Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Dook
    Dook

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 27 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Dook Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:17 pm

Zylo looks at Aerl.

"Lead the way, I am ready when you are!"

Using a hand gesture to show that he is ready!
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:50 am

Tolr'ax wrote:THE NEXT DAY

Aerl smiles. "Owen is going to be funding our quest. Raakz, since you are honor bound by contracts, I have written a contract up for you and the others to sign onto our quest."

He presents a document that basically states that you all agree to help Aerl in his quest to quell the cult's evildoing in whatever ways you can. There is a line for each of you to sign.

Owen clears his throat. "I have 50 gold for each of you." He distributes the gold himself. "This is for helping me find Aerl. I feel honor bound to help end the cult's influence on the island."

Raakz reads. "Evil-doing? What kind of lame societal standards are you trying to push on me, huh? And for what? I'm a fan of free booze for life, but you gotta help me understand why I'd take a gig against a fucking cult for that?"

Dook wrote:..."We shall leave a wake of justice in our....wake!!!!!"

Zylo says all this knowing no one will listen and not be bothered to grasp all this nonsense!

Raakz raises an eyebrow. Dogman was actually kinda funny.

Tolr'ax wrote:Ragnar also signs Raakz's contract.

"Neat," and pays over the money.

Tolr'ax wrote:"We should head to the boat as soon as possible. There's not telling what could happen to us on the way." Aerl says.

"Not at all foreboding there, Earl," Raakz grunts, adjusting his gear. "How long til the docks?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:19 pm

Oxander wrote:

Raakz reads. "Evil-doing? What kind of lame societal standards are you trying to push on me, huh? And for what? I'm a fan of free booze for life, but you gotta help me understand why I'd take a gig against a fucking cult for that?"

"Not at all foreboding there, Earl," Raakz grunts, adjusting his gear. "How long til the docks?"

Aerl just looks at Raakz with a blank stare. "You don't have to come if you don't want to. But, if you need a more monetary reward, the cult has amassed a large amount of wealth that I'm sure they will not miss once we have destroyed them. You will probably never have to work another day in your life if you help us."

Owen pipes up, "The docks are about a thirty minute carriage ride away, Raakz." He says with a smile.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Aerl just looks at Raakz with a blank stare. "You don't have to come if you don't want to. But, if you need a more monetary reward, the cult has amassed a large amount of wealth that I'm sure they will not miss once we have destroyed them. You will probably never have to work another day in your life if you help us."

Owen pipes up, "The docks are about a thirty minute carriage ride away, Raakz." He says with a smile.

Raakz casts Arcane Weapon, while giving Earl the finger. "So let's go. Bitch."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:51 am

The party piles into the carriage, for those who are active, where would you like to sit?

It is early morning, the sun just creeping through the clouds, a few towns people are making their ways to their daily tasks. It is relatively quiet. It is a brisk day and the cool air makes everyone but Ord and Ragnar shiver a bit.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:36 am

Raakz sits by the driver. Probably Earl. Gordy'll be flanking on the streets in the shadows and out of sight.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:03 pm

Aerl takes the drivers seat. The zombies known as Ord, Ragnar, and Geliah take their seats in the cab. Zylo perches atop the carriage to watch out for baddies. And off the party goes. Owen stands at the door of his pub and wave you off on your adventure.

The party silently makes their way through the city, you pass several shops, homes, and civilians. There is no trouble sighted. You get to the docks. Hundreds of ships floating in the harbor. Dock workers working, unloading cargo, doing all sorts of various tasks. Seagulls caw, poop, and fly around the docks. Aerl stops the carriage at an unimpressive caravel, a name painted on the side reads "The Shadow of the Sea". The white sails

"This is it. She's not much, but she does the job." A dock worker comes over and greets him. They chatter a bit and then he waived them on. Aerl pulls the carriage up onto the ship.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:36 pm

Zylo slowly starts getting pale and shakes his head.

"Waters....why did have to be waters...like I knew what I was getting into when we were heading to the docks, but I am not a fan!"

Zylo drops down from the carriage and scans the area from his position. He also looks at the boat very meticulously.

"How big is this ship? Are we safe from the deep blue threats? Is there a place where I can just sit and wait for this voyage to be over..." He says begrudgingly.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:00 pm

Aerl chuckles at Zylo's fears. "Have no worries, you won't get wet. It is a day and a half to our destination. The only thing you should worry about is pirates. But with you all here, you should be able to fend them off easily."

From what you can tell, the ship is perfectly safe.

Just then, a fat old man walks over to the carriage, "Arl ma bo'! Wel'cm bach!" He reeks of rum. Aerl says in complete deadpan, "Drunk again, Hal? How do you expect to navigate the waters like that?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:55 pm

The dread of hearing that this guy was the navigator of the ship overwhelmed Zylo.

Zylo looks at Hal,"got anymore rum. I think I could use it!"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:14 pm

Dook wrote:The dread of hearing that this guy was the navigator of the ship overwhelmed Zylo.

Zylo looks at Hal,"got anymore rum. I think I could use it!"

Hal laughed and burped a long burp. "Mo' ahn berd, la'"

Aerl just sighed. "Our departure might be a bit later than I expected."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:36 pm

Zylo can not understand him.

He just nods his head up and down in agreement to what he said.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:55 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Hal laughed and burped a long burp. "Mo' ahn berd, la'"

"'N sa we nip on 'n gerr rubesh!" Raakz hoists his flask in salute and takes a deep drink. He then points up to the Crow's nest, and grumbles something that was probably blasphemous, and definitely a question.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:24 am

Aerl says to everyone, "You have free access to the ship, we will leave in three hours. There is a market nearby if you want to stock up on supplies before the journey." He then rides the carriage up onto the ship. "We have a three rooms available on board for you to choose from. So, you will have to bunk up."

Aerl gets down and hands the reins to one of the crew on the ship. "I'll be here getting everything ready. Zylo, if you want rum, just head down to the store room, there are plenty of bottles."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:24 am

I wave off towards Aerl telling I understood as Zylo cringes at the sight of the sea.

He mumbles to himself,"This is going to be a fun ride. You always knew that I hated the water. You never exactly knew how to teach a human how to swim. Ugh...still have nightmares of you throwing me in that lake and sank to the bottom. Just sat at the bottom and was thinking, yep this is how I die. Completely content with it and all, accepting my fate. Then you jumped in and pulled me back on shore. You laugh and said that you surely thought that would work. Uldair, you were a terrible mentor, but a good father nonetheless. I will find him and bring justice to your name...one way or another." Zylo says in a monologue within his mind.

"I am going to head to the market and see what I can find. What bloody monstrosities we might find out there, hell if I know. Best be prepared if anything."

Zylo leaves the boat heading to the market, hands in pockets and drags his feet while looking back at the boat.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Oct 16, 2019 12:39 am

Raakz exchanges a few more passable words of half syllables with captain - perfectly understandable he was, just a curious dialect - before hoisting himself up. "My cabin is the lookout."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Dook wrote:I wave off towards Aerl telling I understood as Zylo cringes at the sight of the sea.

He mumbles to himself,"This is going to be a fun ride. You always knew that I hated the water. You never exactly knew how to teach a human how to swim. Ugh...still have nightmares of you throwing me in that lake and sank to the bottom. Just sat at the bottom and was thinking, yep this is how I die. Completely content with it and all, accepting my fate. Then you jumped in and pulled me back on shore. You laugh and said that you surely thought that would work. Uldair, you were a terrible mentor, but a good father nonetheless. I will find him and bring justice to your name...one way or another." Zylo says in a monologue within his mind.

"I am going to head to the market and see what I can find. What bloody monstrosities we might find out there, hell if I know. Best be prepared if anything."

Zylo leaves the boat heading to the market, hands in pockets and drags his feet while looking back at the boat.

Ord comes with you. "Backup if trouble comes." Is what he says his intentions are. Ragnar stays on the boat.

Oxander wrote:Raakz exchanges a few more passable words of half syllables with captain - perfectly understandable he was, just a curious dialect - before hoisting himself up. "My cabin is the lookout."

Hal laughs, "Cru nes'?! Funeh ga! Slehp en da nes'! HAA!" He hollers as he walks to his quarters. He pulls out a bottle of rum and takes a swig.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:07 pm

Zylo talks to Ord.

"You want to know something. The oddest feeling. The moment I saw you, I immediately thought I already knew. It was incredibly odd because I don't forget a face, but have we met before or is this just me being dumb?"

As I speak I look around to see what the market has to offer. Taking in all the details of the places that I could possibly enter.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:48 pm

Dook wrote:Zylo talks to Ord.

"You want to know something. The oddest feeling. The moment I saw you, I immediately thought I already knew. It was incredibly odd because I don't forget a face, but have we met before or is this just me being dumb?"

As I speak I look around to see what the market has to offer. Taking in all the details of the places that I could possibly enter.

"Probably just dumb. But I sort of felt the same. You are familiar. As is Ragnar." Ord says with not much emotion.

You see everything you could want in a market. Weapons, food, armor, supplies, slaves, taverns, livestock. What do you want to do?
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:45 pm

I scowl with a strong frown towards the slaves. My heart was heavy.

Yeah, probably dumb..but if you felt it too, then it must have been something. I am sure we will find out soon."

I walk up to the food stall and see what they are offering.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:51 pm

There are many food stalls around, you happen to walk up to a fish monger, he has fresh fish and some cooking, he has pretty much every type of saltwater fish you can think of!
    The fishmonger is a haggard looking half-orc. "Take your pick, kid. Fish are fresh today. Or you want somethin' cooked?" He is chopping the head off of a fish with a cleaver.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:40 am

Raakz takes his place in the crow's nest and breaks out his tools. Within minutes, he had disassembled the light crossbow and had his hand crossbow unstrung, the wing casing released. Using an assortment of tools, he took the best parts of the light crossbow, and incorporated them into the hand crossbow. He played around with a few options, testing the bow strength for range and punching power, as well as the weight and balance of the weapon. He needed it to remain one-handed but if he would increase it's output in some way, that would be excellent.

(Proficiency in Tinkers Tools and Carpentry; looking for either +range or +damage die. You tell me if it's possible.)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:16 pm

"I do love me some raw fish! Can give me a few cutlets of your freshest yellowtail? Would you also happen to know if any place around here serves cooked sticky rice? I had a friend...." Zylo stops mid sentence and tries to remember said friend but can not for the life of him place a face nor a name."...well someone taught me once on my travels that raw fish and rice are sublime together."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:59 pm

Oxander wrote:Raakz takes his place in the crow's nest and breaks out his tools. Within minutes, he had disassembled the light crossbow and had his hand crossbow unstrung, the wing casing released. Using an assortment of tools, he took the best parts of the light crossbow, and incorporated them into the hand crossbow. He played around with a few options, testing the bow strength for range and punching power, as well as the weight and balance of the weapon. He needed it to remain one-handed but if he would increase it's output in some way, that would be excellent.

(Proficiency in Tinkers Tools and Carpentry; looking for either  +range or +damage die. You tell me if it's possible.)

Raakz manages to increase the range by 5ft

Dook wrote:"I do love me some raw fish! Can give me a few cutlets of your freshest yellowtail? Would you also happen to know if any place around here serves cooked sticky rice? I had a friend...." Zylo stops mid sentence and tries to remember said friend but can not for the life of him place a face nor a name."...well someone taught me once on my travels that raw fish and rice are sublime together."

The vendor packs some cutlets up for you, you pay 1 silver. He points you and Ord in the direction where you can get some sticky rice, a small wooden hut with steam and a sweet aroma coming from behind a curtain that falls to knee height on a regular sized person. As you move past the curtain, you get a whiff of delicious rice. A human man is stirring a vat of rice. His eyes are narrow and his skin slightly yellowish tan. He is bald and has a white bandana tied around his head. He greets you. "Hi! How can I help you sirs?" His accent is not one that you have heard before. "We have rice, brown rice, white rice, sticky rice, long rice, short rice, spicy rice, rice with egg, fried rice, sweet rice, vinegar rice, what rice you want?"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Oxander wrote:Raakz takes his place in the crow's nest and breaks out his tools. Within minutes, he had disassembled the light crossbow and had his hand crossbow unstrung, the wing casing released. Using an assortment of tools, he took the best parts of the light crossbow, and incorporated them into the hand crossbow. He played around with a few options, testing the bow strength for range and punching power, as well as the weight and balance of the weapon. He needed it to remain one-handed but if he would increase it's output in some way, that would be excellent.

(Proficiency in Tinkers Tools and Carpentry; looking for either  +range or +damage die. You tell me if it's possible.)

Raakz manages to increase the range by 5ft

Only moderately satisfied, Raakz drinks until he passes out, awaiting travel.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:11 am