Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

4 posters

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Dook
    Dook

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 7 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:52 pm

Zylo will do an unarmed strike to Guard 2

Zylo leaps forward and grabs guard 2's face and slams it to the ground!
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 7 Empty Re: Adventures in Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:20 am

Zylo's punch makes contact and Guard 2's face is bloody.
    The young guard brings his spear up and launches it, the spear pierces the old guard through the chest and he falls dead. He runs over to him to retrieve his spear. "I did not sign up to be a thug" he quickly says to Zylo
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:20 am

Shoshana heals herself
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:34 pm

Round 1
    Shoshana - Hard miss at Guard 1
    Delrun - Gave Guard 1 a new hole in the head and dropped him with a Crit
    Guard 2 - Gave Delrun a nasty poke in the arm (dealt 7 damage)
    Guard 1 - Got what was coming to him
    Guard 3 - Stuck it to Shoshana in a painful way and tore a hole in her side (dealt 7 damage)
    Zylo - Knocked the fire out of Guard 2, probably a broken jaw
    Guard 4 - Threw his spear straight into Guard 2's back in a devastating betrayal.

Round 2:
    Shoshana: -7 HP Healed for 5 Damage. Net -2 HP
    Delrun: -7 HP
    Guard 2: Came down with a bad case of Chest Spear
    Guard 1: Dead McDeadface
    Guard 3: Alive and Well
    Zylo: Sustained no Damage
    Guard 4: Sustained no Damage
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:46 pm

As free action, speak to Guard 3 and employee him to stop the madness. (Persuasion +8 )
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:31 pm

I look to the young guard, "At least one of ye is smart." I ready my pick and attack if the guard doesn't listen to Shoshana, bonus action I shake off 1d10 of damage.

Last edited by Jamros Mageblood on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:38 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I hold my shield up in a defensive position and look to the young guard, "At least one of ye is smart." As a bonus action I shake off 1d10 of damage.

(You can Ready an Action, and hold any attack in case idiot guard does stupid things. Won't effect your bonus action.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:16 am

Shoshana's words compel the man. He drops his weapon. "I surrender" he steps away from his spear. "Garren! You fool, you killed Vard. I can't believe you, he was an ass but you didn'r have to kill him!"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:24 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana's words compel the man. He drops his weapon. "I surrender" he steps away from his spear. "Garren! You fool, you killed Vard. I can't believe you, he was an ass but you didn'r have to kill him!"

"And Vard didnt have to forsake the laws of man." Shoshana takes the man's spear. "We all must live with our choices, but a wrong is a wrong, whomever chooses to make it. Take your leave, sir, and look to your family's safety." Turning to the younger man, she says "Thank you, though I wish it had not come to that. You should do likewise and look to you and yours. I would flee this city as fast as your feet can carry you."

Saying a short prayer over the slain, Shoshana will then loot them of their gold and valuables, and continue heading for the stables.
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:00 am

"Garren, was it? Yer a good lad, but ye friends are shite. Get out of here like the lady said, and thank you." I continue walking to the stables as well.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 am

Jamros Mageblood wrote: I shake off 1d10 of damage.

You successfully shake off 7 damage.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:51 pm

I shake my head at the ignorance and meaningless death.

I say under my breathe. "Dis world is not'ing short of meaningless fights and chaos. It's shameful"

I start heading off to the destination.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:02 pm

The dark skinned man looks at Shoshana, "Vard was a weak man who desired gold more than anything, at least he didn't get me killed." He looks down at Vard and shakes his head. "I'm sorry that it came to this as well. This whole city is fucked right now. I'm getting out of here. Garren, you and I should head out together, safer that way."
    Garren looks at him "No more violence to anyone that doesn't attack us." He turns to the party "I am sorry that these men tried to rob you, I couldn't be a part of that. This city is not safe for anyone. This Freedom lady that the slaves...former slaves are yelling about as they are slaying their masters, she has never been an issue, she has been around for a while now, she preached in the Western Square a lot...not sure where she sleeps."

The dark skinned man nods in approval. The men apologise once again for the attack and make their leave.

Shoshana, you find 34 silver and 6 gold on Vard's body. He has an iron shield, a spear, and you find a knife tucked in his boot. On the leader, you find 65 silver and 8 gold pieces, Shield, and spear.
    Banmila skips over to Shoshana, "Are you hurt! I saw that guy attack you!"

The night sky is above you now, the city is glowing with fires. In the distance you can hear some fighting. You make your way over to the stable, the stable is fairly large, taking up the corner of the block. A sign that reads 'The Braided Pony' is hanging above the door. There are sounds of horses from within and the strong smell of shit permeates from the door. You can hear a few people talking inside.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:38 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    99 silver, 14 gold, 2x shield, 2x spear, dagger

Banmila skips over to Shoshana, "Are you hurt! I saw that guy attack you!"

The night sky is above you now, the city is glowing with fires. In the distance you can hear some fighting. You make your way over to the stable, the stable is fairly large, taking up the corner of the block. A sign that reads 'The Braided Pony' is hanging above the door. There are sounds of horses from within and the strong smell of shit permeates from the door. You can hear a few people talking inside.

"Here, help me carry these. Do any of you need weapons?"

At the stables, Shoshana bangs her gauntleted fist on the door. "Brothers, Sisters! We seek refuge. I am Shoshana, of the Gaborîm, and Servitor of [Good Deity To Be Determined!]. Please!"

(Also Shoshana's Background: Rustic Hospitality - Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Banmila grabs a shield. "I can carry this for you Miss!" Her scrawny arms shake as she picks it up.

At the stable, the knocking makes the voices stop, a lock is heard and then the door cracks open and a tan eye looks at you. "Refuge? Come right in." says a deep voice. The door opens and you see a strapping young lad appear from behind the door, saw you all take out those guards, they harassed us for years, not surprised they would take advantage of the chaos. Come in, come in." The boy smiles, he is about 17 to 20 as far as you can tell. He is tan with black hair, common in the face. You see a dagger in his hand. The smell from the stables is stronger with the door open, you can see inside the modest room, candle light brightens it a bit. An old woman sits in a chair at the far side of the room and a man slightly younger than the woman is standing in front of her brandishing a woodsman's ax.
    These men were ready to fight and die if they needed to.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:34 pm

"Thank you, Friends." Shoshana will sheath her weapons, and unsling her shield. "We have only just met one another back up the road a bit, thrown together trying to avoid the worst of it. Are any of you harmed, in need of aid?"
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:40 pm

"Thanks to ya for the hospitality, given what's happened you're right to arm yourselves and be cautious. I know a bit of medicine as well if that helps." I say as I rest my equipment down and observe the women in the back. (Perception)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:14 pm

"Warriors. . .admirable teh say the least. Could you help us in our predicament?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:42 pm

Troyer wrote:"Thank you, Friends." Shoshana will sheath her weapons, and unsling her shield. "We have only just met one another back up the road a bit, thrown together trying to avoid the worst of it. Are any of you harmed, in need of aid?"

The young man smiles, "No, we are fine, they have left most of the people alone that aren't slavers or owners. My father here and his mother, they were on their way back from the market when everything started, they have some scrapes and bruises, but that's all."

Jamros Mageblood wrote:"Thanks to ya for the hospitality, given what's happened you're right to arm yourselves and be cautious. I know a bit of medicine as well if that helps." I say as I rest my equipment down and observe the women in the back. (Perception)

You see that the woman is old, some might say ancient. Her face is super wrinkled. Her skin is dark, but not as dark as the young man's. Her hair is stark white. Her eyes are too thin to see the color, just darker wrinkles in here face. Her lips are pursed. She has a few blankets on her to keep the cold night off.
    The man beside her is slightly wrinkled, probably mid 50s He is balding, he is stocky but clearly very strong. His skin is as dark as his son's.

Dook wrote:"Warriors. . .admirable teh say the least. Could you help us in our predicament?"

The young man looks at you, "You can stay the night if you seek shelter from the night. If you help us defend our stable if there is an attack."
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:07 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Troyer wrote:"Thank you, Friends." Shoshana will sheath her weapons, and unsling her shield. "We have only just met one another back up the road a bit, thrown together trying to avoid the worst of it. Are any of you harmed, in need of aid?"

The young man smiles, "No, we are fine, they have left most of the people alone that aren't slavers or owners. My father here and his mother, they were on their way back from the market when everything started, they have some scrapes and bruises, but that's all."

"Good, good. I can take a look if you like?" (+4 Medicine) "But first, yes, let's see about making this place a bit safer, yes?"

Shoshana will take stock of the barn's supplies & inhabitants: horses, cats, saddles, reins, bags, tacks, shovels, rope, etc. (Carpenter's Tools proficiency for shoring up defenses.)
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:19 pm

"Aye good. If ye have weapons I'll do what I can to improve them, that woodaxe and dagger won't do much against a proper blade." Delrun will sharpen and improve any weapons including his own using Smith's Tools proficiency.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:04 pm

"For letting us stey... its the least we can do is help defend yer stable. Would there be any chance to buy a horse from yeh when teh mornin' comes?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:07 am

Troyer wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:

"Good, good. I can take a look if you like?" (+4 Medicine) "But first, yes, let's see about making this place a bit safer, yes?"

Shoshana will take stock of the barn's supplies & inhabitants: horses, cats, saddles, reins, bags, tacks, shovels, rope, etc. (Carpenter's Tools proficiency for shoring up defenses.)

Shoshana - They let you examine them, you easily fix their wounds, they thank you and start preparing a hot meal for everyone. Taking a look around, you see they have about 20 horses, 2 cats, 10 saddles of any worth, several reins hanging around, they have 2 shovels both crusted with horse shit, 6 bags of grain, 3 coils of rope, some assorted wood planks, a box of nails, a stack of fire wood with a months supply, and a rusty sword on the wall.

Delrun - you improve their weapons slightly and your own as well. They are appreciative.

Zylo - The you man chimes in, "Yes sir! We have 4 steeds ready for purchase, you can take a look at them if you would like?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:20 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Shoshana - They let you examine them, you easily fix their wounds, they thank you and start preparing a hot meal for everyone. Taking a look around, you see they have about 20 horses, 2 cats, 10 saddles of any worth, several reins hanging around, they have 2 shovels both crusted with horse shit, 6 bags of grain, 3 coils of rope, some assorted wood planks, a box of nails, a stack of fire wood with a months supply, and a rusty sword on the wall.

Delrun - you improve their weapons slightly and your own as well. They are appreciative.

Zylo - The you man chimes in, "Yes sir! We have 4 steeds ready for purchase, you can take a look at them if you would like?"

Clarifications:
    1) What season is it? The firewood makes me curious.
    2) Are there tools beyond the shovels, such as a hammer or saws? A pitchfork for tossing hay?
    3) Are there windows in this place?

Shoshana will bar the doors from the inside, using the shovels as a crossbar and reinforced with nails and wood. The ropes she'll toss beams above and counterweight with the bags of grain, rigging up some manner of snare inside the doors should they be breached. She'll also haul bales of hay to form simple redoubts inside the doors. Once all that's done, she'll inspect the horses. (Animal Handling/Perception both +6 )

"Do you have a cart of some sort you're willing and able to part with?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:57 pm

*Clarifications*
    1) Spring, they are very prepared for any cold nights. Probably Boy Scouts.
    2) They have any manner of tool a stable/farm would have, so yes, pitchfork, hammer, nails, saw, simple carpentry items.
    3) The actual stable does not have windows, but the living quarters has a window to let in some natural light when it isn't scary outside, it has wooden shutters that could be nailed shut with little effort.

You fortified the area beautifully. Looks like a Kevin McCallister rigged everything up, no Wet Bandits getting in this house!

The little old lady just watches you as you work, 3 hours pass of your fortification. Banmila watches you as well, all the while with a big, goofy smile on her face. The family provides everyone with potato stew, there are meat chunks in it as well, beef? pork? horse?? you can't tell. It is yummy in your little tummies. Makes you all very full.

Once the fortifications are done, you inspect the horses. 20 stalls line the stable walls. You can easily tell which of the 4 horses are the ones they are offering to sell.

One large black stallion with a white mane and tail, he is strong and calm.
    Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 7 Black_10

One tan mare with black mane and tail, she is not as large as the black stallion. She looks healthy and reliable.

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 7 Tan_ho10

One monstrous gray war horse, strongest of the bunch. Looks temperamental but fierce.

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 7 War_ho10

One work horse looks like he could be a good cart puller.

Adventures in Grath - Gameplay - Page 7 Brown_10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 am