Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 8 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:59 pm

"We have a cart, but we need it for our work, if you gave a good offer, we might sell." the older man grumbles.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 8 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Troyer Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:17 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:*Clarifications*
    1) Spring, they are very prepared for any cold nights. Probably Boy Scouts.
    2) They have any manner of tool a stable/farm would have, so yes, pitchfork, hammer, nails, saw, simple carpentry items.
    3) The actual stable does not have windows, but the living quarters has a window to let in some natural light when it isn't scary outside, it has wooden shutters that could be nailed shut with little effort.

You fortified the area beautifully. Looks like a Kevin McCallister rigged everything up, no Wet Bandits getting in this house!

The little old lady just watches you as you work, 3 hours pass of your fortification. Banmila watches you as well, all the while with a big, goofy smile on her face. The family provides everyone with potato stew, there are meat chunks in it as well, beef? pork? horse?? you can't tell. It is yummy in your little tummies. Makes you all very full.

Once the fortifications are done, you inspect the horses. 20 stalls line the stable walls. You can easily tell which of the 4 horses are the ones they are offering to sell.

One large black stallion with a white mane and tail, he is strong and calm.
    Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 8 Black_10

"How much for the Black? Does he have a name?"

Tolr'ax wrote:"We have a cart, but we need it for our work, if you gave a good offer, we might sell." the older man grumbles.

"No, Friends, it would be merely convenient for me, not life-sustaining. You must keep it, and hope that tomorrow brings more calm than this night.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:38 pm

Delrun will walk up to the tan horse. He eyes the war horse curiously, but remembers his own size and decides it's best not to put his trust in needing a ladder for his mount. "And for the beauty here? Seems sturdy enough."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:52 am

"Black one is 80 gold, little tan one is 70" The old man grunts.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:52 am

I walk up to the war horse. Stocky and strong. Fierce... I feel I would get along well with this beast. I look at the beautiful creature in it's eyes as it stares back at me. I lay my hand out towards it to see its reaction toward me. (Animal Handling +2)

"How much for this beautiful creature?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:49 pm

Dook wrote:I walk up to the war horse. Stocky and strong. Fierce... I feel I would get along well with this beast. I look at the beautiful creature in it's eyes as it stares back at me. I lay my hand out towards it to see its reaction toward me. (Animal Handling +2)

"How much for this beautiful creature?"

The horse blows hot air through its large nostrils as you lay your hand on it. He then sniffs you, and gets a bit uneasy. You can tell he knows what you are.

"That guy there is our prized horse, got him from Aentar. He's 350 gold."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:58 pm

I do not look away from the horse. I whisper to it "I will never hurt 'nother beast." as I slowly lay my hand on the base of his face.

I say to the man "He seems restless, like he is not a fan of humans. I care not where yeh got 'im nor how "prized" he is. Yeh must not get much ride out of 'im, so what use is a horse that doesn't get much exercise? Does he 'ave a name?" (Perception/Insight on horse +2)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:14 pm

You can tell that this horse is well taken care of. He neighs at your touch and stamps his feet a little.

"He gets plenty of exercise, sir, we take good care of all of our horses." The young man says insulted at your accusation of neglect. "He was an order for a slaver, probably dead now. And if you don't appreciate where he comes from, then you clearly don't have appreciation for excellent breeding!", he slams down his fist into the table. "We let you into our home and business, feed you, and you insult us!" he is fuming mad.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:33 pm

I have a slight toothy grin on my face. "I was merely jesting. I never said I didn' appreciate 'im. He is a beautiful beast. I acknowledge that much. I meant no insult to you, but he is a rare beast and doesn' need to be kept as a prize. I will gladly take 'im off yeh hands and guarantee that he will be taken care of thoroughly. I will pay yer price and give yeh an 'xtra 25 gp fer meh sly remarks. Deal?"

I turn myself to the young man who definitely looks irritated at my comment. I put out my shackled hand with a grin to make the deal.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:37 pm

Dook wrote:I will pay yer price and give yeh an 'xtra 25 gp fer meh sly remarks.

(Do you have this much??? Because according to your inventory you have an empty belt pouch...)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:42 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Dook wrote:I will pay yer price and give yeh an 'xtra 25 gp fer meh sly remarks.

(Do you have this much??? Because according to your inventory you have an empty belt pouch...)

(Ohh I can get some #richslavers #dedoutside.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:18 pm

The young man holds out his hand "show me the gold, because you don't seem like the type that can afford such a price"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:34 pm

"Ahhhhhh, well as we just experienced, looks can be deceiving." I shake his hand and walk out the door to look for some money. I loot any and all dead bodies I see outside for any coin on person. I feel people were too bloodlust to search any bodies for profit.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:09 am

"Your steeds be worth they price, but I am embarrassed to say I don't have near that much gold right now. Perhaps I could rent the horse for the 5 gold I have left and labor of fortifying your home?" (Persuasion)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 am

Tolr'ax wrote:"Black one is 80 gold, little tan one is 70" The old man grunts.

"Including the saddle and tack, yes?" (Persuasion +8 )
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Zylo - When you exit the building, you see 5 dead bodies that your companion had not looted yet. Upon inspecting them, you find 57 gold in all.

Delrun - The older man walks to you and stares you down right in the face, "Aye, 5 gold for a rental. But 40 gold if it dies or gets lost.

Shoshana - The old man grunts. "Sure, since you are helping us out tonight, we will afford you this discount, you have been a good help to us so far. 80 gold for the bundle."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:27 pm

"Aye then I will gladly honor that deal." I extend my hand to shake his hand with the 5 gold in the other.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:46 pm

Shoshana will hand over the coin, and then with a harumph, she will bar the door Zylo exited. "Just like a man! Just like a damn man! Time for a lesson, it seems."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:29 am

Banmila and the stable owners look at awe at Zylo's abrupt exit from the fortified stable. Banmila squeaks, "He's going to get himself killed!"

The old woman just grins, a weak voice whispers from her lips, "Risked his life for the horse."

The old man grunts dismissively.

The young man just stands there, jaw dropped. "Brave lad going out in a riot."

Zylo - as you gather your gold, you hear the distinct sounds of footsteps coming from the East, down the road a ways. It is growing louder and closer to you, you can tell it is at least 3 people.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:01 pm

I look to Banmila, "Greed drives some men mad my dear lass, however yer girlfriend there doesn't seem to be too worried bout him. Too bad I suppose." I say as I hand over the gold and prepare the mount on my horse.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:20 pm

*Quest 57/450 gold*

I hear and see the 3 people coming towards me.
    I try to determine who they are and what manner they are acting (Perception +2)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:57 pm

Shoshana shrugs, but watches from the nearest window.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:16 am

Zylo - You can see that it is 3 men running at you with clubs. They have their faces tattooed, you recognize them as former slaves. They are about 30 feet from you now. One turns to the other two. "Freedom said that there would be people looting the bodies, she was right. Let's get him boys!" They charge at you.

Fight order:
    Zylo
    Slaves
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:17 am

The stable keepers huddle at the window along with Shoshana and Banmila, who is as close as she can be to Shoshana.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:03 pm

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 8 Zylo_s10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:47 pm