Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 23 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:08 pm

Ragnar turns to Zylo, " Yeah I was a dick, but only after he knocked out a kid and called you an idiot. His friend kept you alive, which is good, but couldn't do anything else. He seems to be able to dish it out, so I'm sure he can take a little verbal abuse. I'm still not sure if I trust him yet. How are you feeling aside from the headache wolfy?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:28 am

Ord stands looks at Ragnar. "Werewolf?" Then he looks at Zylo. "You?" He sniffs Zylo. "Just smell like a wet dog to me."

Raakz goes into the smith, there is a halfling there about as tall as Raakz. "What can I do fer ya?" He strikes some hot metal with his hammer. "Need a weapon?"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:41 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Ord stands looks at Ragnar. "Werewolf?" Then he looks at Zylo. "You?" He sniffs Zylo. "Just smell like a wet dog to me."

Raakz goes into the smith, there is a halfling there about as tall as Raakz. "What can I do fer ya?" He strikes some hot metal with his hammer. "Need a weapon?"

"I could probably use a few daggers, but I wanted to sell these scimitars if you're buying." He sniffed. "Oh, and do you sell armor? Reinforced leather?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:57 am

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Ord stands looks at Ragnar. "Werewolf?" Then he looks at Zylo. "You?" He sniffs Zylo. "Just smell like a wet dog to me."

"I could probably use a few daggers, but I wanted to sell these scimitars if you're buying." He sniffed. "Oh, and do you sell armor? Reinforced leather?"

"I got some studded leather, what size ya need? I got a small, looks about yer size. 45 gold." He slams his hammer into the metal again *clank clank*. "Scimitars, eh, used I'll give ya 10 gold each, new, I'll give ya 15 gold each." He continues his work. *clank clank* "Daggers are 2 gold each."

Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Aug 07, 2019 1:09 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:
    "I got some studded leather, what size ya need? I got a small, looks about yer size. 45 gold." He slams his hammer into the metal again *clank clank*. "Scimitars, eh, used I'll give ya 10 gold each, new, I'll give ya 15 gold each." He continues his work. *clank clank* "Daggers are 2 gold each."

"Tiny, actually," Raakz responds, taking a twig from the flames and lighting a roll of something at his lips. Inhaling, he calls out to Gordy who dutifully appears as if from nowhere. In all his nervous motion, he gives a shy wave and weakly says, "Hi."

Exhaling, Raakz continues. "Well, I don't know how often they were used, but I do know they were each dropped once. Split the difference and call it 62? What about silvered daggers?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:01 pm

"I'll have to make some adjustments fer 'is size. But yeah I got wha' yer lookin' fer. And silvered daggers? Hunting werewolves, eh?" He goes over to a rack and pulls out a long dagger that has a nice shine to it and an intricate design etched into the blade. "100 gold fer this guy, one of my finer works." He then produces a fine leather sheathe for the dagger. "83 gold to me fer the trade then?"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:46 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"I'll have to make some adjustments fer 'is size. But yeah I got wha' yer lookin' fer. And silvered daggers? Hunting werewolves, eh?" He goes over to a rack and pulls out a long dagger that has a nice shine to it and an intricate design etched into the blade. "100 gold fer this guy, one of my finer works." He then produces a fine leather sheathe for the dagger. "83 gold to me fer the trade then?"

Raakz puffs his stogie and offers a hand out to study the dagger, if the smith will give it over, and gestures to the size of Gordy. "It's half the leather, isn't it? So it ought to be half the price. Hell, I'm not too shabby with my hands, if you've got a smaller piece in the works I can take that and stitch it myself. I'd hate for you to have to mangle a full size kit here. You don't smelt a sword to make a dagger, am I right?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:58 am

"Well, I appreciate the help from everyone. Kinda walked into that trap and almost got killed over it. Lesson learned, I suppose."

I look around for the small goblin and tiny healer.

"Where is the small ones?"

I then notice that the dragon is smelling me intensely..

"Hey, not too close! The smell comes with the curse. I heard the goblin expose meh as I was waking, but its not that much of a secret anyway.."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:02 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:"I'll have to make some adjustments fer 'is size. But yeah I got wha' yer lookin' fer. And silvered daggers? Hunting werewolves, eh?" He goes over to a rack and pulls out a long dagger that has a nice shine to it and an intricate design etched into the blade. "100 gold fer this guy, one of my finer works." He then produces a fine leather sheathe for the dagger. "83 gold to me fer the trade then?"

Raakz puffs his stogie and offers a hand out to study the dagger, if the smith will give it over, and gestures to the size of Gordy. "It's half the leather, isn't it? So it ought to be half the price. Hell, I'm not too shabby with my hands, if you've got a smaller piece in the works I can take that and stitch it myself. I'd hate for you to have to mangle a full size kit here. You don't smelt a sword to make a dagger, am I right?"

The halfling frowns. "If you want to make it yourself, you can buy the supplies." He hands over the dagger for you to inspect. "Craftsmanship has value. Just because it is not as much material does not mean that intricacies of forming armor are devalued." The little man says with a huff clearly annoyed with Raakz's bartering.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:03 pm

Dook wrote:"Well, I appreciate the help from everyone. Kinda walked into that trap and almost got killed over it. Lesson learned, I suppose."

I look around for the small goblin and tiny healer.

"Where is the small ones?"

I then notice that the dragon is smelling me intensely..

"Hey, not too close! The smell comes with the curse. I heard the goblin expose meh as I was waking, but its not that much of a secret anyway.."

"Goblin and his friend went into the smith, took the weapons from the cultists. The main one got away." Ordak says plainly.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:37 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The halfling frowns. "If you want to make it yourself, you can buy the supplies." He hands over the dagger for you to inspect. "Craftsmanship has value. Just because it is not as much material does not mean that intricacies of forming armor are devalued." The little man says with a huff clearly annoyed with Raakz's bartering.

Raakz rolls his eyes and pulls out one of the gemstones from the carriage lockbox. "60 for the scimitars to me, 40 for the armor to you, this gemstone for your silver dagger, and... do you have a light crossbow?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:08 pm

"Wait....are you telling me...the person I did the most harm to got away?"

I shake my head.

"Whatever, I am sure it will come back to bite us in the ass.. We need to get to Aerl. I am sure he is waiting on us."

I walk out and head to the rendezvous point.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:26 pm

Ragnar turns to Zylo as he gets up, "You want to wait for our new goblin friend or see if he catches up?"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:01 pm

I wave my hand in a fashion that I don't care either way. Still upset that the group let the main guy get away..
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:55 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:The halfling frowns. "If you want to make it yourself, you can buy the supplies." He hands over the dagger for you to inspect. "Craftsmanship has value. Just because it is not as much material does not mean that intricacies of forming armor are devalued." The little man says with a huff clearly annoyed with Raakz's bartering.

Raakz rolls his eyes and pulls out one of the gemstones from the carriage lockbox. "60 for the scimitars to me, 40 for the armor to you, this gemstone for your silver dagger, and... do you have a light crossbow?"

The halfling agrees. "I"ll throw in the crossbow."

Dook wrote:I wave my hand in a fashion that I don't care either way. Still upset that the group let the main guy get away..

Ord follows "Goblin should be able to find us."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:06 am

Raakz: You and the halfling make the trade. You walk out with all your new toys and see....the fuckers left you and Gordy. Gordy says, "Oh jeez Raakz, seems like they got mad, maybe we should return to Aerl since h..he..he's our ride to Grathport. That bounty seems like it would, ya know, fund our adventures for like 6 more levels."

Zylo, Ragnar, Ordak: Are you going to the carriage?
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:47 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Raakz: You and the halfling make the trade. You walk out with all your new toys and see....the fuckers left you and Gordy. Gordy says, "Oh jeez Raakz, seems like they got mad, maybe we should return to Aerl since h..he..he's our ride to Grathport. That bounty seems like it would, ya know, fund our adventures for like 6 more levels."

Zylo, Ragnar, Ordak: Are you going to the carriage?

Yes
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:35 pm

Zylo, Ragnar, and Ord: The three of you make it to the carriage. A person in a black hood is sitting in the driver's seat.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:04 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Raakz: You and the halfling make the trade. You walk out with all your new toys and see....the fuckers left you and Gordy. Gordy says, "Oh jeez Raakz, seems like they got mad, maybe we should return to Aerl since h..he..he's our ride to Grathport. That bounty seems like it would, ya know, fund our adventures for like 6 more levels."

"Yeah, Gordy. I have a talent for making people mad. That and fucking grandmothers... sorry, Gordy," Raakz says half apologetically, patting Gordy on the shoulder. "Come on. If I wanted to stick it to someone smarter than me, well, I'd have to kill myself, but those idiots are probably going to trash our carriage."

Raakz starts heading in that direction. "Hey, we should name it something. Hobo Hearse or something." He then offers up about 14 other options that ranged from "Bird Semiconductor Apex Medical" to "Tactical Healthcare."

Tolr'ax wrote:Zylo, Ragnar, and Ord: The three of you make it to the carriage. A person in a black hood is sitting in the driver's seat.

(Let me know when Raakz arrives.)
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:02 am

"Oi! Who are you dressing all menacing in our carriage?"

Zylo says loud enough for all the party to hear
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:52 am

The hooded figure doffs his covering to reveal himself to be Aerl. "Come on now, we have places to be. I heard you got yourself a new carriage. Nice."

Raakz and Gordy show up shortly after Aerl reveals himself, as they were not far behind.

"Shall we go pick up your friend that Ordak told me about, this Geliah lass?" He said with an impatient tone.
    ASeaFaringLlama
    ASeaFaringLlama

Post by ASeaFaringLlama Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:09 am

Ragnar answers whichever "he" was speaking ......

"Probably so, unless she has some sort of spell where she can travel here instantly, or one of us has one. I know that I don't."

Ragnar asks the group as a whole, "Any of y'all magical or anything, know any kind of spells?"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:49 am

Tolr'ax wrote:The hooded figure doffs his covering to reveal himself to be Aerl. "Come on now, we have places to be. I heard you got yourself a new carriage. Nice."

Raakz and Gordy show up shortly after Aerl reveals himself, as they were not far behind.

"Shall we go pick up your friend that Ordak told me about, this Geliah lass?" He said with an impatient tone.

"Sure, just move your ass from my driver's seat," Raakz says, climbing up.

ASeaFaringLlama wrote:Ragnar answers whichever "he" was speaking ......

"Probably so, unless she has some sort of spell where she can travel here instantly, or one of us has one. I know that I don't."

Ragnar asks the group as a whole, "Any of y'all magical or anything, know any kind of spells?"

"That's powerful magic, teleportation. We'll have to travel the mundane way. Climb in, fellas."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:15 am

Aerl climbs into the carriage letting Raakz drive. "Where did you all get this carriage? I had to ask the dwarf at the bounty desk if he had seen any of you. Raakz, you sure do make an impression. And hello Gordy, nice to see you, my speedy friend." Aerl said with a small smile.

The party, at Ragnar, Zylo, and Ordak's direction, makes it's way to Owen's bar. As the party walks in Owen is at his usual seat, he jumps up "Is this him?! The Aerl, Rael fellow that I sent you to find?!" He rushes over to Aerl and grabs his hand, "Hello hello!" He shakes his hand vigorously.

Aerl just stands and lets his hand be shaken. "He-hello?" Aerl turns to the others with a curious look on his face.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:45 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Aerl just stands and lets his hand be shaken. "He-hello?" Aerl turns to the others with a curious look on his face.

"Whatever," Raakz makes his way to the bar and fills his flasks with booze.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:23 am