Alea Iacta Est

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Alea Iacta Est

Rolling Dice for Pretend Stuff

+3
eiznof
Jamros Mageblood
Olo
7 posters

Sands of the South - Game Thread

Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Tolr'ax Thu May 11, 2017 1:07 pm

I look to A'mryl "Night is when the Orcs hunt..." I smile "Perfect time to hunt them as well" I laugh a hearty laugh and touch my greatsword strapped to my back to show it's heft. "I hope you all have the ability to survive."
    Dook
    Dook

Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Sands of the South - Game Thread

Post by Dook Thu May 11, 2017 1:15 pm

A'mryl wrote:Dook, I have more than adequate vision in darkness. No need to worry with the day. Let us find protection from the sun, night will be safer and more tolerable to travel.

"As do I A'mryl, but I agree. The sum is draining and dreadful. Shade or cover would be great until it settles down. Food would be nice as well!! I'm with the Tolr'ax, meat is needed!!"
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I look to A'mryl "Night is when the Orcs hunt..." I smile "Perfect time to hunt them as well" I laugh a hearty laugh and touch my greatsword strapped to my back to show it's heft. "I hope you all have the ability to survive."

I punch my palm with excitement! "Now I'm excited for a fight!"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 1:16 pm

A'mryl wrote:Dook, I have more than adequate vision in darkness. No need to worry with the day. Let us find protection from the sun, night will be safer and more tolerable to travel.

Oridrys nods. "Our large friend from the mountains may not be familiar with precisely how debilitating daytime marching in a desert can be. We currently have no source of fresh water and food supplies are limited, yes? I'd much prefer to secure these necessities to life than burning to death in the dunes. Water is priority, not some tower or sunken ship."

Dook wrote:"Taryn, what says you on the situation? ThoughThoughts concerns, growling of the stomach?"

Before Taryn replies, the Goliath speaks...

Tolr'ax wrote:I look to A'mryl "Night is when the Orcs hunt..." I smile "Perfect time to hunt them as well" I laugh a hearty laugh and touch my greatsword strapped to my back to show it's heft. "I hope you all have the ability to survive."

Taryn flinches and visibly whitens. "Orcs?! There are orcs out there?" he squeaks.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu May 11, 2017 1:24 pm

"Orcs are everywhere" I say to Taryn. "They plague my lands. I plague them with death....but I do grow thirsty and hungry" My stomach makes a low rumble. I stop my march and get out my traveler's clothes, large enough for my body, I take 2 of my javelins and prop up the clothes to make a lean-to for a temporary shelter and protection from the sun. "We can stop here for a moment and look for any water or prey." I start looking for resources. (12 Survival)
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Thu May 11, 2017 1:26 pm

These cacti can provide water if it gets dire enough. Also, these lizards may provide enough food until water and bigger game can be found. Lets start digging, perhaps water can be found deeper?...
    21 survival
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu May 11, 2017 1:42 pm

"I'm impressed. I will look for some quick game for us to eat." I walk into the wilderness. 21 survival

"A'mryl, do you think you could relay the message to Jamros? His scouting could prove useful to us later."
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu May 11, 2017 1:54 pm

For a moment, to keep my energy and health up, I stop and eat some rations and drink a few sips of water from my pack, making sure to save as much as possible.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:"Orcs are everywhere" I say to Taryn. "They plague my lands. I plague them with death....but I do grow thirsty and hungry" My stomach makes a low rumble. I stop my march and get out my traveler's clothes, large enough for my body, I take 2 of my javelins and prop up the clothes to make a lean-to for a temporary shelter and protection from the sun. "We can stop here for a moment and look for any water or prey." I start looking for resources. (12 Survival)

You find a few scraggly weeds.* They are purple-tinged, unimpressive, and stupid.

(* You don't know it yet, but it's known locally as Ucre Bramble.)

A'mryl wrote:These cacti can provide water if it gets dire enough. Also, these lizards may provide enough food until water and bigger game can be found. Lets start digging, perhaps water can be found deeper?...
    21 survival

The cacti are not large nor rooted deeply. After a couple of minutes of digging, you see there's little use in the effort.

Dook wrote:"I'm impressed. I will look for some quick game for us to eat." I walk into the wilderness. 21 survival

"A'mryl, do you think you could relay the message to Jamros? His scouting could prove useful to us later."

You spend an hour roving the countryside nearby. You eventually collect 4 lizards, 1 snake, a rat, and 3 small birds, along with a handful of ugly beetles, spiders, and such insects.

Jamros Mageblood wrote:For a moment, to keep my energy and health up, I stop and eat some rations and drink a few sips of water from my pack, making sure to save as much as possible.

You feel refreshed. Having stopped for a moment, you take the time to look around. From above, the hills belie the true nature of the terrain. Sure, it's sandy and rocky and dry, but with all these various dips and folds in the land, there's actually pretty adequate shade in certain spots along the way. About 50 yards from you down a slight embankment that's a cleft in a low mesa-like formation. Roll Perception, or get closer to roll Investigation.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 3:02 pm

All Of You
    Eiznof approaches with a satchel. It is very wet. "I brought some supplies I found on the beach. There's some odds and ends in here. Any of you want to look through it?" As if to prove it, he upturns the sack and dumps about a number of items:

one abacus
    3 glass bottles of unknown contents
    fishing gear and tackle
    a hammer with several steel spikes
    an empty jug
    a set of manacles
    a small mirror of polished steel
    a magnifying glass
    an iron pot
    a rolled tarp
    a small shovel
    and soap.

Looking quite proud, he grins as he pulls out another interesting piece. "After you left, the ship captain washed ashore. Or what was left of him. His spyglass was still in the leather cast on his hip."
    Sands of the South - Game Thread - Page 5 Spyglass_by_cuervojose-d4eyg27
    Oooh! Fancy!
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu May 11, 2017 3:10 pm

I will look at the mesa from a distance first (Perception 21)
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Thu May 11, 2017 3:16 pm

Well, seems like I've succeeded in making myself dirty.*in a disgusted voice*
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Thu May 11, 2017 3:28 pm

Eiznof, I'll take the soap.
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Thu May 11, 2017 3:34 pm

21 animal handle

Eiznof, did it appear our Captain succumbed to a knife as well?
    A'mryl
    A'mryl

Post by A'mryl Thu May 11, 2017 3:42 pm

Fishing gear I'll nab as well.

Gesturing Olo to come to come away from earshot "I am not feeling too trusting of the elf and her nephew. Do you remember the from before the ship wreck?"
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 3:46 pm

Jamros Mageblood wrote:I will look at the mesa from a distance first (Perception 21)

It appears free of foliage or inhabitants, and seems large enough for your party to shelter the heat of the day.

A'mryl wrote:Eiznof, I'll take the soap.

He gestures to the cache. "Feel free. Though if you want water, you'll need to go to the ocean, I guess."

Olo wrote:21 animal handle

They are definitely not humanoids. Davial knows the concept of humanoid as being, more or less, the sort of creatures you and A'mryl are. One might understand the thought as 'civilized.' These creatures are most definitely 'predators' - in other words, wild beasts. Though they do seem to have some rudimentary social structure, gathered in a pack such as they are. They are mostly about your size, Olo, give or take a few inches. Davial can fly to them in about half an hour, but it would take you lot probably 3-4 hours to reach them. All of this comes to you in the simplest of communications, but you are able to parse between the raven's "words" for truer meanings.

Of course... Davial is a bird, and you are not.

Olo wrote:21 animal handle

Eiznof, did it appear our Captain succumbed to a knife as well?

"Um. Hard to tell. He was pretty mangled."

Last edited by Troyer on Thu May 11, 2017 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu May 11, 2017 4:01 pm

I return from the wilderness with a big smile on my face! "I have returned my friends with some tasty morsels to have our fill. I'll start a fire and start cooking up some grub." I collect some wood and try to start a fire with my tinderbox. 15 survival
    Jamros Mageblood
    Jamros Mageblood

Post by Jamros Mageblood Thu May 11, 2017 4:05 pm

I make my way onto a hill for higher ground and using the mirror in my bag I attempt to signal the others using gleams of light to get their attention, waving my other arm to follow in case they can see me. I will wait for a response for a moment.
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 4:05 pm

Dook wrote:I return from the wilderness with a big smile on my face! "I have returned my friends with some tasty morsels to have our fill. I'll start a fire and start cooking up some grub." I collect some wood and try to start a fire with my tinderbox. 15 survival

Oh, vile torment! Mere twigs and frail weeds beset your efforts. Your "fire" is a sorry thing. But... the stones are hot to the touch. Temperatures will rise throughout the day, and you could probably cook the meat by simply setting it on the stone for a time.
    Dook
    Dook

Post by Dook Thu May 11, 2017 4:12 pm

"I never was known for my fire making.." hahaha "But I'll start using the stones to cook the meat."
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu May 11, 2017 5:19 pm

I check these twigs I found for any use (Natural 20 Investivstion)
    Olo
    Olo

Post by Olo Thu May 11, 2017 6:47 pm

A'mryl wrote:Fishing gear I'll nab as well.

Gesturing Olo to come to come away from earshot "I am not feeling too trusting of the elf and her nephew. Do you remember the from before the ship wreck?"

Can I roll History for this?
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Thu May 11, 2017 8:46 pm

Tolr'ax wrote:I check these twigs I found for any use (Natural 20 Investivstion)

Congrats. This weed is unknown to you, and though unimpressed, you poke, prod, and pinch the little thing until your fingers are tinged purple as well. It smells bitter. You are now a stinky, purple-highlighted nude giant-man roasting pink in the desert sun. I'm sure your tribe would be proud.

Olo wrote:
    A'mryl wrote:Fishing gear I'll nab as well.

Can I roll History for this?

Not necessary. You remember seeing them, vaguely. At the time they were merely another couple of passengers, and nothing made them stand out.
    Tolr'ax
    Tolr'ax

Post by Tolr'ax Thu May 11, 2017 10:44 pm

I gather some of the weeds and make body markings on myself in the fasion of my tribe. "This dessert is a stupid place to live, where is Pocket Patter? I wonder what he has found" I look grab the spy glass and see if I can see him. (13 Perception)
    Troyer
    Troyer
    Admin

Post by Troyer Fri May 12, 2017 6:31 am

Tolr'ax wrote:I gather some of the weeds and make body markings on myself in the fasion of my tribe. "This dessert is a stupid place to live, where is Pocket Patter? I wonder what he has found" I look grab the spy glass and see if I can see him. (13 Perception)

Eiznof does not relinquish the spyglass, and looks at you most dissprovingly.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:13 pm