Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Dook
    Dook

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 28 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:17 am

Zylo looks at the man. He leans in close and gestures the man to come in closer.

"I have this raw fish right here, yellowtail to be precise, and I was wondering if you could take this fish and make a masterpiece out of it with your rice. Someone on my travels had this box full of raw fish on top of this sticky rice and ate with two wooden sticks. Could you help a boy out and show me how to make such delicious and God-like tasting substances?"

As Zylo speaks, the aroma of the rice is making him almost drool as he speaks.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:55 pm

Dook wrote:Zylo looks at the man. He leans in close and gestures the man to come in closer.

"I have this raw fish right here, yellowtail to be precise, and I was wondering if you could take this fish and make a masterpiece out of it with your rice. Someone on my travels had this box full of raw fish on top of this sticky rice and ate with two wooden sticks. Could you help a boy out and show me how to make such delicious and God-like tasting substances?"

As Zylo speaks, the aroma of the rice is making him almost drool as he speaks.

The man's face breaks into a smile, "Ya, we can do that." He takes your fish and pulls out some other ingredients. In a few minutes, he presents you with a plate of what looks like rolled rice, fish, and some other odd ingredients that he kept under the counter. It looks and smells fantastic. "Five silver" he says as he hands it to you.

As you are served your food, the curtain slips open and a slim man walks in and takes a seat beside you, without acknowledging you. He gets the same greeting from the rice man. His voice is but a whisper, "Bowl of sticky" is all he offers the chef. He places a gold coin on the counter.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:12 pm

Zylo's eyes glisten in excitement!!! He is ecstatic at the beauty of the creation this man created.

"You my sir have made what I have been searching for, what seems like years! I must get your name and make you my friend!"

Also, Zylo's eyes are drawing near what looks like some kind of yellow fried rice.

"Also, my newly found friend, what is beautiful aroma coming from this rice?"

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:29 am

Dook wrote:Zylo's eyes glisten in excitement!!! He is ecstatic at the beauty of the creation this man created.

"You my sir have made what I have been searching for, what seems like years! I must get your name and make you my friend!"

Also, Zylo's eyes are drawing near what looks like some kind of yellow fried rice.

"Also, my newly found friend, what is beautiful aroma coming from this rice?"

The chef smiles, "That would be the fried rice it has chicken and shrimp in it, and my name is Devrim Kotos, and your name, sir?"

The new patron eats a bite of rice silently. Ord orders a bowl of rice as well.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:51 am

"Devrim, you say? It is an honor! You can call me Zylo. May I order some of that fluffy goodness for my travels?"

Devrim reminds me of a fellow I once knew. Looked very similar to him as well! His name was Ching-Chong. He had this tiny gong with him and a tiny talking animal. A cross between a cat and a goat. Every time Ching-Chong bing-bonged his gong. The tiny animal would yell out,"I'm Juan Fried." For gods knows, every found it so funny and kept repeating the phrase for weeks. Ching-Chong was a legend and is probably living very happily wherever he is! The tiny was also very mischievous when he wasn't on his leash or cage. He would sometimes get out and got to peoples houses and eat all their sweets and poop in their beds...it was extremely rude. The funniest time was when the graveyard keeper came home from his shift among the dead at sunrise and returned to his bed and laid in shite. He yelled out from his house to his neighbors,"It pooped in my bed!!! and then continued to pass out in the comfy hay in his yard. I still chuckle at the thought!
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 pm

Devrim obliged your request. He loaded you up with rice, which cost you a gold.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:20 pm

The man beside you stopped eating for a moment when you said your name. He just sat there in silence.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:31 pm

A handed Devrim his money and gave a little extra (1 silver) for his skillful help

"You will most definitely see me again Devrim! I will become you number one customer!"

I leaned in close to Devrim and nodded my head for him to come in closer so I can whisper to him.

"Who is this man sitting here. I have a feeling that he doesn't like my presence..."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:30 pm

Devrim leaned in, "No clue. First time in."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:54 pm

"Welp, I'll leave just not to cause you any trouble, but you best believe you will see my face again good sir! Thank you again for who you are and what you do!"

I start walking away making sure to keep the man sitting down in my peripherals. I nudge Ord to keep his wits about him.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:12 pm

Devrim says goodbye and Ord follows you out. The man stays seated.

Outside, the market is bustling with trade. Ord and you take in the air and the scenery.

As far as you can tell, the man from the shop stayed in his seat.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:35 pm

*Can you describe the man to me?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:08 am

The man was in dark clothes. Black leather armor with cool buckles securing it to his person. He had medium length hair that was dark brown, and pretty greasy. He just looked like an average guy. He wore a cloak that covered most of his body, so you couldn't see if he had any weapons or what kind if any.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:52 am

Zylo shrugs his shoulders and heads back to the ship.
    He enjoys a little of his sushi along the way.

Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:58 pm

Gordy, whom had been shadowing Zylo and Ord for some time, tied the creepy man's bootlaces together, then snuck away to follow back to the ship.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Nov 05, 2019 9:02 am

Oxander wrote:Gordy, whom had been shadowing Zylo and Ord for some time, tied the creepy man's bootlaces together, then snuck away to follow back to the ship.

Gordy successfully sneaks into the rice shop undetected by anyone. But as he is tying the shoes together, he slips and bumps into the creepy man's leg as he picks up the laces. The man looks down and then a knife flies at Gordy, luckily for Gordy, he is quick and missed, but his armor did get scratched. The man flipped his stool over and made a large crashing sound.

Dook wrote:Zylo shrugs his shoulders and heads back to the ship.
    He enjoys a little of his sushi along the way.

As Zylo and Ord exit the shop, they hear a commotion coming from the shop.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:34 am

Zylo turns around and looks at the commotion!

"I'm coming Devrim!!!!"

Zylo sprints back to save his favorite shop and leaps and tackles the guy while saying," Your evil doing towards fine rice will be foiled by my righteousness!!"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:31 pm

Gordy Disengages and flees at full speed, screaming "Oh Geez!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:42 pm

As Gordy runs away, Zylo crashes into the stand.

Zylo sees a flash of color and then he hears a wail of "Oh Geez" a moment after the flash zooms by his feet. When he gets in the rice shop, the stranger is standing up looking towards the door, his almost whisper like voice fills the room. "Zylo, I thought I would wait a while before engaging with you...but I guess this is as good a time as any." Suddenly, his brown eyes change to a piercing green, and his hair bleaches from the roots and grows. Than his face starts to morph, his cheeks, lips, nose, eyes, all start pulsing and moving. He smiles and you see his teeth move. When his face finally settles, you see a familiar face. A tall pale man stands before you, piercing light green eyes. His devilish face makes your heart stop for a moment. He holds his hand out, a small metal skull rests in his palm, he grips it in his hand and a cane shoots from it. He smiles, his sharp teeth are white as fresh snow. "Remember me?" He says in a new voice. He stands there...the man you have sought...but you cannot move.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:53 pm

I instantly grit my teeth and clench my hands. I did not expect him to show up so early. Disguised. He could be anyone at anytime? That is a scary thought. He is a scary man.

"Why...why did you do this to me!!!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:44 am

"Why make you stronger?" He asks is a condescending tone. "So you will be worthy." He walks over to you and places his finger to your forehead. You realize that no one else is moving. As if time has stopped. "It has been a while. I wanted to check up on you. But that quickling forced me to reveal myself." His finger becomes white hot and pain reaches into your head. You start to become your wolf self. "You are still not powerful enough to defeat me. But you tracked me here, I am impressed. And you found out about my special drink. You should taste it." He laughed softly. "This island used to be home to the ancient dwarfs. They had cities that you could only dream of. Then they were destroyed...but they left behind some powerful artifacts that I need to make the people of Grath will my loyal subjects." He chuckled again at your wolf form. "You have grown much stronger since you saw me last. We will meet again soon."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:43 pm

Zylo winces at the pain but explode into anger as he finishes.

"I will end you now!!! For all that you have done to me and my family!!"

Zylo swipes at him in a blind rage with my claws.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:26 am

Dook wrote:Zylo winces at the pain but explode into anger as he finishes.

"I will end you now!!! For all that you have done to me and my family!!"

Zylo swipes at him in a blind rage with my claws.

Try as you might. Your body is unable to move.

The man just smiles with his razor sharp teeth. "You can't hurt me. Not like this." He chuckles dismissively. "I must take my leave. But know that I will be keeping an eye on you, Zylo." As he says your name, you feel a chill in your soul, and with that he walks out.

Devrim pops up from behind the counter. "What the hell?"

Suddenly you swipe at the spot where the man you have been searching for was. You are still in wolf form.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:07 am

I notice i am in wolf form and rush off into an empty alley way to calm down and revert back to my normal self.

Zylo thinks to himself
    “I am still not strong enough. I couldn’t even move. Has he gotten stronger? Was he always this powerful? “

Zylo’s fists are clench with frustration and terror. Knowing he was powerless and so naive that it would have been that easy. He now has something to strive for. Strength is now what he seeks!
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jan 11, 2020 12:50 pm

You make a speedy exit to the alley. You turn back into human form. You feel very fatigued. Ord comes into the alley as well. "I think we should get back to the ship."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:55 am