Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 32 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 12, 2020 12:13 pm

As the party has split, Raakz and Zylo make their way through the city, seeing all the bustle and hustle of the citizens of the Castle Ward in their more up-class clothing turn into near rags as they moved to South Town. They come upon Old Elmer's. The storefront was not maintained. There were a couple of empty tables in front with two chairs next to each, one was fallen over with a broken leg. The sign was old and cracked, " l Em 's" was all you can read without studying it more, it might fall with the next breeze. There was no door either. If you didn't know any better, you would think the store was abandoned. Through the doorway, you could see dusty displays with meager wares offered. There was a female half elf inside.

Ordrak, Ragnar, and Geliah made their way silently to an enchanted armorer, "The Starry Forge". The storefront has several finely crafted plates and chainmail with intricate designs and slight magical glows to them. A young gnome and a brown haired dwarf were arguing inside.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue May 12, 2020 1:47 pm

Ragnar Wakes up and sees the bounty poster, noticing both Rakz and Zylo are gone. “Ah shit, I don’t want to miss out on this!” He asks around to see where they went so he can try and catch up with them.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 12, 2020 2:13 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar Wakes up and sees the bounty poster, noticing both Rakz and Zylo are gone. “Ah shit, I don’t want to miss out on this!” He asks around to see where they went so he can try and catch up with them.

Ragnar, being with Ordrak and Geliah at the armorer. Ragnar only gets stares from the two adventurers, then Ordrak shrugs. Ragnar knows that they are headed to the Pony, and then to a general store in South Town. Maybe if he asks someone from the city, he could find out where they might be headed.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue May 12, 2020 4:27 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:As the party has split, Raakz and Zylo make their way through the city, seeing all the bustle and hustle of the citizens of the Castle Ward in their more up-class clothing turn into near rags as they moved to South Town. They come upon Old Elmer's. The storefront was not maintained. There were a couple of empty tables in front with two chairs next to each, one was fallen over with a broken leg. The sign was old and cracked, " l Em 's" was all you can read without studying it more, it might fall with the next breeze. There was no door either. If you didn't know any better, you would think the store was abandoned. Through the doorway, you could see dusty displays with meager wares offered. There was a female half elf inside.

"Alright," Raakz said as he climbed down from the carriage and tethered the horses, "let's try not to piss too many people off today." He goes inside, head on a swivel to get a good look at the place, and waits for the elf to speak.

[Could you confirm Gordy got a room at The Odd Plate?]
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue May 12, 2020 4:49 pm

Ragnar makes his way towards the Genera store to try and find Raakz and Zylo
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 12, 2020 4:50 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:As the party has split, Raakz and Zylo make their way through the city, seeing all the bustle and hustle of the citizens of the Castle Ward in their more up-class clothing turn into near rags as they moved to South Town. They come upon Old Elmer's. The storefront was not maintained. There were a couple of empty tables in front with two chairs next to each, one was fallen over with a broken leg. The sign was old and cracked, " l Em 's" was all you can read without studying it more, it might fall with the next breeze. There was no door either. If you didn't know any better, you would think the store was abandoned. Through the doorway, you could see dusty displays with meager wares offered. There was a female half elf inside.

"Alright," Raakz said as he climbed down from the carriage and tethered the horses, "let's try not to piss too many people off today." He goes inside, head on a swivel to get a good look at the place, and waits for the elf to speak.

[Could you confirm Gordy got a room at The Odd Plate?]

Gordy did book a room at The Odd Plate.

The moment that Raakz's foot crossed the threshold, the half elf said, "What do you need?" without even glancing at Raakz. She was around 5'7" and slim. She had raven hair cut short, she wore a brown leather bodice that fit her snugly. Her eyes were a emerald green. She was reading a small book behind the sales counter, which was dusty and nearly barren, a sack of flour and a hammer sat inside it.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue May 12, 2020 4:51 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar makes his way towards the Genera store to try and find Raakz and Zylo

Ragnar asked a nearby person where he might find the store, the elderly human pointed him in the right direction. By the time he got to the store, he saw Raakz walking in, with Zylo sitting in the carriage.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue May 12, 2020 4:57 pm

Ragnar looks over to Zylo,”Hey wolfboy! I was afraid y’all were going to hunt this orc jerk down without me, glad I caught up. What are we up to here?”
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 13, 2020 8:43 am

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar looks over to Zylo,”Hey wolfboy! I was afraid y’all were going to hunt this orc jerk down without me, glad I caught up. What are we up to here?”

The wolf boy just stares at you in silence. Seems the weird spell that Ordrak and Geliah fall into is not affecting Zylo.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed May 13, 2020 9:08 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Gordy did book a room at The Odd Plate.

The moment that Raakz's foot crossed the threshold, the half elf said, "What do you need?" without even glancing at Raakz. She was around 5'7" and slim. She had raven hair cut short, she wore a brown leather bodice that fit her snugly. Her eyes were a emerald green. She was reading a small book behind the sales counter, which was dusty and nearly barren, a sack of flour and a hammer sat inside it.

[Somewhere Gordy is staring out the window at the Pony, jittery and anxious. Gordy hated stake-outs.]

Raakz sniffs the air, and tries to see what book the woman is reading. "Information," he answers. "I had hoped to find an old associate who could help."
    He was idly aware of Ragnar's arrival outside at the carriage, and hoped the big man didn't do anything off-putting.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 13, 2020 12:08 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Gordy did book a room at The Odd Plate.

[Somewhere Gordy is staring out the window at the Pony, jittery and anxious. Gordy hated stake-outs.]

Raakz sniffs the air, and tries to see what book the woman is reading. "Information," he answers. "I had hoped to find an old associate who could help."
    He was idly aware of Ragnar's arrival outside at the carriage, and hoped the big man didn't do anything off-putting.

The woman looked up at Raakz. He could see that the book she was reading was blank. Blank? Why is she reading a blank book?
    "Information is expensive, I hope you have coin or information to trade." She closes her blank book. "What is your old associate's name." She straightens up and eyes the goblin, he resting bitch face unmoving.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed May 13, 2020 12:57 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The woman looked up at Raakz. He could see that the book she was reading was blank. Blank? Why is she reading a blank book?
    "Information is expensive, I hope you have coin or information to trade." She closes her blank book. "What is your old associate's name." She straightens up and eyes the goblin, he resting bitch face unmoving.

Raakz suppresses a smirk. He, too, possessed a book with blank page(s); it was entitled The Meaning of Life.

"Just so you know, my gut tells me to put a bolt through your eye and check this place out myself. But I'm already wanted enough for two lifetimes and don't want the headache. Plus I doubt Ed would appreciate the mess. So let's cut to the chase and you tell me what it'll cost to know where I can find him."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 13, 2020 1:36 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:The woman looked up at Raakz. He could see that the book she was reading was blank. Blank? Why is she reading a blank book?

Raakz suppresses a smirk. He, too, possessed a book with blank page(s); it was entitled The Meaning of Life.

"Just so you know, my gut tells me to put a bolt through your eye and check this place out myself. But I'm already wanted enough for two lifetimes and don't want the headache. Plus I doubt Ed would appreciate the mess. So let's cut to the chase and you tell me what it'll cost to know where I can find him."

The woman's face is a stone while you speak..until you mention Edwin, "Ed? You mean Edwin?" She is clearly surprised at the name. "What is your name?"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed May 13, 2020 2:22 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Just so you know, my gut tells me to put a bolt through your eye and check this place out myself. But I'm already wanted enough for two lifetimes and don't want the headache. Plus I doubt Ed would appreciate the mess. So let's cut to the chase and you tell me what it'll cost to know where I can find him."

The woman's face is a stone while you speak..until you mention Edwin, "Ed? You mean Edwin?" She is clearly surprised at the name. "What is your name?"[/quote]

"Edwin. Bullet. The Weaving Priest. Whatever you call him. He still have a thing about killing crows?" Raakz grinned, trying to gauge the woman's reaction. "My name is Raakz."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 13, 2020 2:54 pm

Oxander wrote:"Edwin. Bullet. The Weaving Priest. Whatever you call him. He still have a thing about killing crows?" Raakz grinned, trying to gauge the woman's reaction. "My name is Raakz."

She smiles a small smile. "I was wondering when you would show up here, Mr. Raakz. Edwin has told me much about you, my favorite story is the one where you two broke into the royal armory to steal the crown jewels to use as ransom payment for the little Quickling that follows you around. What was the body count on that? Thirty?" She chuckled. "I am Chaline, but you can call me Chal. Edwin is here, I will let him know you have arrived."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed May 13, 2020 3:11 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:She smiles a small smile. "I was wondering when you would show up here, Mr. Raakz. Edwin has told me much about you, my favorite story is the one where you two broke into the royal armory to steal the crown jewels to use as ransom payment for the little Quickling that follows you around. What was the body count on that? Thirty?" She chuckled. "I am Chaline, but you can call me Chal. Edwin is here, I will let him know you have arrived."

Raakz takes a sip from his flask. "Forty-three, but if they're mindless slaves to the state, do they even count? Thanks, I'll be outside telling my thugs what's what."

Raakz then goes outside to address Zylo and Ragnar. "Alright, Rag, since you sniffed us out, I'm going to tell you what I told Zee here. The guy inside is an old friend, knows a bunch of shit about all sorts of shit, including probably this orc-bred bastard. BUT! And I mean this, don't fuck with him. I'm probably his best friend on this or any Cosmic Plane, but if he feels you're a threat, even I can't stop him. So, ya know, be nice."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed May 13, 2020 3:22 pm

Chal disappears into a back room as Raakz addresses Ragnar and Zylo.

A moment later, a loud *THUNK* and a dust cloud appears beside Raakz. "RAAKZ!" a slim halfling holding a woven sling stands in the doorway to the shop. "Get your little green ass in here." The halfling was about 4 foot tall and dressed in common clothes. He had a sly look to him, he was confident about his abilities and you all can tell. "Bring your thugs, too." He goes back into the shop.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed May 13, 2020 3:30 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Chal disappears into a back room as Raakz addresses Ragnar and Zylo.

A moment later, a loud *THUNK* and a dust cloud appears beside Raakz. "RAAKZ!" a slim halfling holding a woven sling stands in the doorway to the shop. "Get your little green ass in here." The halfling was about 4 foot tall and dressed in common clothes. He had a sly look to him, he was confident about his abilities and you all can tell. "Bring your thugs, too." He goes back into the shop.

And so Raakz follows, and waves for Zylo and Rangar to come too.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed May 13, 2020 7:50 pm

Zylo hops out of the carriage, silent, still his mind on the scene that took place before the ship.

Walks in feeling a little low and his body shows it. Moving in kinda somberish.

Looks around the place as he follows Raakz and the halfing.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu May 14, 2020 11:37 pm

Ragnar looks at Zylo in confusion, wondering why he just ignored him. “Alright I guess I’ll ask Rakz since yo seem to have taken a vow of silence “ he says as he follows zylo inside.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Fri May 15, 2020 8:55 am

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar looks at Zylo in confusion, wondering why he just ignored him. “Alright I guess I’ll ask Rakz since yo seem to have taken a vow of silence “ he says as he follows zylo inside.

"Ask Raakz what?" Raakz asks.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 15, 2020 10:38 am

As the three enter the shop, they see a staircase that Raakz did not see before. Chal was standing in the same spot, "Have fun." She says with a smile, and opens her book back up.

Edwin starts his decent down the stairs, "Follow me, and watch your head Goliath, we didn't build this place for tall fuckers." He disappears.

The stairwell has lit by enchanted torches that emit a light blue glow. As you descend the lights go from light blue to a brighter white glow. You follow Edwin for several minutes down the stairs. Ragnar is hunched over for the entire time, he barely fits into the stairwell. Finally, they make it to a flat with a long hallway with no doors. "Wait there." He says as he walks into the hall. He turns about 3 quarters of the way in and touches the wall to the right. He whispers something and then the wall disappears. It opens up into a single room that is filled with beds, a bar with a dwarven bar tender, several paintings and fine pieces of art adorning the walls and tables. It is what most would describe as extravagant. "Welcome to the Grathport theives guild, my friends." Edwin says as a few heads pop up from the beds. At the bar, there are four people drinking and chatting among each other.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Fri May 15, 2020 11:37 am

Ord leaves the ship in search of an armorer so he walks off the pier into the adjacent street looking for street signs/directories or anything or anyone that can help direct him towards information before he follows the main road.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri May 15, 2020 11:40 am

Irish Ninjutsu Master wrote:Ord leaves the ship in search of an armorer so he walks off the pier into the adjacent street looking for street signs/directories or anything or anyone that can help direct him towards information before he follows the main road.

Ordrak stumbles around the city silently to an enchanted armorer, "The Starry Forge". The storefront has several finely crafted plates and chainmail with intricate designs and slight magical glows to them. A young gnome and a brown haired dwarf were arguing inside.
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Fri May 15, 2020 11:44 am

Ord gingerly walks in lowering his head and listening to the argument inside (information is information).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 9:53 pm