Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Oxander
    Oxander

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 37 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:44 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Edwin takes a gander at the door. "Looks like it's locked from the inside." He attempts to do what he can to unlock it from the outside, but he fails.

"See, Gordy? It'll be fine! Now get your tiny ass into the vent," Raakz was already tying a rope around Gordy, who looked resigned.
    "Oh man," Gordy enters the vent and starts to shimmy down to see what he can see.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:30 pm

I hand him the invitation for 'Arcaes':

"Here you are, my good sir. These 2 are with me."

[Gesture to 'Nunar' and 'Romak']
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:35 am

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Edwin takes a gander at the door. "Looks like it's locked from the inside." He attempts to do what he can to unlock it from the outside, but he fails.

"See, Gordy? It'll be fine! Now get your tiny ass into the vent," Raakz was already tying a rope around Gordy, who looked resigned.
    "Oh man," Gordy enters the vent and starts to shimmy down to see what he can see.

Edwin says to Gordy, "This probably leads to the kitchen, we need you to get upstairs to that hatch," He points to the locked hatch, "and open it up for us. Don't get caught." He says as he pushes Gordy down the vent.

As Gordy shimmies down easily. As he goes, he feels the warmth from the kitchen. He sees that there is a low burning fire below him, he is in the oven exhaust vent! Luckily, the fire has nearly died, and he is able to avoid any heat damage.

On the roof, Raakz and Edwin sit alone. "Think he can do it?" Edwin asks his goblin friend.

Irish Ninjutsu Master wrote:I hand him the invitation for 'Arcaes':

"Here you are, my good sir. These 2 are with me."

[Gesture to 'Nunar' and 'Romak']

He takes it and studies it, looks at Ordrak up and down, then to Zylo and Ragnar. He smiles, "Welcome, enjoy the party." And waves the party inside. (17 deception)

The three enter the manor, the main room is opulent. Exotic animal trophies scatter the wall tastefully while large oil paintings of finely dressed figures and dazzling landscapes hang around the room and intricate white marble busts on pedestals are positioned around the room. There are several individuals standing in the main room, and a buzz of conversation hums in your ears. In the center of this room was a large golden cage, in the middle of the cage was a Horse-like creature, pure white with feathered wings. Golden chains were around it's neck, base of it's wings, and on all four legs. Many guests were gathered around the cage.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Mon Aug 31, 2020 10:47 am

I walk in with my entourage and we walk into the main room and try to not be impressed by its grandeur. We cozy up next to the crowd around the big cage in the center. We try our best to mingle, to be charming, and to definitely seem like we belong there.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:40 am

Irish Ninjutsu Master wrote:I walk in with my entourage and we walk into the main room and try to not be impressed by its grandeur. We cozy up next to the crowd around the big cage in the center. We try our best to mingle, to be charming, and to definitely seem like we belong there.

You squeeze into the crowd, around twenty to thirty guests were crowded around the creature. It snorts and is in obvious distress. A voice beside you says, "What a magnificent beast! I can't believe she acquired one!" Another voice says, "Such a rare find!" and "Have you seen what is in the ballroom?!"

No one particularly takes interest in any of you. You seem free to move through the main rooms at will.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:40 pm

We squeeze to the back of the crowd farther away from the cage. We look around to see what the adjoining rooms are.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:45 pm

You can tell that the door to the north is the ballroom, where even more guests are gathered and mingling. The door to the west seems to be closed off, the door to the east is also closed off.
    But from your previous intel, you know that this is the basic layout of the first floor.

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 37 Noble_10
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:38 pm

We head north into the ballroom and pick a wall to stand beside while we look around.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:00 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Edwin says to Gordy, "This probably leads to the kitchen, we need you to get upstairs to that hatch," He points to the locked hatch, "and open it up for us. Don't get caught." He says as he pushes Gordy down the vent.

As Gordy shimmies down easily. As he goes, he feels the warmth from the kitchen. He sees that there is a low burning fire below him, he is in the oven exhaust vent! Luckily, the fire has nearly died, and he is able to avoid any heat damage.

On the roof, Raakz and Edwin sit alone. "Think he can do it?" Edwin asks his goblin friend.

Raakz takes a sip from his flask. "He better. My last couple of attempts to create homunculi have had pretty unsavory results. That's the last time I'm going to jail, fact." Be glanced down the hatch towards Gordy. "Besides, if I had to get find his Planar variant, who knows what I'd end up with?"

Meanwhile, Gordy goes sneak-sneak, gets out of the firepit and dodges between kitchen-y things and people to find his way up to the hatch.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:02 pm

As the three faux-nobles walk into the ballroom, they see a cage similar to the one in the main room, but in this one, holds a more menacing sight: a monstrosity with the head of a bull, and the body of a human, wearing tattered leggings. It is as musclebound as Ragnar, and the chains around it are bulkier than the other creature. The chains wrap around it's wrists, ankles, and neck. It continually pulls at them, it is making a sound, but none of you can understand that language it is speaking, but it sounds similar to the sounds that the merrows made in your previous battle.
    There are more people gathered around it and watching as the beast pulls at it's chains.

The rest of the ballroom has similarly opulent decor as the other room. Tables filled with finger food and some tables with seating, all elegant and finely crafted.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:33 pm

We move closer towards the cage and inspect the caged creature closer for any more scrutinous details.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Edwin says to Gordy, "This probably leads to the kitchen, we need you to get upstairs to that hatch," He points to the locked hatch, "and open it up for us. Don't get caught." He says as he pushes Gordy down the vent.

Raakz takes a sip from his flask. "He better. My last couple of attempts to create homunculi have had pretty unsavory results. That's the last time I'm going to jail, fact." Be glanced down the hatch towards Gordy. "Besides, if I had to get find his Planar variant, who knows what I'd end up with?"

Meanwhile, Gordy goes sneak-sneak, gets out of the firepit and dodges between kitchen-y things and people to find his way up to the hatch.

Edwin shrugs at Raakz's words. "I hope he can, too."

Gordy moves sneakily out of the kitchen, through the dining room, down the hall, and up the stairs. He dodges peering eyes by hiding behind fine art and other trinkets in the manor. Once he gets to the stairs, he runs up three flights and gets to the top, where there is a long hallway. He heads down, but there are only two doors opposite of each other.

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 37 Manor_10
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:55 pm

Irish Ninjutsu Master wrote:We move closer towards the cage and inspect the caged creature closer for any more scrutinous details.

Ordrak moves closer to the creature. He can tell that the cage and chains are gilded and strong. But he knows not the origin of them.
    He does not find anything out of the ordinary with the enclosure or bindings.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:56 pm

Gordy will attempt the door on the left.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:29 pm

Gordy's attempt was successful as the door is unlocked. As the rather simple looking door swings open, Gordy sees the room is pitch black, sans the dim light peering into the room from behind him.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 25, 2021 10:19 am

A meteor hits the planet killing everyone.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:44 am