was strapped a kite shield and wickedly spiked morningstar.

"Niko, Petras, go stop them!" She says to the only two men who had bothered to actually listen to her to this point.

Last edited by Troyer on Sat Jun 30, 2018 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:38 pm

The two men, both human, run over and confront the two man carrying the woman. They grab him and she falls to the ground, gets up and runs away. The man, tattooed and unarmed, wriggles away from the two men and runs the opposite direction.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:39 pm

Zylo - You see the same thing as Delrun.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:47 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The two men, both human, run over and confront the two man carrying the woman. They grab him and she falls to the ground, gets up and runs away. The man, tattooed and unarmed, wriggles away from the two men and runs the opposite direction.

"Don't run, miss! There's safety in numbers!" (Persuasion +8 )
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:23 pm

"Well what eh mighty fine mess this is, eh?" I cross my arms and shake meh head.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:19 pm