Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Dook
    Dook

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:16 pm

I see the hostility in there eyes and prepare myself for the oncoming slaves.
    As the draw closer to me, I jump in the air and flip behind Slave 3 and when I land, I bury my elbow into his/her back.

(Athletics +8, Acrobatics +7, unarmed strike)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 9 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:03 pm

You successfully land your jump and drive your elbow into his back, he grunts in pain.

He swings his club at you but makes no contact.
    Slave 2 comes to you and swings at your back and makes a critical hit on you. You take 4 damage.
    Slave 1 runs towards you and swings at your knee, shooting pain drives up your leg as the club hits you take 3 damage.

In all you take 7 damage. Even though these men are attacking you, you feel that they are not trying to take your life.

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:19 pm

Shoshana clicks her tongue in exasperation. "The sins of the slavers were not your suffering alone; other small folk suffered too. Spare that cur's life!" She shouts out to them, sending a prayer up to Malcolm for his protection. (Persuasion +8 )
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:29 pm

Your words are only heard by the people in the room since there is a window blocking the slaves from hearing you.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:32 pm

I growl at the enemies "You have messed with the wrong person! If you want to live, you better leave now!"
    My eyes pierce the enemies and I start breathing incredibly heavy.
    I pull out 2 daggers, one in each hand Intimidation +1

Last edited by Dook on Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:32 pm

"They seek to purge the thieves that would take from the dead. The lad doesn't need die today." I walk over to the stable and open its door and mount my horse to ride it outside.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:42 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Your words are only heard by the people in the room since there is a window blocking the slaves from hearing you.

(A stable with glass windows? Both fancy and odd.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:26 pm

Zylo - the men stand their ground at your words. One spits on the ground "We are owed the gold these men gained from our labor, it is not yours". Another chimes in "We wont kill you, but you won't be able to come after us." (Do you have an action to do? Or is that your turn?)

Delrun - you mount your horse while the fight outside is happening. Your mount is not used to you, it bucks as you get on. You sit atop this horse and ride out into the street. You are to the south of the fight.

Shoshana - you realize that there is glass on the window and puzzle to yourself how this stable could afford such a luxury item. You see that the room around you has other items that seem more luxurious than a regular stable would offer. These stable keeps are poor.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:41 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Shoshana - you realize that there is glass on the window and puzzle to yourself how this stable could afford such a luxury item. You see that the room around you has other items that seem more luxurious than a regular stable would offer. These stable keeps are poor.

Stunned by the sudden appearance of such items in a room she had now spent several hours scouring, Shoshana will of course have found some way to get her message to the streetside thugs. Because shouting at a pane of glass is most certainly not what a wisdomous and intelligent woman would do.

Further, she would be baffled and aghast that her other erstwhile companion would breech her defenses again from the other side of the stables. Shouting, now in anger, "You fools and your foolish ways!" She would then cross over and bar and fortify the idiot dwarf's new exit as well.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:09 pm

I attempt to calm my horse before riding to the fight, "There there friend, take it easy I will not let harm come to ye." (Animal Handling)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Troyer wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:

Stunned by the sudden appearance of such items in a room she had now spent several hours scouring, Shoshana will of course have found some way to get her message to the streetside thugs. Because shouting at a pane of glass is most certainly not what a wisdomous and intelligent woman would do.

Further, she would be baffled and aghast that her other erstwhile companion would breech her defenses again from the other side of the stables. Shouting, now in anger, "You fools and your foolish ways!" She would then cross over and bar and fortify the idiot dwarf's new exit as well.

What fools indeed, rushing out in the night to find gold and to fight slaves. What fools indeed....Shoshana realizes that the items were of no use to her in the moment of fortification, and she did not note them of anything worth storing in her big brain. She was much too focused on them, but now that she noticed this window with glass, she starts remembering all the little luxury items she rifled through around the room.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:06 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Troyer wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:

What fools indeed, rushing out in the night to find gold and to fight slaves. What fools indeed....Shoshana realizes that the items were of no use to her in the moment of fortification, and she did not note them of anything worth storing in her big brain. She was much too focused on them, but now that she noticed this window with glass, she starts remembering all the little luxury items she rifled through around the room.

Sure.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:36 pm

"As a former slave, I have as much money to this as you do. If you continue to fight me, I am not sure what will happen..." I say begrudgingly.

I lunge towards the 2nd slaver and attack with both my daggers.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:14 am

Zylo - it's a both your daggers sink into the man's chest, he takes a big breath as your daggers pull from his body, he coughs blood. He raises his club up and brings it swiftly down right into the dirt, missing you completely.
    Slave 1 swings his club at you again, striking you in the arm, more pain shoots up your arm you take 2 bludgeoning damage.
    Slave 3, recovering from his first attack, swings and hits your chest. The breath rushes out of your lungs, you take 3 bludgeoning damage.
    Delrun regains control of his mount and enters the fight.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:21 pm

Shoshana will calm the stablehands. "I'm sure they'll be fine. You can't trust men to be anything but boarish boys sometimes." She says this, without even a hint of irony as she speaks to the two men in the room, and even looks to the old woman who must SURELY understand what she's saying.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:07 pm

The old woman just smiles a toothless smile at you. You get the impression that she knows EXACTLY what you are talking about.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:39 pm

I fall down onto one knee still clutching both daggers and say to the slaves,"Why would yeh attack someone who was just like yeh? I too was a slave, can yeh not tell from the shackles on meh?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:15 pm

As I ride over to the fight I shout, "Stop this bloody madness now! He's had enough!" My eyes dart to Zylo, "Get on the horse and let's go back, leave the gold ya greedy bastard." (Persuasion)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:27 pm

The slaves look at you with contempt. "This is not your fight, Dwarf! This one needs to be taught a lesson!"

(Jordan, its your turn, do something)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:45 am

Shoshana sighs at the stupidity of man.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:25 pm

I concede, " No gold is worth me life." I move back towards the house for protection hoping they will aid me.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:00 pm

Zylo - the slaves point their clubs at you. "Hand over the coins that are rightfully ours then."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:59 pm

*sigh* "Fine..." I drop most of the coin to the ground.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:41 pm

"There you have it, now go get out of here, there still be guards that would also like that gold, and they won't ask for it." I look at Zylo, "Get on I'll carry yer arse back."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:49 pm

The men gather the coin (how much did you drop).
    They walk away victorious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 12:18 pm