Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Oxander
    Oxander

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 15 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Oxander Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:41 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Aerl stares at them both. "Be at the dock later if you are coming, I have some other business to attend while you are out hunting bounties."

"It's not nice to eavesdrop, you haughty prick," Raakz says over his shoulder as he walks away. "Besides, the multiverse is too big to give a shit about your pr*uggh*ide. See you at the docks!"

Raakz turns to Zylo. "You coming or just holding your dick?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:15 am

Zylo is visibly holding his dick.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:43 am

I shrug my shoulders and follow the goblin to his destination.

"Sure, it is not like I have anything else to do at the moment."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:57 am

Ragnar follows the Raakz and Zylo.

The three go into the seedy part of town. You go into a tavern with a sign that has "The Blind Beholder" scrawled onto it. As you make your way into the run down building, there are a few patrons sitting around.
    There are two dwarves in the corner arguing about who has the most luscious beard. There is a dirty looking human at the bar. He is bald and in little more than rags. As you walk in, he looks up to you. "Raakz, was hoping never to see you again." (Raakz knows him as Byrd)
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:23 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Ragnar follows the Raakz and Zylo.

The three go into the seedy part of town. You go into a tavern with a sign that has "The Blind Beholder" scrawled onto it. As you make your way into the run down building, there are a few patrons sitting around.
    There are two dwarves in the corner arguing about who has the most luscious beard. There is a dirty looking human at the bar. He is bald and in little more than rags. As you walk in, he looks up to you. "Raakz, was hoping never to see you again." (Raakz knows him as Byrd)

"I could probably arrange that. It takes shockingly little effort to detach a retina." Raakz's hackles are raised from being called out so publicly. What a shit, Byrd was.

"Yo, Zylo, take your big friend over there," says the goblin, pointing to the corner of the room. "You tall folk draw too much attention."

Raakz then gives the dwarves a sidelong study, and crawls up into a rickety stool at the bar. To Byrd, he mumbles softly, "I don't go announcing y*burrrp*-your name to the rats and ravens, maybe you'd do me the same courtesy." He flags down the barkeep for a bottle of liquor, then pulls out the wanted poster and shows Byrd. "This says her name is Twitch, but I like to think of her as Jerk Bitch, because it means the same thing and is funnier. I don't buy it, though. Halflings never have such stupid names. Those idiots always like to cram as many syllables into as few letters as possible. But to the point, know where I can find her? You owe me for the thing with the guy at the place."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:55 pm

Byrd studies the picture. "Yeah, I know her. As far as I know she is in the city still. Crazy bitch. She stole a noble's wagon and smashed it into a tavern that banned her. Not sure why they banned her. She normally is alone, but I hear she is with a bunch of thugs now. You should check around the Loomin Square (Raakz knows this place as the middle class sector of town in the south). She is full of spunk, Twitch is a nickname. Don't know her real one."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:42 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Byrd studies the picture. "Yeah, I know her. As far as I know she is in the city still. Crazy bitch. She stole a noble's wagon and smashed it into a tavern that banned her. Not sure why they banned her. She normally is alone, but I hear she is with a bunch of thugs now. You should check around the Loomin Square (Raakz knows this place as the middle class sector of town in the south). She is full of spunk, Twitch is a nickname. Don't know her real one."

Raakz drops a gold for Byrd and a couple of silvers for the liquor and hops down from his stool. Turning up the bottle, he waves for Zylo and the tall motherfucker to follow. "To Loomin Square we go!" And off he scoots.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:45 pm

The three of you make your way to Loomin square. It is a large square full of vendors and common folk. Not as rich as the market where the Golden Dragon is located, but it is a modestly wealthy area. There are several people around. Off in an ally, there are a few..shady characters lingering about. The vendors are selling fresh produce, tools, weapons, armor, baubles, trinkets, supplies, and other miscellaneous wares. A group of children play in the medium sized fountain, splashing each other and laughing. A small group of wealthier (you can tell by their luxurious clothing) folk are walking around the square talking with the merchants. There are patrols of 4 guards walking around the square keeping an eye out for trouble.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:01 pm

Raakz will meander through the vendors, buying a bag of peaches, changing out a few gold for coppers, and generally just scanning the crowds. Was Twinkle or Twixie or whatever her damn Tricky name is - was she around?
    Irish Ninjutsu Master
    Irish Ninjutsu Master

Post by Irish Ninjutsu Master Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:03 am

Ordrak slowly awakens from his petrified state. His joints ache and he feels heavy as if he was frozen or asleep. He assesses his surroundings.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:09 am

Ordak: You are in Owen's bar, you vaguely remember the events that lead you here. You remember going to the Golden Dragon and getting food, but getting kicked out, then you remember sitting at Owen's bar and then gambling with Geliah and strangers. You see the 18 gold in front of you and a set of dice. Geliah is sitting beside you, also with dice, and a stack of 18 gold in front of her as well.

Owen looks up from his table, "Welcome back to the land of the conscious, Ord! The others have gone to the Golden Dragon to meet with Aerl, if you hurry, you might be able to meet them."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 22, 2019 1:05 pm

Raakz: You spend a silver on a bag of peaches (they smell fresh and amazing), Twitch is nowhere to be seen. You do, however, notice that the shady fellows at the alley are watching the square intently, they all disappear into the alley leaving only one at the entrance to the alley. From what you can tell, he looks to be a large human. You can tell he has some sort of weapon on his hip.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:07 pm

Raakz will alert the guards. "That guy, there. Pretty sure he's wanted." (deception +2) He indicates the lookout at the mouth of the alley.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:11 pm

Raakz: The group of guards look over at the man, one of them says, "Thank you for your help, sir. We will apprehend him." They move over to the man, he watches them get closer and then scampers off down the alley. The group of guards follow him at full sprint. You can hear a commotion further down the alley.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Raakz will peel a peach, and gnaw on it as he walks nonchalantly towards the corner of a sidestreet where any spillover from the alley should come. He should be able to see the alley where the guards entered, and at least one other alley entrance from his vantage point.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:33 pm

Raakz: All of a sudden, a carriage pulls out of the side street, there is a small woman on it yelling (in a scottish accent) "MA SECOND FANCY LOOKIN WAGON!!! GUNNA CRASH IT INTO THAT THAR PUB THAT TRIED TO BAN ME....AGAIN!!!!" The wagon is coming towards you, you can see a couple of the guards chasing it, you also notice that there are 2 of the thugs holding onto it as well.
    She looks like the woman on the wanted poster.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:57 pm

[One horse or two horses pulling the carriage?]

Raakz's shield was afixed to a pulley system; a simple jerk of his arm in the right direction released the clasp that held the oversized pauldron in place. As his left arm jerked and the shield slid down, his right hand pulled his miniature crossbow from its holster on his hip. With the press of a button, the limbs sprung out, and a simple drawback loads the flight groove from an undercartridge of Raakz's own design.

He waits, appraising the halfling wench, and the street in front of her carriage. Was there a street vendor with a cart nearby?

Last edited by Oxander on Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:58 pm

I awoke from my daze and saw this commotion happen!

"What the fack is going on!!!"

I look at Raakz with his neat looking bow and shield and await to assess the situation.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sun Jun 23, 2019 5:16 pm

Dook wrote:I awoke from my daze and saw this commotion happen!

"What the fack is going on!!!"

I look at Raakz with his neat looking bow and shield and await to assess the situation.

Raakz resisted the urge to swear. "Her is the she we need and that wagon is her escape. We need to block it. More accurately, you big blokes need to."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:27 am

Two horse carriage. No vendor cart in the alley, there are two across the lane from you. You have a clear shot on the carriage. It is about 60 feet away from you, and closing distance fast.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:07 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Two horse carriage. No vendor cart in the alley, there are two across the lane from you. You have a clear shot on the carriage. It is about 60 feet away from you, and closing distance fast.

Raakz slings a bag of Caltrops into the path of the carriage. He then uses his bonus action to cast Arcane Weapon (poison).

Caltrops:

Arcane Weapon:
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Raakz: Your caltrops fall into the path of the carriage, the horses come right up to the area where your caltrops are, then over it, miraculously the horse misses every single caltrop. Twitch and the two thugs on the carriage notice your actions and and the two thugs jump off the carriage with weapons drawn as Twitch and the carriage move past you. The two guards following behind catch up, they run through the caltrops, both step on them and receive 1 piercing damage each.

ROLL FOR INITIATIVE:

Raakz (22): Raakz rushes under Ragnar's legs and round the Thug, grabbing hold of the Carriage and hauling myself up onto the rear. It'd be so much easier to just shoot this chick.
    Ragnar (11):
    Zylo (11): Zylo gets on all fours and with a burst of speed run, rushing past the thugs and make a leap for the carriage. Hoping to cling to the carriage to pull himself up.
    Guards (10) [1 damage, movement reduced by 10]:
    Thugs (7):

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 15 Mipui10

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:24 pm

Raakz rushes under Ragnar's legs and round the Thug, grabbing hold of the Carriage and hauling myself up onto the rear. It'd be so much easier to just shoot this chick.

(Should be two squares west of Thug 1)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:02 pm

IN OWEN'S BAR:

Geliah has acquired another 41 gold for her winnings, totaling at 59 gold in her stack.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:51 pm

I get on all fours and with a burst of speed run, rushing past the thugs and make a leap for the carriage. Hoping to cling to the carriage to pull myself up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 11:29 pm