Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 20 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:29 am

As Raakz hands off the bag, he smells an awful odor from it.

Gordy reaches into the bag and is instantly covered in rats, 44 to be exact.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:32 am

Tolr'ax wrote:As Raakz hands off the bag, he smells an awful odor from it.

Gordy reaches into the bag and is instantly covered in rats, 44 to be exact.

Gordy fucking runs! Away from the bag, 120 feet to be exact.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:34 am

The rats scatter into the city doing no harm to anyone. The bag lays on the ground. You can hear shrieking in the distance as the rats run by people. Congrats, you have made the city 44 rats dirtier.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:39 am

Tolr'ax wrote:The rats scatter into the city doing no harm to anyone. The bag lays on the ground. You can hear shrieking in the distance as the rats run by people. Congrats, you have made the city 44 rats dirtier.

"Gods damn it, Gordy! Get your ass back here. Worthless little shit. You didn't even ask about the fucking crossbow bolt in my leg, but nah, nah, that's fine. Get the bag and come on."

Raakz enters the magistrate's office and finds the first person that looks like they work there. "Bounties?" The halfling was squirmy and mumbling around her gag, and he couldn't care less.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:29 am

The person you see is an elf in fine clothing. He towers over you. He looks down with contempt towards you. "What? Bounties?" He scoffs and points you in the general direction of the bounty office. "I guess that a bounty hunter is a good fit for a goblin." He says with an inherently racist tone.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:02 am

Tolr'ax wrote:The person you see is an elf in fine clothing. He towers over you. He looks down with contempt towards you. "What? Bounties?" He scoffs and points you in the general direction of the bounty office. "I guess that a bounty hunter is a good fit for a goblin." He says with an inherently racist tone.

"I tried the gigolo route, but your mother was just too repulsive," Raakz says, with a rude gesture, while dragging the halfling woman down the hall. Upon finding the appropriate office, he shows the wanted poster next to the halfling's face. "Job's done. Not well done, but she's here and not dead, so pay up."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:18 am

The haggard dwarf behind the desk looks at her, then at the poster. "Ehhhh." He puts on some spectacles. "Ah, guess that IS her." He gets up from his desk, "Wait here a moment." He waddles off and then comes back shortly with a watchman. "Take her to the cells."

The watchman picks her up and carries her off. The dwarf hands you a small bag of coin. "Here you are sir, may I have your name?" He shrugs, "Records." He sits at his desk and dips his quill in ink and scribbles into a large book.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:20 am

Meanwhile, in the carriage:

The three men sit in the carriage. With new wealth from the lockbox. A young kid in some patched clothing comes up to the carriage and looks to Zylo. "Hey there mister. Got any food?"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:22 am

Tolr'ax wrote:The haggard dwarf behind the desk looks at her, then at the poster. "Ehhhh." He puts on some spectacles. "Ah, guess that IS her." He gets up from his desk, "Wait here a moment." He waddles off and then comes back shortly with a watchman. "Take her to the cells."

The watchman picks her up and carries her off. The dwarf hands you a small bag of coin. "Here you are sir, may I have your name?" He shrugs, "Records." He sits at his desk and dips his quill in ink and scribbles into a large book.

Raakz counts the coins. "I'm not big on government records."

Gordy joins them, carrying the bag of rats, and not looking happy about it.

Last edited by Oxander on Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:24 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Meanwhile, in the carriage:

The three men sit in the carriage. With new wealth from the lockbox. A young kid in some patched clothing comes up to the carriage and looks to Zylo. "Hey there mister. Got any food?"

(*only 5 gp each, because Raakz is a stingy bastard who found it and kept the rest)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:21 pm

The Dwarf gives Raakz a look, "Just need a name, sir."

You count out 100 gold in the bag.

Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:56 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The Dwarf gives Raakz a look, "Just need a name, sir."

You count out 100 gold in the bag.

"Redgrin Grumble, geez." Raakz walks out, Gordy in tow.

Once outside, he approaches the carriage and divvies up the gold. "Alright, alright. That was not the most professional work I've seen, but it got the job done. You guys aren't too awful to work with." He gives 35 gold to each Ragnar and Zylo. "Sorry, dragonman. Maybe next time. Say, what's your name? I'm Raakz, and that nervous little blue guy is Gordy."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:05 pm

The Dwarf scribbles in the book, "Thank you, Mr. Grumble."

Upon walking to the carriage, you notice the little human boy talking to Zylo.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:14 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The Dwarf scribbles in the book, "Thank you, Mr. Grumble."

Upon walking to the carriage, you notice the little human boy talking to Zylo.

And promptly ignore him; business is happening.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:36 pm

Zylo hands the boy some rations on hand.

"It is not much, but it is something. I hope this helps, a boy needs to eat to stay strong and healthy."

Zylo looks at the goblin. "Thanks, I will gladly take the gold."

Zylo takes on piece of gold out of his share and flicks it to the boy.

"Have a good hardy meal while you are at it." Zylo nods to the boy and takes a deep sigh of relief.

Finally this bounty is over and we can move on to better things.

*To the group

"When should we go meet up with Aerl???"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:46 pm

The boy takes the rations and the gold, smiles and says, "Thanks Mister!" Then he runs along his way.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:54 pm

Dook wrote:"When should we go meet up with Aerl???"

"That sod? Ugh. Where did he say he was going again?" Raakz took a swig from his flask, and belched, as he studied the wanted poster in his hands.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:14 pm

The bounty poster reads:

WANTED
    HALF ORC AGE 47
    NAME: GROGS
    ALIASES: GROGGY
    LAST KNOWN  LOCATION: Grathport
    REWARD: 1000 gold Alive, 200 gold Dead

The picture is of an ugly male half orc, with scars across his face.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:48 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The bounty poster reads:

WANTED
    HALF ORC AGE 47
    NAME: GROGS
    ALIASES: GROGGY
    LAST KNOWN  LOCATION: Grathport
    REWARD: 1000 gold Alive, 200 gold Dead

The picture is of an ugly male half orc, with scars across his face.

"Hmm. Zylo, Ragnar, Dragonman. If your friends are looking for a better pay-day, there's this fellow. And by his reward, he's going to be a tough one. One thousand gold. Split four ways, huh? Why not let's grab a bite, get to know one another a little, and go meet Earl. Once we land in Grathport, we take him out and then get paid. What do ya say?"

Last edited by Oxander on Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:02 pm

Zylo: a few moments pass and the same boy runs up to you again, but now he has a bloody nose. "Hey mister, some guy just beat me up and took the money you gave me, and the ration." He has some tears in his eyes.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:39 pm

Zylo looks at the kid and places his paw upon the young pups head.

"Show me." Zylo says to the child.

Zylo looks at Raaks and others and says,"How about a little justice before all that, if not I will join you before we eat. It seems someone stole from me and I must get it back."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:47 pm

Dook wrote:Zylo looks at the kid and places his paw upon the young pups head.

"Show me." Zylo says to the child.

Zylo looks at Raaks and others and says,"How about a little justice before all that, if not I will join you before we eat. It seems someone stole from me and I must get it back."

Raakz weighed the options.

On the one hand, it was the kid's fault for being an easy mark.
    On the other hand, he was actually probably a shill for some thugs.
    Either way, there wasn't really any profit in it for Raakz personally.
    Except maybe goodwill with these fellows. Their brawn could certainly supplement his projects where Gordy's strengths lay elsewhere. Speaking of...

"Gordy, for fuck sakes, would you fix this already?" Raakz indicated his wounded leg.
    "Oh geez, sorry, Raakz, I forgot. These rats, man, they're weird." Gordy then casts Cure Wounds on Raakz. (1d8+1 healing)

As soon as that was done, Raakz says to Zylo, "Sure. But I don't trust that kid. If this is some bullshit, I'm going to take his feet for my trouble. Gordy, hobble the horses."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:23 pm

Gordy heals Raakz for 3 and hobbles the horses.

The kid leads them down the road a bit. There are significantly less people than in front of the magistrate. "Down there, mister." the boy says as he points to a narrow alleyway. "He grabbed me and punched me, then took my stuff."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:42 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Gordy heals Raakz for 3 and hobbles the horses.

The kid leads them down the road a bit. There are significantly less people than in front of the magistrate. "Down there, mister." the boy says as he points to a narrow alleyway. "He grabbed me and punched me, then took my stuff."

Is there rubbish or any other such obstacles on the street?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:23 pm

The street is dirty. There is a broken down cart against the wall beside the alley.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:46 pm