Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Oxander
    Oxander

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 26 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Oxander Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:12 am

Dook wrote:Zylo sighs,"No, this will do. See you around."

Zylo gives up and starts heading back to the Tavern. Ready to feast and drink the night away.

Tolr'ax wrote:As Zylo is on his way back to Owen's, he passes some stray people, it is not very crowded in the city today. As he goes to the bar, he notices that there is something different about the door. It has a symbol painted in red on it. A rider on a winged horse.

Inside the Bar:
    Gordy appears downstairs with the others almost in a flash. "Oh geez Raakz, I had a little too much *burp* to drink." He says sways a little.

Ordak and Geliah are enjoying a nice meal together. Chatting it up about their lives. Ragnar is munching on some turkey legs. Raakz is playing with his new violin and tinkering with his weapons. Aerl is sipping on a glass of wine and eating a bowl of stew. There is a nice warm fire going making sure the room is bright and the food is hot. From the kitchen, everyone can hear the crew banging around with pots and pans and the like. Owen is in his office reading a flier. All is good.

Raakz is still waiting on Ordak and Ragnar to say something about his contract proposal. And wondering if this woman needs to be included, too. Probably not if she belonged to the dragonborn. Maybe. Can't trust anything with a vagina to have proper sense.

He flagged down Zylo when he entered, and gave him the same spiel as he'd given the others. "100 gold if you sign and abide."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 am

"Ok, I can agree with that."

Zylo signs and takes the 100 gold.

"Raakz....come look at this with me and tell me this is not suspicious?"

Zylo leads Raakz outside to show him the symbol.

+0 history check
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:41 pm

Dook wrote:"Ok, I can agree with that."

Zylo signs and takes the 100 gold.

+0 history check

You can tell that it is fresh. And you have seen the likes of it before. But cannot recall exactly where.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:14 am

Zylo patiently waits for Raakz to respond to this situation...

"This does not give me the warms and fuzzies. It's like we have been marked...targeted..."

I look around at other doors to see if Owen's place has been the only one tagged.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:50 am

Dook wrote:

Dook wrote:Zylo patiently waits for Raakz to respond to this situation...
    "This does not give me the warms and fuzzies. It's like we have been marked...targeted..."

Raakz tilts his head. Is that... blood?
    (Passive Perception 20; Passive Investigation 15)

It's clearly a symbol, and it could be declaring for some manner of nobility or organization - brands were not at all uncommon, after all - but if that was blood, this was more likely to be religious.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 am

Last edited by Dook on Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Sep 05, 2019 10:58 am

Oxander wrote:
    Dook wrote:

Dook wrote:Zylo patiently waits for Raakz to respond to this situation...

Raakz tilts his head. Is that... blood?
    (Passive Perception 20; Passive Investigation 15)

It's clearly a symbol, and it could be declaring for some manner of nobility or organization - brands were not at all uncommon, after all - but if that was blood, this was more likely to be religious.

"I have seen this before, and for some reason, I do not think it was invitation to a party full of fun and debauchery."

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:55 am

It is in fact blood. The other doors are unmarked. Owen's bar has been marked with a bloody symbol.

Zylo: you have seen this before, but not necessarily in bloody mural form. Possibly on a foe.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:36 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:It is in fact blood. The other doors are unmarked. Owen's bar has been marked with a bloody symbol.

"Interesting..." (Religion Check +3)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:40 pm

"Was this on that cult leader that I attacked before I went down?"

Zylo looks towards Raakz for confirmation.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Sep 07, 2019 12:51 pm

Dook wrote:"Was this on that cult leader that I attacked before I went down?"

"Look, all I've said since you showed this to me was 'interesting,' and while I'm pretty sure I have an idea, I'm sorta waiting on something." He taps his head. "Shiny math rocks go click-clack," he says cryptically.

(Tolr'ax? Religion check +3)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:31 am

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:It is in fact blood. The other doors are unmarked. Owen's bar has been marked with a bloody symbol.

You have seen this around in various parts of the city and island. It is not uncommon on Grath. You think it has something to do with the cult, but are not 100% sure.

Gordy suddenly appears in an instant. "H-hey Raakz, you and Zylo-ooooooo what is that?! Why is that there Raakz?!" Gordy freaking out a bit points to the bloody mural. "That was in the alley where the cult leader vanished from. Oh jeez Raakz they found us, they found where we are." He starts running around in circles creating a little tornado of wind. He essentially vanishes from the eye and is replaces by a flash of yellow and dust being picked up with "Oh jeez" being repeated over and over.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:43 am

Tolr'ax wrote:
    Oxander wrote:

You have seen this around in various parts of the city and island. It is not uncommon on Grath. You think it has something to do with the cult, but are not 100% sure.

Gordy suddenly appears in an instant. "H-hey Raakz, you and Zylo-ooooooo what is that?! Why is that there Raakz?!" Gordy freaking out a bit points to the bloody mural. "That was in the alley where the cult leader vanished from. Oh jeez Raakz they found us, they found where we are." He starts running around in circles creating a little tornado of wind. He essentially vanishes from the eye and is replaces by a flash of yellow and dust being picked up with "Oh jeez" being repeated over and over.

Raakz sticks his hand out into the tornado, right at Gordy's face height.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:33 pm

Gordy runs right into Raakz's hand and is clotheslined to the ground, skidding across the road. "Ow ow ow." He says has he lays on the ground.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Sep 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Gordy runs right into Raakz's hand and is clotheslined to the ground, skidding across the road. "Ow ow ow." He says has he lays on the ground.

"Would you relax, Gordy! We're leaving anyway. Those cultists can suck it."

He then takes a drink from his flask, and looks at Zylo. "They're hunting you. Why?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Gordy just wallows in the dirt and cries.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:17 am

"I was trying to find information about this "Goddess of Grath Wine" and while I was passing time at the fight club, some knob from the cult, or being controlled by the cult, wasn't too sure....well he attacked me and let us just say it did not end well for him." I chuckle at the memory.

This though...it concerns me...we should be on guard."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:25 pm

Dook wrote:"I was trying to find information about this "Goddess of Grath Wine" and while I was passing time at the fight club, some knob from the cult, or being controlled by the cult, wasn't too sure....well he attacked me and let us just say it did not end well for him." I chuckle at the memory.

This though...it concerns me...we should be on guard."

"What kind of shitty excuse for a goddess would bother with this pitiful island? Fine, fuck it. Look, you're kind of a dipshit, for picking a fight with a cult I mean, but you signed the contract so I'll be there for you. At least until it's a futile situation and you're doomed and I have an out. Anyway, we're leaving tomorrow, and I'm gonna sleep."

Raakz then heads up to bed.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:11 am

Zylo watches as the goblin heads inside.

He is loyal...in his own weird way...brash...but loyal...more loyal than all the others at least.

Zylo sighs and picks a corner of the bar to sit down in and curls up into a ball, waiting for slumber to overcome his senses.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:17 pm

THE NEXT DAY

The morning comes quickly. Everyone has had a full rest and is at full hp.
    Owen and Aerl are in the main room at the tavern as you all arrive. Owen has a hot breakfast of pork sausage, eggs, wine and ale, and some sauteed vegetables for everyone.
    Owen smiles as you all show your faces. "Well well. I guess you all have had a decent night's sleep. Well, Aerl and I have spoken about the task at hand. I will grant you all free drink for life for helping me with my ambitions. It is unfortunate that we will not be able to sell the drink at the bar. But, I have agreed to help Aerl with his quest."

Aerl smiles. "Owen is going to be funding our quest. Raakz, since you are honor bound by contracts, I have written a contract up for you and the others to sign onto our quest."

He presents a document that basically states that you all agree to help Aerl in his quest to quell the cult's evildoing in whatever ways you can. There is a line for each of you to sign.

Owen clears his throat. "I have 50 gold for each of you." He distributes the gold himself. "This is for helping me find Aerl. I feel honor bound to help end the cult's influence on the island."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:02 pm

Zylo signs below on the line.

He also takes the money from Owen and graciously thanks him!

"The faster we can get this started the better. I am tired of having this target on my back...or at least would not mind if others joined me in this club. We can call our selves 'The Brethren with Death Wishes on Our Backs.' Rolls off the tongue perfectly. I'll make matching armor with a symbol, mostly on the back, in a target fashion...so they know it is us. I will also make friends with a wolf and name him Booty and ride him into battle yelling our battle cry! We will make it on the fly so that when we shout it all at the same time in perfect rhythm that we will mess up and they will know we mean business. Scared they will run in panic from they nonsense we will bestow upon their feeble heads. Let me tell you, they have no idea what is coming! The Brethren with Death Wishes on Our Backs will be known across Grath and have hope in the hearts of innocents and fear in the eyes of our villians! We shall leave a wake of justice in our....wake!!!!!"

Zylo says all this knowing no one will listen and not be bothered to grasp all this nonsense!
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Sep 25, 2019 5:03 pm

Aerl stares at Zylo. "How about just...'The Brethren'?" He askes condescendingly.

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Sep 26, 2019 8:21 am

Ragnar, Geliah, and Ordak all scribble their names onto the contract. Ragnar also signs Raakz's contract.

Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:49 pm

"Mmmh....yeah..that sounds easier to roll of the tongue!"

Zylo smiles a big dumb smile as he rubs his head.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:34 pm

"We should head to the boat as soon as possible. There's not telling what could happen to us on the way." Aerl says.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 1:01 pm