Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 22 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:40 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar, angered by the fact that his aim was not true prepares to try and swing again before the man can even react to the realization that he has lost an arm to try and finish him off as he yells

Action: Ragnar swings his great axe for the Chestof c4 in an attempt to incapacitate him

Try to include the weapon stats in your post when you attack. (+5 1d12+3) for your great axe, this helps me not have to look back and forth
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:56 pm

ROUND 3

Raakz (24) [10/11 hp]: "Shitfuckers," Raakz mutters as he fires at C1 plunging the bolt into the man's groin causing 8 piercing damage, the poison starts coursing through his veins for 1 poison damage!
    Zylo (22) [0/15 hp, Stable]: Succeeded on his 2nd death save roll. One more and he stabilizes.
    Gordy (19) [Full Cover]: "Aw, man, that's gross, Raakz. I'm trying my best here." Gordy move next to, and casts Spare the Dying on, Zylo, stabilizing the wolf man. His wounds stop bleeding and he is saved from death.
    Cultist 4 (19) [9 damage, lost an arm]: He screams in pain as his arm separates from his body, luckily for him it was not his sword arm. He swings at Ragnar again and lands, but the big Goliath's skin is hard as rock plus the rage his is exuding makes his muscles strong as steel, the blow only causes 1 slashing damage.
    Cultist 1 (18) [9 damage]: Swings his scimitar at Ordak, but the Dragonborn slaps the puny weapon away with his shield.
    Ordak (15) [13/13 hp]: Swings his morning star at Cultist 1's head, "You can't kill me, Charles, or whatever your name is!" But his morning star misses the cultist and takes a chunk out of the building behind him instead.
    Ragnar (13) [13/15 hp]: Ragnar, angered by the fact that his aim was not true prepares to try and swing again before the man can even react to the realization that he has lost an arm to try and finish him off as he yells. Ragnar strikes true and lops the man's head clean off.
    Cult Fanatic (3) [6 damage]:

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 22 Mipui_29
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:59 pm

ROUND 3

Raakz (24) [10/11 hp]: "Shitfuckers," Raakz mutters as he fires at C1 plunging the bolt into the man's groin causing 8 piercing damage, the poison starts coursing through his veins for 1 poison damage!
    Zylo (22) [0/15 hp, Stable]: Succeeded on his 2nd death save roll. One more and he stabilizes.
    Gordy (19) [Full Cover]: "Aw, man, that's gross, Raakz. I'm trying my best here." Gordy move next to, and casts Spare the Dying on, Zylo, stabilizing the wolf man. His wounds stop bleeding and he is saved from death.
    Cultist 4 (19) [9 damage, lost an arm]: He screams in pain as his arm separates from his body, luckily for him it was not his sword arm. He swings at Ragnar again and lands, but the big Goliath's skin is hard as rock plus the rage his is exuding makes his muscles strong as steel, the blow only causes 1 slashing damage.
    Cultist 1 (18) [9 damage]: Swings his scimitar at Ordak, but the Dragonborn slaps the puny weapon away with his shield.
    Ordak (15) [13/13 hp]: Swings his morning star at Cultist 1's head, "You can't kill me, Charles, or whatever your name is!" But his morning star misses the cultist and takes a chunk out of the building behind him instead.
    Ragnar (13) [12/15 hp]: Ragnar, angered by the fact that his aim was not true prepares to try and swing again before the man can even react to the realization that he has lost an arm to try and finish him off as he yells. Ragnar strikes true and lops the man's head clean off.
    Cult Fanatic (3) [6 damage]: The Cult Fanatic shoots another ray of light at Ordak, hitting him for 5 radiant damage! The spiritual sword then swings at Gordy but misses him! "Fools." Then he runs to the East and turns a corner out of sight and the spiritual sword disappears.

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 22 Mipui_30
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:05 pm

ROUND 4

Gordy (22): [12/12 hp]: "Aw, geez, Raakz, do I have to? W-wouldn't it be easier to just, just, ya know, get out of here?" Gordy's high-pitched whiny voice warbled as he hurried down the alley after the Fanatic.

Ragnar (16) [12/15 hp]: Ragnar, still enraged and filled with bloodlust from his fresh kill and notices his new wolfman friend has been injured, he drops his great axe and pulls out his two hand axes, lobbing each of them at the last remaining cultist aiming to kill him. He lands both axes into the cultist pinning him to the wall and sliding down them cutting him in twain.

END OF COMBAT

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 22 Mipui_31

As Gordy runs around the corner, the Cult Fanatic is gone. There is a slight scorch mark on the ground a little ways from where Gordy is. Other than that. There is no trace. On the wall, there is a mural of blood. It is of a rider on a Pegasus.

Last edited by Tolr'ax on Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:34 pm

Ragnar, still enraged and filled with bloodlust from his fresh kill and notices his new wolfman friend has been injured, he drops his great axe and pulls out his two hand axes, lobbing each of them at the last remaining cultist aiming to kill him.

Action: Ragnar throws hand axes in succession at C4 in an attempt to kill him

Handaxe. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft. Hit: 1d6+3 slashing damage. (If thrown, normal range to 20 ft.; disadvantage long range 21 to 60 ft.)
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:36 pm

"Gordy, don't lose him, you piece of shit!" Raakz shouts, pointing at the cultist fleeing down the alley while he loaded his crossbow.

"Aw, geez, Raakz, do I have to? W-wouldn't it be easier to just, just, ya know, get out of here?" Gordy's high-pitched whiny voice warbled as he hurried down the alley after the Fanatic.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:05 pm

LEVEL 2 BOYS!!!!! Level up your characters!!!!!
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:40 pm

"Shit, Raakz, he's gone." Gordy sounded worried Raakz would be disappointed. Can't imagine why. "There's a little burn mark like one of those gates you made that one time--"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah! Shh, shut up, you amazing little guy, Ha!" Raakz grinned a grimace that said anything else was true. "Fuck, guess we're gonna be stuck in a re-occuring arc for the next few levels."

Raakz and Gordy then begin to loot the dead.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:25 am

As the battle ends, Ragnar's rage subsides. then he looks around and notices that Zylo is incapacitated, and also that his companion Geliah still is nowhere to be seen.

"Dragon man, how is Zylo doing?" Ragnar says as he begins to walk over there to the two of them," And how did you get here but Geliah didn't? When we left you, you were both in some crazy trance state at the bar?"

He surveys the area and looks over to Raakz and Gordy. Still standing by Odrak and Zylo, He says out ould to Raakz"As much as I love a good fight, we got into way less trouble before you arrived, I don't know if i trust you just yet, but thankfully you and your scared little friend are pretty handy in a fight. Can you heal him anymore than you already have?"

Ragnar becomes a level 2 barbarian
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:53 am

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:He surveys the area and looks over to Raakz and Gordy. Still standing by Odrak and Zylo, He says out ould to Raakz"As much as I love a good fight, we got into way less trouble before you arrived, I don't know if i trust you just yet, but thankfully you and your scared little friend are pretty handy in a fight. Can you heal him anymore than you already have?"

Gordy pipes up, "Oh, geez, mister! No, sorry, I'm all tapped out. But he'll be fine after some rest."
    Raakz sneers, "Ha, won't help the smell. Big man-- what was your name again? Anyway, these dead fuckers seemed to have it in for that dumb fucker," pointing at Zylo's unconscious heap, "so, ya know, don't go putting that shit on me."
    "Come on, Raakz, he's not that bad. I mean, he's awful brave to face down a gang like that," Gordy offered.
    "Brave, Stupid, yeah, yeah, that's the same." Raakz pulls out his flask and drinks. "Who the fuck were these guys anyway? They apparently knew one another." He goes back to sifting through the pockets of the dead to see what's what and who's who.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:57 am

Ragnar looks back down to Raakz, "The name's Ragnar, and yeah this one was kinda his fault, but the fight before that led us here was yours. I'm not sure if he's brave, stupid, or both, but Zylo seems to have a level head on him, and was just trying to take up for a poor innocent kid. Speaking of, where did he go?"

Ragnar looks around for the child that was inadvertently the cause of all of this.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:02 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar looks back down to Raakz, "The name's Ragnar, and yeah this one was kinda his fault, but the fight before that led us here was yours. I'm not sure if he's brave, stupid, or both, but Zylo seems to have a level head on him, and was just trying to take up for a poor innocent kid. Speaking of, where did he go?"

Ragnar looks around for the child that was inadvertently the cause of all of this.

"Oh, you mean the bounty-hunting?" Raakz loads the word with condescension. "The- [belch] -one that got you paid? Sure it wasn't much, but lives are cheap, and hers apparently cheaper than most. I've got another for a lot more." He points a finger towards the street. "Kid's over there. Or was when I left him."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Raakz and Gordy find 31 gold on the dead men. They each have a scimitar (5 in total), they find 3 water skins between the 5 men. Then they find a few unmarked glass bottles with a red liquid in them, similar looking to wine, but has an unnatural sparkle to it.

Ordak lifts Zylo up off the ground and throws him over his shoulder. "We should get him to a healer." Zylo's limp body slams into Ord's armor with an audible *clunk*. "Geliah is still at the bar doing some gambling." He breaths a little blue flame out his nose. "Must be something about this island that makes people zone out for long spans of time."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:39 pm

The child is laying on the ground with blood on his face where Raakz punched and left him.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:58 pm

Ragnar looks down at Raakz "Yeah thanks for the pocket change. That sure was a big bag and a lot of trouble for what we got out of it."

Ragnar walks over to the child and looks him over, " I don't remember h getting hit in the fight, then again I missed the beginning of the fight." He looks back to Raakz again, with a suspicious gaze, then back at Ordak, "It's probably best to get him to an actual (with audible emphasis on the word actual) healer" Ragnar says as he stands and stirdes towards the dragon man.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:05 pm

Ord turns with the little wolf boy over his shoulder, "Let's go."

The party shows up at a nearby healer after getting directions from a little old lady.

The healer fixes Zylo up and he is at full HP. The doctor charged 5 gold for the service. After all that, the party returns to the carriage. "Back to Aerl then?" Ordak offers to the group.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:31 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar looks down at Raakz "Yeah thanks for the pocket change. That sure was a big bag and a lot of trouble for what we got out of it."

Ragnar walks over to the child and looks him over, " I don't remember h getting hit in the fight, then again I missed the beginning of the fight." He looks back to Raakz again, with a suspicious gaze, then back at Ordak, "It's probably best to get him to an actual (with audible emphasis on the word actual) healer" Ragnar says as he stands and stirdes towards the dragon man.

"Don't eye-fuck me, gigantor. I have a lot more respect for those who spit it out."
    Gordy deflates at the emphasized "healer" comment, and whimpers a little before bowing up and saying, "Ya know, yeah, that's fine. Just be a-a- an ingrate! Damn, man."
    Raakz shrugs. "Eh, he didn't care for the pocket change, so I guess he doesn't want any off these guys either." Raakz pockets the gold and other loot. "When you find your balls, feel free to speak up."

Tolr'ax wrote:Ord turns with the little wolf boy over his shoulder, "Let's go."
    The party shows up at a nearby healer after getting directions from a little old lady.
    The healer fixes Zylo up and he is at full HP. The doctor charged 5 gold for the service. After all that, the party returns to the carriage. "Back to Aerl then?" Ordak offers to the group.

"Yeah, yeah, one sec." Raakz looks for somewhere to sell the scimitars. (*Also, before leaving the Doctor, he inquires about the sparkly wine potions, and if the doctor can identify them.)
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:57 pm

Ragnar eyes the tiny creature, "Listen here you little green shit, I could punt you and stomp your your friend like a bug, hell my axe is bigger than your little friend. You brought the attitude and I'm just pointing out the obvious. One: that you've been a pain in the ass since we met up with you, and two: that you obviously short changed everyone! And keep the money off the dead, I don't steal from corpses. You asked for our help, and if it wasn't for me I'm not sure you'd have made it out of that last one without running off like the coward you are. If we're going to work together I'd rather it be on the up and up, not with you trying use people and short change us. Get it right."

I turn to Ordak and the rest of the group "Does anyone else have any problems they'd like to air out? If not let's find Geliah and get on to Aerl"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:59 pm

Oxander wrote:"Yeah, yeah, one sec." Raakz looks for somewhere to sell the scimitars. (*Also, before leaving the Doctor, he inquires about the sparkly wine potions, and if the doctor can identify them.)

There is a small blacksmith on the same street as the healer's shop. The doctor could not identify the liquid, offering only, "Looks like alcohol to me."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:01 pm

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar eyes the tiny creature, "Listen here you little green shit, I could punt you and stomp your your friend like a bug, hell my axe is bigger than your little friend. You brought the attitude and I'm just pointing out the obvious. One: that you've been a pain in the ass since we met up with you, and two:  that you obviously short changed everyone! And keep the money off the dead, I don't steal from corpses. You asked for our help, and if it wasn't for me I'm not sure you'd have made it out of that last one without running off like the coward you are. If we're going to work together I'd rather it be on the up and up, not with you trying use people and short change us. Get it right."

I turn to Ordak and the rest of the group "Does anyone else have any problems they'd like to air out? If not let's find Geliah and get on to Aerl"

"Hooooot damn, there it is. I like this guy," he says to Gordy, sticking a thumb at Ragnar. "So since we're itemizing things, sure, let's get down to it:

"One. You don't loot from the dead. Fine, that's a personal choice to abstain, and as such you forfeit any findings on corpses. It does not entitle you to any additional portions of any contracts, prizes, hoards or otherwise. Agreed?

"Two. I didn't ask for your help. I hired you. I didn't short change you. I brought you a contract and offered payment. I brought it, you didn't question payment. I could have given you a copper and been within my verbal agreement on the matter. If you wanted more, you might have said as much then. And that bag you mentioned? Rats. A bunch of fucking rats fell out of it. You want that? Fine.

"Three. I'm not green, ya colorblind fuck. But yes, I am a little shit, and you're a very large shit, and your friend over there is a fucking werewolf. Isn't it great making new friends? We use others, and we enrich ourselves. That's what society does."

He wasn't shouting, but he wasn't backing down. Such is the way with genius arrogance.

"If you want to be on the 'up and up,'" Raakz air-quotes that one, "I'll happily write up a contract, but I just assumed you couldn't read."

//Ready Action Dodge

Last edited by Oxander on Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:06 pm

Ord just stands and looks at the big goliath and the little goblin fighting. "Done yet?"
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:03 pm

Ragnar rolls his eyes as Raakz rattles off about werewolves and using people, "Obviously he's a werewolf, and that's a big deal why? Your a goblin, and he's half goddamn dragon!" Ragnar laughs pointing over to Ord "Good job pointing out what the rest of us already knew" Ragnar says visibly amused. "You aren't nearly as clever as you think haha. No one cares about your contract or lack thereof, just don't steal from the rest of us. Quit shaking in your fancy boots already, I'd have already attacked you if I was going to do it." Ragnar says still laughing as he turns walking away to Ord.
    "Yeah I'm done, let's get on with the job we were hired for, it's up to our Goblin friend if he comes or not."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:19 pm

Raakz suffered the abuse in pained silence. It hurt, literally hurt to listen. This guy didn't listen to shit he'd said. How stupid were these people?

"Mhmm. In the future, remember I offered, and you rejected." He then went to sell the scimitars at the smith's.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:21 pm

*rolls over*

"What is with all the racket? So much yelling and my head is killing meh!!"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:48 pm

Dook wrote:*rolls over*

"What is with all the racket? So much yelling and my head is killing meh!!"

Over his shoulder, Raakz shouts, "You nearly died. Gordy saved you. And your friend is being a dick about it."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:41 am