Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
Troyer
Gabbie4eva
Irish Ninjutsu Master
7 posters

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 24 Empty Re: Brethren of Grath - Gameplay

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:33 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Aerl just stands and lets his hand be shaken. "He-hello?" Aerl turns to the others with a curious look on his face.

"Whatever," Raakz makes his way to the bar and fills his flasks with booze.

The bartender looks at him and glares. "2 gold for all that, Gob." He extends his hand out.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:47 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The bartender looks at him and glares. "2 gold for all that, Gob." He extends his hand out.

"Ah, the sweet music of racism. Can't get enough of that." Raakz tosses two gold down.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:51 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:The bartender looks at him and glares. "2 gold for all that, Gob." He extends his hand out.

"Ah, the sweet music of racism. Can't get enough of that." Raakz tosses two gold down.

The bartender picks it up. "Not racist, just don't like customers helping themselves." He grunts and puts the money in a lock box.

Owen pulls Aerl into a seat. "So, about this drink you are selling, I want you to sell to me."

Aerl's face turns to a frown. "Sorry, but it isn't my choice who I sell to."
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:52 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:The bartender picks it up. "Not racist, just don't like customers helping themselves." He grunts and puts the money in a lock box.

(? He went to the bar to fill them. "Get them filled," whatever. Not like reach over and fill them himself.)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:21 am

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:The bartender picks it up. "Not racist, just don't like customers helping themselves." He grunts and puts the money in a lock box.

(? He went to the bar to fill them. "Get them filled," whatever. Not like reach over and fill them himself.)

Ah my mistake, I just assumed that Raakz would help himself.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:22 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Ah my mistake, I just assumed that Raakz would help himself.

(Raakz will be more exact in the future.)

He drinks, and waits on Earl and the guy shaking his hand. While doing so, he inspects his new crossbow, and starts fooling with a sling for it, tightening the wings, and so forth.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:20 am

Raakz gets his flasks filled with the finest booze offered.

The bartender apologizes for thinking that Raakz was going to help himself. "Guess I don't expect much from Gobs." He chuckled to himself.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:23 am

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Ah my mistake, I just assumed that Raakz would help himself.

(Raakz will be more exact in the future.)

He drinks, and waits on Earl and the guy shaking his hand. While doing so, he inspects his new crossbow, and starts fooling with a sling for it, tightening the wings, and so forth.

Raakz tinkers his crossbow to peak performance. This new weapon should do nicely for the little green goblin.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:09 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Raakz gets his flasks filled with the finest booze offered.

The bartender apologizes for thinking that Raakz was going to help himself. "Guess I don't expect much from Gobs." He chuckled to himself.

See. Racist.

Tolr'ax wrote:Raakz tinkers his crossbow to peak performance. This new weapon should do nicely for the little green goblin.

Not. Green.

Something like this, but more mocha in color:
    Brethren of Grath - Gameplay - Page 24 Raakz10
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:12 pm

*Yellow-brown Goblin
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:42 am

Zylo sits and waits for Aerl. Trying to eaves drop on their conversation.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:07 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Raakz tinkers his crossbow to peak performance. This new weapon should do nicely for the little dusky goblin.

The trigger was garbage. It was less a trigger and more a lever that ran half the length of the stock. And it wasn't shaped for a proper grip. The limbs were straight without recurved, and that was more annoyance than anything else. Both the stock and the limbs he could fashion easily enough with the proper wood. The risers were reinforced as part of the flight groove, which was good, and the string was some kind of strong cured animal sinew. Overall, the fitment wasn't the best, but it was a reliable killing device. With his special fixes, it would be superb.

At some point he'd started talking out loud, as much to himself as Gordy or the barkeeper, detailing all the pros and cons of the device in his hands. At one point, he drew his hand crossbow and compared the two, and left the smaller device on the counter by a drink he didn't remember ordering and a scatter of silver coins. Which gave him an idea...

"Hey, can I get about fifty coppers? So long as they're all uniform in size, or at least near as you can get. And, where can I find a carpenter around here?"
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:05 am

Owen frowns, "What do you mean it isn't yours to sell?! You are the only one in Grath that has access to it! I don't know how you managed to negotiate with the cult, but I am very impressed with your achievement! I want to have the beverage at my establishment here. What do I have to do to earn it?"

Aerl just leans back in his chair. "You have to be a member of the cult to receive the Goddess's nectar." He said bluntly. "That is why Zylo there was attacked in the fight pits for trying to seek it out." He pulls out a pipe and lights it. "I am able to sell the drink because I was contacted by a member of the cult, Adaranth Barlow." He puffs on his pipe. "Zylo, no need to sit so far away, this concerns you. All of you. You have all been marked as enemies of the cult. Barlow is not one to have his business messed with, and now that you all have been trying to find me and get the exclusive drink, Barlow will try to stop you from pursuing it any longer." Aerl stands up and pulls out a bottle, similar to the one that Raakz picked up from the dead cult member, and the one that Zylo received from the bartender of the Golden Dragon. "This beverage is part of something bigger. I have been trying to get info on what Barlow's plans are. I believe them to be a great threat to this island." Aerl went to the bar and grabbed a glass. He poured the liquid from the bottle into the glass and it looked like ordinary wine. "If you drink this, you start having visions. It corrupts the mind. I believe that the cult is trying to take over the island."

Owen stares at Aerl. "I had no clue. I only heard about it from a friend of mine who frequents the Golden Dragon. He...he wanted me to test it out, but once I heard the price, I figured that I could make a boat load of money from it." Owen gets up and paces the room. "What were your plans?"

Aerl stares at Owen and sighs, "I have only gathered the info that I have given you. They have me sell to the wealthiest taverns and bars in the cities of Grath. They require them to purchase so much at a high price. Chests of gold are traded. The elite of Grath order this drink. They have to be able to pay a hefty price for it. I believe they are trying to corrupt the most powerful leaders of the island and bend them to the cult's will. I leave for Grathport tomorrow to take a shipment of the Nectar to a tavern there called the Ravaged Wench."

Ord chimes in, "We were attacked by the cult earlier today, we killed all but one of them."

Aerl whips his head at Ordak, "Why didn't you say something earlier?!" Aerl looks shocked. "That was either Barlow or one of his men."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:07 am

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Raakz tinkers his crossbow to peak performance. This new weapon should do nicely for the little dusky goblin.

The trigger was garbage. It was less a trigger and more a lever that ran half the length of the stock. And it wasn't shaped for a proper grip. The limbs were straight without recurved, and that was more annoyance than anything else. Both the stock and the limbs he could fashion easily enough with the proper wood. The risers were reinforced as part of the flight groove, which was good, and the string was some kind of strong cured animal sinew. Overall, the fitment wasn't the best, but it was a reliable killing device. With his special fixes, it would be superb.

At some point he'd started talking out loud, as much to himself as Gordy or the barkeeper, detailing all the pros and cons of the device in his hands. At one point, he drew his hand crossbow and compared the two, and left the smaller device on the counter by a drink he didn't remember ordering and a scatter of silver coins. Which gave him an idea...

"Hey, can I get about fifty coppers? So long as they're all uniform in size, or at least near as you can get. And, where can I find a carpenter around here?"

The bartender exchanges your silver for some coppers, mostly uniform in size. "Nearest carpenter is Graham down the street. Nice chap. He'll treat you right."
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:05 pm

"Yeah, they did a number on me, but I would recognize him if I saw him again, possibly even smell him before he appears."

Zylo says with a light chuckle.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:39 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Aerl whips his head at Ordak, "Why didn't you say something earlier?!" Aerl looks shocked. "That was either Barlow or one of his men."

Without missing a beat, Raakz spared some wisdom. "Because you couldn't stop blowing yourself."

Tolr'ax wrote:The bartender exchanges your silver for some coppers, mostly uniform in size. "Nearest carpenter is Graham down the street. Nice chap. He'll treat you right."

He then hopped down, reholstered his weapons, and went to find Graham.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:08 am

Dook wrote:"Yeah, they did a number on me, but I would recognize him if I saw him again, possibly even smell him before he appears."

Zylo says with a light chuckle.

"Did they mention my name?"

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:Aerl whips his head at Ordak, "Why didn't you say something earlier?!" Aerl looks shocked. "That was either Barlow or one of his men."

Without missing a beat, Raakz spared some wisdom. "Because you couldn't stop blowing yourself."

He then hopped down, reholstered his weapons, and went to find Graham.

Aerl just frowned at Raakz as the insult landed. "We are leaving in the morning." Aerl turns to Owen. "I can pay for every one's stay tonight, all the food and drink they want. But we must be ready for some sort of an attack. They are not the sort to just let a threat to their plans live."
    "Of course, I will have the rooms readied for you all." Owen goes into the kitchen and you all hear some muffled orders, then the small boy in the back runs out and up the stairs. Owen steps out of the kitchen, "The rooms will be ready within the hour."

As Raakz leaves the tavern, he follows the directions that the bartender gave, arriving at Graham's shop. The craftsmanship is apparent anywhere you look. Fine woodwork adorns the facade of the shop, a large wooden sign with gilded leafing at the border. "The Grainy Gusset" reads bold on the sign. The door is a heavy dark wood with intricate designs carved into it. A sign hangs on the door that says "open".

Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 am

Tolr'ax wrote:As Raakz leaves the tavern, he follows the directions that the bartender gave, arriving at Graham's shop. The craftsmanship is apparent anywhere you look. Fine woodwork adorns the facade of the shop, a large wooden sign with gilded leafing at the border. "The Grainy Gusset" reads bold on the sign. The door is a heavy dark wood with intricate designs carved into it. A sign hangs on the door that says "open".

Raakz lets himself in, and looks around.

Gordy, on the other hand, starts pickpocketing people on the streets, avoiding anyone that looks magical or heavily armed. (+8 Stealth, +8 Sleight of Hand, also +8 Acrobatics against any Grapples, and Racial Evasion)
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:47 pm

Oxander wrote:
    Tolr'ax wrote:As Raakz leaves the tavern, he follows the directions that the bartender gave, arriving at Graham's shop. The craftsmanship is apparent anywhere you look. Fine woodwork adorns the facade of the shop, a large wooden sign with gilded leafing at the border. "The Grainy Gusset" reads bold on the sign. The door is a heavy dark wood with intricate designs carved into it. A sign hangs on the door that says "open".

Raakz lets himself in, and looks around.

Gordy, on the other hand, starts pickpocketing people on the streets, avoiding anyone that looks magical or heavily armed.  (+8 Stealth, +8 Sleight of Hand, also +8 Acrobatics against any Grapples, and Racial Evasion)

Gordy snags 21 gold from unsuspecting citizens. None of them notice anything but a small breeze as he runs by pilfering through their pockets.

Raakz enters the building and notices elaborate woodwork all throughout the shop. Everything is meticulously crafted. A good looking human man in his early thirties greets him. "Welcome to my shop! What can I do for you, sir?" He is greeted by Graham. He has light brown hair and is slightly dusted in sawdust. He has on some spectacles and is about 6' tall clean shaven with a strong jaw.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:17 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:Gordy snags 21 gold from unsuspecting citizens. None of them notice anything but a small breeze as he runs by pilfering through their pockets.

Raakz enters the building and notices elaborate woodwork all throughout the shop. Everything is meticulously crafted. A good looking human man in his early thirties greets him. "Welcome to my shop! What can I do for you, sir?" He is greeted by Graham. He has light brown hair and is slightly dusted in sawdust. He has on some spectacles and is about 6' tall clean shaven with a strong jaw.

"Nice place. I need some rough wood, yew or poplar preferably." He then unslings his crossbow to give proper dimensions for the parts he needs.

Meanwhile, Gordy has himself a half pint of dark ale back at the inn.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:33 pm

Graham happily supplies what Raakz asks for. And only for a silver.

Gordy drinks himself into a stupor. He is so tiny that his little body absorbs all the alcohol super quick.
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:26 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Graham happily supplies what Raakz asks for. And only for a silver.

Gordy drinks himself into a stupor. He is so tiny that his little body absorbs all the alcohol super quick.

Raakz looks about for anything of curious note, exceptional craftsmanship, or just kooky goodness. "Say, think you could use these gemstones? I'm not looking for a profit on 'em, just to unload 'em," he asks while browsing. There was some beautiful stuff in here. Should he ever have a house again, he'd furnish it from this guy.

---

Gordy stumbles over to Ragnar and Zylo and the Dragonborn dude that he didn't know the name, Ordnak or whatever.
    "Oh, geez, hey guys," he sways on his feet a little, as though his boundless energy was struggling with the booze. "Say, I just wanted to, ya know, apologize for Raakz. He's a, uh, he's a dick. Like, probably the biggest dick you've ever met. But he's -- he'll definitely like, do whatever he can for people. The ones who don't suck. And you, you guys, I can tell -- you don't suck. So ya know, tell him he can eat his own shit or whatever. He'll have more respect for that than you just stoic-stoically taking it." Gordy promptly face-plants and begins snoring.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:34 am

Raakz: Nothing out of the ordinary in the shop. Just some damn fine craftsmanship in every piece he can see. Graham takes the gems, "Sure, I can incorporate them into one of my works. Nobles pay a high price for stuff like that." He pays you 400 gold from a lock box behind an ornamental desk.

Gordy: Aerl pick the little guy up and moves him to he and Raakz's room to sleep off the ale.

Zylo, Ragnar, Ordak: Aerl comes back from putting the drunken quickling to bed, "So, is there anything you want to do before we head out tomorrow? Or do you just want to eat and drink?"
    Oxander
    Oxander

Post by Oxander Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:40 am

Tolr'ax wrote:Raakz: Nothing out of the ordinary in the shop. Just some damn fine craftsmanship in every piece he can see. Graham takes the gems, "Sure, I can incorporate them into one of my works. Nobles pay a high price for stuff like that." He pays you 400 gold from a lock box behind an ornamental desk.

Sweet. Is there a fiddle/violin in the shop?
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:56 am

There happens to be a finely crafted violin sitting in the shop.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:10 am