Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Dook
    Dook

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 35 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Sat May 23, 2020 10:59 am

"Nothing about me is nice." Looking towards Ragnar.

Zylo just glides his hand in the air seeing her off. Kinda hoping he will never see her again. She causes problems for me. She knows too much about me.

Ragnar did not need to know about my family. Unless..he already knew...but how could he...

"Rakkz! Drink with me! Tell me what we are doing..." now leaning on Ragnar even more waiting on his drink.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat May 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Edwin smiles a smile. "Good question, I only have a few of the pieces of the puzzle. I have a map of her place. She is havin' a fancy party that the Mayor will be attending tomorrow night." Raakz realizes that Edwin really doesn't have a solid plan yet. "You have a creative ideas?"

"Let's see the map."

Dook wrote:
    "Rakkz! Drink with me! Tell me what we are doing..." now leaning on Ragnar even more waiting on his drink.

"We're drinking. What's it look like?"
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Sat May 23, 2020 9:04 pm

Flummoxed by this information, Ord senses this information the 'catman' told him is more urgent than his current solo quest. He works his way eventually towards Old Elmer's General Store and walks inside.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon May 25, 2020 2:28 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:
    Edwin smiles a smile. "Good question, I only have a few of the pieces of the puzzle. I have a map of her place. She is havin' a fancy party that the Mayor will be attending tomorrow night." Raakz realizes that Edwin really doesn't have a solid plan yet. "You have a creative ideas?"

"Let's see the map."

Dook wrote:

"We're drinking. What's it look like?"

Edwin fetches a scroll, he rolls it out and on it is a roughly sketched map.

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 35 Noble_10

Irish Ninjutsu Master wrote:Flummoxed by this information, Ord senses this information the 'catman' told him is more urgent than his current solo quest. He works his way eventually towards Old Elmer's General Store and walks inside.

The storefront was not maintained. There were a couple of empty tables in front with two chairs next to each, one was fallen over with a broken leg. The sign was old and cracked, " l Em 's" was all you can read without studying it more, it might fall with the next breeze. There was no door either. If you didn't know any better, you would think the store was abandoned. Through the doorway, you could see dusty displays with meager wares offered. There was a female half elf inside reading a book. As Ordrak entered, without looking up, she said, "What do you want, Dragonkin?" She flips a page in her book.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue May 26, 2020 11:35 am

Raakz studies the map. Weird fucking mansion thing. He rants angrily in Raakz for a little while.

"Ww-where's the privy, huh? These rich folks still shitting in their own rooms? How am I the only one who belives in indoor plumbing? Gah, I gotta get another lab so I can drag these idiots into the modern era."

He notices something peculiar. "There are no windows except on the front of the house. All those fancy idiots will be entertaining one another in the dining room and ballroom, so most of the guards should be checking them on the way in and then fucking ignoring them after that. What do we know about the four corner towers?"

He continues studying the map for other important details. [Insight/Perception +5]
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 26, 2020 1:15 pm

Oxander wrote:Raakz studies the map. Weird fucking mansion thing. He rants angrily in Raakz for a little while.

"Ww-where's the privy, huh? These rich folks still shitting in their own rooms? How am I the only one who belives in indoor plumbing? Gah, I gotta get another lab so I can drag these idiots into the modern era."

He notices something peculiar. "There are no windows except on the front of the house. All those fancy idiots will be entertaining one another in the dining room and ballroom, so most of the guards should be checking them on the way in and then fucking ignoring them after that. What do we know about the four corner towers?"

He continues studying the map for other important details. [Insight/Perception +5]

"It's a rough map, Raakz." Edwin sighed. "Can't trust servants to do everything perfectly. Main rooms are marked, we got a maid to sketch it, paid her enough to retire, heh. Probably has more windows than that. And from what we could get from her, these towers," he points to the two back towers, "are basically just stairwells for the guards and servants to move around the house." He then points to the front round tower, "This one leads to some sort of observatory, and this one here," he points to the rectangular room up front, "Is two floors high, but the maid has only been to the lower floor. The study, no stairs and no other access to the upper floor, fuckin' weird right? Pretty sure that is where we will find the valuables."

He takes a moment. "From what the maid told us, Lady Momna has parties frequently to show off or whatever these rich pricks do." He points to the guard barraks. "These fucks patrol the rooms and halls, usually in pairs. Maid said that there are usually about ten guards patrolling the lower floors on a normal day and fifteen during parties." He looks to Ragnar and Zylo, and points at Ragnar, "This guy would be a good distraction. That's why I need you to scrap." He winks at Ragnar, then points at Zylo, "This guy could pass as a guest with a little makeover." He then points at Raakz. "And you, my friend, are a sneaky fuck. We could probably get you in the house easily, maybe a disguise, 'cuz that bitch ain't lettin' no goblin in her house."
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue May 26, 2020 1:18 pm

Ragnar looks to his Wolfy friend, “Don’t be so down on yourself bud, drink, enjoy the night!” He heartily pats his friend on the back and turns to the Edwin and the map.
    “I can be a distraction if needed, how many guards are we talking, and I may need to go get some armor for this, or a new axe, or something else fun!” He says with a laugh.
    Ragnar points to the map,”It looks like there’s a staircase in the middle there, does that go up or down, how many levels are there?”
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 26, 2020 1:29 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar looks to his Wolfy friend, “Don’t be so down on yourself bud, drink, enjoy the night!” He heartily pats his friend on the back and turns to the Edwin and the map.
    “I can be a distraction if needed, how many guards are we talking, and I may need to go get some armor for this, or a new axe, or something else fun!” He says with a laugh.
    Ragnar points to the map,”It looks like there’s a staircase in the middle there, does that go up or down, how many levels are there?”

"Goes up." Edwin says. "Might be a basement, but our maid friend didn't know of one. She only worked on the first floor, so that's all we got."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue May 26, 2020 5:42 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"It's a rough map, Raakz." Edwin sighed. "Can't trust servants to do everything perfectly. Main rooms are marked, we got a maid to sketch it, paid her enough to retire, heh. Probably has more windows than that. And from what we could get from her, these towers," he points to the two back towers, "are basically just stairwells for the guards and servants to move around the house." He then points to the front round tower, "This one leads to some sort of observatory, and this one here," he points to the rectangular room up front, "Is two floors high, but the maid has only been to the lower floor. The study, no stairs and no other access to the upper floor, fuckin' weird right? Pretty sure that is where we will find the valuables."

He takes a moment. "From what the maid told us, Lady Momna has parties frequently to show off or whatever these rich pricks do." He points to the guard barraks. "These fucks patrol the rooms and halls, usually in pairs. Maid said that there are usually about ten guards patrolling the lower floors on a normal day and fifteen during parties." He looks to Ragnar and Zylo, and points at Ragnar, "This guy would be a good distraction. That's why I need you to scrap." He winks at Ragnar, then points at Zylo, "This guy could pass as a guest with a little makeover." He then points at Raakz. "And you, my friend, are a sneaky fuck. We could probably get you in the house easily, maybe a disguise, 'cuz that bitch ain't lettin' no goblin in her house."

"Goddamn hacks," Raakz mutters, sipping from his flask, corner of his mouth, giving Edwin and the map both a distrusting look. "Gordy and I can climb onto the roof and find our way in somehow. You remember him, right? Oh, no wait, you would've met his grandmother - that bloodthirsty fey bitch that 'worked' in my lab? Anyway, yeah, yeah. He's at The Odd Plate sitting on the fuckwit Pony or whatever it's called. Can you send another runner? Here," he pulls out a playing card with the face of the Goblin King on it and which sheds bright light. "Have her," he points directly at Katrina who is walking away, "take this so Gordy knows it's me."

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar looks to his Wolfy friend, “Don’t be so down on yourself bud, drink, enjoy the night!” He heartily pats his friend on the back and turns to the Edwin and the map.

"I say we stick you in jester clothes and let them try to figure you out on their own."

Tolr'ax wrote:"Goes up." Edwin says. "Might be a basement, but our maid friend didn't know of one. She only worked on the first floor, so that's all we got."

"Basement... any caves or sewers nearby?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:"It's a rough map, Raakz." Edwin sighed. "Can't trust servants to do everything perfectly. Main rooms are marked, we got a maid to sketch it, paid her enough to retire, heh. Probably has more windows than that. And from what we could get from her, these towers," he points to the two back towers, "are basically just stairwells for the guards and servants to move around the house." He then points to the front round tower, "This one leads to some sort of observatory, and this one here," he points to the rectangular room up front, "Is two floors high, but the maid has only been to the lower floor. The study, no stairs and no other access to the upper floor, fuckin' weird right? Pretty sure that is where we will find the valuables."

"Goddamn hacks," Raakz mutters, sipping from his flask, corner of his mouth, giving Edwin and the map both a distrusting look. "Gordy and I can climb onto the roof and find our way in somehow. You remember him, right? Oh, no wait, you would've met his grandmother - that bloodthirsty fey bitch that 'worked' in my lab? Anyway, yeah, yeah. He's at The Odd Plate sitting on the fuckwit Pony or whatever it's called. Can you send another runner? Here," he pulls out a playing card with the face of the Goblin King on it and which sheds bright light. "Have her," he points directly at Katrina who is walking away, "take this so Gordy knows it's me."

"I say we stick you in jester clothes and let them try to figure you out on their own."

Tolr'ax wrote:"Goes up." Edwin says. "Might be a basement, but our maid friend didn't know of one. She only worked on the first floor, so that's all we got."

"Basement... any caves or sewers nearby?"

Edwin looks to Katrina as she is leaving, "KAT!" He yells at her, she stops and turns to him.

"Yes, Edwin?" She responds with a smile.

"Need you to take this," he throws her the card, "and go to the Odd Plate in Castle Ward and give it to a little quickling. Inform him that Raakz is here and to make his way herehere."

Katrina catches the card and nods. "You got it boss." With that she leaves.

Edwin looks back at Raakz. "Sewers hook up to the plumbing, I guess someone small could climb up the shit pipe."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed May 27, 2020 9:33 pm

"Yeah, F-erch-uck that. Roof's better. Your maid, what's she look like?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:34 pm

Oxander wrote:"Yeah, F-erch-uck that. Roof's better. Your maid, what's she look like?"

"Nothing special. She has brown hair, plump lass. Common birth." Edwin says with a shrug. "We approached her with a bag of gold and she happily did what we wanted."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:53 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Oxander wrote:"Yeah, F-erch-uck that. Roof's better. Your maid, what's she look like?"

"Nothing special. She has brown hair, plump lass. Common birth." Edwin says with a shrug. "We approached her with a bag of gold and she happily did what we wanted."

"She working tonight?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jun 04, 2020 3:17 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:

"She working tonight?"

Edwin smirked. "Nah, she took the gold and made off. I guess a hundred gold can buy you a new life when you are working for coppers." He pulls out a gold piece and flourishes it in his fingers. "Poor folk hardly see these, they tend to disappear when they get their hands on 'em."

He flicks the coin to Raakz, who fumbles in catching it, and drops it to the ground (Nat 1 Dex roll).

"If you were poor, you would never have dropped it." Edwin smiles. "We have been successful because we have a bit of gold and a lot of influence over the impoverished people of the city. They do a little work for us, give up some information on their employers, and they get paid enough to start over in a new city that doesn't know them." He pulls out another gold piece and looks to Zylo and Ragnar, "You should remember this lesson, boys. The poor will do what you want if you pay them enough to not be poor anymore. Adventurers like yourselves find treasure beyond any poor laborer's imagination." He flourishes the new coin between his fingers. "A few coins can be the deciding factor in getting information, an ally, or entry to somewhere you shouldn't be. Gold drives us all." The coin vanishes from his fingers. "When the coin is gone, so is your influence."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:50 am

Raakz considered the information and resists the urge to shoot Ed in the leg, instead spinning the gold piece on the tabletop. Maid had fucked off after shotty mapping skills, limited information on the estate itself for the party coming up, and... hmm.

"Who's on the guest list for this shindig?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:39 pm

Oxander wrote:Raakz considered the information and resists the urge to shoot Ed in the leg, instead spinning the gold piece on the tabletop. Maid had fucked off after shotty mapping skills, limited information on the estate itself for the party coming up, and... hmm.

"Who's on the guest list for this shindig?"

Edwin smirked, "Well only the richest most powerful citizens of Grathport. 'Round fifty of 'em. All rich and fucky." He cracks his knuckles. "We have some info on the guests. The most notable are Vulmer Phiqirelle, Galan Xyrjyre, Sontar Elna, Skograer Bloodback, Mummock Steelsunder, Loderlug Magmabender, Traizerphu, Grusesgec, Ranwin Balnan, Faraneiros Valxalim, Urnalor Keyfaren, Bertulf Proudfoot, Sigebert Elvellon, Zensnaap, Renbert, Cliddamyc, Wirbacep, Zifiknyss, Slabemzyst, Raahunsbog." He chuckles. "You all not being from Grathport probably don't know any of them. But they are the elite of the city. They all will have some servants and such with them making up the other guests, some of them will bring family and such...and such." He winks and smiles.

"Now we want to toss the place, make it notable that we were there, but stay unseen. We are wanting to make it seem like we are the mayor's thugs doing the ransacking. We have these," Edwin pulls out a box of items, "to scatter through the house to point towards the mayor." He pulls out a few of the items and displays them. A button with the city seal, a scrap of paper with the mayor's seal stamped on it and a partial message that says 'however possible', a small watch that is obviously gnomish that has the same seal as the button.
    "I figure we put one or two of these clues around the mess of the room and they will assume it was the mayor's men."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:53 pm

"I'm fairly certain you made up most of those stupid ass names, but I'll allow it," says Raakz the Goblin.

Taking up the items, he nods. "Right, we'll need to distribute these so if any one of us gets the chance, we can leave the," he air-quotes, "evidence."

He finishes his drink and asks, "So when are we doing this?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:33 am

Oxander wrote:"I'm fairly certain you made up most of those stupid ass names, but I'll allow it," says Raakz the Goblin.

Taking up the items, he nods. "Right, we'll need to distribute these so if any one of us gets the chance, we can leave the," he air-quotes, "evidence."

He finishes his drink and asks, "So when are we doing this?"

"All names are made up, 'Raakz'." Edwin says with air quotes. "Let's wait on the other two to get here before we get too deep into the plan."

MEANWHILE

Gordy is at the inn. Sitting watching the tavern, nothing has happened so far. He is sipping on a hot cup of nettle tea. It is much more relaxing not having Raakz around for a minute. Gordy hears a squeak of a door behind him. He jerks his head around and sees a dark figure in the doorway.
    "Don't be alarmed." she says in a sultry tone. "I am a friend of Raakz and Zylo." She pulls out a card. The Sneering Goblin King, dim light is shed 5 feet around the card. "He told me to give this to you to show that I was a friend, may I come in?" The light from the card reveals the figure to be an attractive high elf with blonde hair and jade green eyes, clad in black leather that hugs the curves of her body.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:05 am

Tolr'ax wrote:
    "All names are made up, 'Raakz'." Edwin says with air quotes. "Let's wait on the other two to get here before we get too deep into the plan."

MEANWHILE

Gordy is at the inn. Sitting watching the tavern, nothing has happened so far. He is sipping on a hot cup of nettle tea. It is much more relaxing not having Raakz around for a minute. Gordy hears a squeak of a door behind him. He jerks his head around and sees a dark figure in the doorway.
    "Don't be alarmed." she says in a sultry tone. "I am a friend of Raakz and Zylo." She pulls out a card. The Sneering Goblin King, dim light is shed 5 feet around the card. "He told me to give this to you to show that I was a friend, may I come in?" The light from the card reveals the figure to be an attractive high elf with blonde hair and jade green eyes, clad in black leather that hugs the curves of her body.

Gordy puts hands on his daggers, but doesn't draw them yet. He nods approval to the elf. "Where's Raakz?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:25 am

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:

MEANWHILE

Gordy puts hands on his daggers, but doesn't draw them yet. He nods approval to the elf. "Where's Raakz?"

The woman entered slowly. "Raakz is at Old Elmer's general store, it is a front for the thieves guild. He, Zylo, and Ragnar are there. They are helping out on a complicated heist and Raakz wanted me to let you know you are needed." She keeps her distance from the quickling, but hands him the card. "I mean you no harm. My name is Katrina, I am an old friend of Zylo's."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:15 am

Tolr'ax wrote:The woman entered slowly. "Raakz is at Old Elmer's general store, it is a front for the thieves guild. He, Zylo, and Ragnar are there. They are helping out on a complicated heist and Raakz wanted me to let you know you are needed." She keeps her distance from the quickling, but hands him the card. "I mean you no harm. My name is Katrina, I am an old friend of Zylo's."

The card disappears into Gordy's... sleeve? Shirt? The movement was too fast to tell. "Alright, but ya know, knock next time. I mean, I'm sitting in here, I'm three years old! I could be in here doing, ya know, whatever, lady! You're playing with fire, yeah, fire when you burst in here like that... I mean, one of these days, you might, I don't know, you're gonna end up seeing something! Something you can't unsee. Just knock. It's the the polite thing to do."

He shifts in place, fidgets a blur. "Geez. Will you just take me to Raakz, please?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:58 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:The woman entered slowly. "Raakz is at Old Elmer's general store, it is a front for the thieves guild. He, Zylo, and Ragnar are there. They are helping out on a complicated heist and Raakz wanted me to let you know you are needed." She keeps her distance from the quickling, but hands him the card. "I mean you no harm. My name is Katrina, I am an old friend of Zylo's."

The card disappears into Gordy's... sleeve? Shirt? The movement was too fast to tell. "Alright, but ya know, knock next time. I mean, I'm sitting in here, I'm seven years old! I could be in here doing, ya know, whatever, lady! You're playing with fire, yeah, fire when you burst in here like that... I mean, one of these days, you might, I don't know, you're gonna end up seeing something! Something you can't unsee. Just knock. It's the the polite thing to do."

He shifts in place, fidgets a blur. "Geez. Will you just take me to Raakz, please?"

Katrina smiled. "Noted, but don't assume what I want and do not want to see." She winks. "I was going to be sneakier about my entry....but I did not expect a squeaky door hinge." She chuckled. "I'll take you to Raakz."

And so she did. On the way back in the shop, she sees Ordrak standing in a trance like state. She leads him into the secret tunnel as well.

Everyone meets and goes over the plan. Big fuckers cause a distraction and the small fuckers steal and leave misleading evidence.

AND SO THE HEIST IS ON!
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:33 pm

"Alright, Ed, supplies. We'll need some climbing gear for me and Gordy, whatever costume you have in mind for Ragnar, and... what's your human going to be doing?" Raakz gestures to Katrina. "You said the maid quit - can she act like a maid enough to not get fired for one night?"

He looks around. "Or didn't we have a female companion at some point? Where'd she fuck off to?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Oxander wrote:"Alright, Ed, supplies. We'll need some climbing gear for me and Gordy, whatever costume you have in mind for Ragnar, and... what's your human going to be doing?" Raakz gestures to Katrina. "You said the maid quit - can she act like a maid enough to not get fired for one night?"

He looks around. "Or didn't we have a female companion at some point? Where'd she fuck off to?"

Edwin supplies a grappling hook and 100 ft of hempen rope. Ragnar and Zylo are offered fine clothing, to blend in, Ragnar's is more of a giant robe than anything. Zylo is given some specticals and a fine fitted suit. "Best behaviors now."

"Katrina has secured a position with the caterer. She will be able to sneak tools in and hand them off to the rest of you." Raakz remembers that Geliah went with Aerl. She was a quiet one.

Edwin gives Ordrak an ornate robe. "This is your disguise. We swiped an invite to one of the dragonborn guests. We were going to polymorph to fit in, but since you don't need to, that won't be necessary. You look enough like him."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Jul 01, 2020 5:05 pm

Raakz gives Gordy a high-five, and they each get a drink. "Hey, Mr Applewine! Uh, sir. Do you have any food around here?" Gordy asks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:38 am